Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
atomic*orange

Les Bijoux

Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.

I received an imp of this from Dralore as part of a Pay-It-Forward pack of imps. :wub2:

In the imp, this smelled like apple and a touch of florals. On my skin though, this smells like a delicious, ripe, juicy fruit. The peach and apple are definitely the stars; I also got a bit of a citrus-y floral freshness which might have been from the orange blossom and/or rose? Overall, on me this was almost all fruit and some honey sweetness. As it dries, I got more honey and rose with some musk. I can't find the frankincense or myrrh in here to save my life, but I really don't mind. This smells deliciously fruity without being overwhelmingly sweet. Really, I practically wanted to take a bite out of my arm while testing this!

In the Imp: Rose-heavy spicy floral with a fruity twist

Wet: Juicy peach and an old-fashioned rose note that goes soapy on me for a few minutes, then get over itself.

Dry: The fruit fades to the background(typical for me), and I'm left with a sophisticated incensy floral, with something faintly apple-y underneath.

Might need another imp before I commit to a 5ml, but I'm really enjoying this.

This is pretty- maybe a little too pretty for my tastes. I expected this to be more fruity, actually, but it's a little too perfumy for that.

This gave me a headache when I reapplied it at lunch. It was an unassuming scent in the morning but then kicked me in the head. I think it was the double up that brought out the rose. I really just have trouble with rose. I washed it off and I have to say... now it smells faded and nice. I don't think I want to apply it, wash it off, and then enjoy it. Off to swaps!

This frimp was a big hit - thank you, labbies!

In the imp: Clear, bright orange oil. I smell rose and orange blossom, with a touch of apple. The orange blossom is the authentic flower scent that I love, without any taint of the orange fruit. Ooh, this is heavenly!

On me, wet: Now I can smell the honey especially, and the peach, with just a bit of spiciness that probably comes from the frankincense. Alas, the orange blossom note vanishes almost instantly.

On me, just dried: The honey and peach are still strongest, but I can also detect hints of most of the other notes that are in this blend. No particular note really stands out - if I didn't know what was in it, I don't think I could identify any of them. It's a beautiful and complex blend of all the notes that creates a unique, warm, fragrance that is just itself.

After 30 minutes: Now this is almost all honey, with just the faintest hint of florals and maybe some myrrh.

After 3 hours: The fragrance has faded and softened, but still has a definite presence on my skin. Now it is mostly sweet musk, with a slight whiff of honey.

Verdict: This blend is one of my favorites! It's going on my wishlist for a bottle. For those who don't care for rose, it is a very minor supporting playing in this fragrance and barely makes an appearance. I never noticed the frankincense at all. Perhaps it was part of the bottom note that I labeled as sweet musk.

Wearing this in a scent locket would preserve the wonderful top note of orange blossom (and perhaps a little of the rose.) But I wouldn't want to miss out on the middle and bottom notes, so I'd put some on my skin as well.

My rating: 5 stars

In bottle: really pretty. The fruits and incense give the florals an unusual amount of body and maturity. The musk and honey lend a touch of sexy decadence. Very well balanced, with the rose and apple slightly more dominant, and the myrrh, honey, and musk slightly less. If my skin didn’t turn rose into a nightmare, I’d love this. I think the

I bet this is gorgeous on some but for me, honey = no can do. Honey and rose are the predominant scents in this one and the combination is making me slightly nauseous.

Must. Wash. Off.

ETA: This smells wonderful when burned in my diffuser, however.

Edited by OctoberGwen

Thoughts before testing: I love each of these notes, and am really hoping for a win from this blend. The last 6 oils I've tried have been complete and utter FAIL on my skin, so here's hoping!

Wet: All I get at this stage is clean, fresh florals. It's quite pretty, but not terribly distinctive or unique.

Dry down: The honey and incenses are starting to deepen the scent, and it goes from a nothing special floral perfume to a distinctive, deep floral. I'm really liking this, actually.

Dry: Alas! Within an hour, Les Bijoux is gone from my skin. Not even a hint remains. Damn.

Final thoughts: I really loved the dry down stage, the meh wet stage and the fact that the scent is gone rather quickly leave me wanting more.

Verdict: This one will most likely go off to the swaps/sales/gift box.

At first this was all chemically, soap smell that I sometimes find with some BPAL. The drydown became quite a nice blend of the mryhh and blossoms. Very fruity and floral. It's definitely a feminine scent. I would love smelling it on someone else, not sure it it's something I'd wear a lot though.

In the imp: Pretty! If this scent was a color, it'd be golden. It's all warm, honeyed fruit and florals.

Wet: Just lovely. Apple, peach and honey with a background of florals.

Dry: Fading quickly and sitting close to the skin, but still nice. I'm also getting more honey and a bit of the musk as the fruits fade.

Overall: Not a "WHOA I love this!!" find, but still a warm, pretty little scent. I don't know if I'll get a bottle, but I'll definitely keep the imp for use in the spring/summer. So glad a generous seller frimped me this! :heart:

Musky floral fruit. If that is something that appeals to you, get this, because it's a very well-blended example of that type of scent. Unfortunately for me, it's just too musky and a little cloying.

I: Skin musk with honey and apples. Very pretty and clean smelling.

Wet: Frankincense and myrrh with white, almost floral, fruity notes. Lovely.

Dry: Powdery honey and incense mixed with sweet fruit. It was lovely, but wore off almost completely within an hour :(

Imp: Sweet, fruity, spicy floral. Yum! I get peach and apple and orange blossom and musk and just a hint of rose; it's light and springy and clean and sexy and... just a tiny bit cinnamon-y? Maybe the resins?

Wet: Oh yum. Big burst of pale delicate peach and apple and gorgeous cool florals, with a hint of clean skin musk and blossoms. This is definitely a spring scent!

Dry: This, sadly, fades quickly down to a sweet fruit-and-floral, very close to the skin. I wish it had more throw, because it's gorgeous! I'll definitely use my imp for springtime.

In the bottle, it's sweet, sickly and powdery. Upon application, the peach was particularly strong, but not quite the peach blossom that I hoped for. The rose came out afterwards. It stayed well though, flowery without being too over the top. Still way to sweet for my liking.

EDIT: Two hours after application, it becomes something else altogether. Still sweet, but now alive rather than sickly. I like it a lot more now.

Edited by Aromantism

Mmm this has a lot of promise in the vial. It's sweet, dewy fruit softened by skin musk. I'm picking up the rose and honey too, but they're being shy. As soon as it gets on my skin though, there goes the fruit, off to the hills. I'm getting a top note of rose. The skin musk is the same lovely, heady stuff in Tamamo-no-Mae which my skin loves. I'm not too crazy about rose as a top note, but at least it's a soft, well-behaved rose.

Oomph, this one's a morpher. Twenty minutes later the rose fades away and in comes frankincense and myrrh ...and then it turns into a game of hide-and-seek. The rose can't decide whether it wants to stick around! I kind of wish it wouldn't hur hur. I'm getting a very slightly sour, slightly green note too.

It settles very much into a skin scent on me. Skin musk. Skin scent. No surprises there. Les Bijoux develops into a soft, pretty, impeccably blended fruity floral. It's a little more perfume-y than what I'd normally go for, but perfect for spring. (◡‿◡✿)

Edit: Tried it again and ooo, this is gorgeous. Less floral and more of that honeyed apple-musk I was craving. Might be a bottle contender if it stays this way on me!

Edited by tealight

In the imp: Smells like a traditional powdery floral. Umm, not too sure about this one as I'm not one for "powdery" scents.

On skin: Wow, this opens up to a lovely green and juicy floral. The initial "powderiness" dissipates to a lovely lightly sweet musk. The orange blossom comes thru and is just divine!

I wasn't too sure about this one at first, as I'm one for more fruity/foody scents than the traditional dry or powdery floral. But this is just great! I think this is nice and sweet, but not cloying. It's fruity, but without being obvious and it's floral without the "old lady" vibe I associate with many florals. I'd give this a 5/5 rating. :wub2:

This has got to be the weirdest behaving fragrance I have encountered yet. :eek:

in the imp, I picked up a slightly fruity floral blend with a faint spicy note.

On my skin, absolutely nothing. No seriously I slathered this wrists elbows and eventually cleavage and I can jam my nose right up against my wrist are elbow and I picked up maybe a faint light fruit note an a little spice.

I don't know if I just simply can't smell this on myself or for some reason it does not hold on my skin, or if my dry skin just completely soaked it up.

Finally dumped the rest of the imp into my cleavage. (not a lot of room there for it to evaporate) now if tilt my head down slightly I can get a good idea of what the smells like. I don't know if it's because its in an enclosed area, but I can smell it.

Normally I'm not a big fan of fruity or food scents but I like this really well. Peach does well on my skin and the apple is not turning to a potpourri apple but remaining more of a fresh fruit scent. The rose is not amping on my skin as it normally does that blending nicely with the orange blossom. The honey is giving a nice faint sweetness and the musk incense notes blend into give a mild spiciness.

The real question is if I were to go out somewhere other people were would those around me be able to smell this? Is it actually vanishing off my skin or can I just not personally smell it on myself? Unfortunately I used up the entire imp in my slather fest trying to get a bead on this. I don't know if I have another imp of this are not if I do I will have to hold off and try it out when I'm out and about in public. If what I'm picking up from my cleavage is actually on my skin and broadcasting I like this really well it's one of the few fruity scents that works great on me and I would most likely buy a bottle but if my skin just soak set up or if it just vanishes from everywhere but my cleavage there would not be much point. Next time I may try brushing some through my hair and that might make the scent retained better than if it does on my skin.

Anyone else had a perfume that they have tried and they could not smell it on himself at all but other people could tell that they were wearing it?

Makes me wonder if I've really over applied and I would knock someone over with this or if it is actually as light as it seems to me. I'm really hoping that other people will be able to smell it and I will be able to wear it because it's very nice especially with summer coming up.

First applied, Les Bijoux is a sweet, fruity rose. For just a second, I also think I get pine. But this disappears quickly, and I don’t know what it could’ve been (either frankincense or myrrh?).

On my paper test, I’m able to smell apple, peach, and orange blossom. It’s only barely rosy, and the musk and honey remind me almost of amber—a light backdrop for the other notes. My overall impression of this is fresh and warm, gently sweetened.

On my skin, however, Les Bijoux turns to a musky rose with honeyed peach. After the fruits fade away, I’m left with a kind of dirty smell.

This transitional phase is very short, and I think what I’m noticing now is just incense (frankincense and myrrh?). As it continues to warm on my skin, the honey becomes more dominant, resulting in an incense-honey musk that sits close to the body.

So on paper, I think Les Bijoux is pretty and sophisticated. It never smells like an overly sweet teenage fragrance to me. With time, I might even say the scent develops a sort of incense spice (even on paper) but this effect takes about 5 or 6 hours, where on my skin it happens within 30-45 minutes.

Unfortunately, I don’t care to smell like either incense or honey in the enduring drydown. But I think I might try it in my hair because I like it otherwise. : )

Edited by Pumpkinn

Smells like peach and apple slices garnished with rose petals, drizzled with honey, then warmed in the sun. The honey is not like sniffing a jar of it, but you know when you drizzle some on a piece of hot toast and the sugared floral smell wafts up? Kinda like that. The resins are barely noticeable, but gives an airy-ness that Mage from RPG series also has. The skin musk is a fantastic addition IMO. It makes the perfume more like my aura rather it being a cloud of fragrance. I find this blend is best worn as soon as I step out of the shower, for some reason Les Bijoux makes me feel cleaner.

Utterly in love :wub2: a 5ml is on the way.

In the imp: Mostly skin musk and honey. I can smell a bit of the orange blossom, peach, apple, and myrrh lingering in the background.

Wet: Very strong on the skin musk and honey. I am also getting the red apple, peach, and orange blossom. The rose is present, but it isn't a main player on my skin. The same goes for the myrrh. Although I am familiar with frankincense, I can't pick it out here.

Dry: The skin musk and honey still reign, followed by the peach and apple. I also get a bit of soft myrrh. I prefer the scent in this phase.

Verdict: This one is nice. I don't need a bottle of it, but I will keep my imp and give it a full day test some time in the future. I think this scent would be good during the warmer months.

Edited by dementia_divine

Very pretty! Super creamy floral fruit. Not overly sweet or floral, the musk subdues both. Compared to Roses, Pearls, and Diamonds which has very similar vibe, this is more subdued, a little more mature and sophisticated, but still very sweet and girlish. Love it!

In the imp: Peach juice and honey, maybe some flowers.

Wet on my skin: Juicy peach, musky honey, and a bit of apple.

Dry: This is mostly musky honey and fruits on me, with the musk reining the honey in so it doesn't go sharp or sour like it sometimes does on me. This is surprisingly pretty, especially with the frankincense and myrrh giving it a slightly warm, incensed feel so it's mature and sophisticated rather than girly and sweet. I never do get much rose, just the barest hint, and the orange blossom is just as faint. It's a soft peachy-mauve scent, feminine without being too youthful. Not quite my style of scent, but I'll keep it for occasions when I'm in the mood for juicy summer fruits.

I guess I'm not the clever notes-detector you'd think I'd be after all these years - I pretty much just get honey from this one.

Not a winner for me. This mostly smells like incense, with a sharp note in it. It's very dry, and I do get a perfumey hint from the florals. Not something I'd wear.

Orange blossom could go really wrong, but all the other notes are win, so I'm trying it!

Wet: Blarg! Bitter orange-blossom-wet-cardboard-of-doom! Hopefully that settles.

Dry: Very faint light honey, which has gone a little dusty. It's off because that's not really something honey usually does on me. Glad I tried it, but not for me.