Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
allamanda

Delight

In ancient India it was believed that a specific combination of flower petals, when strewn across a couple's bed, would amplify desire and sexual pleasure. This blend is a blend of the same floral essences, refined into a gloriously sinful perfume blend. Frangipani, with rose, tuberose, and jasmine.

Initially incredibly sweet. Then I was especially aware of the Frangipani and Jasmine. As it matured on my skin I could just smell the rose if I concentrated. Still reminds me of Jelly Tots or something. Very nice, a keeper. My early reaction was, 'maybe not compulsive', now I can't stop sniffing it! There is so much depth to this fragrance.

Final verdict: absolutely fantastic

I didn't think the notes would be very "me" when I first read the description on the BPAL site, but I'm always willing to give Black Phoenix scents a try. I'm so glad I did! Delight is a lovely floral with a beautiful, powdery drydown. It is gentle and feminine and while it is lovely on its own, it layers gorgeously with their single note Carnation or Amber.

The jasmine and frangipani are the strongest scents in this one. It's very floral but kind of "eastern". It's too floral for me really but if you like frangipani you will love this!

I don't know what frangipani is supposed to smell like, but this was greener than I expected and not an overpowering floral - a nice balance of the two.

At first: sharp, sweet, old lady flowers.

Then: it softens, but I still smell like an old lady (a clean old lady). Poop.

Initially it was a very strong jasmine scent, after a little while it settled into a more floral scent, like a garden in full bloom in the height of summer.

As it settles its becoming softer, this is too floral for me.

This scent was mostly rose on me with the sweetness/greeness of the frangipani. I barely could smell the jasmine. This was a bit overpowering when first applied, but it dried down to a softer smell. It was okay. I'm not big on rose, only certain rose blends. This was just okay for me. I'll have to try it again before I decide for sure.

I've tried this one several times to seen if what happened wasn't a coincidence: two times on me and twice in a burner.

This scent makes me fall asleep. This works especially well in an oil burner (even in moderate amounts), but on myself the scent make sme drowsy as well. To give this finding a bit of scientific flair, yes, I did test the oil out on different times of the day.

The scent is a floral, but I'm not good at identifying individual florals. It's good for going to bed -when I don't have any action in mind that is.

Edited by Tesseljoan

First Sniff

Jasmine and an unidentified bouquet.

Drydown

Sweet flowers.

After a While

Pretty much the same as the dry down. It's still a generic floral to me with the jasmine occasionally peeking out. I have no idea what frangipani smells like so I maybe smelling it without knowing. Good staying power.

Final Verdict

Perfectly pleasant but not different enough for me.

At first, to me it was all Tuberose. Then the Tuberose mixed with Jasmine. And it stayed that way for a good long while. Then it faded to just a nice light floral.

It's a really nice floral. Lasted about 4 hours.

It definitely seems like a special occasion perfume to me.

Wet, I found this to be somewhat overpowering, a very, very strong floral scent, very much predominated by the jasmine (and I am another person whose chemistry reacts to jasmine differently at different times). However, once this dried down, it has morphed into a lovely, lovely floral bouquet. I can smell the rose, tuberose, and jasmine just about in equal amounts, as I can another floral that I can't identify which must be the frangipani. This is truly lovely. I am always on the hunt for a jasmine scent that I can wear, and this one seems to agree with my chemistry quite well. Another lovely unique floral creation from Beth.

First Impression: Oh sweet floral wine!

Second Impression: The frangipani and jasmine are the two main components of this blend. The rose and tuberose just a wee bit, tempering the jasmine.

Final Analysis: I really like that the jasmine isn't overbearing. Very well balanced, sweet and extremely sexy. Delight is the daytime version of Lilith. It's addictive, gorgeous and long lasting. On the big bottle wish list!!! :P

This was a freebie sent along with my order, and to be honest from the site's description, I was never keen on it. Delight sounded too floral for me, and I always associated the scent of rose with the scent of Eau de Old Lady With Too Much Perfume On. So I didn't think I would be too delighted with Delight.

This is one of the last ones that I've tried in my batch that I received, and you know what? I am quite surprised.

Out of the bottle I was like, "eh," but upon actually taking the plunge and putting some on my wrists, I found a long-lasting, potent scent that evoked incense and mystery. Although this one is very floral, the scents that my skin brought out had a bit of a spicy edge to them to counteract the rose, which was the note I noticed the most, so this wasn't something I felt was particularly "flowery."

I really like this, and I look forward to eventually purchasing a 5 ml bottle. It's not something I would wear every day, because I think Delight is a very complex and intense fragrance that would be perfect for evening tea dates or walks by the moonlight. It reminded me a little bit of the bottle of Tresor my mother has, but I think Delight smells much better.

Although it smelled nice on me, keep in mind body chemistry has a lot to play in the dictation of the scent. A guy at my job liked it so much he tried on some of Delight on his wrists, and then wailed "Oh no! I've made it smell like English Leather!!"

First off, this one has given me a -slight- burn; my skin is ever so slightly red on the more sensitive pulse points where I applied it. However, the burn is fading quickly, so I'll see if a second application later produces a stronger reaction.

This smells a bit like my garden in the morning. Next door has roses, I have jasmine and a number of random flowers and herbs planted. It's a lovely wet rose scent for the first few moments, and then things slowly dry out to produce a very romantic warm rose. I'm only in the first few minutes of this, but so far I'm enjoying it.

I have layered it with a chunk of Lush's Amondopondo and half of an In The Nude to keep the rose theme going. While this makes a perfect summer scent, I like the idea of wearing this in the dead of winter whilst curled up in front of the fire or lounging in a coffee shop, just to surprise people with a tickle of rose as they pass.

at first: this is really, really heavy. it's an incredibly thick floral. i'm not sure if i'll end up liking this one.

on: hmmm...dark and almost like men's cologne. however, it's very beautiful. i can't pick out any of the notes, but the overall effect is rather nice.

1.5 hours later: very heavy and perfume-y. this isn't very interesting on me. it's turned a tiny bit sweet, also. i'm still not able to pick out any of the individual notes.

2.5 hours later: unfortunately, my skin has turned this into a boring sweet floral scent. nothing interesting at all.

4.5 hours later: just sweetness. nothing else.

overall: well, once again, my skin chemistry has turned a potentially interesting scent into something boring. this one will have to go.

In the bottle: Jasmine and something sweet.

Sadly this had the staying power of a gnat on me and the jasmine smell, while pretty and intense for the wet stage, went poof-be-gone on the drydown. I'm left with something vaguely soft and sweet and not much else. Ah well.

Delight

in the vial: I smell roses and something sharp and vaguely citrus

wet: same as in the vial; as it dries the sharp smell mellows a bit; the rose becomes very prominent

dry: I smell rosewood.

1 hour later: fading fast

3 hours later: all I smell is a faint hint of jasmine

4 hours later: gone

verdict: I'm not sure I like this; I will try it again before making a final decision.

I usually love rose, jasmine and frangipani, so I had really high hopes when I tried Delight.

Contrary to most reviews here, it didn't change much from wet to drydown, but turned straight into an extremely sweet, but otherwise rather unremarkable floral.

When I tried it the second time, the sweetness was not as overpowering, but the floral notes still did not quite "bloom" on my skin. I am swapping this one.

I have been wearing Delight all day. I could live in it. It smells like vanilla and musky florals. I don't think vanilla is actually in it, but that's how it turns on me. It's sexy. It's exotic, but sweet.

Love it!

All I get is jasmine, jasmine, jasmine when I put this on! I couldn't sense much rose in this, nor am I familiar enough with the other notes to have been able to pick them out. I love jasmine on the plant, but alas, the Lab's jasmine doesn't work so well with my skin. Like I seem to be saying a lot with jasmine-related reviews lately, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. Fortunately, a friend of mine once again loved this and was able to give it a happier, good-chemistry home.

In the vial: Whoa! Sickening sweet floral and wine (?) or something else with a sweet and sour fruity fragrance.

Wet, on my skin: Overpoweringly sweet jasmine. I can smell some rose, but I am mostly getting jasmine.

On drydown: Pretty much stayed that same as while wet, although it was not as strong. Much too floral for me. I will be swapping this one.

In bottle: Superfloral. Frangipani and jasmine - both notes are similar and very strong on this. The rose adds a 'commercial' feeling to this fragrance - combinations with jasmine/rose/tuberose/frangipani are very popular this season so this isn't as unique as I remember it being when I first purchased it.

On me: There's something fresh and green for a brief instant, but it fades quickly to near-pure jasmine. Rose and jasmine both have a tendency to dominate on my skin, but rose definitely retreated to the background in this blend. It isn't particularly complimentary on me, but I'm also quite down on this combination at the moment. Perhaps in a year or two when perfumers and other 'scentualists' have moved on to the next big trend I can try it again with less of a bias against it.

Wow, Delight is a really strong floral, not me at all. The frangipani and jasmine are the strongest notes on me, they are a little sour and just "off." Add the tuberose and this is one heady blend!

I agree with the reviews- this is one supercharged floral. It is very heady in nature. One should use this sparingly- because a little goes a long way. I find this floral blend to be quite classy and sophisticated. Very nice indeed..

Delight is a very nice floral but as someone stated, somewhat generic smelling. After 10 minutes it has faded almost completely. It might be nice for layering but alas, I like to leave scent behind me everywhere I go. It is worthy of another try though. However, I will probably swap this after using up the imp.