Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
aidenraine

Healing

Use in rituals to help speed recovery from injury and illness and to maintain, celebrate and give thanks for good health.

I am really surprised to see that this hasn't been reviewed yet, as I have read some folks' incredibly positive experiences with this oil in other areas of the forum.

I am using this to aid in my recovery from "injury", I guess I could say. Despite applying and reapplying sunblock this past weekend I got a horrid sunburn on my shoulders and back (I don't think it was as waterproof as it claimed.) I am the queen of aloe right now.

So it's a little thing in the grand scheme of things, but I haven't slept decently since getting the sunburn, and I'd love to speed its healing along. I'd also like to minimize lasting damage. Generally, I am obsessive about skincare, and the awful red blotchy texture that much of my body is right now worries me.

So, I annointed (gently) the part of my sunburn I could reach, and immediately smelled something like citronella, followed by cinnamon.

I am meditating on healing my body (which is rough because I can hardly sit still for the unholy itch right now), and banishing my fatigue from lack of sleep. I am annointing a white candle just a bit, as I think this helps on my body more.

I am visualizing the redness lifting off my body and floating away like red smoke. My skin is left pale and strong, as it was before. There is no pain left. I am visualizing the aloe sinking into my skin as well and the skin rebuilding.

Send me cooling and itch-free thoughts :P

Healing

The scent: citronella/lemon verbena with a clear, medicinal (how apt!) undertone.

The intent: wow. I used this oil to heal something minor, and it gives me a major effect. I first tried it to see if it would treat period pains. I rubbed the oil on my tummy where I have cramps, with intent, hoping that the pain would leave me, and it seemed to work, the cramp started to recede. The area where I rubbed the oil also felt very warm afterwards, which was interesting, and also soothing. And then the warmth just started increasing, and soon after I felt the most amazing sensation-I can't quite describe it but it was almost like being surrounded by comforting, reassuring, healing energy all over. In fact, it was a very, very loving feeling…I've had this feeling before and I have my own ideas about where it comes from which are quite personal to me, but I did feel it with this oil. And there was still that incredible warmth where I had applied the oil. It was almost like a 'deep heat muscle rub', or a hot water bottle…really soothing, very positive. I'm so impressed by this oil. It heals, but it doesn't just heal the specific ailment you want it to heal, it heals you all over. I also noticed that I slept a lot better that night than I usually do.

I might get more of this oil. Though I also have Radiance of Ra, which is also a very effective healing oil (worked wonders on a cold!) and I prefer the smell of. However I'm just bowled over by the general Healing oil, because of the feeling it gives, the powerful yet gentle energy it calls forth, and it's efficacy.

Edited by yeahbutnobut

Healing smells of lemon verbena, and the scent lingers much longer than most of the TAL oils I've been able to try. Last night my knees were swollen and painful and did not respond to anti-inflammatories, ice, or a prescription medication. Then I remembered that I had purchased an imp of Healing from a kind forum member recently. Before going to bed, I rubbed the oil into my knees, asking for restored health, and planned to use in a ritual today.

This morning my knees were back to their normal size and completely pain free; I'll be able to clean the house before the ritual. I rarely write reviews, but this oil is truly magical for me. It will be my next purchase.

Edited by joans

i've half a decant of this left, and before i swap it away i thought i'd add my thoughts here.

as others have stated, it smells quite distinctly of lemon verbena and vaguely medicinal.

i used several decants of this, and other TAL oils, last summer when my best friend's son was born WAY too early and too tiny... mostly because my friend's body wasn't handling pregnancy well and she spent a week in the hospital - because every hour they could give that baby before he was born was important. so i got rid of "hospital smell" with healing herbs and oils, and my friend wound up having to have a c-section instead of the natural birth she'd been planning.

anyway, the baby was as healthy and strong as he could be for as tiny as he was - within a day he was breathing on his own, even though he was hooked up to tubes and machines for about another month. my friend got to go home a few days later...

they both healed faster than anyone thought they would and within a few months the baby was all caught up in growth and size and shows no problems.

i can't say this oil, or any of the other TALs i used, are the reason why. but i firmly believe that they *helped*

and for that i'm grateful.

I got an imp in a swap. Stress causes me muscular aches and I wanted to use it to help me ease them, not just with intent, but in rituals that worked as a "warm up" and as a "cool down" after massages with a therapist.

To me it smells of insect repellent. I know that TALs are not supposed to be used as perfume, but this is definitely something that does not work make you smell good, as opposed to, for example, the fact that you can anoint your chakra points with White Light and go out wrapped in its nice smell. On the other hand, a good point of Healing is that its citrussy smell doesn't interfere with sleep, so it can be used in bedtime rituals.

I have had massage once since starting to use it and the whole process went very well. The masseuse noticed I improved even as the session was going on. Let's see what happens in the coming weeks.

I can't even tell you what this smells like because my sense of smell has been temporarily knocked out by my illness (bronchitis triggering cough-variant asthma). I've been sick for weeks and needing to feel like there was something I could do other than gulp down steroids.

Yesterday I anointed my chest and throat with this oil. It made them feel warm.

Today I dressed a small white candle with Healing oil, working from the bottom up to draw healing to me, and then dressed the top in a clockwise fashion (I'm in the Northern Hemisphere). I've now lit the candle with intent and will let it burn until it is done. I also anointed my chest and throat.

I feel better that I am at least marshalling spiritual forces to assist me in healing. We'll see if I get results.

Edited by Czarina

Yes, this is a strong and potent fragranced oil. I carry a Hand of Hermes bag in the inner pocket of my white coat for work, and I 'feed' it with a multitude of oils, generally those to amplify communication and increase confidence in that respect. I'm starting work in a very stressful area of the hospital (critical care) very shortly and wanted to do a small peaceful ritual with Healing (recently obtained) for my white coat and a few drops in conjunction with my usual Charisma + Hand of Hermes weekly reapplication.

The aroma is sharp citrus, blended with a very white, creamy and sharp floral. I think it may be honeysuckle. Not sure. Dries down perfumy on my skin with that residual bite from the citrus, and the continued powderiness of whatever florals are mixed with it.

I anointed the bag with three drops, and rubbed it along the nape of my white coat. Hopefully the fragrance will dissipate some by the time I actually start service (if not... I have a spare coat that I can anoint elsewhere so it won't be as omnipresent).

It'll be a tough month but I'll try to focus on the small halo of power and intent I have charged into the coat for support and maybe a little push during this trying rotation.

Can't comment on the effect quite yet, the candle I lit for a friend undergoing surgery is still burning & the surgery in question is still going. But the ritual came together very nicely - with a really good energy of love & joy.

The scent itself though... I think I may be more inclined to use a different one next time. :rasp: While wet it's okay -- sharp citrus & litsea (litsea smells like a furry lime lifesavers to me, and litsea EO tends to cause a feeling of warmth on skin, which this oil does) without being overly sweet. I can work with that. But dries down to that same jasmine-note I get from most of the voodoo blends. And jasmine just really goes bad on me. Really bad. And I can't get it off my fingertips. :( Feh.

Next time, I'll try using Radiance of Ra instead, if it seems appropriate, (and if I can find it when I need it.) because I do greatly prefer the scent of that.

I recieved this about a month ago, at a time when I was dealing with a cold. I also tend to feel like I'm coming down with something every few days - but then hardly ever get actually sick, just enough to feel out of it for a day.

When I got this, all I did was put it on my chakras before work, while vocalizing my intent - to get healthy from the cold I had, and to stop feeling like I was coming down with a cold every few days or so.

I was healthy the NEXT DAY. Not recovering, but all out healthy. I kind of just brushed it off as coincidence, though I was still a bit impressed. However this morning I realized, a month later, I haven't even felt like I was coming down with anything. Which is FANTASTIC! I can only imagine what this could do if I used it in an actual ritual.

I'm very impressed with this one. The smell is awful to me, but the effects are WELL worth it!

i do find this oil to be almost unbelievably effective not just for physical healing but in conjunction with other oils or bags or candles for different more conceptual healing. i don't think it smells of any of the things people have specifically mentioned but to me smells like a whole herb garden with something that always jumps out at me akin to dill or fennel but somehow prettier than those smells. nobody else in my life likes the smell though. not that i care if i feel i need it. but i find that if i just put some under my nose i get the effect and don't need a lot if i am using it for something where i can still be around people. if its something more serious i don't want to be around people anyway. its effect is immediate for me in that i feel better right away but also seems effective for more long term types of healing with repeated applications toward those ends.

I just got this last week and have tried it for two separate things. I have been entirely amazed by how well it works!

First, I had a nasty cystic zit that cropped up right before my period hit, as always. It's extremely painful, so I daubed a tiny dot of Healing over it (probably not the way this stuff should be used, but the skin wasn't broken). The next morning, it wasn't gone, but the pain was far reduced and I was able to cover it with concealer. I was very happy with that.

I also tried it for my debilitating cramps. As a previous reviewed mentioned, it was the most amazing warmth, almost like wearing one of those disposable sticky heating pads. I can still feel it, it's very soothing and helping me not have to constantly pop Midol to get through the day.

I'm absolutely shocked by how well and how quickly this works. The smell is really stinky to me, practically full-on citronella, but hey, I didn't buy it as a perfume, and for results like these I'm happy to deal with it!

I love this blend. I use it both on candles and directly on sources of pain, and I find that it works very quickly. I've used it for headaches, throat and ear pain, and in general "good health" workings for my household.

It smells wonderful to me, as do most of the TAL blends, but I never analyze what they smell like.

The scent of this oil is kind of citrusy and herby, but I don't really recognize it. If I've smelled these notes before, they were combined in a really different way.

I rubbed this for a few nights on an area of my body where I had a concerning pain; I used it in tandem with Wolf's Heart, actually, to ease my anxiety about it. I was checked out tonight and it was just a muscle strain. So I used Healing again in my ritual of thanks.

The smell of Healing is citrusy and herby, and very comforting.

I rubbed this on my palm of my hand, where I had some pain due to over-exertion. It's like using ibuprofen. I did take ibuprofen last night, but this seems to be maintaining the level of inflammation down. 

I'm excited to use this on behalf of others who will be going through some surgeries in the upcoming future.