Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

I seem to have a habit of being the first poster of a each page, but anyway.

In the bottle and wet, this is very odd to me. There are peaches obviously, but I smell anise as well. It isn't unpleasant but I'm not sure what it could be.

As it dries, the peach and I think heliotrope amp up and linger for a very long time. I feel like a human incense burner the way this scent wafts on me, but Fae isn't incensey, just a fruity floral. The oakmoss and bergamot give it a bite on my skin, and the musk is the bottom note that lasts for a full day and then some.

I'm another of Fae's converts. It's beautiful and I see it becoming my stand-by scent. In fact, a 5mL is coming in my next order (which should arrive tomorrow or Thursday, yay). Thumbs up for Fae!

I got an imp of Fae a long time ago, right when I first started buying BPAL. I expected to love it because I love all the notes except oakmoss, which is hit or miss. I put it on and thought it was overwhelmingly sweet and fruity, like candy. Also it seemed super strong. I kinda shrugged and put it in the back of my imp box, and I've never worn it again until I got it out to write this review.

I have no frickin' idea why I thought it was like candy. I have it on right now, and I don't smell anything like what I remember. It's a beautiful musky heliotrope scent with the bergamot sweetening it up and a little bit of peach playing around the edges. It's really lovely, and I feel like a huge fool for letting it sit at the back of my imp box all this time. This is exactly the sort of scent that I love to wear in the springtime. It's bright, cheery, and pretty.

And it has graduated to the "LOVE" compartment of my imp box. :P

In the vial - Peach and bergamot….very rich and citrusy

Wet - Peach is very strong

Dry - Super sweet peach - smells like I rubbed a peach on my skin

Later - Faded pretty quickly. Nothing really interesting left. Off to swap.

Can't believe I haven't posted a review of this one!

Let me start by saying that I am not normally a fan of peach scents. It's not that I dislike the smell of peach; quite the contrary, in fact. It's just that peach scents usually smell kind of cheap to me. I guess I associate them with drugstore body mists or something. Peach just smells very common, in my (obviously rather snobbish) opinion.

Fae is NOT just a peachy scent, at least not on me. Peach is in there, yes, but you wouldn't smell it and go, 'Huh. Peach.' Regrettably I find it very difficult to separate the other notes and say which are dominant, how they affect each other, etc. - it's too well-blended. All I can say is that this fragrance is sparkling, refreshing, and yet by no means all lightness and brightness. This is like the little dappled gems of sunlight that make their way through a dense forest to glint on dewdrops on the ground below. That kind of sparkly.

Fae is the scent I reach for whenever I want to smell feminine and pretty. It's juicy, soft, and effervescent all at the same time. On me, peach is the star, with all the other notes making it something truly beautiful.

In the vial: Kool Aid??!?!?! Man, this is taking me back to childhood....I have a good premonition this will morph into something scrumptious!

On the skin: Yup! I was right! Almost instantly this transforms into an olfactory experience in perfect alignment with its namesake. Smells like pixie dust, faerie magick, and ethereal delight! Soft musky, with a little peach...I can't explain it, but it smells glittery and sparkly and feminine! I love this one - it will be getting tons of wear from me! I feel like a little spritely wood nymph when I put this one on! Great throw, long lasting, amazing scent that surpasses all my expectations....Perfect! 5 out of 5!

Most light smells either get soaked up in my skin right away, or "turn" on me somehow. Fae was gorgeous.

In the bottle, it smelled like a sweet wine. Crisp and bubbly and golden - a little peach, maybe nectarine.

Wet - white musk/fruit.

Dry - simply sparkling. Gold and green, like other posters have said. A great spring/summer scent.

Definitely enjoyed - might be up for a big bottle.

I have noticed that any scent that has ANY musk in it, the musk pops out right away. I love musk, and normally I would not mind, but it overpowers the other smells so that they do not stick around as long as I would like :-(

4.5/5

Very pretty!

In the vial: light, fizzy orange and peach! Very fruity!

Wet on skin: the same. Then the white musk starts to come out.

Dry on skin: still fizzy and orange/peach fruity, light and delicately musky. A light, young daytime scent. It lasts well and doesn't morph.

IN THE IMP: Rotten, mucky peach. (Blends often smell kind of funky in the imp to me.)

ON MY SKIN: Peach and fresh spiky something (probably the bergamot); very fresh and sweet and clean. This burns my skin a little bit, but nothing to worry about. The peach is most evident, with a general sort of background of greenery. I can’t pick out individual notes very well, other than the peach.

LATER: This is bright, clean, and sweet, but not overly so – it’s very refreshing and crisp, and a little bit girly. LOVE.

In the imp, very light and ethereal. A shining scent, if scents could shine. I can definitely pick out the peach for sure.

On it conjures up the image of laying in the shade of a forest on a warm, sunny spring day with a bushel of peaches near you! Very warm and comforting.

A bright, spring scent. Warm and shining, which I think is the heliotrope. A sweet juicy peach sitting in the warm sun. Definitely a spring scent for me, and also an instant mood lifter! Gorgeous!

This was my first BPAL fragrance ever - and I ordered a 5ml the first time because after a three month exhaustive review of the notes mentioned in the descriptions, I decided it was least likely to turn all funky on my skin. For example, lots of things with orange blossom or lemon notes make me smell like a wet, skunk-sprayed dog. I was uber cautious ordering this, but here's what I thought about my NEW FAVORITE SCENT EVER!

Wet: Oakmoss and Bergamot jump out first, followed by a peachiness with shades of apricot.

5 Mintues: The musk comes out, but is tempered by the peach, ending up slightly spicy yet elusive

1 hour: After getting settled on my skin, the peach mellows out the bergamot and oakmoss nicely, leaving a slightly woodsy almost tart scent.

End of the Day: You can still smell it, though faintly, and most of what is left smells like oakmoss and crushed herbs.

What it reminds me of: Picking peaches at a run-down orchard in Palisade, CO. The trees rubbed right up against the mesas with their sagebrush and cacti. Fae has this slight, elusive skin-musk spice that combines with the tart-sweet of the peach making it both wilesome and innocent. I love it!

The best part? The hubby loves it more than any commercial brand I have ever tried. YAY! :P

i grew up with plenty of books and references to the "fae" (or "fey") .. mostly because my mom's name is Faye... and faeries/gnomes/etc were her thing for a bit in the late 70's.

i've had this for awhile and not gotten around to reviewing it, so here goes:

sniff: a citrussy-sweet kool-aid sort of smell. reminds me a bit of The Hamptons.

skin: REALLY still reminds me of The Hamptons, but slightly warmer and sweeter.

i hate artificial peach scents (and most natural peach scents, too) and oakmoss can be very overpowering -- but i don't really notice either one here.

after all this time in BPAL, i'm still not entirely sure what heliotrope smells like, but the white musk and bergamot i do know...

i've got some SN White Musk, so i'm definitely feeling that, and some bergamot (but the good kind. not the Fruity Pebbles kind)

i can see this as being one of the BPAL that's good for someone new or just transitioning into the magical world that is BPAL (not that it is simple or bad, don't misunderstand me! just that it isn't scary or altogether different from "normal" perfumes-- but better)

final sniff, several hours later:

somewhere between The Hamptons and Tamora is where Fae lives. and it is a happy place. :P

white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss

This starts off really kind of.. ackward and artificial smelling to me, which is not something I have ever really encountered in my BPAL adventures. I think the notes just needed some time to settle on my skin because about.. 10-15 minutes in, it turns really natural and pretty. This smells like.. (what I imagine) drinking champagne by a row of peach trees, next to a garden at sunset smells like. It is sweet and bubbly and light and.. floral enough to make it ultra feminine without being over the top, a lovely blend, would be especially nice in the spring and summer I think.

peaches and.....peaches and....

licorice? musk?

This is a sparkly, fruity scent, but not cloying or sticky-sweet in any way. The ripe juicy peaches are balanced from being too cutesy-fruitsy by the complementing herbal and floral notes, and the white musk is like a slowly-blinking lover's gaze.

This is smooth, soft, and attractive. I don't think I would wear it often, but it's pretty and young.

Definitely a scent for a teenage girl to try, when she's sick of less-sophisticated fruity-fresh commercial perfumes. If I was in high school, I'd snag me a boyfriend with Fae!

3.7 out of 5

Fruit, and woods, and something green I can't identify. It's the most amazing faerie scent, and really lives up to the "ethereal".

Edited by AmandaKay

In the imp- a slightly sharp generic stone fruit (peach, plum, something like that)

On skin, wet: Sweet, smooth, and "peachy keen", as my mother used to say.

Drydown: I used to have this facial scrub that had ground-up peach stones in it (they were supposed to help exfoliate). Fae smells so much like that scrub that I keep expecting it to feel rough on my skin. I can't pick out any other note than peach, to be honest. It has quite good staying power and a little throw, but not enough to make it obnoxious.

Verdict: Not unpleasant in any way- in fact, completely inoffensive- but it's not "me" at all.

In the bottle: Sparkling peach and oakmoss.

Wet: Same as in the bottle. Peach comes clearly forth. I don't get much white musk - all of the elements I detect smell like the fruits section of a market. This is sort of how I thought Fairy Market would smell, actually.

Dry: Still retains the same smell. It hasn't morphed much so far. It really makes me crave peaches.. I can taste peaches when I smell this. The oakmoss is making it a very teensy bit spicy and not 100% peach. But I like the two together. It's very youthful. It does remind me of faeries. Playful and bright.

A Little Bit Later: This isn't a generic fruity scent. It's quite like smelling all of the actual notes in their natural form on top of each other, like in a bowl. I liked it a lot, so I bought a bottle. :P

Oh goodness! I like this a lot! I picked it because I really love the white musk/apricot combo in Katharina, and I thought this might work similarly well! It does and I am happy!

On me it is an beautiful floral ever-so-slightly-spicy PEACH smell deepened by musk. The white musk makes sure that the fruit melds well with my skin chemistry. Commercial scents with a strong fruit note are cloying, generic, and artificial on me, but Fae is wonderful (I swear! I looooove white musk!). It fits so well that when I sniff my wrist I almost believe that I naturally smell this good and peachy...and am a little tempted to bite my arm.

Not sure if I will get a big bottle...but I love it, and can imagine having withdrawals when I finish my imp.

I totally agree with TrailerTrashPrincess that this would be a blend for someone new to bpal.

I really looked forward to this one! It IS a sweet, pretty, sparkling peach fragrance, but something about it is a little much for me. I might have applied too much, but there is something in here that makes me feel a little queasy when I smell it. Maybe it is just too sweet? I'll have to try it again in less amount to see if it still makes me feel nauseous.

Fae is a lovely, sweet, ethereal scent. It initially seems to transcend any particular note, but if I focus on breaking it down I tend to smell a lot of the bright, fresh, near-citrus bergamot. It keeps the peach note from becoming too sticky or fuzzy. Instead those two notes combined with the oakmoss and musk give this an innocent, playful, flighty, outdoors, sunlight sort of essence. Fae, indeed.

In the Bottle: I don't know why it took me so long to review this one as I love it so. Bergamot, heliotrope, peach

On Me: The bergamot rises to the top, like a grey big cup of Lady Grey tea. The Heliotrope and peach make it sweet and pretty, with the musk and oakmoss keeping it green and fresh. LOVE this scent. Love it. Need a 5ml

This is another case of the labbies knowing us better than we do, as Fae was a frimp in my last order. :P

In the imp: fresh, fruity, almost effervescent.

Wet: Peachy!

As it dries, the peach is sweetened up and deepened all at once. It's hard to pick out the non-peach notes, and I'm familiar with some of them.

This is a perfect scent for Spring!

In the bottle: Peach, bergamot, flowers (heliotrope?). Quite sweet.

Wet: Still very sweet, candy-like. More musk and heliotrope. I can smell hints of the woodsy oakmoss too. The peach is the overwhelming note, however.

Dry: This has softened to a light musky peach with a hint of oakmoss. I mourn the dissipation of the heliotrope. Fortunately the peach has faded alot on me, so it's not so much PEACH PEACH PEACH.

Summary: Overall, the oil is much less potent, which is good in this particular case. At first I thought this was going to be way too foody/fruity for me, but peach is the one fruit that seems to be able to twist my arm...the musk and oakmoss ground the peach in the long run nicely, enough for me to stand the sweet, ripe fruit.

In the imp: Fruity floral. Tempered a little, by something green.

Wet on skin: Strong fruit! Peach, but obscured by something, I guess the citrus-y bergamot?

Drying: All PEACH. Well, nearly. Some sweet depth, but really mostly the peach. Girly. At least it's a fairly real peach, and not the fake-peach flavor you find in candies and some tea.

Later: While really strong at first, fades a bit and stays close to skin at the end. Now, about 3 hrs later, very faint peach.

This is a nice scent, if I want to smell like extremely young, fruity, girly peach. I'm not really sure how often that will be... But, it could be because there's snow falling and I can't effectively imagine an early July, summery, cheerful day that I'm not in love right now. Maybe I'll hang onto Fae until I can try it then.

Edited for formatting.

Edited by Pika

This smells lovely in the imp. Light, airy, golden, and sweet! The only note that worries me a little is the oakmoss, but I didn't even notice it on first sniff. Of course, who knows what will happen when this hits my skin...

Ok, wow, this is lovely! It's the perfect peach! Not too sweet or cloying, a little complex, earthy, sparkling...yum! This is a perfect spring and summer scent! :P

Edited by Suu4LC