Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Tanin'iver

Lilith’s monstrous dragon steed: dragon’s blood resin, patchouli, pomegranate, myrrh, mimosa, cassia, blood musk and smoke.

In the imp, wet on skin, and dry, it smells the same to me: dragon's blood incense and cinnamon, big time. I need to go ahead and admit defeat and add cassia to the list of notes that simply do not work on my skin. It goes all astringent and "sharp" on me, not good at all. I'm going to try layering it with some vanilla, but I think it's a no-go for me.

Edit: I've discovered that it's not the cassia that ruins this for me, it's dragon's blood, which sometimes works wonderfully and sometimes turns into floral yuck on me, depending on my cycle. Some days, this oil smells deliciously fruity and smoky, but if I'm not careful about when I wear it, it's stank floral incense. Edited by ElinaMakropulos

for some reason i wasn't sure about this scent when i first applied it. then as the day wpre on it grew on me. so much so that i decided it was a bottle purchase. i love the dragon's blood resin and patchouli together, then i get the slight pomegranate scent and the mrryh and musk balance everything out. the cassis peeks out very slightly.

what the hell? all these notes are awesome! what happened?

I HATE dragon's blood. when am I going to learn? it smells like rot and vomit. and BANANA.

this is making me absolutely nauseous

Perhaps my body chemistry is off these past couple of days, because everything I have tried lately makes me want to be sick.

I don't really like the dragon blends. This smells mainly like patchouli to me, a bit of smoke, and myrrh.

Very slightly reminds me of Lust, I guess it is the myrrh and patchouli. Strange. I love Lust, this leaves me feeling urpy.

Edited by Megank4

This is a lovely, deep, spicy blend. It's a great balance of cassia and incense. I love it, it IS complex. But...it does smell a little like Big Red gum! :P When are we getting Juicy Fruit and Doublemint?

This goes all Sweet Cinnamon Dragons Blood on me - I amp cinnamon and try to stay away from it - and even though this is a nice twist on cinnamon, I don't think it's for me though I do love the sweetness of this scent!!!

Sniffed in imp: Sweetness, cinnamon, and maybe something else kind of spicy? Hint of incense and clean floral too.

Too sweet/incense-y for my tastes.

Sometimes I go into those stores that sell statues of fairy tale creatures as well as incences. This embodies those stores perfectly! Its all I can think about whenever I get a whiff of it off myself. Its not a bad memory but it is kind of weird having random flashes of statues in your head throught the day. I dont think its bottle worthy for me yet but it is growing on me but sometimes it makes me nausious if its to strong.

In the imp: Spicy, cinnamony, and a hint of musk.

Wet: Dragon blood resin, cassia, and a very subtle hint of pomegrante.

Dry: Spicy and smoky with a deep note of musk and myrrh.

Overall: Too smoky and musky for me.

I smell like decadent cinnamon and sweet dragon's blood. This stuff is teh yummy! I definitley want a bottle after smelling it wafting sweetly off my body all day. It's foody and delicous. I get whiffs of red musk as it dries, but no smoke. It's keeping me warm and snug on this cold rainy day. Great throw and staying power as well. This is a very "red" scent to me. It's making me crave a cinnamon roll! :P :D

Edited by Hava

I'm looking over the list of scents and wondering where they all were? For me, this is mostly cinnamon with maybe a little spice in the background. It lasts all day long, as most of the ars draconis scents do on me, but, the only note that is identifiable to me is cinnamon. Even the dragons' blood never shows up.

I may try it in a locket to see what the rest of the scent is that never shows up on my skin, but, I still love the scent. I love cinnamon, and this one lasts longer than any other cinnamon scent that i have tried wearing so far.

Frimp. In the bottle, this is a dusty fruit, and smells intriguing. On skin it soured hideously and then IMMEDIATELY turned to cinnamon. Within a very short time, it became Red Hots, and then became a deeper more evolved scent, like Red Hots for adults. A Play-Do paste scent showed up, and it became a papery, pasty cinnamon-y fruit.

Disappointing, considering the ingredients :P but at least I wasn't the only person to say CINNAMON! Trade Bag.

a warming, spicy potpourri blend. the dragon’s blood and cinnamony cassia are the strongest notes, backed by dirty patchouli and smoke. i’m not sure if i’ve smelled blood musk before, but how could it be bad? i’m sure it contributes to the heat of this blend. i’m not smelling anything fruity, no pomegranate or mimosa. just lots of spice and a bit of smoke. it’s not overwhelmingly smoky like, say, brimstone. and cassia seems mellower than pure cinnamon, which can sometimes make my eyes water. an enjoyable autumn scent.

Impwise, I smell you Cassia, yes I do. The spicy family is no good to my nose/skin, but I lurrrve Dragon's Blood for certain occasions. Worth a try.

On my skin the Cinnamon goes *boom*, as though Jokey Smurf gave me a "present" full of red hots. A friend of Djinn, are we Tanin'iver? This one's smoky and bright red, and slightly floral on me - the Mimosa maybe.

The drydown gets less and less Cinnamony, becoming a nondescript sorta spicy on me. Short throw, average wearlength (weirdly, right now my skin's drinking e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g I put on, so "average" means 2 hours or so).

D: Oh god. I forgot this had pomegranate in it (I'm testing all the imps I've had for ages finally) and DDDD: as much as I love the actual fruit, pomegranate in perfume smells like.. plasticky nasty on me :P I smell like.. really gross chapstick or something. Maybe it'll dry nice? But... wah D:

Edited by sideviewhotel

In the vial: Sweet fruit patchouli, with an aftertaste of something very ethereal.

Wet: Floral, rapidly overtaken by cinnamon. Then the floral fights back. Substrate of patchouli.

Half an hour: First a breath of fruit, overwhelmed by cinnamon. Then resin and floral. This needs more time to settle out, I think.

One hour: Cinnamon resin with a bit of fruit, floral, and musk. Can't make out the patchouli, pomegranate, or smoke at all.

Two hours: Finally this has blended. It's still resin, cinnamon, floral, and musk, but the balance has worked itself out. It's pleasant.

Three hours: I like this very much now. Partly, I think, it's because the fruit and patchouli are a little more noticeable now. But resin is still the strongest element, with the cinnamon second.

Four hours: Past its peak. Keeper, at least for now.

Tanin'iver

This is the first of my Dragon's Blood explorations.

Wow -- sweet, spicy, intense. If this is a dragon it takes courage to ride it. I think the sweet is partially from the pomegranate, partially from the DB. There's just a breath of patchouli (which is good -- I dislike strong patch), and a touch of something bitter (wild guess: maybe the blood musk?).

This is just too much for me. And, oh no!, there's a skin reaction coming up after a couple hours. Noticeably reddened and way itchy -- lasted thru the next day, too. Tanin'iver will not be ridden by me...

In imp: Fruity, musky and smoky all at the same time. There’s an underlying scent of cherries.

Wet on skin: Smoke and fruit! And some hints of incense starting to rear their heads. The resin is coming out as well, making sure that this is a draconic blend. The musk is coming out, and something in this blend has the same spicy tang I found in Wrath.

Drydown: Eep. My skin’s a bit red and itchy from something in this blend, but I like how it smells! The fruitiness has flown away, leaving smoke and musk intermingled with incense and resin. Very powerful, and surprisingly androgenus. I smell cinnamon, but it’s not among the notes.

Overall: I’m sad at my skin’s reaction, but I may use it in my hair or on clothing. I love the heaviness of the notes and how nicely they mingle. Whatever blood musk is, it’s sexy as hell.

To sum it up: Spicy, rich, warm, and slightly sweet, with a touch of sensual smokiness.

I can smell the cassia and pomegranate faintly, but all the notes blend very well. My husband REALLY loves this one on me!

Edited by MaidMirawyn

Ummm... why do I get licorice out of this? I didn't even notice it till the second time I tried this one, but I'm afraid the tiny whiff of Kabuki I caught while wearing this has sent this one to the swaps pile. The tiny hint of anise in it probably wouldn't have bothered me if it weren't for Kabuki. I love black licorice. But I think it's going to be a very long time before I can eat it again after wearing Kabuki.

I never thought I would dislike a DB scent... they are all so lovely! Alas, if it weren't for the anise that no one else seems to have noticed, I would have loved this one.

In the imp, this is a deep incense- it smells GORGEOUS.

Wet, I can smell cinnamon but the incense is still strong.

Dry, this is pure heaven. The incense mellows into a sultry and sexy scent. The cinnamon is still present but it is WAAAAY in the background.

I love this.

I've had this on my wishlist for a while because the notes seemed like something I would reeeeally like - patchouli and pomegranate? Should be made of WIN on my skin!

Alas, on my skin the cassia has stampeded all over everything else, almost obscuring even the dragon's blood (which is a pretty loud note in its own right), and it turns to overly sweet cinnamon incense.

This makes me sad, as it confirms that I need to avoid cinnamon and cassia.

I think I would probably think this was really sexy if I were a dragon.

It's got this...well...dragon-y smell. The weird musk note, the rather abrasive smoke and cassia, and the sweet resins all combine to make it kind of like what I might imagine a dragon's skin to smell like. Harsh, warm, smoky, but with the musky sweet complexity that skin scents often have. And then there are the fruity-flowery-spicy scents over the top of that, which make it smell like the dragon's wearing perfume. I think it smells exactly like what it's supposed to on me, and I'm completely unsure what I think of it. I'll hang onto it for a while and see if I ever wear it.

On Kalirren, unfortunately, it just smelled like icky plastic.

I had such high hopes for this one. Sadly, it turns into generic floral perfume on me. No wonderful smoke, cassia, myrrh, patchouli. :P I think it's the dragon's blood that ruins it for me.