Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shelldoo

Chaos Theory III: Strange Attractors

Each bottle of Chaos Theory is truly unique, a fragrant fractal, and exercise in the joy of chance and uncertainty! Each is a one-of-a-kind, utterly random combination of scents, the composition of which is based on whim, mood and gut instinct.

CDLXI (461)

This is an easy one to review. It's all mint, and pretty much nothing else. Starts off smelling like strong spearmint, stays that way through the drydown. There could be a little something "green" in the background, but IMO this is a scent that screams "MINT!"

Chaos Theory III: CCXXVI (226)

I got this in a swap with Nekomata. As you'll see if you check her review, we have insanely different takes on the same bottle. I guess that's all part of the Chaos Theory experience.

For Nekomata, this one was all dark and musky and feral. For me -- pure jasmine. My nemesis jasmine!! I love dark musks, so it's a bit of a strange experience to swap for musk and get jasmine. But it seems that this does happen; other swap reviews have reflected this same radical difference from person to person.

I'm afraid if I try to pass this on to someone who loves jasmine they'll get, I don't know, cherries or rum or something from it.

ETA: After a couple of hours, the jasmine does start to burn off and I can finally smell the musk a bit. So it's not that it disappeared in transit or anything, just that the tiniest drop of jasmine, indetectable by most people, amps like a mad thing on my skin, destroying all in its path. Then very late in the drydown, it suddenly turns to honey! Which is nice -- but faint by that time, and not really worth all the jasmine it took to get there. Intriguing, though.

Edited by Shollin

I have bottle DCCCXXXVI, which (according to this) is #836.

I am terrible at picking out notes, so this review may not be the most informative!

in the bottle, the oil smells kind of green. maybe pine? there's something else kind of sweet too.

on me, it definitely smells like pine, but also a little soapy. I don't think I like this too much - I'll see if I can swap it for another CT3... maybe something a bit more foody!

CT3: XCVI (96)

This is not my bottle, but I got a partial imp to identify notes. In the imp this is a distinct olive green, like good olive oil.

First impression: Green, herbal-pungent: that sharp, almost nutty herbal that's in most of the voodoo blends. Vetiver maybe? Plus dark musk, for sure, smells like the musk in Smut but not sweet. Drydown brings out a nice sandalwood, but that voodoo herb note lingers too much for me. Would be a nice blend for a guy, I think.

CT3: CCCXCI (391)

I seriously thought I wouldn't like this, which is why I waited so long to try it on. I'm pretty new to trying to pick out notes, so here's my best shot.

In the Bottle: It smells sweet, almost fruity with a heady floral to it. It's the type of scent that's gone on me so sweet and strong I get a headache.

Initial Wet: Powerfully floral, but a floral that reminds me of the tropics where I grew up. Plumeria? Gardenia? I can't tell for sure what the flower is, but it reminds me of my childhood.

Initial Dry: Just about the same as initial wet, but not as strong. When I walk, the scent from my wrists wafts around me and I remember running through gardens of plumeria trees, gardenia, and other blooms.

Drier Dry: For just a bit, I think it tried to go sour on me, so there is possibly a fruit note in there. But now it's just back to the nice tropical blooms.

I think it's a keeper.

[i wore this again yesterday and a friend of mine said that the main floral was jasmine, her favorite smell. But she agrees that it's not just jasmine, there's something else in there, a sharper floral.]

Edited by kraken

CDLXXXV - 485

this wasn't my bottle, but a gracious frimp i received in a swap.

at first: woodsy, with a hint of sweet fruit in the background.

on: this is nice. earthy, slightly woodsy, with a bit of sweet flowers.

1 hour later: this is sort of hard for me to smell. it's a bit warm and sweet, but earthy, too.

2.5 hours later: soft, sweet, and a bit floral.

overall: after about three hours, this just sort of disappeared.

Previously reviewed by kaltomere.

DCCXLVII(747):

Well.....this starts out as a very buttery, cakey kind of smell.......then after a while when it starts to dry it becomes this sourish, cherry candy smelling concoction, which is very nice....but......I'm not sure I can take the initial stage to get to the candy.......

Will have to try this one a couple times more and if it doesn't grow on me, I think I'll try to swap it.....

DCCXLVIII(748):

Yog-Sothoth 's all I have to say.........

So this one will be passed onto the husband who already has a Yog-Sothoth spray I made for him.......and this will be his back up bottle this also means he won't get to share my 10ml of Dorian I have coming :P

Chaos Theory III: LVIII (58)

From GypsyRoseRed's decant circle.

In the imp: Egyptian Musk! Yes! This smells very much like Ozymandias and Great Cry in Egypt, but fresher and less 'golden' with an airy tangy musk.

Wet on skin: a tangy, fresh, cool airy musk with a darker red musk underneath with resins. Wow.

Dry on skin: ohhh. Oh this is what I dreamed of from CT. It has the 'night air musk' of Nuit, the deeper resin-touched musk of Great Cry, the sand-dusted incense of Ozymandias, plus a note that is chilly and sparkling, almost like anise meets mint, but not quite-it lacks the medicinal aspect of anise and the mintiness of mint. This is a desert night in scent. Cool and dark and sparkling with a billion stars and silver moonlight over the dust and sand below, still retaining some of the day's warmth, a little skin musk, and a hint of incense on the breeze…

After a while: this does become a tad warmer, the musky incense gets richer, and the scent begins to get more golden. I think there's some amber coming through. This scent is very visual and tells a story-as I said, the first stage was night, now dawn is approaching.

The warmth gets more and more pronounced over time, as does the musk. It's the same red musk as Great Cry, with amber, frankincense and possibly cardamom, but with a more muted saffron than Great Cry-this is gentler, and now it brings to mind a beautiful sunrise over the dunes. There's just a bare hint of dusty sandalwood…I'm also getting hints of some of the notes of Jacob's Ladder now.

And the end stage? Pure glowing amber and musk…beautiful translucent amber, like my E. amber single note. A new day has dawned and the morning is serene and golden.

Verdict: excuse the visual-laden review but this does bring up a lot of imagery… this scent is like the perfect blend of all the best bits of some of Beth's Egypt themed scents, and paints a beautiful picture. At first, it's night in the Egyptian desert. Chilly and star-filled, soft sand under your feet, and the scent of crumbling stone ruins (pyramids even?) all around, with the warmth of skin-scent musk and you just catch a little hint of ancient resin-a remnant of a distant past, wafting in the crystalline air? Then the sky's glitter fades and the warmth of day slowly returns…the sun is about to rise as golden notes start to penetrate the scent, amber and resins and deep red velvety musk, these golden notes warm up even more over time reaching a beautiful golden finale of spiced amber and musk. This is my dream CT blend. A fusion of Ozymandias, Great Cry, maybe a hint of Nuit too, which starts with a sparkling night breeze and ends in a scented sunrise. Such a shame I only have a decant's worth of this magnificent scent. I pine for more...

Emoticon rating: :D :P

Previously reviewed by shadith.

Bottle number: DCCLV

In the bottle: This is really light, very fresh. The top note is ... well, I can't even begin to try and pick it. But the first thing that comes to mind is "my dad's aftershave." Not in the bad way at all, but the top note of DCCLV and of my father's aftershave smell similar to me. Uhm, anyway.

To be honest, I can't pick any defining notes in the bottle. It's very sharp, with a crisp feel to it. It definatly stikes me as the masculine end of a Unisex scent. Also, something seems almost citrusy about it. Hmm.

Wet: there's almost no scent on my skin when wet. Just the tiniest hint of something vaguely clean and ozone-y. Reminds me of Numb, actually. No real scent, but a sense of something. Do I even make sense to myself anymore?

Drydown: Still extremely little scent, but there's the vaguest hint of really hot, dry summer wind. Like, that scent of a really hot summer day when you're in the mountains?

Long term drydown: Any real scent has long since been leeched (damn my picky skin chemistry!) and it's now just ... alternatively greasy soap and nothing. I'm not sure which I prefer.

Verdict: While I'm sure it's bound to smell amazing on someone else, my chemistry hates DCCLV. Which is depressing, since I had such high hopes.

These are the lovely preciousses that I got from GypsyRoseRed's decant circle:

DCCLXXV- This is a light, sweet, slightly soapy floral. Scents like this are usually not my style, but it's actually quite nice.

DCCLXXIII- One of my favorites! Light and gingery. Not a bakery scent like Gingerbread Poppet or Shub, but just very fresh and uplifting. I snagged the rest of the bottle.

DCCLXXI- Straight up honey. Soft and close to the skin, but so long-lasting and yummy. It's like O without the amber, and it also reminds me a bit of Dana O'Shee. Another big winner! I asked GRR if she still had the bottle, but she'd promised it to someone else already. You are one lucky duck, whoever you are!

DCCLXXVI- This one is really hard to describe. It's sweet, but has a sharpness to it, maybe herbal? I'm really curious to read other reviews of this one, because I cannot for the life of me pick out the notes. It's a good one, though.

DCCLXXII- At first, sweet and candyish with a hint of musk. The drydown is all musk. I like it better than some of the heavy musks, like Smut, and some of the really sugary ones like Sugar Skull. :P

Not a single loser in the bunch! Now I'm excited to get the Chaos Theory bottles I ordered after I'd already signed up for the decant circle!

Chaos Theory III: DCCLXXI (771)

In the imp: oh mah gawds. Musky vanilla. Snake Charmer style. Oh my.

Wet on skin: no, this isn't just musky vanilla, this is vanilla musk and HONEY!

Dry on skin: Wow. Just wow. This is the lovechild of O and Snake Charmer. It has O's honey, although the honey here is actually more like Osun or the honey SN, it has a real wild honey or honeycomb feel to it, you can smell the flowers that are in the honey. It smells like beeswax as well. And underneath is the deep rich vanilla from Snake Charmer/Oil with musk-it's not as strong now because the honey's taking centre stage but this stuff is phenomenal.

After a while: still a beautiful, soft, powdered honeycomb with gentle blossoms with deep vanilla-amber underneath. This is like O but ten times better. I get musk under it all-could it be Siberian musk? Don't take my word for it but I get a slight resemblance to the SN of this musk. It could be red musk but I'm sure it has that dark feral twist that reminds me of the Siberian variety, which mingles harmoniously with the tangy aspect of the honey.

After some time, I think I can safely say that I think there's Siberian musk in here. it smells very much like my SN, layered with wildflower honey. This is along similar lines to Sed Non Satiata now (sexy musky honey), as well as O, or like honeyed Snake Oil. The honey note then softens so delightfully and it's like honey dust on my skin-with a powdery quality-over musky vanilla.

Verdict: so far the CT bottles I've bought for myself and tried haven't wowed me that much, but the decants have blown my mind. This is the sexiest honey musk ever. It's like Sed Non Satiata or O on steroids, or honeyed Snake Oil. It's got the most delicious honey note ever-a tangy yet delightfully sweet honeycomb scent with hints of wild meadow blossom. And it has Siberian musk. Oh yes indeedy. That sexy, deep, muskiest of the musks. SM with honey, with backings of delicious vanilla, possibly amber as well. Another stunner among the CT scents, another one I wish I had more of-though LVIII is still my all time favourite.

Emoticon rating: :D

Previously reviewed by maijasu.

Chaos Theory III: ???CIL (bottle leaked, number got smudged)

In the bottle: holy moly, this is MANLY in the extreme. This is masculine woods-possibly cedar and cypress, with a lot of other very dark and very butch notes.

Wet on skin: still very masculine. I now smell patchouli and tobacco in here.

Dry on skin: this now smells like the Ultimate Man Scent. deep, dark, masculine and greenish black, it's heavy on the woods, with hints of incense-I get patchouli, possibly some leather as well, maybe some resins? I think there may be cedar here with cypress causing that OMGMANWOOD! (hehehe that sounds naughty doesn't it? :P I am talking about trees here, don't worry!), maybe some herbal notes? Moss and ambergris too? Possibly some pepper, maybe resins? It reminds me of very expensive men's designer perfume. But it's much too manly for me.

After a while: I get a feel of 'deep green' and something watery in this scent. It's deeply earthy but also fresh, cool, almost like there's an aquatic note tucked in there…it gives the impression of water which is a deep blue green colour. This is what I hoped Jolly Roger smelt like…it also has the murky, almost earthy scent that Oblivion had, but this is less sweet.

This becomes sharper, tangier over time and starts to gain a 'cologne' scent, and it reminds me now of aftershave. It does remind me of a certain brand of aftershave, not sure which. I think there may be a little bit of vetiver now.

Verdict: usually most BPAL 'men's scents' are very gender neutral, very wearable on me. But this is probably the most masculine BPAL ever. It truly is 'BPAL Pour Homme'. It smells like really expensive aftershave. It's very well blended though-less of a chaotic scent and more like something regular and traditionally structured, in fact. The scent itself deep woody notes (cedar, I think, and a few others) in a dark coating of what I think may be patchouli, leather, light vetiver, maybe some tobacco, and possibly some green notes and aquatics and something tangy. The overall feel I get is of the colour teal, murky blue green, graduating to gold-accented teal. This is the scent of a clean cut, sophisticated man who has refined tastes and likes to follow convention, and he likes to show off how rich he is. Very traditionally masculine. But way too much for me. I think I will need to swap this, as this is a scent much better suited to an older man than to me. I'd recommend this scent to anyone trying to wean their boyfriend off the Brut and onto the BPAL.

Emoticon rating: :D

Edited by Shollin

DCCCXC (890)

In the bottle: It smells a lot like the Red Queen. I smell Cherries...sugary cherries jubilee baking on the fire.

Once applied: it softens to a powdery sweet boozy almost plum smell. There is a slight spice I can't pick out. I love it! It started off a tad strong but softened up really nicely

I wanted to add: the drydown was AMAZING. It morphed into a almondy vanilla cherry soft powdery smell. I can't stop smelling my wrist...this is so addicting. I wish I ordered more. I hope Beth does this again

Another edit: I did a swap with someone else and got her feedback regarding my CT3 which I didn't even catch...brown sugar. She's right! Once applied it does get a brown sugary smell to it. I am really in love with my CT :P

Edited by maddi

CT3 DCCCXXIII:

Oh wow. This is a morpher and thank god for that.

A whiff of the bottle immediately brings to mind cherry cough drops/cough syrup. Ick.

But, the minute it hits my skin? Beeeeeeeeeautiful sort of Jester smell. Which, btw, was my FIRST BPAL blend & my first BPAL love, so this is like. Seriously. Perfect for me.

But, on top of that minty berry smell, is a spicy cinnamon note, while, below it all, is a hint of creaminess.

I think I'm in love. :3

Chaos Theory III: CDLXXXIX (489)

In the imp: ohhh…GINGER! And not just any ginger, but sweet, sugared, spicy gingerbread ginger with a hint of cream…think a subtler Shub.

Wet on skin: yes, this is creamy Shub! It's the same ginger, but less fierce-and I can smell something green too?

Dry on skin: now I can smell pine…yes, this smells like Christmas! This smells like a fresh Xmas tree, that wonderful pine needle smell, in a house where gingerbread is cooking. This is the lovechild of Hearth 05 (the pine, maybe the sugary notes) and Gingerbread Poppet. So festive, so comforting, this will be lovely come December.

After a while: eventually I think I'm picking up a hint of the caramelised chestnuts from Hearth 05 (or just the caramel), along with the pine. I also get something deep and boozy, perhaps buttery rum, and brandy, and of course, loads of spices-I get ginger, nutmeg and pepper now. I also get smoke here-either incense or fireside smoke, or even roasted chestnuts.

After a few hours I get a soft pale wood background to the sugared spicy pine scent, it's either sandalwood or cedar. It's also a creamy sandalwood, reminds me of another BPAL-maybe Underpants?

Verdict: this is, to me, like Hearth 05 but much better. It has that same caramelised nuts and pine scent to it but with the addition of gingerbread spices and a gorgeous smooth woody undertone to make it even more delicious. it reminds me of Shub at times, in fact, but has a drydown reminiscent of creamy sandalwood. This scent is warm, comforting, very much one for the winter and the festive season since it really does smell like Christmas tree at the start. Another stunner from the CT decants which, regrettably, I only have a decant of! I also hope that Beth makes scents like this for Yule…

Emoticon rating: :P

Chaos Theory III: DCCXL (740)

This is my first CT3 bottle (actually my first Chaos Theory bottle ever!). I've got two more on the way, but I'm already feeling lucky.

In the bottle it smells like a soapy rose blend (this is where I imagine many would groan, but I rejoice--score one for chaos). Once on, it stays pretty true, with the addition of a huge hit of chamomile. As it dries, it develops a little depth with what I'm guessing is opium poppy, because this to me smells and feels like Sleepy Moon's rosy sister--very soporific, and I've been wearing it to bed almost every night since I got it. I'm in love.

Sleepy Rose Moon :P

Edited by Inanna9

I'm still new to deciphering notes so this might be a little vague.

DCCCLV (855)

In the bottle it is aggressively sweet fruit. I'm not sure what it is, but it makes me think of strawberries.

On the skin it almost immediately becomes more floral. I'm not a floral girl but thankfully this isn't overwhelmingly strong. As it dries the fruit peeps out again, just enough to tell it's there, and I also get the sense that there's a tiny bit of wood buried underneath. I can't smell it, I just sense it's there. All in all though this is a light floral with a touch of sweetness and fruit. I can't tell what the florals are, but it's not lavender or rose, unless the rose is very subtle.

It's not really me, but it's nice all the same. This would be a very nice springtime scent I think.

Chaos Theory 3: CLXXVII (177) - This opens up with the strong, sweet scent of peppermint. Since peppermint tends to amp up on my skin and overpower all other notes, I don’t have much hope for this. However, I’m surprised after about 5-10 minutes, when the peppermint scent dissipates almost completely, and behind it is a sweet, fruity scent. It takes me a few minutes to figure out what it is, and finally, I realize, it’s blood orange! It’s got that candy-like orangey sweetness to it that blood orange has. Just to be certain, however, I tested it against my blood orange single note, and it’s not blood orange. So I tested it against my regular plan orange single note, and sure enough, that’s what it is: peppermint and orange. I can’t help but wonder if there is a hint of sugar in this blend that’s giving it that candy-like sweetness, but I can’t really differentiate a separate sugar note, so it may just all be in my imagination. The scent sticks close to my skin, and (as orange single note does on my skin) it disappears completely after only 30 minutes or so. It’s definitely an interesting scent, and I’m glad I got to try it.

Previously reviewed by filigree_shadow.

CT:III 'DCCVII'

This was my first bottle of Chaos theory, but it will not be my last!

I couldn't have commissioned a scent to suit me better, seriously. When I sniffed it in the bottle I let out a yelp of glee. :D

In the bottle: Clean and fresh! A little soapy.

On my skin: It deepens and sweetens on my skin. A little like a cross between Dirty and Sea of Glass. My guess would be narcissus, lily... and/or maybe moonflower? There is certainly a touch of fresh aquatic. The image I get from it is of a pristine mountain lake, untouched by tourists or pollution, with white flowers growing along its bank. The word I get is 'Purity.'

Best of all it LASTS and LASTS! I can put it on my watchband or shawls and still smell it days later.

It is the perfect scent. All I can say to the Lab is THANK YOU! :P

Edited by siriusstar

DCCLIX

A rather dry rose - not as dry as London, and not as astringent as Maiden, but then not as wet as Peacock Queen or 2, 5 and 7. It's more like the rose note in Love in the Asylum.

It would need a better nose than mine to distinguish other notes; there might be some other lush flowers under the rose note, possibly peony, but I wouldn't like to say for sure.

Chaos Theory III: CDLXXXIX (489)

I got the partial bottle from GypsyRoseRed, after she finished up her decant circle. And I am SO happy with it.

To me, this was strongly reminiscent of -- gasp! -- Misk U at first. No coffee, but that warm, honey-oak scent that reminds me of eating croissants in a bookstore cafe. There's definitely a sweet, astringent note underneath, which might be pine (like YBNB says) or might be some herb (tarragon, like GRR says), I'm not sure. All I know is that it saves the scent from being too caramelly-creamy-sweet on my skin, and makes it absolutely enchanting.

I do detect the sort of candy-nut Hearth scent YBNB got, and a Christmas-type aroma, but it really does make me think more of a coffee-less Misk. I'm not getting a lot of the other spicy-type notes she mentions, but then my skin seems to amp certain notes and kill subtlety in a blend. Which is fine, because this blend is absolutely delicious as it is.

Last reviewed by yeahbutnobut.

DCXXX (630) - This smells strongly of a sweet, candied, piercing cherry or almond in the vial. This fades rather quickly to just a sweet, sugary scent like that of a soft drink on my skin. After a few hours I can still smell the traces of sweetness on my skin, with perhaps a base like sandalwood.

DCXXVIII (628) - In the vial, this is a sweet, luscious, fruity mandarin scent that is quite lovely. This continues to be a sweet, fruity mandarin perhaps with a base of sandalwood on my skin. The mandarin juiciness fades, after a couple of hours, and almost disappears into the sandalwood base.

CDLXXVI (476) - This is dark and cool in the vial, reminding me of a scent I don’t particularly enjoy like myrrh or vetiver. On my skin this becomes slightly warmer and changes a little, but I still pick up on the unpleasant scent though it has faded back. This has practically faded into nothing after a couple of hours on my skin.

DCXXVI (626) - In the vial, this smells like something that I can’t quite put my finger on ... like caramalised fruit... like fruit that has a depth to it, and a dark sweetness - a friend suggested the fuit was banana. This could have brown sugar in it, like Sugar Skull, along with some sort of fruit as it becomes sweeter and darker, with perhaps a touch of cinnamon, on my skin – it’s quite nice. After a few hours, this has faded quite a bit and I am left with a breath of soft, fruity sweetness on my skin.

CDLXIV (464) - In the vial this is just a gorgeous strong caramel scent, though there is something behind it that is brighter, but I can’t place what it is. On my skin, rather than becoming sweeter, this starts to smell more like a burned caramel with a touch of coconut as it becomes a much more smoky scent; though there is still a touch of sweetness there. This fades slightly after a few hours on my skin to a smoky coconut-caramel smell on my skin, which isn’t as sweet as you’d suspect – it’s kind of like Red Lantern in that way. It’s a pity it doesn’t sweeten up – this might have to be another blend for my car diffuser!

Edited by kunoichi

CLXXXVI

Dry and floral. I'm not wonderfully up on flower notes, so I have no idea what I'm getting here. Probably neither rose nor lavender; it smells like a room that's been sprayed with something floral, or a bowl of pot pourri, that blend of quiet flowers with something warm and grounding behind them. I suspect there's a musk in this, as it's turning 'perfumey'; my skin has issues with musks. It's not red musk as far as I can tell. I wonder if it might be apple blossom?

Like my CT2, this won't be a keeper. I wish I'd remembered to buy more bottles, though!

ETA: It's dried down to The Perfumed Garden. I can't smell jasmine or fruit, the floral and the soft musk note have combined to produce exactly the same effect. I think it has to be the same musk as TPG.

Edited by Lady Ravenglass

DCCLXXVI

I purchased this imp from maijasu, curious about the one CT3 blend that she wasn't able to pick many notes out of.

Bad idea, self. Bad idea!

In the imp, it smelled like a Sugar Skull variant, and that made me excited. But, once I put it on? EW! Burning rubber? What is that?

Now that it's drying down, I still have the Sugar Skull smell (sugary with a hint of fruity), but I'm thinking there must be some sort of amber in here because now I smell like sugary/fruity baby powder. While some people may enjoy that... me? Not so much.

*sigh* Oh well, off to swaps with this guy. Hopefully the other CT3 imps I have (and have on the way), will suit me better.

DCCCXCI

In the imp: Dark. This is all woods and maybe deep patchouli. It’s earthy, yet dry. The boy likes it, so we apply it to my left wrist.

Wet on skin: Milder than I expected. Very, very woody. I’m getting that same cedar impression that I often get from all the dry woods.

Early dry down: Deep, deep, resinous woods with something mildly spicy poking up from below. The boy and I agree that we smell cedar and pine. We’re not sure what else. This is warm, rich, earthy, just really wonderful.

Late dry down: Along with the woods, I think this has a very subtle musk. It has developed the “light sweat on the skin/slight salty spice” way that the lab’s best musks do on me. This is to die for. Especially since tonight is cold, wet and gray. This feels like a fire and a snuggle. (Oh, and it smells delightful on the boy’s neck too!)

CCLV - 255

In the bottle - Sweet caramel and some sort of fruit, possibly some booze as well.

Wet on me - Strawberries and something green and tangy.

Dry on me - At first Strawberry Moon and then ashes (not uncommon on my skin) and then strawberry flavoured bubble gum :P .

Overall - I like this alot I just need to overcome the ash period, which isn't too long.

CLXXIII - 173

In the bottle - Not a clue, something soapy and possibly toasted coconut.

Wet on me - Light bright green, like the chorophyll of wet grass.

Dry on me - The green fades to powdery musk and then the vanilla comes out.

Overall - This is very reminiscent of Antique Lace in it's final stages and it's the perfect hot weather blend for me.

CMXXIX - 929

In the bottle - Berries and just a hint of liquorice.

Wet on me - Blackcurrant and menthol, I smell like a Tune :D

Dry on me - Dry and earth covered by rich sweet berries.

Overall - Midwinters Eve without the sugar and sparkle. Nice, very nice.

MLXVIII - 1068

In the bottle - Spicy furniture polish

Wet on me - Washing powder

Dry on me - For a long time this made me smell like a new born baby, before finally becoming a creamy 'custard musk' if such a thing could exist.

Overall - I love, love, love the dry down, but do I want to smell like a baby for a couple of hours before I get to it?

Edited by Ajila