Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

Fae is a very light, ethereal fragrance and retained its scent on my skin for about 4 hours. The peach is there, making this almost like a lolly on me. I found this much too sweet for me. While it is innocent and frivolous, like a fairy frolicking through the glen, it does hold an earthy quality. This might be the oakmoss? A sort of fern like quality? Light as spiders' silk, sweet as a lolly with a tinge of moss.

I feel ridiculous typing this, given all the other pages of reviews, and the actual published notes, but this smells like coconut-scented sunscreen to me. I'm not getting anything else, just coconut-scented sunscreen. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting a kick out of being able to sniff my wrist and catch a faint whiff of summer holidays when it's been pretty grim winter weather here.

Wet on my skin: Pale, peachy musk with a twist of bergamot. Then I get the cherry-tinted vanilla that is how heliotrope usually smells on me. This is a punchy, giddy peach. A practical joker peach. I don't smell oakmoss.

Dried: Little change. Still no sense of oakmoss.

I'm not a huge peach person, but for that mood, I could do worse... This is impish and playful.

Lab frimp of fae and I like it a lot! How have I never smelled this one before??

It smells like Victoria Secret Love Spell on me...except complex and just a hint of spice which is maybe the oakmoss?

I'm not entirely sure I need a whole bottle but I love the sweet peachy effervescence like this is a bubbly summer Moscato without going to candyland.

Fresh and fun and definitely something for summer and spring.

Edited by Happicuppa

In the imp: Sweet, juicy peaches. Very sugary.

Wet: So peachy and sweet that it's almost giving me headache, but that dies down pretty quickly into a softer, brightly sweet smell. The best thing I can compare it to is walking out of a dark room into very bright sunlight.

Dry: Still very sweet, but I'm also beginning to catch a faint whiff of the bergamot and oakmoss. It took about half an hour to mellow out. At this point it smells like I'm carrying a peach pie through a forest. I'm really getting the fae-ness of this, that weird ethereal line between sweetness and darkness.

Verdict: Fae went from bright and sweetly innocent to sweetly woodsy, eventually edging into a darker and earthier scent. Initially it's almost overwhelming but I really like the dry-down. I may need a bottle.

In the imp: sweet champagne with green notes that I can't really recognise at this point.

Wet on skin: it's not green anymore but kind of sparky, sweet and fresh. Is there grapefruit in this? It smells grapefruit-y.

Dry on skin: For some reason it turned sweet/sour but then back to sweet with a teeny tiny, tiniest hint of powder. Yum. I suppose the powdery feel is due to the white musk.

It's got some nice throw. It's not huge but it's all around me. It definitely lingers on for a while.

Edited by bunnyechoes

From the start i get a dewy fresh green peach, but soon the oakmoss shows up and trumps everything. Smells like an oakmoss infested unripened green peach.

First Sniff: Raspberries and a sweet musk.

Initial Wet Application: Ginger and something reminiscent of bubbles.

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): I think I’m detecting faint peaches! As this completed the drydown though, there was dry wood in this too; that I didn’t really care for.

My Reaction: This is lovely; it’s ethereal, sweet and light. It’s a bit too faint on my skin, but I like it nonetheless. I prefer the peach sweetness to the wood though.

Rating: 3

Sweet, light, sparkling, and a touch otherworldly. This is what I was hoping Dana O'Shee would be on me, but my skin eats that one and it was a no. This one is quite the morpher and more than the sum of its parts--it smells milky, with some grains and/or woods, musky honey, and a hint of sweet peaches. The peach note is alternately like the clean skin of a peach and the juicy center, which is utterly gorgeous. There's something sweet, creamy, and cold in the heart of this scent that's really giving me the ethereal vibe. It's like walking into a sudden cold patch in a warm meadow. I really love the way this acts on my skin.

Sadly this sits extremely close to the skin on me, but it's so nice I might have to get some and age it or something.

ETA: Like some kind of magic spell, this both gets stronger with time and leaves a trail. It's not a "big" perfume, but I'm smelling it from literal feet away after moving around a bit. I've had it on for roughly six hours now and it's only faded slightly. So definitely a full bottle, then! :biggrin:

Edited by lizabelle

Wet: White musk and bergamot and heliotrope creating something strangely medicinal and sweet. There's no anise in this scent, but it reminds me strongly of black licorice.

Dry: As it dries, it's evoking Grand Guignol a bit for me. It must be the fruity quality and the sharpness of the bergamot reminding me of alcohol and apricots! It mellows quite a bit as it dries, but it is indeed really close to the skin. This would be a home run for anyone who likes peach, and is an extremely well-blended scent.

Edited by Whisperstilled

This I had as an imp, though now I can't remember where I got it from. I probably should've made that a category in my notes.

First Sniff Impression: Bright, fruity, incense

Wet in Vial: This doesn't have much of a scent in the vial at all. There's a tiny bit of peach, and the rest of it is a mild incense that's barely there.

Drying Down on Skin: Peach immediately, and the other scents blend together for a mild, incense smell. It's a nice, light one so far that would be ok to wear professionally. Maybe it's the heliotrope, but I'm getting an almost sweet pea note in it.

Dry on Skin: This is a very, very delicate scent. It's the lightest bit of floral peach. Probably great for someone who doesn't want an overpowering scent. But it has almost no throw, and it just a little too plain for me.

Conclusion: This was a nice, light, fresh scent, great for someone who normally finds florals overpowering. The peach was pleasant, but I barely got anything of the other notes (white musk, bergamot, oak moss) unless they were just support keeping it from getting too sweet. But I think I'll pass this imp on.

Fae is really bright peach rings right out of the gate. Seriously, it smells just like the peach ring gummy candies when it's wet. As it dries, I get some of the bergamot with the peaches. I also get a slight anise scent to it as well. The overwhelming sweetness quiets down once it's dry, which is nice. I didn't really want to walk around smelling like a peach ring. I still don't get any florals. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I want to like it, but there's something holding me back that I just can't put a pin in.

Wet: Musky florals; nothing that is strong enough for me to identify. Light throw.

Dry: The smallest amount of fruity-sweetness has come out, so it's more of a light musky-peachy-floral now.

I wish the throw on this was greater, because it's so dang hard to get a good sniff of. I won't be needing a bottle, but I do think this is a nice scent. I may try and mix it with a leave-in hair conditioner, and see how that works!

I think if you're afraid of florals, this might be a nice entry scent for you.

Edited by donkehpoo

In the imp: White musk and peach, brightened by bergamot and grounded by oakmoss. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's faint peach and bergamot. It also tingles and burns a little on my skin although nothing in this combination of notes is a usual trigger for this. As it dries, peach becomes the main note, though the white musk is also detectable, keeping the peach from oversweetness. The oakmoss also reemerges as a grounding note. Given time to develop, the white musk amps up, becoming a very tickly note in my nose. 

Ultimately, this ends up smelling very much like Katharina on me -- only I think I prefer Katharina's slightly sharper apricot and orange blossom. 

Going on, this is mostly white musk. Which is nice, but just give it a couple minutes and oh my god what a delicious peach! It's light and pretty, but potent and has amazing staying power - this one will last all day. A winner all around!

When I first tried this on, I wasn't crazy about it; it smelled like hand wipes on me or something. But I was so determined to like it (I am obsessed with ethereal scents and faeries/elves/sidhe etc.) that I tried it again tonight. I'm glad I did! Turns out my chemistry was being silly. It does start off a bit high pitched (like an unripe peach), but once it dries down, it's lovely. This and Katharina remind me of an apricot-honey BBW fragrance I adored as a teen (I, er, still have half a bottle hoarded) and I'm very happy to have found scents that remind me of it.

Fae is the lightest peach scent I’ve tried. It’s Slightly sweet, a bit powdery cozy from the musk/oakmoss combo, not high-pitched at all for me. I’m pretty sure the heliotrope is coming through a bit, yet not really getting bergamot. The musk is the most prevailing note, though the peach lingers longer than I expected.
I can see this being the scent of a fairy princess figure, yet I would hope for a wilder, more sparkling yet deeper scent for the Fae. An enjoyable though, pretty and feminine.

I’ll probably send it to a new home, as it’s not my personal style. 

pleasantly surprised by this one. it's not my usual style and i normally don't do fruity, but the white musk and oakmoss prevent it from becoming too sweet. Fae is just pretty, peachy, and fresh.

i've been enjoying it in my locket during these heat waves.

If I had tried to sort out the notes of Fae without having a list in front of me, I would not have guessed that it had peach in it, which is odd because peach is usually pretty recognizable.

What I'm getting here is primarily heliotrope and oakmoss.  I like heliotrope.  I hate oakmoss.

The oakmoss eventually burns off after Fae dries, leaving pure heliotrope, which is very nice.  The SN heliotrope lasts for many hours.  I think I'd like to find something else with heliotrope in it (Probably Juliet) so I don't have to deal with the oakmoss.

Wet: Bright peach and a lovely green floral.

Dry: Soft green tendrils and a whisper of musk.

Overall: The peach sadly was too ephemeral this time. Fae is definitely pretty, light and summery with minimal throw.

This is so faint, it's a shame. A beautiful peachy floral musk. Lasts about an hour on me before fading to the mossy musk. I wish this performed better on me, but it could be because of the age of my imp. 

So Fae is an oldie but goodie that I apparently never reviewed in here! I was in the mood for something light and fruity today, and no lie, a lonely imp of aged Fae was somehow sitting in my little imp case full of Snake Oils, Dragon's Milk, and other old favorites! It was meant to be today! 

Freshly applied, a very powdery musk... usually white musk goes sharp on me, but this one has a depth to it that I love, probably due to the age. I can't even distinguish the rest of the notes individually. It's a blend of musky fruit, yes more leaning to the peach side, but not specifically a peach note. All together this is so lovely, not ethereal as expected, and perfect for today's mood! 

I think I probably hate oakmoss. This smells weird and powdery and ICK on me :c my mom fucking loves it, but I think it smells like weird sweet babywipes. Maybe I don't hate white floral, I just hate oakmoss!