Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
allamanda

Delight

In ancient India it was believed that a specific combination of flower petals, when strewn across a couple’s bed, would amplify desire and sexual pleasure. This blend is a blend of the same floral essences, refined into a gloriously sinful perfume blend. Frangipani, with rose, tuberose, and jasmine.

Yum....

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Yum....

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

What else can I say? This one smells fantastic!

The frangipani overpowers the flowers on this one, making it very nice. I think I might be in love with my wrist. I am so glad the jasmine stayed to the back of this one. I can sense the floral, but I like it. It is to the back. I will worship the imp, oh yes I will.

Yum.... Edited by Shollin

A very well-blended floral. It’s difficult to pick out the individual notes. As it dries down a bit, I’m beginning to detect the jasmine.

This blend doesn’t really do much for me; however, it’s a rare floral that catches my interest.

I know I had this as an imp that I used up and while I recall really loving it, for some reason that I could not remember I had NOT gotten a big bottle of it when I was buying similarly floral scents in 5 MLs such as Eve, Spectre, Nocturne and Old New Orleans ...

BOTTLE: A tangy floral but lurking somewhere behind it was something slightly sour. However it has been my experience that the bottle scent is the least reliable.

WET: A very unusual floral ... I could be wrong, and I am sure others here can confirm or deny, but I think Delight may be the only BPAL scent to include Frangipani so that might be the unique scent. Very tropical and summery ... NO hint of rose on me with this at all.

DRYDOWN: I love the initial throw while it is drying down and interestingly enough it seems to give a different throw on my wrists and from my cleavage. A sexy summer vacation scent ... BUT I also remembered why I didn't get a big bottle originally now ... it dries down a little bit plastic-y on me ...

I actively dislike the smell of jasmine and while I like the smell of Rose in theory, I've never met one that worked on me and have given up trying. It looks like I'm out on my own with this one, but delight was no delight on me. I think there's something wrong with my nose because any time I smell jasmine I smell nail polish remover, and delight smelled overwhelmingly of acetone on me. Obviously, this is a problem unique to my skin chemistry because I seem to be alone on this. It was also extremely strong and the acetone note continued during drydown. I would have washed it off but I was too tired (and too busy smelling my other arm, which I had tested Verdandi on).

It's a shame, but at this point if an oil is red (dragon's blood is always too sweet on me) or has jasmine or rose in it I can almost guarantee I won't like how they smell on me. Delight is no exception. Darn skin :P I will be regifting this one.

in the vial i smelled paste :P

wet was jasmine, w/ opaste in teh background

stayed a jaminey glue type scent

off to swaps

I get strong jasmine, followed closely by frangipani, straight out the bottle. On my skin the frangipani becomes stronger, and after living in the UK for 5 years I've forgotten how much I love the smell of frangipanis!

Unfortunately the smell fades pretty quickly on me, but at the very least I think I'll always want this around to use on me or as a room scent for grey days when I'm feeling homesick.

First sniff from the bottle- Herbal floral

After 10 minutes- Ugh. This is....not good. It's very bitter and medicinal smelling on me. It is herbal and floral but very bitter. Maybe that is the Frangipani I am smelling?

After 30 minutes- I feel bad about saying this but this one totally smells like Ben Gay to me! I had to wash it off. Sorry Beth!

Edited by requieminblack

Very sweet. I smell the tuberose most strongly on my skin.

On me it needs an anchor, maybe somes sandalwood? I poured the imp into my shampoo, and now my hair smells like a southern belle.

:P

Overwhelming, cloying, almost violent florals. This is not playing well on my skin and stings my nose. I'm guessing the frangipani is the funky undertone to the clash of rose and jasmine.

Off to swaps with thee, Deltight.

Delight:

Delight started out a strong, heavy floral then faded to just an old-lady perfume scent. My skin really seems to amp up rose, and that's all I got out of this, with just tiny hints of jasmine.

Sad. I really thought this one would work out. :P

I loved the smell of this after about an hour and a half of wearing it. Once it settles it really is lovely - soft and sweet. Unfortunately, before getting to that point it gives me terrible headaches.

I tried it as a room fragrance hoping to get the lovely smell without the pain but no luck. This one will have to go. :P

this was absolutely beautiful in the bottle; like a lazy summer afternoon spent in bed exploring your lover in a room filled with flowers.

right until the jasmine showed up, anyways. then it's "honey, i've got a headache. not right now, okay?"

jasmine. JasmineJasmineJasmine JASMINE!

Heavy, thick, sticky flowers. It smells like the feel of getting jam on your hands, kinda icky-sticky. Definately only for people who like flowers. A lot.

I've been curious about this one, as it's the Lab's only frangipani blend thus far, and also because I have to try all of Beth's rose blends. :P

Whew, it's a strong one! I can smell a thick sweetness before even opening the imp! Hm, it gets much less sweet on my skin--a faintly bitter-edged floral (it's almost a *lavender* hint, oddly) with an incense edge. Very interesting. I have no idea what frangipani smells like alone, but this reminds me of a less-sweet Sacred Whore, which is good since the heliotrope made that one unwearable for me. I'm not getting any rose yet, alas...maybe on the drydown.

Edited to add: drat, Brian says I smell a bit old lady-ish. That's got to be the jasmine; I keep inadvertently running into it, because it's in so *many* of the floral blends, and it's about time I accept that it always goes bad on me. The rose never did appear. I appreciate my swapper letting me try this, but it'll be a re-swap!

Edited by Laurel the Woodfairy

When I first applied Delight, I was taken aback by how sour it seemed. Frangipani tends to do that on my skin—go sour at first but then blossom into lovliness. Sadly, Delight doesn’t deliver, and instead lets the jasmine run rampant, creating a sweet, powdery, air-freshener type scent.

This is a very sweet floral blend. It turns syrupy and cloying on my skin, and the notes are very mottled so that it turns into one mutant flower instead of being able to identify them separately. Fare thee well, Delight. Off to the swap pile with you.

In the vial, I got the glue scent that others have gotten. It smells "fake."

After it's dried, however, it warms up becomes a sticky green and softly spicy scent. Not me at all, but I find it strangely compelling. I wouldn't call it sinful or sexy, though. It's too bright and straightforward for that.

I may swap my imp, but I like it enough to keep it for now.

This is a bright yellow, sunny scent for me. I love it! Strong, powerful frangipani both on the wet and dry down. It's a strong, long - lasting scent that keeps me "delighted" for hours. This is one of those scents that actually elevates my mood when I wear it. It's an olfactory and a mental pick me up. Already bought my big bottle!! :D :P

wet: did i get the wrong imp? cuz i don't smell any of those notes! icky, like bad dirt. :P

as it dries, it becomes spicier, more friendly. i still don't pick out the frangipani, tho. . . i want it to smell like they did in figi!

this one confuses me. i don't know if i like it on me or not. there is a nice sweetness, but there's also a generic perfume sharpness over it. . . could be nice layered with something heavier or sweeter.

Hmm. I was dying to try this, since I'm a great lover of frangipani and jasmine.

In the imp: Heady floral, but I'm not picking out a particular note.

Wet: Sweet, pretty floral, but the frangipani isn't as predominant as I'd hoped. Particularly since this is the only BPAL that uses it, I'd hoped it would be strong. It's a bit sweet, giving me occasional wafts of something like Sweetarts or Pez.

Drydown: It must be the tuberose that my skin is amping; there's a sort of round, green floral taking centre stage here. (I say the tuberose because I don't know that scent, and it's definitely not rose, jasmine or frangipani that I'm smelling) It's gone slightly, not-unpleasantly powdery in the drydown. The longer it's on, the more the jasmine is starting to become noticeable, but not predominant.

Overall, this is very pretty, but not what I'd been hoping for. I'll probably use up the imp rather than trading it off, but I don't think I'd buy a bottle.

This went very head shop/patchouli on me. I'm not sure which note came out smelling like patchouli. Unfortunately, this means I can't wear it. My significant other loathes patchouli, so there will be no Delight if I wear this! :P

ADDED March 30:

I reviewed this a long time ago, but for whatever reason, it struck me as being sort of heavy and patchouli-ish at the time. My impression of it now is vastly different. I think maybe my tastes have changed after a year of BPAL assimilation. :D

I like Delight a lot. It's a floral blend, mostly, though I can't necessarily pick out the individual floral notes in it. Complementing the floral is a slight scent of exotic incense. Neither the flowers nor the incense is overpowering; this is a light scent. More "flirty" than overtly "sexy", if that makes sense.

In Bottle: This fragrance is sweet (the frangipani) and I can smell the jasmine. I think I might like this floral! I'm a fan of tuberose.

Wet: Jasmine dominates the other flowers is this blend. It is pretty strong at first. Hopefully it will fade a bit and the sweetness will re-emerge.

Dry: Sadly, the jasmine remains the dominant note. It's too clean smelling for me. I guess I know what to start staying away from.

Delight

Preconceived notions: a deep, complex, delightful, oriental floral - hmm... sounds like it might be a little too light for me.

In the vial: sticky sharp flower stem juice. Ugh.

On me:

*coughs* Whoa florals. Ylang ylang, jasmine, maybse some peony or rose. Oh, this is so not me.

In 15 minutes:

Sharp flowers screaming at me. I can’t pick any out from the crowd.

In 30 minutes:

Gentler now, and sweeter. Honey maybe? Still, too floral and light for me.

In 50 minutes:

About the same, but faint.

Overall:

Not for me at all.

I guess I am hard headed when it comes to rose scents. They dont work on me. They turn to nail polish remover on my skin. Wah!!! Glad I got a chance to smell but I will have to pass this one one.

A heavy, heady floral. Not necessarily a bad thing, as I love floral scents. On me, however, it quickly became overpowering. A very sexy scent -- nothing innocent about *this* floral! I do like the smell, but it just doesn't suit my personality very well.

Swap time.

Edited by lokelani