Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

I avoid food smells for the most part, but Fae is something wonderful. The prevailing smell is peach, but it's kind and gentle. Really light and well-tempered by the other ingredients.

A beautiful spring/summer scent. I am surprised to like it so much!

I pulled this out of my pile of untried imps today. I have three other scents on as well (a lot of imp testing) so I may edit this when I wear this by itself.

But, from just trying it out in the crook of my elbow, I really like this scent. I sadly don't get much peach (that, or I'm unfamiliar with BPAL's peach), but I do musk. While it was drying it was much sweeter, almost reminiscent of lemon pez candy :lol: I'm wondering if that comes from the bergamot; it does go away once dried. Once dry, it still retains its sweetness with a touch of powder (thankfully, not to much; I would be really sad if was really powdery).

It really is a lovely scent, and once my imp is gone I'll probably will get a full bottle.

I adore Fae. It has the ability to get too sweet, but that is when the oakmoss appears and tempers it.

The peach is lush, juicy and sweet, the musk adds a bit of playfulness while the bergamot and heliotrope add tartness. A perfect scent for summer. It's light, yet rich, sticks close to the skin and the heat from my skin makes the musk sing.

This is a light, bright, juicy scent. It would be great for spring/summer. Theres a little bit of greenery, but this is mostly peach on me. I'm not a fan of smelling like peach (though I do like the smell) so I'll probably swap this, but I'm glad I got to try it.

Strange.. when I first applied this and moved my nose away, I got a quick whiff of anise? anyways..

In imp and wet: sweet, milky, peaches, slight bergamont just keeping it crisp. I take it the white musk is the creamer in the mix.

Drydown: I can smell a touch of earthy oakmoss, but it's not notable unless you're really familiar with the pure essence. Still peachy, slightly less creamy however the bergamont still smells creamsicle-ish.

This is the winner in my light scents category! Great for all occasions and moods. I'm so glad the lab gave me an extra imp of it! :)

In bottle: The heliotrope, bergamot and peach seem a bit over ripe and too sweet when taken together. Wet; The effect on my skin is unfortuneate, too intense, too sweet, and a little rotten. The musk added to my natural musk creates a not recently washed effect. This is all wrong with my skin chemistry. Dry: Unwashed body.

Oh Fae, I love all your notes, why must you fail me? I love white musk, but there has to be something in the blend to keep it from being bland, oversweet powder on my skin. Unfortunately this is all Fae is on me - bland, oversweet peach powder. Surprisingly for such a mild scent, it had great staying power and made me feel a bit sick after two hours.

I was pretty disappointed in this scent- came out pure peachy playdough on me. definitely for the swap pile.

Fae for me captures its name very well.

On wet and first drydown:

Sweet juicy peaches mixed with other notes I cannot pick out well. It is playful and fanciful like a dance around a mushroom circle.

As it dries down it comes out more mossy and brown leaves, kind of like a forest floor you'd wake up on after a night's party with the fairies.

It's very nice.

Fae

Peachy, with sweet florals and white musk. It's very soft and fuzzy, like peach skin! This compares most closely to Titania of the scents I've tried, but it's not quite as fruity and bright. Fae is very comforting and warm! I love it!

In the vial - Sweet & fruity.

On the skin - Bright and sweet! Definitely bergamot, and maybe a bit of peach. :D Yum.

Dry - Smells a bit like blueberries, actually. Bergamot deepened by musk.

A "white" scent if there ever was one. The peach and grapefruit dominate, but the heliotrope and musk keep it from becoming a screeching, headache-inducing citrus scent. It's also more of a white peach -- not the strong classic peach smell you get from Aglaea. All in all, this is a very girly, pretty scent.

I know I have tried this before, as this smells familiar. But I don't remember liking Fae so much.

The imp I am testing is very old (the flying phoenix on its label), and I can't stop smelling this. I get no peach, heliotrope, bergamot or oakmoss. Just white musk, but very airy and ethereal. A summery scent, like skin warmed by the sun.

This will provide me with warmth in the throes of cold, wintry days. Uplifting and a reminder of sunlight days to come. Androgynous and bottle worthy.

In the imp, I'm getting the white musk, the peach, and the citrus, tempered a touch by the oakmoss. On my skin, it's the white musk and the bergamont amping, which is a touch odd. Hrm.

The way Fae applies to the skin is nothing like how she comes to smell after being on the skin a while. Within a few minutes the sweet, fruity icing sugar - thick, pungent and incredibly saccharine - recedes to leave a warm, soft, woody and powdery scent. In its dry-down, Fae smells just like Lorenzo Villoresi's Musk, which is a divine, luminous skin-scent. That one has less sweetness, so one might say Fae is the feminine version of an Italian unisex niche classic. Other reference points outside BPAL may be Ava Luxe's Doll Face and Angel Face, which have an almondy powderiness akin to the heliotrope and musk combination in this. I like those scents, but Fae has a gentle beauty that nuzzles and appeases in a beatific manner - something special. She's a comfort in the crook of your arm.

I must admit that I don't get any peach at all, bar the opening. It's so subtle. I get more heliotrope than oak moss, but it all comes together in such a seamless way.

This would make a perfect everyday scent for all-year-round usage. After the bizarre and thick pie-like opening, Fae smells very expensive and refined. Gently sweet, woody, musky, powdery and poetic.

4.7/5

I got this as a frimp and had to have a bottle.

Peaches and spring flowers. Doesn't really smell like a garden and orchard though. The visual I get is of a wild peach tree with wild flowers growing around it. My skin seems to love it as is, the scent doesn't change at all when I wear it.

It's really, really nice, almost a comforting scent and may be one of my top five favorites.

Fae reminds me of this print that decorated my bedroom wall when I was a child:

Edward-Hughes-Midsummer-eve-15426.jpg

The scent features glowing peach against a shimmering background of bergamot, oakmoss, and white musk.

The peach note is softly luminous. It is not a dripping, juicy fruit scent. It is the warm glimmer of a firefly.

The oakmoss, bergamot, and white musk sparkle.

The perfect scent for a midsummer night.

This was a generously gifted lab frimp.

In the imp: Sweet, juicy, and fruity. The citrus note smells more like grapefruit to me than bergamot. A very ethereal scent, very feminine.

Wet: Almost too sweet. The grapefruit citrus amps fairly unpleasantly on me with a candy undertone and soft musk. It's kind of a schizo scent in that it never seems able to decide if it wants to go citrus, musk, or something kind of dead leaf-ish.

Dry down: I amp the oakmoss so crazily, that's all that's left. It smells identical to Zombi on me after about three hours of wear. Oakmoss and musk. I like oakmoss, but overall this scent just doesn't fully work with my body chemistry. I'd give it a 2/5.

In vial: Tart peach, tangy & bright.

Wet: I'm thinking this is white peach, firm and juicy, verging on being a bit too green to eat just yet. Still hanging on the tree, among the mossy boughs of a long-forgotten tree in an abandoned orchard.

Dry: The tanginess of the bergamot/heliotrope has gone a bit ozone-like, but the white musk is producing a glowing quality that I really like. The peach is fainter now, but sweetening up. Warmed by my skin, no doubt.

Verdict: I have been looking for a good summer scent that's light & refreshing but without citrus notes, which tend to go bitter on me, and without aquatics which are soapy on me at times. This could be it! More testing will reveal if I need a bottle- I am really liking this airy yet earthy & musky peach!

A sweet peach! Wow! Very sweet. All I can smell is peach and heliotrope. A lovely scent! After a bit it starts to smell like sweet cereal on me. One of those berry cereals I used to have when I was little.

This scent never made it on to any of my wishlists. I'm not a big fae person. I find fairies a little too girly for my tastes.

The imp came as an extra in my BPAL order and I grimaced, wondering what exactly was going through the mind of whomever had packaged my order.

I pulled it out of my tin at random, this morning, and figured, "What the hell."

In the bottle, it smells floral. It's sweet and light and a little powdery, which almost made me put it back in the tin. On the wand, however, there was something much sharper and a tad more citrus, (bergamot, perhaps?), so I gave it a whirl.

I have the air conditioner vent in my car pointed straight at my face. Somehow, in my tiny car, this means every scent on my wrist is blown directly into my face the entire time I'm driving. Today, Fae was sneaky. I could taste it, light and a bit tart, but I couldn't really pick out any of the scent notes.

Now, at work, an hour or so later? The tart taste is gone and has been replaced with a delicious, soft, sweet smell. It's peaches, I'm pretty sure. Fresh peaches. It's ... very lovely. Very adult, too. Not sweet like candy, but refined.

Very nice! Thank you, whomever threw it in the goodie bag. Excellent taste!

In decant: at first whiff, it actually smelled rather boozy, but delicious and interesting to my nose. I can pick out citrusy and herbally notes, but the runaway winner is the peach--sweet but not cloying. It's certainly a fruity scent.

Wet on skin: it's a pleasing peach and citrus scent on my skin, soft and rounded with a bit of that musk. There's a slight powdery quality in this that's actually kind of nice. This is turning out really well, there's a vanilla-like quality to it but staying away from foodiness. It's a definite yellow scent, bright and brilliant.

Dry: dried down to peach musk, light and sweet. It's very light, that I had to try a larger amount to really get a sense of the scent--when it became a lot sweeter and headier. It's a beautiful peachy citrus musk, or maybe citrusy peach musk...I'm not too sure ;)

Verdict: very pretty! I don't think it's me, though--I love the scent but I don't see myself wearing peach so much.

I usually like darker, spicy scents, but I wanted to find something for spring/summer, so I got an imp of this off of the sale board for $1.

In the bottle: A little fruity, but there's something green and floral in there, too.

Wet on skin: The peach scent that everyone talks about comes out, but it soon is subdued into a very "fresh" scent.

Dry on skin: Absolutely gorgeous. A hint peachy and sweet but also fresh with a hint of floral as well. It reminds me of J'adore by Dior, which was one of the only floral/fresh perfumes I've ever liked. It's a tad sweet and fruity, but has enough complexity to not be one of those bubblegum fruity scents. It's actually perfect, and I was very surprised how much I like it on myself. I even want a bigger bottle now!