Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Little Bird

Temple: Elemental

Temple: Elemental is a really beautiful blend. It smells like a lot of things to me at once, and paints a very vivid mental picture. This is the smell of thick, dark green ferns, black soil with mushrooms popping through it, a misty-cold waterfall, and smooth, wet stones. It's a chilly, clean forest blend. Watery and earthy at the same time.

This actually reminds me of the forests in Missouri where I grew up. It always floods in the springtime and everything feels clean and cool and brimming with life. This is the wet forest during springtime, during the floods. I always loved those times.

And I love this blend, and the wonderful feelings, memories, and sensations that it conjures up for me. :P

Elemental is another blend I have been living with for a year. I would say this is good for connecting to the more primal forces of nature. Dark forests tinged with the metallic bloodiness of a long ago battle.

This one packs a wallop. But scent first:

In the bottle very green, a touch of earth, a touch of water. Something cold and woodsy floating in the background. It is 'very elemental".

First on, wet, its a kind of earthy primordial scent, mossy green like some ancient primeval forest, deep mulch underfoot, algae floating atop ancient lakes. As the fragrance dries, it 'evolves'... seriously. Trees grow, woodsy scents begin predominate, then flowers blossom. Finally it fades to an airy and mysterious scent. It's fascinating to watch the scent morph and develop and is a pleasant but powerful fragrance.

I've been working with 'evolutionary' energies for many years now, and I decided to incorporate this into a ritual to evoke the primal mind in conjunction with some dream/memory work. This rite was the most powerful of its kind to date, but also set off a tangential chain reaction in my personal life, the repercussions of which I still have not overcome. However, the results were ultimately positive, though the process was painful.

The ritual's side effects included some deep primal fears that kept me awake all night, and the following day some wrath that had been seething and pent up in me for years was released all at once. Fortunately the primary object of my rage was a thousand miles away and my only weapons were words, but I don't think I've ever been so uncontrollably angry in all my life (and nothing set it off). It was huge, explosive... but it also finally severed my relationship with a very negative influence in my life so all is well.

I also have used the Elemental Temple oil in conjunction with more minor workings, as a consecration oil and to seal spells by the elements, and have found it very effective.

Thumbs up to this potent blend, but 'handle with care'.

Scent: This seems to have mostly patchouli in it, but also a touch of water, ozone, and warmth.

Use: I was a member of a magick group that spent some time working with the elements and elementals. I used this TAL oil a lot after I got it because it applied so well to the rituals we were doing. I ended up using it as a sort of mental and spiritual preparation before the rituals by anointing my third eye with it. I found it to be very useful and I'm so glad I was able to get some of this.