Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nia

Best scents for performing, public speaking, anytime on stage

Gypsy Queen sounds delicious. I've never tried that one.

I'll definitely keep it in mind for future performances, but I doubt I'll be able to find an imp of it by Friday. Thanks for the suggestion!

When I was taking tribal bellydancing, I would wear Bengal. It just smells right to me - just enough musk, just enough spice, and it faded wonderfully into my skin so that I didn't smell like I was wearing it, it smelled like me. Only much, much better.

I'm into forensics (more commonly known as speech and debate), and a friend and I are acting out a piece about king Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine (while she's been under house arrest for 14 years). I was wondering if anyone knew of scents that would help us project the air of conflict and regal backstabbing that this piece seeks to communicate.

Although they are fictional characters from a different time and place, "the air of conflict and regal backstabbing" immediately brought to mind the Vicomte de Valmont and Marquise de Merteuil. I don't know if the scents would otherwise appeal to you, but they seem to have a lot in common with Eleanor & Henry.

I was this close to starting a new thread about this until I looked back and saw this. I am so nervous, I am a teaching intern for one of my classes, and I have to teach the class/do a course review on Thursday for an hour and a half. I am so awful at speaking in general, and public speaking, and I feel so unprepared, and I am SO NERVOUS. I know I said that twice--I'll probably repeat myself a million times in class too!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what perfume makes them feel the most confident, like a self-assured, smart woman who knows what she's talking about? I could really use something like that! I looked through the thread but it seemed the other suggestions were more for performing, plus I don't have any of the oils (although I do have a ton!) Can anyone recommend an oil that makes you feel calm, collected, confident?