Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
atomic*orange

Les Bijoux

Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.

Wet on skin: Oooh, apples! A little bit of honey, but mostly apple - mmm mmm apple!

5 minutes: Crap, is that musk? We hates it preciouss, oh yes we does. But...apple!

10 minutes: Apple vs musk in a steel cage match to the death. Who will win? Honey is standing outside the cage, sobbing, waving a hankie to apple.

2 hours +: Left! Right! Left! Ohh, apple is down! I repeat, apple is down!! Musk is the victor and he's cozying up to apple's widow, honey (the cheap hoor!).

Final verdict? Honey + musk - it smells a lot like Et Lux (ambers and musks tend to smell similar on me), so while I'll keep the imp I don't think I'll be buying a bottle. Edited by Shollin

This is a really pretty, girly blend. At first, I smell apples, honey, and a hint of peach. When it dries, the rose comes out too, but it isn't overly old-ladyish like many rose notes can turn on me. The scent is very delicate, and I think it would be perfect for springtime. The only thing holding me back from buying a bottle is that I have lots of other peach, honey, and apple scents that I love too. So...I'll be keeping the imp and making the bottle determination later. Overall, another winner! :P

Wet this is apples and peaches- dewy, ripe and juicy. When first on this is apples, very juicy apples sweetened by peach. It starts to soften after a few minutes. After a couple of hours it becomes a soft, close to the skin scent. I can catch wisps of the frankincense and myrrh. This dries down to a close to the skin honey scent with hints of rose. This is a full, rounded, sweet and sensual blend. Very nice!

When first applied, this is about the most intensely realistic apple scent I've yet come across! It smells exactly like a fresh, ripe apple, lush and juicy, with overtones of honey -- maybe fresh apple slices with honey drizzled over them. And a faint auro of sensual musk. I don't know whether I want to eat this scent or have sex with it.

The apple dies down fairly quickly, though. The next stage is lighter and sweeter, or at least a different kind of sweet. The rose is definitely putting in an appearance, and I would have sworn there was something fresh and green abd herbal underneath it, though looking at the notes I have no idea what that would be. It's almost a green-grass undertone. I think I can smell the orange blossom too, but no sign of the incense resins yet. It's predominantly a fruity floral at this stage.

Eventually, it settles down to a pleasantly sweet incensey skin-scent, with just a faint fruity-floral-musk overtone. Very nice.

So this is definitely a morpher -- like several different scents in one! Fortunately, I seem to like all of them, except for perhaps a brief spot of awkwardness where stage 1 (apple/honey) is giving way to stage 2 (rose grass), where it seems like it doesn't know what it wants to be for a little while there and smells a bit discordant. But other than that, it's lovely, and a definite keeper.

Grade: B+/A-

Edited by Miss Lynx

In the imp: Apple with hints of peach.

Wet: Lots and lots of fruit! The apple and peach are still goin' strong.

Drydown: The apple and peach fade and it becomes much more complicated and balanced. It's a very fresh, fruit scent. I can't pick up the orange blossom or myrrh at all. It's just a delicate balance of apple and peach, with tiny touches of floral. The honey and the musk are definitely there in the background, they give it a slightly sexy undertone. It's just a very pretty scent, it's very crisp... I feel like I'm biting into a sweet, perfect apple.

The throw isn't great on this, which kinda bums me out because I'd love the world to smell this on me. I'm gonna give it a few more tries before I decide if I'm gonna get a big bottle (since throw varies a LOT with me due to crazy chemistry) but I am so absolutely using every bit of this imp.

straight sniff from imp is an apple martini :D ...so fresh and inviting!

once applied the honey comes charging through along with the rose, myrrh and

frankincense... :P

omg, this is just so incredible...after 15-20 minutes this fades into such a lovely

and creamy fruit scent...so pretty...i feel a big bottle purchase coming on :D

I got this scent in the hope that the rose would just magically disappear or at least not hate me.....

wet I can smell apple!! no hint of roses yet.

On me the rose comes out a bit, but it's the green rose scent you get at a flower shop, not the overpowering scent of the flowers.

On me, the apple keeps the rose in check, but it's still there enough to battle my sinuses. I think this is getting passed on to a friend who loves rose scents. i don't think this would bother me on someone else, but it's got enough throw that on me it keeps wafting into my nose.

it'd me lovely if i my nose didn't hate roses.

In the bottle: flowery apples, sweet and pretty.

Initial application: the apples amp even more, becoming tart and juicy. No rose or peach to be found.

Drydown: alas, the apple fades, replaced by a musky, dusty scent, I'm guessing a combination of the skin musk and myrrh. The flowery apple does make its presence known, however, preventing it from going completely dry. Not much throw, but this is one of those "intimate" scents, so that's probably intended. I think this one will grow on me, it's very light and pretty, reminiscent of Harvest Moon '06.

Smiley rating: :P

Wet, this is all peaches and apples. As it dries, it retains some of the fruitiness, but the orange blossom softens it and there is just the slightest touch of smoky skin musk and frankincense.

This is close-to-the-skin blend. Very subtle, very soft, and very warm and sexy.

Before I read the ingredients, Les Bijoux seemed like a very soft, rounded, citrus. OK, I can believe that the fruity smell is apples.

When dry, Bijoux is subtle and fresh with a hint of resin. So glad the roses didn't riot. This smells like skin, only better.

This is a great work-friendly,calm scent. Love it.

Apple! And still apple on my skin, maybe some peach, too. This oil feels kind of cool on my skin and it definitely smells cold. It smells like I would expect an autumnal LE to smell.

In the vial: Honey, warm and golden.

Wet: The fruits amp up initially, giving this the scent of peaches and honey. It's almost a tiny bit too heady for me when wet.

Drydown: The fruits go away, leaving the frankincense and myrrh, softened by the honey.

Spicy and fruity! Peach is the overriding winner in the immediate smell, and it’s a rich, luscious scent, but the spice gives it an appealing warmth. It’s not all peach, either -- there are other fruit scents here that I don’t immediately recognize. I don’t detect anything floral.

As my skin interacts with the scent, it starts taking on a fragrance that reminds me of bathroom air freshener, much to my worry. I don’t think the smell is unpleasant -- it’s quite nice, in fact. I just think I’ve been in a bathroom at some point that smelled like this. Hmm.

The juiciness of the peach is fading, and the spice is picking up a bit. As the scent matures, it eases down into a quiet perfuminess that is a bit of a disappointment -- I liked the initial wave of peach more.

As it quiets, the sense of “bathroom air freshener” is fading. It’s becoming a mellow, quiet peach. I’m not dazzled, but I do appreciate it. I could wear this under almost any circumstances and feel reasonably happy about it.

This is pretty enough, a distillation of apples and roses with a hint of peach, but I get that same commercial air freshener association. The anticipated softness of the honey just doesn't come through as hoped.

Mmm.. wonderful ripe juicy red delicious apples! I'm so glad the honey doesn't screw this up for me like BPAL's honey notes seem to do. Wonderful bright scent. This isn't a sexually seductive fragrance, this is the perfect mate, best friend, you're my better half, wooing scent. Of picnics outdoors and kisses under the stars. Wonderfully sweet and oh so right. The skin musk in this is such an intriguing note. It's such a light musk with a hint of sweetness to it.

It reminds me of incredibly expensive, perfumy perfume, and tickles my nose. Then it goes soapy (the blossom), then a hint of apple?, then soft and sweet but indistinct. I may try it again when I'm not sick at all, since I wish I had the reaction many others had, I was hoping to love this!

This is so pretty, summery and fresh. I can almost hear the bees buzzing. I get mostly orange blossom, rose and a hint of apple, all infused with honey and amped just a bit with skin musk. The honey behaves itself well and doesn't take over like it does for me sometimes. Never get any resins, but that's okay. I love this exactly the way it is. I see myself wearing this a lot come Springtime.

Edited by Inanna9

In the bottle: Fruity-floral with orange blossom in front of everything. I can definitely smell frankincense and myrrh.

Wet on skin: This starts out smelling great on me. A nice balance between fruity and floral with a little bit of musk mixed in.

Dry on skin: :P This goes to almost pure frankincense and myrrh within about 20 minutes on my skin. My skin amps up frankincense, especially.

Verdict: I bought a bottle of this based on the description, and I probably shouldn't have. Wet, it smells amazing. Someone with the right skin chemistry would love it. Sadly, frankincense and myrrh aren't so great on me. Fortunately that bottle has gone to someone else.

Yum yum! This smells like fresh, crisp apples with a hint of other orchard fruits, an even smaller hint of rose, and a dash of flowery musk to me. (It also smells absolutely nothing like ELF on my skin or to my nose--funny how that works!) It's a very clean smell. I'll have to give it a few more tries, but this may be a 5 mL contender. :P

I get mostly the skin-musk, honey, and blood red rose from this. It is a little perfumy if I am not smelling directly at the wrist, but when I do, it's honey and roses......ah.

Need to wear this scent for boyfriend.

imp: strange...

wet: sweet,like honey---then immediately an odd aquatic thing that may give me a headache.

dry: all aquatic. On me, it's just like a commercial perfume I tried and hated many years ago. TOOO aquatic! Ble!

my very first review!

in the bottle: a little sweetness mixed with the floral scent of my gran (<3)

on the skin: when i first applied it, i got a lot of the rose coming through. roses everywhere! mixed with the smell of apple trees. but it's quickly starting to tone down and a sweet, subtle scent is coming out.

few minutes later: very nice! it's rounded out a bit more and reminds me of walking through an apple orchard. there's also the smell of rose lingering there, definitely lighter than before and something sweet i can't identify, maybe the honey? it's very light and not too "whoa lookit me!! i smell awesome!!", which i like.

all in all, i like it! it reminds me a lot of my gran, makes me smile. i'm not sure if i would wear it often, but it is a nice scent.

Edited by lepetitmonstre

Ooh, this is pretty! I get mostly apple, with a touch of rose and peach. Lightly musky, but not overwhelmingly so. Honey isn't amping here like it usually does on me, although it's defihnitely in there. Not getting much of the orange, frankincense, or myrrh at all.

at first: lots of honey with bright orange blossom and red apple.

on: mostly apple.

1.5 hours later: very sharp and soapy (thanks a lot, orange blossom.), with a hint of sweet apple. not good.

2.5 hours later: still sharp, but with a bit of sweetness from the honey.

4.5 hours later: soapy orange blossom and a little sweetness.

overall: i hate orange blossom.

In the bottle: Hmm, I don’t know but something sweet (but not overly so) and floral (again not overly so). Promising.

Wet: I think I smell honey, but nothing else is specific enough – it’s all melded together like soft music.

Drying: No! Don’t go away… I was just getting to know you… If I sniff hard I detect some honey musk and a hint of the rose, which is crimson and velvety.

Dry: Oh my, yes… a perfect balance between rose, honey and sweet, white fruit (the apple and peach together just seem crisp and juicy but I can’t separate them). The musk only deepens it and doesn’t overwhelm at all. Beautiful.