Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
inkheart

LuLu Guiness Cast A Spell - Anything Similar?

Here's the situation. I recently purchased the fragrance "Cast A Spell" by LuLu Guiness, and I have been IN LOVE from the very first. It is my definition of absolute perfection. I was wondering, naturally, if BPAL had anything similar, since getting the scent I love name brand is MUCH more expensive. To help you out, here are the main "notes" in the fragrance.

Dark Berries, Frosted Blackberry Pulp, Mulberry, Red Currant, Iced Lavender, Lilac Petals, Davana Blossoms, Black Velvet Fig, Amber, Bourbon, White Patchouli.

Thanks to any fine folks who help me out!! :P :D

Perhaps Lurid might work? It has currant, lavender, & white musk. I find that it is a lovely complex berry floral scent. Sweet and lovely really. Good luck on your search!

if i remember correctly, it kind of smells like a cross between lolita lempicka and angel? i hope i am thinking of the right one. anyway, xiuhtecehtli reminds me quite a lot of both of those, especially angel. maybe that's just my skin chemistry though...

:P I somehow missed Lurid in the catalog--now I want some! That sounds like a good match.

I thought this thread was going to be about a perfume called LuLu that I seem to vaguely recall from the '80s...I don't know why my brain retained the commercial. Voiceover: "LuLu, is it you?" Glamorous Frenchwoman: "Oui, c'est moi". :D

Lurid, a very nice scent. No idea what 'Cast a Spell' smells like, but I'd definitely recommend Lurid for someone who likes those notes.

however, Lurid has black currant, not red currant. I don't know the difference. :P

Xiuhtecuhtli smells nothing like Lurid to me, but it's good too.

you might also want to try Blood Countess -

Elizabeth Báthory, also called Erzsébet Báthory in Hungarian and Alžbeta Bátoriová-Nádašdy in Slovak, was the Bloody Lady of Hungary. In order to preserve her youth and loveliness, the brutal and incomparably savage countess captured, tortured and slaughtered innumerable young women and bathed in their blood as part of her beauty regimen. Ah, vanity. Corrupted black plum, smoky opium and crumbling dead roses covered by a deceptive veil of Hungarian lilac, white gardenia and wild berry.

Sign in to follow this