Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Little Bird

Siren

Use this oil in dark love spellwork to gain the affections of someone that is already spoken for.

I don't really want to air all of my dirty laundry... so to make a long story short, there is this girl that keeps popping up and causing issues between myself and my boy. Sort of an ex-girlfriend that will not ex herself out of our lives, and she keeps finding subtle ways to majorly hurt my feelings. I wanted Siren to use along with some other steps that I'm taking to hopefully cut ties with her, get her claws out of my boyfriend, and encourage my boy to quit feeling sorry for her and tell her to get lost once and for all.

The smell of Siren isn't great to me. My first thought was that it reminded me of The Imp of the Perverse... nice, rancid rose. After a while, it smells like perfumey rose and the way that hay smells in a used barn, sort of dusty, sweet, and herbal. It's not great or a good perfume to me, but hopefully it will work along with my intention. I don't plan on really wearing this as a perfume for any of my rituals anyhow.

Whether or not this helps or works for me remains to be seen, but I am hopeful.

ETA. Since I've been using this in a ritual, it is as though the ex-girlfriend has disappeared from mine and my boy's life. He doesn't even get the random phone calls from her anymore... and, in her blissful absence, we're getting even closer with each other. :P

NOTE: This review thread is for the Twilight Alchemy Lab blend. Reviews for the BPAL Love Potion of the same name can be found here. --Shollin Edited by Shollin

OK, I originally wrote a story here, then I felt embarrassed so I deleted it, and then I wrote it again, and now I deleted it again. It's just too personal. Sorry.

However... it works, and it definitely smells rosy.

Edited by filigree_shadow

First off- i haven't used this oil for its intended purpose yet;seeing how its intended purpose is really not something i'd like to share the details of,the fact that i haven't used it yet is neither here nor there for this review :D

With that said,i will decribe the scent of this oil,which is a favorable review. A VERY favorable review.

It smelled gross in the imp (but then again so do alot of things-not talking specifically about BPAL/TAL,but in general,about perfume/lotion/etc in the container & not being worn on the skin). i applied it and it instantly morphed into a GORGEOUS rose scent on me (the weird skin chemistry i have that causes so many scents that 'everyone' loves to turn icky on me is a GOOD thing,for once!). On me,it smells much like the GC oil,Santa Muerte. Which i guess is fitting,with the intent of the oil (Santa Muerte will help one with wishes/petitions that are often considered 'dark',in that they involve specific people,rather than "I'm not naming any names,but I want someone tall,blonde,single,etc.",for example,rather than "that b*itch took my wo/man,I WILL have my wo/man back,and that b*tch will PAY!".). The scent is deep,hot,sultry roses,with an undercurrent of "you want ME,not him/her!" translated into scent form. Roses and something "powerful". i got no unpleasant/barnyard herb notes with my wearing of this oil. Nice,very nice :P

Edited to add: YES,it WORKS. Very,VERY well.

Edited by janelle_hell

I'm just reviewing the scent because at this point I already have a relationship going, but I wanted to smell this nonetheless. The littlest bit goes a long ways. On me , maybe because I didn't need it, it reminded me of decaying roses, squash laying out in the fields and vanilla. The scent swooned around me like a diaphanous cloud. Very New Orleans, very vegetal, very Erzulie.

without going into a long and personal story, i didn't find siren to be particularly effective in my particular case. i did my utmost to be open and respectful with good intent, despite siren being labeled as a dark spellwork oil. i really did try to use it as a nudge rather than a binding tool. i had a fairly negative result and found a new home for this volatile lady.

for those interested in this scent-wise (although i'm not sure that's a great idea), i found it to be a dark, wet, almost swampy rose that i continued to smell on my hands for two days after i'd used it to anoint candles and other items. it can outlast the hottest shower and the strongest soap.

I cannot attest to this oil's effectiveness (yet), but it definitely smells of rose. Rose and something a bit dark and vaguely sinister underneath it. It appeals to me, as an über-Scorpio.