Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
girlmadasbirds

Nag Champa scent in a BPAL blend?

i love the smell of nag champa incense. are there any bpal scents that smell like it? i've tried gaueko..and while i like it, i'd like something that smells as close to *just* nag champa as possible (without too many other notes). thanks!

i love the smell of nag champa incense.  are there any bpal scents that smell like it?  i've tried gaueko..and while i like it, i'd like something that smells as close to *just* nag champa as possible (without too many other notes).  thanks!

I think that Scheherezade smells similar to Nag Champa, but it's definitely not exact. I haven't tried the oils that have nag champa listed as a note (Gaueko, Urd), but they're on the way.

Does anyone get the nag champa note in anything else?

Urd is the only one that I have tried that has nag champa listed as an ingredient, and smells like it. It smells like it a LOT. :P And it's my #1 favorite BPAL!! :D Gaukeo mostly smelled like lavender to me. I haven't seen champa listed anywhere else but I do agree that Scherezade reminds me of that sort of incensy smell...

I second the Urd suggestion. I love nag champa and Urd is an instant favorite for me. As long as you like the smell of grapes you should love it (on me the grapes disappear as it dries, but there's a period where it's very much muscadine grapes and incense). :P

Cairo, eh? I may have to look into that myself. :D

Malice had a drydown of Nag Champa on me. If you want a single note though, dragonflyblue.com has one I love a lot. :P

thanks for the suggestions! i have an imp of gaueko..and i like it, but i wanted something that had a stronger nag champa smell.

while on vacation last week, we went to the black broom and i tried out scherezade...and ended up buying the 5mL. it's wonderful!

i'll look into getting a hold of urd and cairo. :P

dragon's milk is a strangely nag-champa-ish scent to me. . .sweet and smokey and heady. . .

odd, i know. . . .but i really like it. i haven't tried urd or gaueko.

This is also my favorite incense. Strangely...I didnt sense it in Urd...I am going to have sniff it again.

Well, okay, I actually want to smell like nag champa incense. I did a search for nag champa on the lab site and it pulled up Gaueko and Urd, but I wondered if anyone had other ideas. My favorite BPAL scent is Manila and I actually get a lot of incense from that (last night my husband said that I smelled like hippie incense) but I wondered if there were other blends that I should try.

(edited to add "nag champa" to title so others can find the thread using search engine - ivyandpeony)

Edited by ivyandpeony

Have you tried Xiuhtecuhtli or The Caterpillar? I think they might be similar to what you're looking for. :P

Sin smells like an occult shop to me (actually it smells like I used to smell when I worked in an occult shop blending oils and potions.) Nice happy hippie incense sort of smell, so I think it might suit your eau de head shop needs. Looking forward to reading the rest of the recs on this thread -- I love these sorts of scents.

Try Two Monsters!!!!!

It's like a headshop in the ritziest and most exclusive neighborhood in town. :P

Also I love it. It's one of my new favorites.

Well, okay, I actually want to smell like nag champa incense. I did a search for nag champa on the lab site and it pulled up Gaueko and Urd, but I wondered if anyone had other ideas. My favorite BPAL scent is Manila and I actually get a lot of incense from that (last night my husband said that I smelled like hippie incense) but I wondered if there were other blends that I should try.

I find Opium poppy and the Caterpillar very headshoppy but maybe thats just the head shops around here :P

I've repeatedly seen Urd referred to as headshoppy, so you should definitely give it a try.

if you can get your hands on Hellion, you'd probably love it! it's an oil which is exclusive to the trading post, and comes with the imp statue "seamus." you may be able to find an imp on the swaps thread, though. also i second scherezade, and you may want to try spellbound and/or the cracked bell (a yule limited edition - another you'll have to look for on the swap thread) as well :P

LOL The post on the main page says "I want to smell like a head..." I thought, well, that's an interesting goal!

I would say I'm in love with Sin as my favorite dark, incensey, mysterious, what the hell goes on in this shop smell.

If you like violet, I'd recommend Sybaris. It has the most amazing incensey drydown.

Other incensey type blends:

Dee, Cathedral, URD!!!, Anne Bonny, Sri Lanka

What they said! :P

Scherezade and other things with red musk are very headshoppy to me without having any nag champa in them (Lust, Fenris Wolf). Red musk is awesome.

But Urd and Hellion are the twin gods of nag champa I think. And Two Monsters if you don't mind taking a chance on a Salon scent! Oh god it's so wonderful.

Oh how I love smelling like a hippie.

Death Cap is another great one for an earthy/dirt incense smell.

avh_urd01.jpg

Definitely Urd

And as others have mentioned...Two Monsters is incredible but indeed very refined to be classified as straight out 'head shop'.

I understand why people usually file The Catepillar into this category...but there's an ethereal quality about it that keeps me from putting it there, although I love me some really good "eau de headshop" AND The Caterpillar is my very favorite GC, so I'm probably contradicting my own opinion somewhere there! :D

I don't really have anything else to add that others haven't already mentioned ...but I'll chime in with Lust, Sherezade, Snake Charmer and certain phases of Lotus Moon are a pure trip!

I find Opium poppy and the Caterpillar very headshoppy but maybe thats just the head shops around here :D

...try layering Opium Poppy over Malice sometime. :P

Gypsy Queen smells just like Nag Champa while it is wet, to me.

Edited by lookingglass

check out haunted

perhaps mixed with a lil namaste

but yeah haunted - when i wear it i think mmm oh yeah sweet incense totally

Luperci smells like a hippie store/head shop to me! Not incensy so much as a blend of incense and oils and all the other stuff a shop like that would sell. You might try to get a bottle of that, or a decant. It was an LE, unfortunately.