Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

In the imp: Bright juicy peaches, with a hint of bitterness underneath.

Wet: Mmmm, peach juice!

Dry: The peach scent dies back a bit, allowing a greener, darker scent to come through. This is the whole peach tree,not just the fruit.

Delicious!

Aaaaaaack! PEACHES! This is probably the juiciest and sweetest fruit I've ever smelled in a perfume. Heck, it's sweeter than most real peaches... I also get a bit of bitterness, perhaps from the oakmoss, the tiniest bit of bergamot (almost lost under the PEACHES), and the heliotrope which makes it even sweeter. This is so sweet and juicy I almost don't like it.

On my skin, this oil is very BRIGHT. It stays fresh and juicy until it fades away. It's a nice smell, but a bit too pure PEACH for me to reach for too often.

rating: 3/5

I have to agree with someone earlier who mentioned that there seems to be a citrus note to this scent. Unlike the other BPAL peach scents I've tried. Definitely moss in the background. I'm having a hard time describing the overall scent though...it's actually not very peachy to me at all. It more refreshing citrus but with a definite musk in there giving it a warm feeling.

I love my weird skin chemistry.

This is definitely a fruity, girly, delicious summery scent. I do smell mostly peach, but it's a different peach than the one in Aglaea (which I also love). It's not quite as sweet and juicy, more crisp. I can't pick out the other notes but can say that it's a lovely blend and one that will be in my regular lineup of scents to wear just about anytime. :P

At first Fae was all sweet peach candy and I was not especially liking that scent. But it mellowed out, and now it's a peachy floral and not quite as candy-like. Much better, and not as child-like. As I'm typing this I can get whiffs of if off my arm and am really enjoying it. Def a nice fruity one that I would probably only wear on weekends running errands or as a bedtime scent. I could also see making this one into a lotion.

In the imp: Very cold peaches. I wonder what gives it that "cold" edge?

On me: This is interesting - definitely peaches, and something reminding me of ice or snow. Frozen peaches, or peaches in an icy cold rain. Very cold and refreshing

Dry: Almost a minty edge around the peaches without there being any mint in this.

Definitely a refreshing scent!

Fruity and heavy, but still crisp.

I smell peaches and tea leaves. Fruit and brightness, with something more dry and bitter to balance it.

I didn't get the chance to try it on my skin- I spilled the whole imp on my pants. Oops.

imp: an effervescent, light peach. It reminds me of peach vanilla Mystic (my favored drink of choice in the early 90's).

wet: peach vanilla Mystic with something floral.

later: it becomes too heavy of a floral on me later...which is a bummer because I love bergamot on my skin as a single note.

DOH!

Bottle: peach and oakmoss, followed by the tiniest hints of light floral behind

Wet: much the same

Dry: this reminds me of Imp, somehow, with heliotrope heavy in front but not taking over.

Later: still very peachy, and while this is very pretty, warm and blooming, on my skin, I'm uncertain it's me.

I'm always on the lookout for good peach scents, but most peach scents are horribly fake and synthetic--Fae is NOT. It's like standing in a peach orchard on a hot day when the peaches are so ripe they're falling off the trees. As it dries down it's starting to smell a little more like peach cobbler, very sweet. I'm going to give this imp a whirl a few more times for certain.

An excellent sum-up of this scent was my boyfriend's reaction to it the first time I tested it:

Me: *sticks wrist out*

Him: *sniffs* Mm! What's that one?

Me: Fae.

Him: Yes, it is.

It's a wonderful fresh bright peach...the white musk on me makes it feel kind of ethereal and misty, and takes away from some of the juicy fresh fruit scent (which is a marvelous scent, but not so much in perfume for me). I don't get much oakmoss, but it's probably there grounding the scent somewhere, and the bergamont adds a nice crisp sharpness.

In the vial: Peaches! Yummy ripe peaches. With heliotrope.

On the skin: Still very peachy... As it's dried down, the oakmoss and bergamont popped. Lightly musky. It's a pretty scent, indeed! It's sweet, but more that sticky sweet of over-ripe peaches with a bunch of florals on me.

Inital impression: Delicate, Sweet but not sugary, Mostly smell peach

While wearing: Starts of as peach with the musk behind it but as it drys the white musk and bergamot notes come through and the peach fades to the background.

Conclusion: It is light and etheral like the fae playing in a glade on a spring afternoon. A good scent for the warmer months of the yea. I like this scent but don't know if I would wear it much.

Rating: 3/5

Would buy: Not a bottle perhaps an imp to keep around though.

Beautiful scent! It is beautifully floral and lightly peachy, just enough to balance each other out.

It also was quite good on my skin too and lasted almost all day. Good throw to it, but not overwhelming. :P

Definitely ethereal. There isn't a whole lot of throw on this one. What I can catch is white musky, very light light citrus scent. If this one could be amped up just a touch it'd be perfect.

My take on Fae:

A sugared bergamot peach giving way to the most gentle, rain-soft musk that lingers beautifully.

For a lover of deep dark scents, this one really surprised me :P

Def. 5ml worthy.

In the imp: Peach! And a darker edge -- I guess that must be the oakmoss.

Wet: Warm, golden, summer-sweet peaches. These are the peaches that, when you bite into them, drip sticky sweet juice down your fingers. Maybe a bit of musk, definitely some heliotrope lifting the scent even higher.

Dry: Lots of warm, white musk. The peaches are still right out there. The heliotrope backs down a bit and there's something that smells a lot like a rich vanilla mixed in.

I REALLY like this. I have a partial 5ml and I'm going to have to top this up.

I wanted to love this, because I adore the scent of peach. Sadly, there's a note in here that goes amber-like on me that makes me not like this one very much. :P

So glad I didn't wash this off.

The first hour was awful - sweet and fruity. I can do fruity if it's not overwhelmingly sweet and I can do sweet if there's a little bit of an edge, but this made me slightly sick to my stomach.

Once it calmed down, it became beautiful - golden, creamy, soft, slightly sweet but not too much, a hint of something darker - yes, I can pick out the individual notes if I concentrate, but I don't want to.

Bottle-worthy.

IN BOTTLE: Millions of peaches, peaches for me!

FIRST APPLIED: This is the "bright, sparkly, green" scent people were talking about. Yum. It's very juicy, like when you take a bite of fruit and the juice rolls down over it. The peach is very dominant in this, but it's a "green" peach scent.

WHEN DRIED: This smells EXACTLY like my Oma's perfume. Oh god. You can smell this smell when you hug her. It's like this warm, clean smell of skin with some very mild, sweet overtones. It's definately the white musk and peach. Warm, musky peach, and skin. I love this smell, but it keeps making me think of my Oma.

Either way, THIS is definately a "me" scent. Warm, light, fruity, delicious!

Also, this lasted well over 10 hours on me. Excellent!

Frimp from the lab!

In vial: Juicy peach with some citrus.

On me: Fruit punch with white musk. I don´t know how heliotrope smell, but I don´t smell anything floral in it.

My HG smell for the summer, is fresh, innocent and sexy at same time.

I found this to be gentle and mildly fruity, but not really muchof anything. It smelled almost like a peach-apple mix, with some greenery and earthiness in there. Unfortunately, it had absolutely no throw on me, and didn't last - I ended up using over half my imp in one day, and I couldn't smell it more than a couple minutes after putting it on. :P

Edited by Ahania

Fae is sparkly and fruity. It is tiny fairies flitting about in diaphonous dresses made of leaves and petals that really should have disintegrated by now. It is that giggly feeling you get when you're all light headed. It is taking a mouthful of fizzy, fruity wine, and feeling the bubbles on your nose and the sharpness of the alcohol on your tongue.

Peach, apparently, does not go ever so artificial smelling on me, which is nice.

Oddly enough, I don't get a lot of peach from this. The heliotrope, white musk and bergamot seem to be the strongest at first, with the peach only occasionally showing itself, like a little girl standing in the sunshine and playing peek-a-boo with you from behind an armload of flowers. It's so cheerful and sunny that I'm not sure I can bring my curmudgeonly self to leave the house smelling like this. Once the initial sparkle subsides, the oakmoss combines with the peach and musk to create a warm, rich, reddish smell that is very pleasing. It's truly beautiful, but it's just too nice for me to carry off.