Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Little Bird

Temple: Druidic

This is going to be a scent-based review, as I actually wear a lot of my temple blend oils.

Temple: Druidic smells like a mixture of juniper, juniper berry, and mints. At first it smells very green, like smashing juniper greens and their dark blue little berries between my hands. My grandmother has juniper planted all along her walkway, and I immediately thought of that. Then there is a burst of sweet mint that makes me think of wintermint chewing gum.

The drydown smells exactly like juniper bushes as the mint disappears. Lovely and pleasant, but I'm not sure how I would use this one, because the scent association makes me think of nothing but my grandmother's house and going there during the summer.

This is the finest woodland scent I have ever tried. It so perfectly evokes the feeling of a druid's temple beneath the ancient trees. I cannot say exactly what trees are in here. It is not pure christmas tree by any means. These trees are not dead or cut. They are ancient, tall and regal hardwoods bearing witness to the druid's rituals.

It works beautifully worn, but I am certain it would make an incredible ritual scent, too.

I have used Temple Druidic in an oil burner. It was much sweeter than I expected - along with the wood plenty of berries and a little animal. I tried to clear my mind while using it and got an image of a fossilized shark's tooth (in my own mouth). How strange.

I've had this for a while, and forgot to review it. Straight-up spearmint and juniper on me, getting a little too sweet, but it's much more woodsy on my husband and he stole it away. :P

I use the Temple blends in this way: I put them in a diffuser at night and meditate to them before falling asleep.

Temple Druidic is beautiful for spring. It smells like a pine forest which is wet from melting snow, but bright with wintergreen. It is a fresh spring like scent--it reminds me of a stream rushing through a forest just coming back to life. The mint makes it sweet, but it is still cool and piney.

It evokes great forests quite well for me.

This is a very powerful combination of spearmint and juniper to my nose, with berries hidden in there somewhere. All in all, this scent is very evocative of an evergreen forest. Minty, piney and fruity, what an interesting combination. It would work as a wonderful room scent, and probably works wonderfully as a meditation oil as well. Maybe not so great for wearing, I think it would be too strong for me.

Scent: This brings to mind great forests and woodlands, a touch of earth, berries found in the wild, and lots of juniper.

Use: I haven't done a lot of direct Druid work, so in order to test this out I chose to anoint myself with it and use it in a guided meditation. One thing is certain: it really helped me connect to center and to ground myself for the meditation. I venture a guess that the earth and forest element was an aid in that.