Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

LOVE this...

smells like peaches. lovely ripe peaches ... that i just want to eat up in one breath.

sweet. pungent. i wanna bathe in this...

someone make a bath oil out of this and it will be liquid gold for girls like me...;) this reminds me of georgia during the summertimes...peach bread, pie...everything... Edited by magikalbrownies

i was hoping to like this, except when i opened the imp it was very very perfumey.

This had a strong floral - musk scent in the bottle.

On, the peach and musk come forward in a nice balance. The peach seems to predominate, but it has a fuzzy quality from the musk.

Very nice! I think throw is light and wearing time is not too long. Could probably be applied a little more heavily than some of the other oils.

Edited by Siberia

I love the light crispness of this scent. I just have to say that I swear there is a hint of anise/licorice to this blend, and it hovers about 3" off my skin. If I put my nose to my wrist I don't get it, only when I'm typing, and it's only if I've just put Fae on that I notice this, so it can't be something else. It's a great scent and I love the smell of anise and licorice so it really only makes it better, but yeah, just a bit strange.

So pretty and sweet! A luscious peach scent with a sparkling pairing of heliotrope and musk. Nice :D

I didn't know what to expect with Fae. I like peaches (as long as they are peeled, otherwise the texture of the skin reminds me of kitten tongues) and light musk, but floral & I usually don't get along. I have no idea what oakmoss smells like, but I think I should like it. I like dark, woody, foresty scents. So let's see...

In the imp: Peachy, but I can smell the heliotrope. Uh-oh.

Wet: peach & musk. This is not so bad, I think I like it. I am shocked!

Dry: Still peach and musk, the flower goes away. This does go through an almost powdery phase, but its not too bad and eventually dissapates to musk with some kind of foresty smell- the oakmoss? I like it!

Fae is way better than I thought it would be. Really interesting, light, smells like late summer to me.

in the bottle: my first thought is of asian candies, then i realize that it's not candies at all but peaches.

wet on skin: unlike many others, the peach is not the overtone. instead there is a lovely soft musk with a peach hiding just behind.

dry: the musk has settled into a smooth base for a very light fruity-floral to dance on. a beautiful scent. very very summery.

In the Vial: Sweet, I’m really picking up the peach

Wet on Skin: Soft and powdery with a hint of the other notes behind the powder, not as sweet at wet in the vial.

Dry on Skin: The powder dominates when I actively smell where I applied it, but I’ll get a whiff of floral undertones, I’m guessing the heliotrope coming out, every once and a while. I notice as I’m typing this, the powder is fading more and the other notes are coming out.

Ethereal is very much the word for this scent; I love it. This will make a very good spring and summer scent, so it’s a shame I bought it as fall sets in, but I suppose now I have something to look forward to. Moderate length, six or so hours later, it's faint but not gone entirely.

This was a floral with light fruit from the get-go...peach, bergamot and white musk. It's blended REALLY well, but there's still lots of floral, and I'm not that much of a floral type person. Later, the fruit disappears and the flowers are still there on me....nice, but with so much to choose from on bpal, it will be going into my swap pile....nice to be able to be so dang picky!!

It is a cool, sweet, juicy scent in the vial, somewhat floal. Yet on my skin, it warms up and become sweeter, becoming a soft and subtle floral with a hint of peach in the background. After a few hours it softens into a gentle floral musk.

Bright. Light. Lovely.

With first application, I immediately get something citrus and sharp, almost lemongrassy. Then I get a light peach scent that is blended well with the bergamot and musk. I sense a floral hanging in the background but that's all it does.

This is really lovely. I'll keep the imp for now but I don't know if I need a bottle.

Imp: Oakmoss and peach. Pretty simple.

Wet: Goes on super light. I get the peach the strongest with a hint of citrus that must be the bergamot. Heliotrope is developing.

Dry: A sweet, delicate peach over a light base of moss and musk. Getting a faint hint of the bergamot and heliotope. Very, very light.

Throw: Mild.

Overall: I have an ongoing love affair with Tamora and she would eat Fae alive. If Tamora was overpowering for you or you want a light, summery blend, I'd recommend Fae.

Fae definitely is an ethereal scent. It's very feminine, misty, peach comes out the strongest for me, and I can't stop smelling myself when I am wearing Fae.

I love this scent, it will be a repeat bottle for me :)

Vial: Sweet, can definitely smell a mix of the floral and fruit notes.

Wet: The peach and heliotrope are prominent with the musk and oakmoss hanging out in the back. It’s very sweet. Strong mix of floral and fruit. Smells like an enchanted grove where faeries would sit and take their meals.

Dry: The fruit and floral notes completely disappeared on me to my great disappointment. On me, this scent transforms into a very earthy smell - musk and oakmoss, and I think that must be the bergamot somewhere in there. As odd as it sounds, it smells like dirt on be. Smells like earth or the smell you get when you walk into a dusty room. Dusty dirt. Best way to describe how it sits on me.

Overall impression: I’m sad about this one because I really wanted those floral and fruit notes to stay. If they had stayed and mixed with the earth notes, I think it would have been very lovely, and I imagine that is how it sits on most of the people who love this scent. While the result on me is not necessarily unpleasant, it’s a bit too earthy. I love woodsy notes, but without any hints of florals or fruit on me, it comes off a bit too masculine on me. Still very interesting though, even if it’s not what I was hoping for.

Fae is such a bizarre little scent, in a completely good way. In the bottle I get something sweet and spicy at the same time (the peach and the musk?) It's an almost sharp scent without being green.

When it's just applied, it reminds me of chai tea. I'm not sure why, but it reminds me of the essence of chai but not the actual scent of chai- the same sweet spiciness with something vaguely herbal underneath that's just barely registering. I read a review for another scent that commented that it smelled like a pagan bookstore- and this reminds me of essentially the same thing. It reminds me of the herbal store that I frequent on occasion.

Fae gets sweeter as it dries, which I'm assuming is the peach coming to the surface more- and fully dry it reminds me of ribbon candy. A lot of people comment that Fae smells like spring to them, but to me it smells like Christmas! This will be an imp that will be replaced.

The imp is rather citrusy. This smells exactly like a slightly fruitier (I'm assuming the peach) Dorian on me. That's pretty much it. Wow, er. It does stand on its own, and it's definitely not an exact clone, but it really does smell a lot like Dorian.

I knew I was going to like Fae, it's a lovely summer juicy peach, balanced out by lovely musk some slight florals, but the moss keeps it nicely grounded. It is a bit odd upon application, as I definitely smell black licorice, but it fades in a minute. Kind of reminiscent of Katharina to me which is one my favorites, but not as strong, sexy or warm. The wear time is only a few hours, and it stays close to the skin. Will slather the imp. Possible bottle purchase in future.

Imp: Peach and musk, lovely.

Wet: Same as imp

Dry: Peach topnote, musk in the front as well. Bergamot and what must be oakmoss and heliotrope (mostly oakmoss and bergamot I think though) in the background rounding out the scent and giving it depth. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Very ladylike, and like someone said earlier, Dorian sprang to mind when I sniffed it. They are quite similar, only I think Fae is a lot sweeter. The peach is quite syrupy. They have nothing in common other than musk, so it's strange that they smell so alike.

This is one of my favourites so far, along with Dorian. If it doesn't get onto my bottle list, I never want to be without an imp of it.

I do wish it had a little more throw, as I can just BARELY smell it 5-6 inches from my skin.

Imp: quite herbaceous, prominent heliotrope and oakmoss.

Wet on Skin: the peach immediately amps, making this blend much sweeter. The white musk definitely adds an ethereal quality to it; the feel is similar to The Girl. An elusive fairy…

Drydown: A light, adorable juicy peach scent with a faint tinge of green. I get little or no bergamot in here (which I think is a pretty bitter citrus scent), which is fine with me. It's also the most closest-to-skin scent I've tried yet.

in the imp: white musk and sweet peaches

wet on skin: VERY strong! Very strong peaches and a alcohol note.

dry on skin: much more softer and pleasant. very light peaches and soft musk. I'll be passing this one to my mom, who *loves* white musk.

This one is really soft musky sweet peach, with something that reminds me of greek candied bergamot peel.

It's a bit too sweet for me but I really like it a lot, it can be light, everyday fruity scent. :)

Wet its sharp and peachy... Don't really care for the sharpness...

Then the sharpness wears off within the hour and the musk comes into play with something more... probably oakmoss or maybe just a mixture of everything and I like this stage.

The throw for me seems to grow stronger as it ages, if I remember correctly, it used to be very light throw -> skin-scent but having tried it again today, I can catch the musk while typing, not overpowering and you don't have to sniff your wrists to catch it. Quite lovely.

Fae is another scent I tried in my search for the peach holy grail. If you like peach but are looking for something that is not as fruity, this is a good one to try. I think the musk is the main scent, then the peach and then the oakmoss (which I love and reminds me of the oakmoss in zombi).

This scent is very light and doesn't last long, though I'm finding that maybe peach is a scent that my skin eats up. I find it hard for any peach to last long on me. This is one of the lightest though, so while I might death match it against others, I don't think it's going to come out on top.