Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Donnababe

Best BPALs for SUMMER - is it hot, sweltering, sticky outside?

Even though I'll wear heavy florientals even if it's 110 out, my default "summery" scents are Aeval (clean sweet pea) and Voyeurs Among the Cherry Blossoms (soft cherry blossom).

I just tried Cheshire Cat and it's awesome as a summer scent. It's got a great, bright grapefruit that is tempered by gentle musk and currants. Extremely good and yummy.

aureus, depraved, banshee beat. i love dry, patchouli/woody smelling things in the summer. i dunno why. they aren't really "refreshing," but for some reason it works for me. i think patchouli smells better and better as you wear it in the heat. smells dirty :twisted:

Edited by ModderRhu

aureus, depraved, banshee beat. i love dry, patchouli/woody smelling things in the summer. i dunno why. they aren't really "refreshing," but for some reason it works for me. i think patchouli smells better and better as you wear it in the heat. smells dirty :twisted:

I'd have to agree. I've been wearing the Banshee all Summer. Banshee Beat + heat = magic

I really like Selkie during the summer months--I'm not usually too keen on aquatics, and this one feels very aquatic on me...but I loooove me some Selkie. :)

I loooooove fruity and sandalwoody scents in the summer. The heat makes them glorious in a way they aren't in the winter, when they seem to just hang on my wrists instead of expanding to fill the air around me. Also, the blast of sweetness is nice when you're sweating.

One of my favorite summer BPAL moments (that happens almost every day) is when I get in the car in the morning and the airconditioner blows my freshly-applied perfume from my wrists right at me, and I spend my entire car ride in nose heaven.

I've really been enjoying Kumiho, Dorian, and Mouse's LAST in the sticky Florida heat. It's pretty antithetical because it's such a heavy scent, but I also really like Hunger. I smell like a hothouse full of tropical blooms!

Madame Moriarty is smelling amazing in this heat right now. Although, when *doesn't* Madame Moriarty smell amazing?

Madame Moriarty is smelling amazing in this heat right now. Although, when *doesn't* Madame Moriarty smell amazing?

Have to second this. And I'm sure Moriarty smells great year-round, but I feel it's most fitting for summer and early fall especially.

I've been in the habit of putting Shango and Io in my hair over the course of this blistering hot summer. Shango for those 100+ degree days, Io for everything else.

I'm going to be getting a bottle of Ehecatl this summer, for all the 90-degree, humid weather we've been having (notes are: hibiscus, matcha, white musk and lime). I find it refreshing without being overly citrus-y.

I'm also a huge fan of Dragon's Reverie for hot days. It's lighter than some of the other Ars Draconis oils.

I think Great Vampire Bat will be a good summer scent -- it's very clean and fresh-smelling; and Enraged Orangutan Musk has always smelled like summer to me, with its orange blossom and musk notes.

Not sure why but Shadowy & Sublime is grabbing me this summer. The warm Moroccan amber wisteria white rose magnolia and mint is earthy and refreshing. Also Hod is pure awesomeness.

I've been veering away from my usual sweet summer scents this year. I do have to say Bones Trombone and Katharina are frikkin great though!

Anything with snow in it, Yellow Snowballs, Cloister Graveyard in the Snow (this one actually feels cool, from the mint?), Dust of Snow, Onduris, these are all very cooling.

Mad Hatter for places where bugs may roam.

Vampire Bride, Geisha in Orange Kimono Admiring a Samurai for orangey freshness

Polynesian Pop, Street Festival, The Vine, for general fruity goodness

Red, my new summer love, could not order a bottle of this fast enough

My Favs for How summer weather:

Elegba - GC

Glittering apple of the stars (weenies '12)

White chocolate, coriander, lemongrass, and almond cream (Box of Choc 2012)

Ladon - GC (though this is just good all the time)

Snow white - LE

Blossoms in Springtime - Shungas '12 (LE)

Y'Ha-Nthlei - GC

Mead moon (not nearly as cloying as O, but it's a nice sweet honey skin scent on me!)

This actually got me thinking about what scents I would prefer for EACH season!

Autumn:

Goblin Cider - GC Labyrinth

Halloween: las Vegas - LE

Vespertilio Proterus - Bats day '12

The Gorobble - weenies '12

Snake Oil - GC

Tombeur - Vamps don't sleep alone GC

Coral Snake - CD LE

Temple Viper - CD LE

Winter!

Beaver Moon '11 (LE)

Snake Oil - GC

Bliss - GC

Cathedral - GC

Love's Philosophy - LE (lupers...09?)

WILF - LE

Dorian - GC

Haunted - GC

Spring!

13 Hours - GC Labyrinth

Fairy Bite - GC Labyrinth

Phoenix at midnight - LE

Essence of Passion - BPTP Lupers '12

House of Night - GC

Sonnet De' Autumne - weebies '11 (even though it's a fall scent, this is something that I would wear in the spring!)

Green Tree Viper - CD LE

Habu - CD LE

It's hitting 99 degrees today (it was 88 when I left the house this morning!) and the freshness of Boober is really hitting the spot.

My heavy-rotation summer scents have been:

Tiki Princess

Obatala

Joyful Moon

Pirate Moon

Cheshire Moon

Great Vampire Bat

Although I still bust out my heavier scents like Snake Oil, which just feels super sultry! ;)

Edited by Glambie

I'm liking Tweedledee for summer. Really picky about my summer scents, though, because heat seems to magnify everything and perfumes can be smothering. I end up nauseated too often. Much though I love scents, if it's 90 or above I'm miserable anyway and am liable to avoid any scent, anywhere. :(

Last summer I think I wore Jerusalem Cherry Infused Honey, LULU7, and Knockout Drops a lot. So far I'm digging Body, Remember this summer. Definitely going to wear Banshee Beat in New Orleans next week though since I love it anyway and it's been recommended in this thread as a good summer scent!

My tastes are changing but I've been passing over my heavier loves lately for bright, bubbly and citrus.

My favorite for super sticky weather is Death of the Grave Digger. Normally mint and I don't play well, but it works here.

I'm also a huge fan of Bon Viviant and Skytyping with Chemtrails.

Edited by lucyboo21

I really love the light florals in the summer. It's been over 100 degrees here for the last week or so, and I've been sticking to Thalia (that champagne note is to die for in the heat), La Belle Au Bois Dormant, and Harlot in the evening (when it drops to the 90s, lol).