Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Temple: Angelic smells gorgeous on me. It has a softly resinous quality that reminds me very strongly of Al-Azif, an almost floral sort of incense, with the softly powdery feel of Midnight Mass.

In the drydown, I think that I'm smelling a violet note, tucked in behind the beautiful resins. It's so pretty, and surprisingly bright and cheerful for a resin/violet fragrance (which I usually associate with a darker feel and mood).

This is hands down my favorite of the Temple blends. I cannot wait to use it and I will be wearing this as a personal fragrance as well. :P

I bought this months ago, for no other reason than my muse told me to. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why I might need such a thing, and for me spending $25 on something I would never use is just outrageous. I'm kinda poor. But I tend to trust my muse (just to clarify, some people use the term spirit guide, but I use the word muse, for various reasons).

After I got it, it sat on the shelf for a couple of months. I sniffed it once and didn't much care for the smell. I finally decided, "hey, I'm never gonna use this thing", so I put it up for swap. After putting it up for swaps, I thought, well I should at least try this before it goes, and I dabbed a little on my third eye before my daily meditation.

The experience was personal so I won't recount it here, but I immediately took it off the swap forum. (I'm glad no one snapped it up before I did) I'm hanging on to this. Its good stuff.

In some ways, both the scent and the effects are comparable to White Light, but as a Temple blend I would conjecture this oil is perhaps a little more versatile, and can be used in a variety of ways. Thats one reason I like the Temple oils - they seem to add a potent ambience, and a sense of the sacred, to a variety of workings.

The scent is predominantly floral and light resins, maybe a hint of sandalwood? The fragrance has certainly grown on me since that first sniff. Its very ethereal and evocative. A pale glow of an aroma that nonetheless carries a sense of strength. Like the power of the wind to change the surface of the water and the face of the earth.

I now use it nightly for dreamwork and it also lends a sends of comfort and safety in sleep. I'm prone to the occasional nighttime morbid thoughts and Temple:Angelic helps to calm those. I also use it for meditation frequently and intend to work with it in other ways as well.

Edited by Extispex

Scent - Temple: Angelic is so pretty. I really cannot describe it other than to say that it has a gorgeous floral scent with a touch of rose.

Use - I don't tend to work with angels a lot in my ritual work, so I spent a lot of time eyeing this oil warily without being sure of how to use it. Eventually it dawned on me that, duh, I could use it in a ritual with the archangels and their respective elements. Once I made that realization it was easy for me to use this oil in rituals. It really brings a strong yet peaceful presence.

This smells a teeny bit like resin, a teeny bit like cake, and a teeny bit like medicine. It's a very nice smell I'm guessing it has sandalwood and florals in it.

I will update with how it works when I have used it. I imagine that I will anoint myself and meditate.

I've been wearing and working with this because one of my main deities is the Archangel Michael, and there is no angel-specific TAL. This one covers the bases anyway. :)

It smells wonderful, rather like Rose Cross, a "flincense" floral incense. I've been anointing my front door and altar and wearing this on pulse points and (upper) chakras, and it makes me feel good, protected, and looked after. I will report back when I do a big ceremonial working, but using this just mindfully to keep angelic forces around me, I feel like this works. It's like White Light on steroids almost! :wub2: