Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Snow White

How much does it cost to ship internationally?

I just came up with another question:

What is the maximum amount of items that the flat rate + $4 would cover (for huge big-ass orders)? I presume that if the number of items is exceptionally big, we would have to email for shipping?

Can you/Do you ship to Far East Asia?  Taiwan specifically?  I'm moving there in 2 months and I am wondering if I can still order.  If yes, how much would the shipping be?  Same as Australia?

No, it's same as Western Europe. So $9 flat rate and follow the chart from then on.

Thank you for bringing it up.

Nella

Thanks for clarifying! Am so excited that I can still get my fix while abroad! Yay yay yay!!!

Do we have to specifically email someone if we want to order from outside the United States? I went to order some Imps and got the ccnow site and it said it only ships to the United States. I'm sorry if this question has already been answered.

Do we have to specifically email someone if we want to order from outside the United States? I went to order some Imps and got the ccnow site  and it said it only ships to the United States. I'm sorry if this question has already been answered.

This is off of the BPAL FAQ page ~ FAQ PAGE

"Do you sell internationally?

YES! Unfortunately, due to the limitations of our current credit card processing system we can only accept PayPal for any orders placed outside of the United States, Canada included. The following is a quick reference chart for international shipping costs covering Canada, Australasia and Western Europe, verbatim from this thread in the BPAL Forums:

1 item = 1 5ml

1 item = 1 10 ml

1 item = 1 set of imps (6 imps)

If it's 4 items or less, these are the flat rates:

$7 Canada

$9 most of Western Europe

$10 to Australia

If it's 5 items or more = 2 dollars extra to each flat rate.

If 10 items or more, $4 dollars extra to each flat rate.

For example:

3x5mls + 3 set of imps = 6 items = $9 dollars to Canada, $11 to UK, $12 to Australia

Another example:

5x5mls + 6 sets of imps = 11 items = $ 11 to Canada, $13 to UK, $14 to Australia

If you live outside of Canada, Western Europe, or Australasia or if you need a shipping quote above and beyond what's listed here, please email Nella with your order [so that we can aproximate the weight and figure out specific shipping costs] and she will get back to you as quickly as possible. All prices are in US dollars, and thus: all payments must be made using US dollars. I apologize for any inconvenience."

Hey Chin, you know you can subscribe to threads, so that you can see them when you click on your user control panel? That way you don't need to keep track of where they sink to in order to refer to them constantly. :P

Well now ... no I didn't! Thanks lady :P

Now that it's at the top again maybe it will be useful for other international peeps waiting for Wednesday!

ETA, if I subscribe, does that mean that I will get a pesky e-mail every time someone posts? Hm this probably belongs in Forum FAQ, sorry.

Edited by chin

This one should -really- be stickied, or taken, and merged with something else about shipping internationally, THEN stickied....

Does that make sense? lol

I figured out my shipping from the FAQ page, but I couldn't find any info on what sort of customs/duty/whatever charges might be added before it gets to me here in Canada. Does anyone know what extra amount I should expect to pay at delivery?

I figured out my shipping from the FAQ page, but I couldn't find any info on what sort of customs/duty/whatever charges might be added before it gets to me here in Canada. Does anyone know what extra amount I should expect to pay at delivery?

I´m not Canadian, but there were a few posts on this towards the end of a thread called international shipping info+questions, you could check there. Or, I guess you could find out by searching the web, that´s what I did, but then again, I´m in Norway and don´t have many fellow forumites here :P You could probably just try to pm some canadian if you can find one (they seem to be all over the place!), I´m sure most of them would be happy to help :D

I've only had one BPAL package opened by customs in the year and a bit that I've been ordering. There is no duty charged, since the product is made in the USA, but they charge something like $5 for handling and then GST based on the value declared when they do this. The Lab usually declares very minimal amounts (I *think* the highest I've seen declared was $20, but I could be wrong), so even the GST isn't very much.

It is really really rare, though.

I've only had one BPAL package opened by customs in the year and a bit that I've been ordering.  There is no duty charged, since the product is made in the USA, but they charge something like $5 for handling and then GST based on the value declared when they do this.  The Lab usually declares very minimal amounts (I *think* the highest I've seen declared was $20, but I could be wrong), so even the GST isn't very much.

It is really really rare, though.

Ahh, thank you. :P

I just came up with another question:

What is the maximum amount of items that the flat rate + $4 would cover (for huge big-ass orders)? I presume that if the number of items is exceptionally big, we would have to email for shipping?

I'm interested in this also. At what point (if any!) do international orders qualify for free shipping?

(not that I'm ever going to order THAT much, but still...)

Can you/Do you ship to Far East Asia?  Taiwan specifically?  I'm moving there in 2 months and I am wondering if I can still order.  If yes, how much would the shipping be?  Same as Australia?

I asked answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com how much would cost to ship a small order (some 2 or 3 10ml bottles) to Chile. I got this reply from Sara:

>I went to USPS.com and used a shipping calculator. A one pound package

>(which is approximately 15 bottles) to Chile will cost $14.00 for

>shipping and handling. I hope this helps!

To which I replied:

>Yes it helps, thanks! But I still have some

>questions... Did you use 10ml or 5ml bottles for your

>calculation? Well I guess I can go to USPS.com and

>find out... I'd like to order only 2 or 3 bottles this

>time.

And then got this reply:

>The flat rate I gave you earlier was for up to 15 items. 5ml's, 10ml's

>and 6 imp packs all count as 1 item each.

Well, it seems excessive to me. $14 for postage, even if I order only 3 bottles? While the shipping cost to, for example the Far East is only $9?

I'm always ordering stuff from the US (I've even obtained some BPAL imps through ebay from a couple of people here in this forum), and I'm used to pay from $4 to $7.50 for S&H in that weight range (2-3 10ml bottles).

So, please let me know if pricing can be revised, because I'm really interested in a few blends. :P

Regards

Alohasca

Edited by Alohasca

That sort of sounds like an issue you need to work out with the lab....unfortunately we can't change what they charge you.

The problem in this case is not weight, but rather mailing out in an envelope versus a box. The lab always mails out packages priority and using a box. And checking the USPS web site....sending that to Chile does indeed cost a minimum of $14.00.

It would be cheaper if the lab used padded envelopes, but I don't believe they'll do that anytime soon.

Norway: $10 for up to 4 items (I think...)

I don´t think that´s bad, really. It´s more or less what I´ve paid when I´ve ordered from other online stores. But, of course, it´s right up there, pushing the limits, I know how you feel. On the other hand, it´s more of a hassle sending out international orders, and it´s very time consuming for the lab, so I guess it´s allright. And getting a little BPAL box beats the bubble mailers any day! (Plus, I don´t have to worry about anything breaking; it makes me happy that the lab wants to be on the safe side :P)

Here's my two cents:

My particualr business depends on successful cross-border mailing, too. My primary area of commerce is between US and Canada - but we have Far East accounts, too. The packages we ship out to our *retail* (not wholesale) customers is approximately an average size BPAL package. A box is consideralbly safer and more reliable than a padded envelope when sending long distances.

In my experience that size box costs an *average* of USD $9.00 to ship just from Canada to the US (!) and is equivalent to the size of a BPAL package containing 4 or 5 - 5 or 10ml bottles....the size difference between bottles, price-wise, is not really significant.

So IMHO, $14.00 to Chile is a BARGIN. :P

But then, I am a BPAL 'ho.

I would pay *any* price to get my fix of Beth-Blended Oils!

:D

Edited by fragrantgrasse

That sort of sounds like an issue you need to work out with the lab....unfortunately we can't change what they charge you.

The problem in this case is not weight, but rather mailing out in an envelope versus a box. The lab always mails out packages priority and using a box. And checking the USPS web site....sending that to Chile does indeed cost a minimum of $14.00.

It would be cheaper if the lab used padded envelopes, but I don't believe they'll do that anytime soon.

I see.... Well then, I'll only be buying through third parties who can send me the stuff in an envelope. Problem solved! :P

Thanks

A.

Hi,

sorry if it's a dumb question but - do I have to pay 8$ or 9$ for 9 imps to Germany?

I'm confused because the initial posting says 9$, a reply says 8$ but the first posting isn't changed and the homepage still says 9$.

I don't want to bother the lab, because I understood that they have much work to do anyway.

And I want to chose the right amount, because I understood that I have to order via PayPal and place the order in the PayPal comments field without getting a notification about the right charge (therefore I won't know if I did it right or not).

Thanks in advance :P

Juli

$9.

That's all (that I have to say). :P

Edited by Galen

Norway is $10. I guess it´s because we didn´t want to play with you EU-guys. Or maybe we´re just the loners up North, who knows :P It´s all good, though. Now that I´ve gotten used to it, I just make bigger orders. I was afraid of the taxes and VAT and stuff, but it looks like that´s not an issue :D

I didn't realise non-EU countries had a different pricing structure! ah well, $9, $10 - what's a kroner or two between friends, huh? :P

(it is kroner in Norway, right? or is that just Denmark? or was it Sweden??)