Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

The Hesperides

The Hesperides are the Nymphs of the Evening who dwell in a verdant garden located in the Arcadian Mountains, guarded by the terrible three-headed dragon, Ladon. Within their garden lives the tree that bears Hera’s sacred Golden Apples. Their perfume is that of sturdy oak bark, dew-kissed leaves, twilight mist and crisp apple.

In the imp: an apple orchard
wet on the skin: apple orchard
dry on the skin: oh noes! I need to reapply every 4 hours.

This is a really nice scent. What is amazing about this one to me is how well they got the apple scent down - EVEN the skin. It's got a sort of texture to the scent, a depth that really enchants me. I like this scent because I could wear it under any occasion and love it. My only gripe is that it fades way too fast. I'm definitely going to get a big bottle of this one.

It was on my wishlist. I was searching something like be delicious from Donna Karan.

In the vial: Arghh! Very sharp and dry.

On me: The dry wood smell fades and sweet apple and fresh leaves smell appears (Thank god!).

I´m still thinking if I like it or not. The first stage is too much for me.

This seems like a fall scent to me. It is crispy and crackly, but also fresh. There is a note here that I have found in one or two of the halloween scents. I like it, but I don't know how much use it would really get from me.

Perhaps it's because I ordered this scent in the worst time of the year for apples (it came to me at the end of July), or maybe it was because of the stifling weather it was mailed in - can heat damage some oils?, but something in my imp smelled pretty rotten. To me it smelled like rotted apples. I got none of the woods, and no crisp fall goodnes. Still, I tested it, and although the rotten smell faded some and the woody scent came out a bit more, there was still some of the grossness that turned me off to it. I ended up throwing the imp out - I wasn't going to use it and since I felt the problem was with the imp and not my skin chemistry or nose, I didn't want to pass it along to some unsuspecting person. Perhaps I'll order another imp this winter and the weather will be on my side this time!

In the imp, it smells so apple yummy!

On my skin, it starts out pure apples - Red Delicious I'm thinking. This smells so fresh and awesome. I get a crisp, clear feeling. As the day wears on, a light woody note enters and puts the apple in the background. It's still a crisply sweet scent for me, but the wood grounds it a little more.

The only problem I have is that this one has faded significantly by lunchtime after being applied right before work.

Verdict: Crisp and fresh. I really enjoy this scent, even though it fades fast.

Wet: Whoa, apples! Then something a little nutty.

Dry: Musk and something sweet and grain-like. Reminds me of molasses and oats.

Duration: Still wafting at 8 hours.

A keeper.

This was a very fresh apple scent in the imp. To me it's a very sweet apple smell, maybe that's the background notes poking through. It's much different on my skin and becomes super sweet, but my skin tends to amp up the sweetness.

It's a very lovely green apple scent!

Jenn

I don't get the sugary sweetness that some reviewers have talked about, but rather a tart green apple, and something crisp and earthy. It reminds me of early October. Very, very nice :P

I wanted to love this scent, but it doesn't agree my chemistry at all. When wet, I get a tart, sharp scent that's almost acidic. Once it dries, it fades down to almost nothing, but it's still slightly sharp and reminds me of those green carmel apple suckers. Not what I want to smell like at all. Sad, but off it goes.

ETA - I was trying to enable a friend, and she liked this scent, so she tried it and it smelled great on her. Lightly apple, but not supersweet. I gave it to her, so my imp has a good home now.

Edited by morrigain

Very apple! It smells just like a golden delicious apple in the sun, picked right off the tree. I feel like I can smell the orchard. I like it and the more I smell it the more I like it. I am keeping this imp and maybe putting it on my wish list.

MMm...this another nice one!

In the bottle: Apples, apples, and more apples.

Wet: Fresh apples and some really nice soothing floral notes. Very nice.

Dry: Pretty much the same as before, this scent didn't morph at all. I just wish it lasted longer. I only got 4 or 5 hours out of it.

Final thoughts: I'm keeping the imp for sure! So pretty!

Very strong on the apples in this one. There's some wood underneath the appley scent, but not much. I think the scent is pretty but it smells an awful lot like that Salon Selectives shampoo I used about 15 years ago, so I wouldn't wear this as perfume.

In the vial: Overripe apples, green with a nutty overtone.

Wet: Odd. Apple stems and rotting apples. Cinnamon, dry cinnamon and clay-like apples.

Dry: Clay, rotting apples and their stems, wet falling apart wood.

Neh.

I was actually sad about this because I love Punkie Night and was looking for a catalog scent to be like it in case I can't get my hands on Punkie. :P

First off - Beth is teh best evar. (: I was looking at this one after I ordered and going "aww APPLES aww jeez, why didn't I get that," and then I got it as a frimp! YAY FOR BETH.

In the bottle it scared me a little - some soft apple, but lots and lots of nuttiness out of the bark. A very sharp, strong nut.

Wet, it was the same, although the nut went a bit softer. And with time, the nut faded out entirely - it was gone in 15 minutes - and the whole thing was tangy, delightful apple. Not quite like any apple I've actually eaten - it didn't necessarily have the juice I expected - but it was a sweet, dry apple, and I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist, and aww. So good.

Creamy, nutty and green candy apple when wet on skin. Reminds me of the fruity-type scent Fyrinnae keep getting wrong in their fragrance oils. Here, the fragrance notes are more separated, and the composition is more thoughtful throughout. A nice drydown to a comforting essential oil scent but not overly remarkable to me. Eventually, the Fyrinnae-like scent note bugged me enough for me to not mind getting rid of it.

Edited by mspixieears

first sniff: Apples. Crisp green apples that have a caramel sweetness to them.

wet: Caramel apples and a slight airy crispness. Within a few minutes the oak bark kicks in on my skin.

dry: The sweetness stays for several hours, then it's all oak, which is alright because I like wood notes and oakmoss. I wish the apple had lasted longer on my skin. However I have since used this in my locket, and that lovely apple note lasts for hours! :P

Thanks to GypsyRoseRed for the imp.

Imp: My notes read "incredibly true apple," and I don't think I could elaborate any better than that.

Skin: The oak accents appear shortly after application, and do a wonderful job of complimenting the sweetness of the apple, keep it from being overwhelming.

Drydown: This settles down very quickly on me, into a nice soft apple and oak blend. I don't really get any water or greenery from it, but it's lovely! I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but it's definitely something I want to wear come springtime or whenever I need something cheerful. I always associate apples with a sense of cheer for some reason.

Very appley. I'm impressed with how much it smells like a fresh, crisp apple. I just don't like wearing it much. I thought I would like to smell like an apple orchard, but I don't.

It DOES make a wonderful springtime room scent though. Feels like you have the windows open and your house is surrounded by apple trees.

This is my favorite apple scent EVAH, and I've tried almost every apple scent out there. It's very sweet, and Beth has done an amazing job of making it smell like an apple orchard as opposed to a single apple. It's a gleaming, juicy, red smell, and one of my everyday staples. :P

Edited by little_galaxie

In the imp, this reminded me of apple cider: slightly fermented apples with an earthy scent that I couldn't identify (probably the oak).

Immediately on application, this smelled like baked apples! A warm spicy red apple scent. Very lovely.

This didn't last very long on me...I applied before work and by 1pm it had entirely vanished.

golden apples..not the icky sour apple kind. a light almost late summer scent. i love this.

The only other apple blend I had tried when I got this was Punkie Night, and it was a disaster on me, so I was a little worried about my chemistry mucking with the apple note in general. The Hesperides proved me wrong, though. The apple in this was a realistic very ripe apple smell. When this was wet, the overwhelming impression I got was ripe apples and wood chips. Luckily, as it dried, the "wood chips" became more of a woody background, and the apple's sweetness toned down just a touch. This is lovely when it's dry.

Bottle: Omg. This is delicious. This smells like fall. And big, crisp, juicy apples.

Wet: This apple note is DELICIOUS. I can also smell the oak and the leaves. This smells like the most wonderful apple orchard ever or like a forest in a children's book or something.

Dry: The woody oak really deepens the scent but that apple is still there.

Overall: The Hesperides really smells like a misty forest full of apple trees- or lots of oak trees and one great tree full of the most amazing apples (well, they are Golden) ever. This is wonderful, and it deepens and gets warmer and better as the day goes on!

When I first got this imp I though 'huh' and tossed it aside. A couple of weeks later I dug it back out and tried again, and fell in love. I ordered a bottle.

Today, I wore it, and hot damn if it isn't a true Granny Smith apple on me. Not sweet, not cloying, no cinnamon or baked apple scent, or fake Jolly Roger candy apple. Pure, crisp, tart granny smith. I don't even like apple scents ('cept Creepy) but i LOOOOOVE this.

Perfect throw (not overpowering but you dont' have to put nose directly to wrist), doesn't change on my skin, BUT my skin eats it so I have to reapply every couple of hours. This has shot up into my GC Top Ten.