Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Donnababe

Best BPALs for SUMMER - is it hot, sweltering, sticky outside?

Squirting Cumber and Strangler Fig seemed very fresh to me. Too much so for my tastes, even.

Shango is super juicy and yummy. :D

Shango didnt work on me at all the first time I tried it, but maybe it was too old/new? What do you think?

Bummer =o. I love shango, but for my sister it turned into nasty syrup. May just be a skin chemistry issue, there :/

Squirting Cumber and Strangler Fig seemed very fresh to me. Too much so for my tastes, even.

I agree. I use Squirting Cucumber as my summer scent. It's really light and fun, like a salad. It's unique, but not an everyday thing for my personality. (I've yet to try strangler Fig)

This isn't exactly the same, but maybe Irrelevant and Disturbing Surreal Crawdad Dream would work? It's very dark, and heavy in a sense, but the blueberry note just makes it so -juicy- and I can't stop wearing it this summer.

Another scent I find myself slathering is Depraved. It's the greenest, rawest patchouli I've ever come across with the juiciest, stickiest apricot. It's just heaven on these muggy summer days. You have to like patchouli though. :D

Good luck with the wishlist :P

Yemaya has been mentioned above; I'd like to add the fresh juicy melon-ness that is Earth Rat!

I'm looking for some nice summery scents and wondering what gc or luperci scents would make for great summer scents that will entice my boy into some summer lovin' :lol:

L'Estate....warm, golden....but strong...but this may be hard to find as it was an LE from 08'.

I also find Serpents with glittering eyes and forking tongues to be fun and summery...and it's GC.

Also...Golden wave or any of the tikis..summer drinks (alcoholic) in a perfume

Edited by Dark Alice

From the current Luperci:

Dia White amber, coconut, white musk, oakmoss, and tobacco flower.

Coconut is not always tropical in BPAL scents but this will be light, musky and very fresh in my opinion.

Philommeides Peach wine, carnation, lemon peel, osmanthus, blood orange, wood violet, and tuberose.

Fresh, light and fruity with a bit of citrus and floral. I'm not sure what the wine part of the peach is but it might make it a bit more nighttime friendly.

Both strike me as very summery and light and clean. The entire Ode to Aphrodite looks light for the most part and not very resinous. The Shungas are good for refreshing florals and teas.

From the GC:

Machu Picchu Sweet tropical fruits burst through deep, wet rainforest boughs, enormous steamy blossoms, over thin mountaintop breezes, mingled with the soft, rich golden scent of Peruvian amber.

It smells a bit humid and hot. It's very sensual but the fruit adds a bit of needed playfulness.

Sundew A carnivorous enchantress: diverse, lovely and graceful, emitting a sticky, glowing golden, sweet and terminally inviting scent. Its dew is believed to grant eternal beauty and longevity, and restore vitality and vigor to the magician.

Sort of a rich, citrus-touched amber. It's citrus without being acidic or sharp.

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente Soft, lush myrtle and dry, sweet melilot with wild rose, pomegranate juice and peach blossom against a background of deep aquatic notes and a twirl of melancholy autumn breezes.

I know they say autumn breezes, but this is a beautiful aquatic-fruit scent touched with florals. It's very womanly and bright.

Schrodinger's Cat tangerine, sugared lime, pink grapefruit, oakmoss, lavender, zdravetz, and chocolate peppermint.

It's an experiment, to say the least. It dries down differently on everyone but most people find it to be a sweet, fizzy herbal citrus.

Jailbait Sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops smeared over a breath of heady womanly perfume.

It smells EXACTLY like bubblegum. Young, carefree and very fun. Intense throw.

The Mock Turtle's Lessons blurry aquatic notes, with a confusing, contrary splort of iris, ambrette, green apple, vodka, white mint and a squish of lime.

It's like a summer cocktail!

Caliban The scent of the salty seas, bittersweet wine, palm and tropical ferns.

Bright and green with a sort of tropical bent.

During summer I like to wear:

Aizen-Myoo: Yuzu, kaki, and mikan with cherry blossom and black tea.

Absinthe: An intoxicating blend containing wormwood essence, light mints, cardamom, anise, hyssop, and the barest hint of lemon.

They both are light and fresh and work for me even when it's hot and humid, when other scents feel too heavy easily.

I also like to wear

Kabuki: a luxuriant, exotic blend of cherry, red musk, and star anise when I like it a bit more fruity- the anise keeps it from being sticky sweet; and

Perversion: Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka- which smells light and somewhat coconutty on me (with lots more going on underneath, but the feeling fits).

They're all from the GC btw.

Manila is very summerish ^_^

it smells like the jungle when it's the morning has started and the blooms are flowering

Swan Maiden is a perfect summerscent cause of the Monoi

and you can defenitly smell this on your skin and around you when you use it :heart:

Marcilla is also good, because of the very light smell of peaches

Hope and Faith are both very sexy and light enough for hot days :wink:

from the Aphrodites I would go for Eristrophia :laugh:

Edited by lunaticana

Gennivre!!!! Sigh. I can't really wear it any other time of the year, because it actually makes me feel too blissfully summer-day lazy! It's just the most beautiful mellow summer's day in a bottle, I can't recommend it enough! :wub2:

I just tried Embalming Fluid in the 80-degree heat of March in North Carolina, and it's wonderfully fresh and bright, and most importantly, light. It's not overwhelming at all! Can anyone give me any more from the GC that won't drown me in scent during the summer? Stuff with citrus would be a major plus.

I'm looking for a summer scent too...

but I don't like sweet scents, lavander, mint, amber, vanilla and star anise...

what could possibly suit me?

I've been planing to order Embalming Fluid and Aizen Miyo (?), but Squirting Cucumber sounds nice too... any other ideas for a fresh, non-sweet nor minty scent?

I'm looking for a summer scent too...

but I don't like sweet scents, lavander, mint, amber, vanilla and star anise...

what could possibly suit me?

I've been planing to order Embalming Fluid and Aizen Miyo (?), but Squirting Cucumber sounds nice too... any other ideas for a fresh, non-sweet nor minty scent?

Do you like ozone? It's tangy and fresh, kinda like citrus but not sweet. If so, Tempest, Lightening, Sea of Glass, and Ether would be scents to look into.

My favorite summer scents are:

Alice
(Mad Tea Party) - Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

Lovely for spring or summer, makes me feel clean and fresh. I can't usually wear rose, but I can wear this.

Maiden
(Ars Amatoria) - White tea, carnation and Damask Rose.

Similar to
Alice,
but less sweet - more clean/sharp. Another rare rose blend that I can actually wear - it's the carnation that's the stand-out, giving it a green, crisp, almost peppery quality.

Sudha Segara
(Bewitching Brews) - Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia.

The ginger in this is lemony, and it's a very light scent. Refreshing.

Kumiho
(Diabolus) - A sharp, biting blend of crisp white tea and ginger.

Another one where the ginger is citrus-y. Very fresh.

Edited by Apple

Tokyo Stomp. I LIVE in that scent during the hot summer, and i'm talking 100+ California summer. It's perfect. The Lick it line also works, but I like Tokyo stomp just a little bit more.

I like Phantasm, Lick it, Kumiho and Shanghai.

Clean citrus and tea or light mint.

If you like cucumber, squirting cucumber is really fresh.

shoggoth, obatala, ochosi, yemaya, ashlultum. philommeides, phobos

Oh, and just because I have it on at the moment and it's lovely: Delirium. Its apple, rose and lemon. Now, when I first tried it, lab-fresh, it smelled like pink dishwashing liquid on me, but I let it age with the rest of my imps and re-tested it just now. The apple is a fresh green apple, and the lemon is lemon rind: the two combine to make something very sharp and fresh. The rose comes in to sweeten everything up. I'm visualizing this huge petally rose with slices of green apple dusted with lemon zest. It's great.

A quick bump, 'since it ain't long til summer! :wub2:

I have a HUGE reserve of Skin Trip coconut body lotion that I recieved as "gifts" (long story :lol:) a few years ago, and I'm wearing it every day. I find that Obatala, with its creamy aquatic-coconut-vanilla fragrance melds very well with it and makes me feel summery all over :joy:

GC summer favorites:

Rosalind: a hint of berry (like Body Shop's old Dewberry scent) smothered in sun-warmed, recently mown grass.

The Zieba Tree: the orange and lemon blossoms give it a citrus-y feel, and the musks and everything else make it shimmer as though you're looking at things through the swirling heat coming off of pavement on a steamy day

Vixen: the patchouli, orange blossom and ginger combo smells almost sweaty and super sexy

Shanghai: on my skin, there don't seem to be any base notes in this one - it's all bright tea and lemon verbena

Tweedledee: citrus candy. nuf said!

Embalming Fluid! (If the name is holding you back, fear not - it's all lemony-and-lightness, and as refreshing as a sparkling Limonata.)