Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In bottle: palest yellow, thin liquid. Fruity (pear?peach?) sweet.

Wet: Fruitiness continues, gets touch of spicy floral then opens up with some very airy topnotes. I’ll be very interested to see where this goes. It’s making my mouth water.

Dry: stays fruity and open but warms up a bit. Fully dry get a buttery spicy musk as background to the fruit and crisply airy notes on top while the pear begins to weaken. It’s a fun scent to track.

Later: fruit leaves completely leaving a warm soft spicy musk undernote to the occasional whiff of ozone.

Summary: Very pleasant, but not obsessively so (yet?) will finish imp and see what that leads to.

I can instantly pick up the peach from this, it is delicious! I can also pick up a faint lemon scent which goes very well with the peach, thankfully. Generally I have issues with lemon as it doesn't seem to do very well with my body chemistry. This reminds me of sweet citrus candy or something I've eaten before but cannot fully place. I tested this after Endymion and it is an excellent follow-up!

In the imp: a bright sweet scent with a citrussy tang.

On skin: almost all bergamot at first, it's a very sweet lime or lemony scent. After a while the peach note comes out, which to me smells very much like apricot, or apricot jam. The white musk adds a smoothness to the fruity scents, and although I can't really pick out the scent of the oakmoss, I think it's adding a subtle earthiness to the fragrance. This is a sweet and juicy sort of perfume, but it's not for me. I don't think my skin likes BPAL's peach notes.

Imp: STRONG. I don't know what I'm smelling, but it's strong.

Swiped on the wrist: Faint, faint peaches. But they're ripe, and ready to fall off the tree...

Ten minutes: It may be the Shub-Niggurath that's on the back of my hand, but I can only smell the peaches if I press my nose right up against my skin.

I'll have to give this another try all on its own. It's very nice, if only it would last on me, or perhaps get a little stronger.

My first BPAL scent ever!

In the bottle: Sweet, ladylike, with a hint of something citrus-y.

On me: ....*sigh* I smell like a little old lady in a home. The citrus is gone, and I think it's the white musk (not so good with notes) that is overwhelming.

Freshly applied, Fae smells like peaches with a kick of bergamot, but almost immediately it starts to waft... mosquito repellent. Strange, I've tried and liked everything but oakmoss, so Fae ought to work. When I smushed my nose to my hand, I got a delicate, sweet scent and mosquito repellent. Same thing happened last night. I'm hoping that it's just that I've got my period because I don't remember Fae smelling like this before, although maybe that's why this was at the bottom of my imp box. Regardless, Fae's gone in a half hour.

I got this as a frimp. Lately I have been more interested in fruity scents so when I opened the lid and my first impression was Kool-Aid fruit punch, I was like, cool.

As it dries a floral comes out, a soft sweet floral that isn't cloying or soapy. Heliotrope, you and I are going to be friends. I'm very much relieved to learn that bergamot and I can get along. There is an unidentified citrus floating around in certain BPAL blends that makes some scents go rancid smelling on my skin. Thank Mab it's not bergamot because right now I am loving this so much that I need a bottle!

*slather*

As it dries more I can detect the musk, but oh it's so divine.

:P

I will start by saying Fae is one of my absolute favorite BPAL oils. It satiates my need for all things musk in addition to keeping my oil collection from being too.. well... musky. Smelling this out of the bottle, it's very fruity and spicy. If definitely makes me think of mischevious and energetic little faeries! :P

When I put it on, the musk really starts to develop and adds a soft powdery scent onto the fruitiness. Peach and musk go really well together, as already proven by Avon's Peach Musk scent (which I also really adore!). Fae is an absolutely divine combo of musky and fruity. The musk makes it sexy, the fruit makes it playful. It makes me feel confident and flirty! Fae seems ideal for warm summer nights out with the gals or in with the man. :D

Mmm, Fae. <3

At first this a sweet fruity scent, but the musk or combination of light fruit and musk (I think this is it...) in it makes it go very acrid on my skin. It's a shame because I thought this would be a nice, light scent for me. The fae are now off to find a better resting place...

Note to self: Fruit and white musk smells like BO on my skin.

Thank you, self.

The peach is strong, beautiful and juicy, and yes the white musk is sparkling. I can see why she is so well loved, but alas, my skin does not agree.

I was digging through my frimps today for something to wear to Easter dinner, cause let's face it, I'm not a pastel Easter scent type of gal, and I came upon this one.

Surprisingly, I really liked this one at first. It's very sparkly. Like fizzy pink mocktails.

Sadly, withing about ten minutes, it did that generic berry thing that anything remotely fruit/berry/champaca flower (how that fits, I have no idea) does on me. Once the berry note faded, it was a sweet musky scent that reminded me a bit of Smut.

I'll have to scent locket this one, cause I REALLY liked the fizzy peach mocktail stage.

mmm so pretty! i gave thi to my daughte for her birthday and she loves it! perfecy summery light little girl type scent.

Wet: Sparkly citrus candy

On me: Mm, orange. A juicy orange. An organic orange perfectly ripe, perfectly cultivated, eaten on a hot sticky summer day.

A very natural, succulent orange. I don't get the other notes, but I don't need to. I love this.

Fae. I love, love, love, :P this scent! It sparkles, and it's warm. It keeps close to my skin, which is a bit of a disappointment. I wish it had more throw! It's mostly peach and musk on me, which is okay, though I get an occasional whiff of bergamot and the oakmoss lends depth. It's beautiful!

In the imp: oooh. Light, peachy, girly.

On me, wet: light and peachy and weirdly chemical. Something in this does not like my skin chemistry.

On me, dry: very sweet light peaches and a floral I assume is heliotrope, since it's not bergamot. Kind of sugary.

Verdict: I think it's a little too sweet for my taste, but whatever was the skin chemistry problem, it went away. Still, swaps.

I got this as a frimp, and although I don't mind fruity florals - they're about the only florals I'll wear - I'm very cautious of bergamot as it has a nasty habit of turning sour on my skin.

In the imp: Sweet fruity floral with a touch of musk.

Wet: Pretty much the same.

Drydown: Oooh there's the oakmoss! Oakmoss is the only green note I like so I'm quite happy that's it's noticeable in this. It's not the dominant note, the peach and heliotrope is at the forefront, but it's most definitely there. A fruity floral that's also a little earthy and green. I like this a lot more than I thought I would, but I'm still wary of the bergamot.

Dry: Mainly peach now, with touch of heliotrope and musk, and a little bergamot adding a little tartness. The oakmoss is fading rather quickly now. It's light, sweet but not sickly sweet, and it makes me smile. It's a happy scent. It has good throw too, but I'm not sure it's going to last long on me.

After an hour: Soft musky peach with just a hint of floral. It's maybe a little powdery but it works with this. It reminds me a little of Dorian too, I guess that's the musk. Dorian is one of my faves and I love musk so I'm not complaining.

This is way lighter and more feminine than what I normally like, but like it I do. I feel this imp will get a lot more use in a few months when the weather warms up. Today it's 10C, grey, drizzling and windy - not really the weather for Fae!

Wow, I've never smelled an oil like this before. Oftentimes, bpal oils (to my nose, at least) sometimes have a common denominator which makes them distinctly bpal. But this one is in a category all its own. I'm not quite sure how peach and oakmoss get along, but they do. I'm not usually a fan of citrus, and therefore not a fan of bergamot (which has that citrusy "bite" to it), but it brightens Fae wonderfully here. I'm always sad that i can't pick up on heliotrope in oils, but that's resolved here. Overall, a loverly scent...but over time, i do notice it stays a bit too candy-ish for my tastes, is not musky enough and therefore, not something that "speaks to me." However, it is something I'd love to sniff now and then to lift my spirits and most definitely a candidate for bathtime or other household scenting needs. Very pretty.

So NATURAL peach-y and fresh and summery and sparkly. I want a bottle of this, like, now. :P The madre had been complaining that all my scents were too fake and candy-like (though, mind you, this is a woman who can look at a delectable cake and say 'meh', so.) I put Fae on, and she could not stop huffing my wrist. Seal of approval from all!

Fae is gorgeous! On me, it's mostly peach with a little bit of citrus, a little bit of musk, and a hint of floral in the beginning. It's a good scent and one I think even non-BPAL fans would like.

fae is a good name for this scent (on me) in that in the imp and on my skin it is a wispy, ephemeral peachy scent....after a while, though, the muskiness comes out a bit and the scent strengthens a wee bit, but it is still very very very light and..we...fae on me. Which isn't a bad thing....I am just used to peach scents that would knock you out. Surpsingly, despite its lightness it has lasted a long time, too. Not very much throw at all, but I think I am gonna keep this one.

It is my favorite of the three peachy/ apricot ones I have tried (katharina, Algaea and Fae) and doesn't have any weird undertones. Might be nice for layering with Snake oil, too!

I wasn’t really impressed by Fae when I first put it on. It was cologne-y. I just shrugged it off and hoped it would get better. And better it got! The musk simply grounds Fae while the bergamot brings a mellowness. The heliotrope and peach confuse my nose. I get a blending of floral and fruit. I’m not complaining though! It’s a wonderful combination.

On me, at the four-hour mark, the bergamot note takes on a darker, musky floral instead of the peachy heliotrope. Fae is green and tingly in the beginning though. Not tingly on your skin, but tingly in your head. It’s just, well, bright and happy. It’s perfect for making a dreary day much more cheery.

In the imp: Very peachy & can smell the white musk here. Very girly & sweet.

Wet on skin: This really is very peachy on my skin. I can smell the white musk & the bergamot too.

Dry on skin: Yep. Peaches & white musk with a little someone extra that makes it have a creamy roundness.

Overall: This is nice & pretty. Seems to have quite a lot of throw. It's very innocent & girl & although I like this I'm not sure if it's me. I may use the imp but I don't think it's a bottle candidate.

Edited by Mixxi

etheral is an awesome discription of this scent! In the bottle I smell the white musk (which is the only musk I've liked so far) and a little peach. I was very excited that I liked the bottle smell because I was nervous when I ordered it. When I tried it on it smelled even better!! My boyfriend even smelled my and said I smelled good. hehe. This is a very light and bright scent and stayed on my skin a surprisingly long time. I decided to buy a whole bottle and am eagerly waiting for its arrival!