Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Unrestrained revelry, unchained licentiousness! Violet deepened with vetiver.

Definitely getting the vetiver in this. I'm not familiar with violet in anything other than Parma Violet form, so I'm not sure how true the floral side of it is, but it's a good balance. Gets less herbal and very smoky the longer it's on.

It's pretty masculine, but it could definitely work as unisex too.

Did I get the same oil everyone else reviewed? *does double take, label is same* I mean, it was discontinued a couple years ago, maybe it's mellowed a lot with age? I actually hesitated to try this so I tested a couple other scents first, just because the reviews were either love it or hate it (with a lot falling onto the second category) but it really didn't smell at all like what I expected given all that. It was a nice, strong violet, fairly similar to the one in Bruised Violet Compound. Sweet and powdery. The vetiver gave it some depth without being overpowering. I think I really like vetiver actually. It seems to work well with my chemistry so far. This perfume wasn't heavy or dark though, it was actually pretty fresh smelling. The vetiver gives a freshness and planty depth to the powder of the violet. It brought up a scent memory of a morning on vacation to Disneyland with my family. Waiting for the tram in front of the hotel in the cool, misty morning, before the day gets really hot. I've always loved that exact time of day in that exact place, and the fact that this reminds me of it, I kinda want to track down every bottle left and just swim in the stuff! :wub3: (Why did I have to go and fall in love with a discontinued scent, damn it?) <_< The color feeling is soft blue-toned purple and cool mint green.

Edited by Mermaid-on-Land

Hmm. Upon application I get sweet violet, which quickly turns into something that smells a lot like velvet. I thought I had misread the description, but it turns out that I hadn't, and somehow this just turns into velvet on me.

It smells very clean, like freshly washed velvet.

While that can be nice... it's not quite for me.

Very very strong vetiver with a touch of ice cold violet. Vetiver is my death note unfortunately, so if that's the opposite for you, go try this!