Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
atomic*orange

Les Bijoux

Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.

Wet, it's sweet and light with a tart undertone. The drydown is muskier with the rose and orange blossom coming to the fore for a bit. After a few hours it's incensey in that "generic bpal" way, but rather lovely and languid.

and I'm quite enjoying huffing my wrists at the moment, yus. :P

In the bottle: Sharp, floral, lightly sweet. Orange blossom is the only thing I can pinpoint.

Wet: Very light, fresh - not sweet on me at all. Almost masculine, cologney. Still a bit sharp, and a bit green. Orange blossom, maybe a hint of white peach if I strain.

Dry: The white peach has emerged further, as have the honey, apple and skin musk, sweetening and deepening the blend. The orange blossom remains the dominant note, keeping this a delicate scent. No rose or incense/resin notes.

Summary: After a couple hours, this is light honey, skin musk, and white peach. It's a soft, mildly sweet and delicately feminine blend. Honey and musk dominate. Eminently kissable! Moderate throw and lasting power.

I'm very surprised the evil myrrh and frankincense didn't show up! This might be bottleworthy.

Bottle: Sort of watery and light. I get a general sweet scent and I'm a bit worried that the honey will not agree with me.

Wet: It's wavering. This is definitely going to be a certain-times-of-the-month scent. The honey goes a bit sour but the skin musk is developing, and it definitely warms and sweetens the scent. The rest of the scents are sort of intertwined amongst themselves.

Dry: This is sexy. Skin musk is so amazing. It smells so natural and attractive and is really... seductive, actually. I'm alone in the house and have no one to test it out on, but this definitely lives up to the formerly "Love Potions" title. It's a soft skin quality with warm honey and the peach and apple are making the frankincense and myrrh behave themselves. Amazing.

Throw: Quite a lot, actually. I've had it on for about half an hour and I can smell it wafting up to my nose as I type.

Overall: Sexy. I picked this up because I liked the name and it sounded sort of light and close to the skin for summer. I might feel really inappropriate wearing this to work because it just SCREAMS "Take me."

This is nice in the imp-musky with light whiffs of sweet fruit-I definitely get the peach and the apple. I'm just afraid the frankincense and myrrh will overtake it on my skin.

Ok, the myrhh and frankincense definitely come out more on my skin, but in a GOOD way! They actually deepen this blend from just being a light fruity scent. This is very sexy! I like it!

Yep, this was a definite win on me. It faded a bit fast, but it was a perfect sexy smoky musky fruity floral (say that 5 times fast! :P ) This gets added to the bottle list!

Edited by Suu4LC

It smells like sophisticated candy, with a hint of musk behind it. Fruit candy rubbed on skin is the best way for me to describe it. Sweet but not sickly so, fruity but muted by the musk. So delicious, it makes me feel sexy. :P

Ripe, rich honeyed apples. An incensey-ness in the background. This is very sweet and light. I don't smell rose from it but the other notes are gorgeous without it. I think this is the best apple-y BPAL I've tried so far.

In the vial: Sweet, fruity, especially apple and peach.

Wet: Much darker than in the vial, I get more of a warm bitterness off it. I can still make out the peach, but it's hidden behind the resins. There's sweet in there too, but there's rose above it.

Twenty minutes: Definitely fruity, peach-apple honey. Then there's a lot of sharper, more resinous sense. The rose is reading as very sharp indeed.

Two and a half yours: Very sweet, but with sharp apple atop a bitter undertone. A near miss for me.

Five hours: Still very sweet, but the sharpness is gone. The bitterness is softened. I like this phase, but it has to go through too many hours of sharp to get here.

Apple almost never works on me.

Oh my. I'm *sniff sniff* really enjoying this one. *sniff sniff*

It's a light fragrance on me, and it has that elusive magical quality of seeming to belong on me, like it's coming out of my pores.

In the vial: light, maybe ever so slightly sweet, like very attractive clean skin (but not a more-aggressive "clean" smell like, say, Dirty -- this is clean skin, not clean linen). Wet on the skin, the frankincense blooms a little but not loudly, there's a whisper of peach, and the honey peeks out before the red apple arrives on the scene and dominates (as much as anything can "dominate" this quiet, well-behaved bunch) for about 15 minutes. It's a very natural apple, reminding me of Red Delicious peel, appetizing but not real foody somehow.

As drydown continues the apple retreats again and warm honey and resins take the center stage. They're very soft resins, and I think it's the "skin musk" that helps them seem so natural and low-key.

This is an ultrasheer veil of a scent, a low-key scent that hardly registers but makes you want to nuzzle your way around in case there might be more. It's almost too low-key for me, but I'm willing to slather for this one. I think mixing with perfumer's alcohol will bring it out of its shell a little. (And doesn't alcohol do that for most of us shy people?)

ETA: boy howdy, mixed with perfumer's alcohol and sprayed this low-key girl sure does leave her inhibitions behind. She leads with sweet, light white peach and just the slightest whisper of apple and rose and I finally understand what people mean when they describe Les bijoux as a "sweet and fruity scent". Dries down with more of the frank & myrrh, still a sexy clean-skin nuzzle-me scent, just with a wee bit more advertising budget.

Edited by odalisque

Imp: Very light…slightly sweet, but there’s something sharp and a bit bitter hitting my nose.

Wet: Very bitter and green, like cut stems, with a little bit of orange.

Dry: Luckly the bitter-super-green-stem scent (which I wasn’t a fan of) backs off. It gently morphs into a fruity floral. I can smell the peach and apples, sweetened by honey, and the rose/blossoms. That said, the florals are actually pretty understated here. That’s a big surprise on me, since I turn a lot of florals, roses especially, into soap. If I didn’t’ know better I’d guess there was some fig in this, too. Its ends in a sweet fruit with floral support.

Overall: This was pretty, but non-distinct to me. Fruity floral in the vein of hanging gardens and the rest of that family. Nice, but not my sort of scent, so I’ll be passing it on.

In the imp: Red apple and soil. Very sweet and fruity and earthy. No honey and roses (my favorite notes). I'm sad now now. :P I was expecting to love it!

Wet: Very, very sweet. All sweet apple, maybe some peach and a bit of rose. It didn't take me long to learn that I don't like apple (from Eve). The earthiness isn't there at all. This is a huge change from the imp. I think I smell the skin musk as well, although I don't know what that's supposed to smell like. I smell something that I can't recognize, so I assume this is it.

Dry: The apple and peach are completely gone. The earthiness is gone. The roses are there in the background, and there is barely any honey. This is strange because not only are these my two favorite notes, they amp on my skin in a good way, and last a long time. They are very delicate and gentle here. All I really smell is sweet musk.

Overall: I don't know about this. It changed all day on me. I can't really say I like it or hate it. I guess I just don't care about it. It's nothing special. I was expecting to love it, adoring honey and rose, but I haven't really found myself smelling my wrists. And it doesn't smell bad, it just doesn't stand out from any of the other scents I've tried. And it didn't really last that long. There is still a lingering sweetness (sweet musk), but it's nothing I care for.

imp: orange blossom and frankincense with a dollop of honey. there is a general fruitiness to this scent but i can't tell if it's more peachy or appley.

wet: the rose is just determined to ruin this scent on me. if not for the rose, i would be buying a bottle of this scent with my next order. however, for the rose-lovees, this is all honeyed roses and peaches on my skin. if i didn't turn rose all soapy, i would be swooning.

dry: once dry, this is very similar to cupid complaining to venus, it's all honeyed apples... just a bit less strong.

Surprisingly good. This one's growing on me. It's better after it tones down and melds with my skin. The best description I can come up with is full, round, and fruity.

On me this went sweet rose. The apple and peach were very strong when wet, but dried to nearly undetectable amounts. The rose came out with a vengeance and the honey sweetened it up. I could barely smell the musk underneath. I had my mother sniff my wrist where I had applied this and she actually said "It smells like dead things." I think I will be swapping this.

Edited by crebbsgirl

In the vial: Peach and juicy apple. I get a slight hint of men's cologne, but I think that may be the frankincense and myrrh, as it is a resiny spice smell.

Wet: I'm getting an unexpected masculine tone from this, and I really like it. I smell a little rose, I think, though it's musky and warm rather than light and cold as lots of rose scents turn on me. The resiny undertones toughen up an otherwise pretty scent.

Drydown: The whole scent seems to round off a little, the masculine aspect tones down and really evens out.

At first I was apprehensive about this scent, as it reminded me of my Grandma- who is known in my family for wearing too much scent. However, I have come to realise that my Grandma has great taste. This is really sophisticated and classy.

On me, this is nothing but a light floral; none of the non-floral notes come out with any emphasis whatsoever. At least it didn't scream ROSE at me. But while inoffensive, it's not at all me. Swap pile ahoy.

At first this starts out smelling like fruity candy with a hint of of something dark in the background. As it dries though it's mostly honeyed apple (yay! no peach!) with incense. It goes through a brief phase where it smells like Poisoned Apple, though a bit sweeter and lighter. And I'm getting no rose from this.

I think I really like this. I can see wearing it a lot suring the summer and fall, so I think I might have to get a bottle at some point. :)

ETA: Having dh smell it, he said he did detect some peach and a little rose at first. hmm.

Edited by Femme_Fatale

In the imp, very fruity. When I put it on, it goes through a series of changes very quickly: straight-up mint to fresh green grass to a sort of apple-y scent to a generic sweetness. Sometime in the next hour, there is a more gradual transition to a darker (even a bit stinky) note that must be the skin musk. That seems to be where it’s settled.

Verdict: In some ways, this is maybe the most interesting BPAL I’ve ever tried. It’s more than just a scent; it almost tells a story, the way it progresses from clean and fresh through appley temptation to the almost sexual scent of the musk. Unfortunately, I’m looking for a scent and not a story — and I don’t particularly care for the musky note anyway. I don’t think this is a keeper for me.

In Imp: Fruity and tart peach, a touch of orange and a deep and dark undertone that must be the frankincense.

On Skin: Sparkly! That's the first word that came to mind when I put this on. It's a tart but elegant and sparkly peach that hides something a little dark in the background. The orange gives it a little zip but I seem to be missing out on the apple scent. Something about this scent just screams extravagant which makes it really true to its name.

Dry: I got very little morphing with this one, it stays peachy with orange and lasts around five hours on me, which is really good for a scent that I like. I don't appear to be getting any apple in this, which is a bit of a shame because I can only imagine how much more pretty this could be. Not complaining though, this is already lovely. Les Bijoux is glorious and beautiful, I love it.

Edited by Beevee

In the imp: Yummy, delicious crisp red apples.

On, wet: The other notes come out a little bit more, although the apples are still obvious. I get a little more peach and something deeper underneath that tempers the sweetness of the fruits.

On, dry: When it dries, I get more of the rose than I would like, along with a bit more of the spicy notes. I think I might try this in my clocket because the fruity scent in the imp and wet on skin was very lovely, but I don't like it so much when it's dry.

In vial: a very juicy blend with apple in the foreground. Pretty!

Wet on skin: apple, honey and myrrh ... peach and incense ... and yes, skin musk. Mostly apple and peach, I think, over a creamy background of myrrh and frankincense.

Dry on skin: pretty, with all the listed notes evident, even though rose is mercifully faint.

Wet: Sparkling fruit and light musk (The fruit never results in smelling like a lollipop or otherwise fake.). I definitely get the white peach and red apple, as well as what I think must be the skin musk? Sort of a full-bodied, oddly sexy just out of the shower smell. The musk is strongest.

Dry: Similar, but the fruit tones down. I get the honey and rose when I sniff for it as well.

Wear Time: All day.

Fits Description?: Sure?

Overall: I never would have thought I would like this one, but I really enjoy it. Fruit without sickly sweetness, and enough oomph from the musk to keep it slightly earthy. Another potential favorite.

Bottle: Fruity florals

Wet: Fruity florals with something herbal and minty. The florals are not overpowering. They are blended well and I can't pick out the rose or the orange blossom.

Drydown: Fruit punch with florals in the background. It's not a sweet cloying fruit punch. It's a fresh fruit spritzer with a hint of sweetness. A couple of hours later, it's all yellow peaches and honey (like in Mead Moon). :wub2:

Overall: This is lovely. This is not a young sweet foody scent. It's golden and sparkling.

Tried this from an imp, upon smelling the imp I wasn't too sure I would like it because it smelled pretty floral... but omigosh on the skin the honey and the rose comes out and its a delightfully sexy blend!

Not a heavy sexy blend, but a light playful one.

I amp rose and honey and thats what I'm getting mostly, with a touch of musk.

Need bottle!

Les Bijoux

Honey flowers! I'm quite surprised to read the listed notes because all get is honey and honey-scented flowers. Now that I know apple is listed, I think I can smell it far below the honey, but it might just be the power of suggestion. This is terribly sexy and has amazing throw.