Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

In the bottle: I can smell the peach, heliotrope, and oakmoss. It’s fresh, fruity, a little biting, and quite herbal. Almost minty.

Wet: I get a very nice, sweet, cheery blend of peach, bergamot, musk, heliotrope, and oakmoss. All the ingredients mix very well. I really like it. Average throw.

Dry: The same scent of the blend, but softer. It's almost a slightly peachy vanilla. Very well done. I love it. This might be a future bottle for me.

A beautiful fruity floral. I was looking for a peach scent to try, and the amount of peach in this is beautiful. It blends so well with the floral on the dry down. This is all spring mornings in a field to me. Sadly, it doesn't last long on me.

In the Imp: Mmm....peach and white musk. Maybe a hint of bergamot.

Wet: Still peach, but now with a floral undertone, must be the heliotrope. The white musk is creating a beautiful breezy top note.

Drydown: Light peachyness, and I LOVE the combination of white musk and heliotrope. It's a little sweet, a little fruity, a little floral, and just gorgeously smooth.

Verdict: While I like this, it's just not quite me. I'll keep my imp however, and I think I really like white musk notes :D.

3/5

P.S: I swapped this with a friend of mine for How doth the little crocodile, which I love. I think we are both very happy with the trade ;). I may buy another imp at some point though. :)

Edited by welcometothefamily

I love peach notes but I am picky about them. This one sounds like it might work though so fingers crossed! In the imp, it's sweet bubblegummy from the fruit and heliotrope. I do happen to like sweet, fruity, foody scents so this is definitely not a problem. I do get a sense of juiciness and there's a hint of that musk once applied. I also love musks, btw, which is another reason I believe this blend should be perfect. On my skin, it's less bubblegum but still quite sweet with depth from the musk. Strangely I get a hint of creaminess from this that I tend to associate with vanilla. As vanilla is probably my favorite note, this has me smiling. Not super peachy, but I can smell it in there. I'm actually quite in love with this so far! Ooh, there's a hint of tart citrus from the bergamot. Over time the bergamot becomes the dominant note vs the creamy peachy vanilla musk that I loved so much. It's still lovely, but I far preferred the wet stage. I'll keep the imp but I don't need a bottle.

Fae is further confirmation that I cannot wear bergamot. On me, without fail, bergamot turns to black liquorice bug repellant, overwhelming everything else. While my skin test is unfortunately ruined like this, I do catch some sweetness and warmth.

On paper, Fae is much happier. I would say bergamot is very prominent, maybe more so than the peach. I have no idea how heliotrope actually smells in a fragrance, despite reading up on a description. I’ve come across mentions of a playdoh quality associated with heliotrope, and I wonder if this combined with the bergamot is what’s causing me to recall a stale ashtray when I smell Fae.

Maybe this would be prettier on somebody with a more favorable chemistry.

EDIT: Retested and simplified review.

I really love this one! Until it dries down...

At first when I apply it, it is bright and fresh and the right kind of sweet without being foody, and yet not cloyingly floral or intoxicating either. It's got gorgeous citrus notes from the peach and bergamot, which are not astringent and kept in check by the soft creamy floral! Very beautiful and well balanced. It seems fairly light, and I feel like the peach, white musk, and bergamot are playing friendly. Yum, lovely!

However, as it dries down it gets STRONGER somehow :huh?: ! This is going old-lady smoked musk on me. Unfortunately that oakmoss takes center stage right there with the heavy (now dried type) florals while all the citrusy/fruit qualities evaporate/become jam-like and it becomes far, far sweeter. Well, the oakmoss makes it earthy and a tiny bit dirty, forcing the white musk into a musk-type incense, on a bed of dried flower petals :( . It has become very dry and powdery. I don't like what happened to the musk and how it seemed to eat everything and dry the whole blend out (but then again it might be the oakmoss doing the drying out and amping just plain dry "sweet" smell that I associate with generic incense.

ITI: I'm fairly happy that I received this one as a frimp. My mother was raving about it, claiming it's one of her new favorites and I've been eager so see what all the fuss is about. It's a bright scent, but somewhat rounder than purely citrus scents are. I think it's due to the bergamot, which lens a sightly exotic, warm tone to other scents that I've tested, as well as the white musk.

Wet: It reminds me of Lush's Honey I Washed the Kids but without the cloying honey tones. It's slightly anise-y, bright, exotically delicious, while having this bright musky tone to it infused with the sublime heliotrope. Okay, I think I can see why she likes it so much.

Dry: It dries down quickly, becoming creamier than I would have anticipated, like vanilla musk underneath hanging while florals and somnambulant, lulling bergamot tinged with anise. Gosh, this really is gorgeous.

In the imp: Very sweet peach and just a touch of bergamot, which give it an almost sparkling quality.

Wet: This is more like peach candy than actual fresh peach. I can smell the bergamot—there’s definitely more here than just peach—but none of the other notes. Delicious.

Dry: Now I can smell the white musk.

The final drydown is peach-tinged oakmoss.

I love peach scents, and Fae is sweet and cheerful. It’s different enough from Tamora, which is one of my favorites, that I can justify having and using both. I look forward to wearing this in warm weather.

The peach is nice and light with this. I haven't tried any other scents with oakmoss, so I can't pick that part out. I'm tempted to buy a bottle of Fae, but there are so many other ones I want, too!

on wet, it is bright and citrusy from the bergamot. It's slightly commercial-smelling...it reminds me of a really nice fruity/floral lotion. dry, it smells like peach and white musk.

In the imp: I'm mostly getting a musky bergamot/heliotrope combination, but the peach & oakmoss are there if you look for them.

Wet on skin: The exact opposite of in the imp! Peach & oakmoss are taking charge here & the musk, bergamot & heliotrope are hidden in the background.

Dry on skin: Oakmoss. The oakmoss is now completely dominant! The other notes have sort of blended together into the background to create a soft sweetness that works surprisingly well with the oakmoss in charge!

After a few hours: I was worried that the oakmoss was a bit too strong when it first dried - I don't mind it in the background of scents, but I didn't think I'd like it as a main note. Turns out the peach sweetens it quite a lot & it's actually really nice. It makes it more earthy than the other fairy notes I love - different, but still has that "magic" feel to it.

Verdict: Probably not an everyday perfume, but I do really like this one! It makes me want to look up more peach perfumes!

In the imp (aged): Kinda smells like a vintage perfume bottle that has dried up over the years, but sweetier and fruitier.

Wet on skin: Fruit with powder, but there IS a gossamer sort of quality to it.

Drydown: Oh darn my chemistry, its going to straight powder-wait. There's something playful and fun behind it if I smell closely. Its kinda like a blanket of cleanliness and soap with a cute little fruit-smelling creature beneath it. Maybe the peach? Hmm.

I wanted to like this one as I love peaches and all things faerie, but alas its mostly soapy heliotrope for me. I'm still looking for the perfect fae-like/huldrfolk scent. Glittering Apple of The Stars gives more of an otherworldly quality and works much better on my skin than Fae. Its kinda morphing into something vaguely nice, but this would be much better for someone who is looking for a clean/powder scent with a hint of fruit. =)

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

This is a review of a bottle that I've had for a few years. I got it back when I was buying a GC with every order I made. Even with aging, it's still how I remember it, but now lasts longer.

This starts off very traditionalish perfume on me The peach adds a brightness, but the musk also is coming out to stake it's claim as almost a day-old sweat . The two are going to battle throughout the wear, so it's the hidden parts that are what make the changes even noticeable. Occasionally, I'll also get a floral hit to freshen up the musk. The bergamot is NOWHERE to be found on me. Occasionally, the oakmoss pulls the peach to less bright moments.

But, basically, this is a peach v musk battle. There are no winners in this, but my nose does the real loss

I keep wanting this scent to work, but it never does. I'll finish my bottle, but have no plans to replace it. This is sad since I do like peach scents at times.

In the imp - Bergamot and peach are hanging out in a bed of soft musk.

Wet - It’s getting even fruitier. Such a soft fruit though! Delicately sweet and slightly floral. That must be the heliotrope at work.

Drydown - This is understated and elegant. It manages to be both airy and grounded while basking in peachy sweetness.

Verdict - I predict a bottle purchase in the spring.

Blind tested the initial application, a frimp I would likely not have ordered myself since I'm not a fan of peach scents and I'm afraid of any citrus note that isn't lemon or lime (you would be too, if you'd smelled Baobhan Sith, Akuma, and various other orange/grapefruit blends on me).

In the imp: Fresh, light fruit and flowers.

Wet on my skin: ...That's peach, but it smells like real peach. Of COURSE it does, the Lab wouldn't use the gross artificial peach that makes its way into various generic body sprays. Oh! FLOWERS! Pretty flowers.

Dry: I wouldn't have ordered this for myself, but I'm grateful they tossed this in to my order. It's gorgeous. Peach, white musk, flowers, and just a tinge of citrusy oakmoss. I would never have expected this combination to work on my skin, but apparently the Lab knew something I did not. It's a golden scent with tinges of pink around the edges. Why is this so pretty on me? I'm mystified, and pleased!

Fae starts out smelling like anise, for some reason, and like a fruit I can't identify at this stage. Eventually I pick up a little citrus, probably the bergamot, alongside the anise.

I think the anise note might actually be the oakmoss, because as it fades, I start smelling greenery. Peach comes in a little after that, and for a while there's this weird thing where something smells a little burnt or toasted. This may also be a morph of the oakmoss, since by the time I smell the burnt note, the greenery is gone.

Peach outlasts all the other notes (I still smelled it the next morning) and it's a really nice peach note. But the other notes (or maybe just the oakmoss) go kind of weird on me, and so I think I'll stick with Mare Nectaris for my peach needs, much as I love the fae.

Edited by lady_pandora

In the imp: White musk, peach, oakmoss, and a tiny bit of bergamot.

Wet: White musk and peach, followed by what I believe may be the heliotrope (since I'm getting a floral note from this). After a little bit, the oakmoss begins to emerge. Sadly, the oakmoss is giving this a somewhat soapy vibe (which is something it has done in a few other blends I've tried featuring the note in the past).

Dry: I can still smell the white musk and peach, but the oakmoss is a lot stronger now, and I can't help but thinking “SOAP!” whenever I smell it.

Verdict: I will be passing on my imp.

I haven't had a lot of success with the Lab's blends that include peach. I love peach, so I always start out with high hopes.

Wet, this is not disappointing. It's a lovely peachy floral, grounded by the oak moss. Good throw at first, too.

This lasts surprisingly well for such a light scent. It's one of the nicest fruity florals I've tried thus far. Sweet and fresh. I can see wanting a bottle for Spring/Summer.

How have I not tried this before?! It's mostly peach, with a breath of light florals, grounded (but not overwhelmed or darkened) by the oakmoss. I'm not typically a floral perfume person, yet I love this, if that tells you anything. It's more fruity than floral, but the flowers help keep it smelling like perfume and not candy. It's sweet, light, and gorgeous. This would be a perfect scent for summer and even though I just tested it for the first time ten minutes ago, I already think I need a bottle.

Pretty sweet with the peach at first which is what I was worried about, but on the drydown the peach gets much softer and the white musk comes into play, the bergamot is there, too, though not the oakmoss, and I really have no idea what heliotrope smells like though finally some green and floral comes in, but it's still mostly peach. I was hoping the bergamot and oakmoss would be a little more prominent.

Wet, I get a lovely mix of peach and bergamot, and the background has the nice oakmoss note to soften it up. It's bright and sweet and not too floral, so I'm having high hopes.

Unfortunately, on drydown this becomes pure play-doh on me. And somehow the smell persists even after I tried washing it off. Alas.

Wet: Sweet peach, with some green in the background. It's like spring, this is.

Dry: I think it's the white musk that's trying to take over here. Still sweet, with a fuzzyness in there. It's a bit too sweet for me, but it's been nice to try! ^^

In the Imp: Sweet fruit, green, with an anise like scent

Drying: Light delicious peach, sweet fruit and a floral musk background.

Dry: (an hour later) Delicate, sweet fruity floral with a creamy somewhat vanilla scent in the background, maybe from the heliotrope?

Overall: A sweet musky floral with a woody sensual base. Nice throw, but not overwhelming. 2 hours later still going strong.

Definitely buying a full sized bottle! This will be my spring scent!

Edited by Missa_Moth

Mostly sweet, juicy peach with breezy white musk and heliotrope. Very fun and feminine, but not very me so it's off to the swap pile.