Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
lorajc

Sagittarius

No description from the Lab:

This is a light spicy, warm scent that is light enough to wear in the summer which makes it perfect for those people who don't like florals. It did have an odd top note...either an herbal or eucalyptus note that was bitter at first (you really have to let it get thru that stage before you judge it). However, when I rec'd my 5 ml bottle, this top note is not as noticeable. This ended up being a fav of mine.

Amazing peppery goodness. Definitely a fire scent. I don't know what's in it, but the only scent I might guess at is frankincense, but this is so much more peppery, it's a mystery for me. There's also the slightest hint of something almost medicinal lurking in the background. For me, this would be a fall/winter scent. It would make a great candle and I would love to take a bath in it on a yucky cold winter day.

On me, the Saggittarius spices were far too heavy to wear in the summer (definitely a fire sign!); I imagine it will be perfect in the depths of winter when I want to be robed in spicy warmth.

This scent doesn't change that much as it dries, and it lasts for hours upon hours. I can't wait to wear it with a nice fuzzy sweater for my December birthday!

This had a minty astringent smell on application. It smelled like one of those things you apply when you get a bug bite, and when you apply it to your skin, your skin tingles and feels cool. This is a spicy scent and was a bit unbearable for me the first hour or so, because the astringent, minty, spiciness (hot spicy, not Snake Oil spices) was a bit too much (and the scent was very strong). After two hours, the spices have calmed down, and there's still a medicinal feel to it, but it's softer, almost like a spicy flower is there.

Perhaps my nose needs an adjustment...I thought this smelled like a fir-scented gingerbread man. It's a good smell, a nice comforting smell that I would love to have around in November and December while preparing for the holidays. It didn't last so long on me -3 hours and it's mostly faded, but I didn't put on very much at all. The drydown was nice, though- the sharper notes faded with time and a light, spicy scent is left.

Darn, again.

Could have gotten some Sagittarius if I'd known it would smell this good on me.

Right out of the vial, it took me a moment to place the scent/taste of freshly split sunflower seeds. That subtle flash is followed by something like rosemary, eucalyptus, black pepper and camphor.

Overall impression is warm, green and earthy. It clears the head.

In bottle: Very familiar. I recognize what I smell - I've come across these notes before, but I don't know what they are. It's sharp and woody.

On me: Cedar? Vetiver? Juniper? I think at least one of these notes is in here - possibly more than one. If this was a color it would be a warm brown. It's a drier wood than I thought it would be, and there's hints of pepper.

at first: very strong and sharp. i think i may smell pine.

on: this smells like vicks to me. i think that i'm smelling eucalyptus.

2 hours later: more of a woodsy scent now.

3.5 hours later: i think i smell cedar, which is not a good thing.

6.5 hours later: still a slightly-off wood scent. i think i may be smelling cardamon.

overall: i liked this at first, but i'm not sure that i like how it develops. i'll be keeping my imp.

Mmmmm.

Warm, rich and interesting with a hint of spice that reminds me a bit of Sol, and a bit of Cerberus (think cerberus after the rum-note wears off, but less rich & sweet). This one is richer, without the dried grass smell. There's also an interesting top note for the first half hour or so... Almost mint-like. Others have called it eucalyptus, on me it seemed like mint. I like it better after that wears off 'cause it doesn't seem to mesh well with the rest of it.

In summary: I like it!

EDIT: ooooh, as time goes by (a couple hours after application) a peep of cardamom/incense is coming to the foreground. I like it even more!

Edited by Muppetk

In the bottle: Eucalyptus, maybe juniper berries as well

First on: The eucalyptus has calmed enough to release some cedar and maybe clove?

Drydown: Mmmm..... this reminds me of the Clove chewing gum that's so hard to find now. no more eucalyptus or juniper, this is all clove and cedar.

Anyone have a bottle they don't want?

Bottle (Imp): Astringent.

Just On: Citrus astringent.

An hour or two later: Hmm, this has morphed to something I'm not familiar with.

Around 6 hours: Almost totally gone, and it is still really unfamiliar.

12 hours: Totally gone.

Overall: I just cannot figure out what is in this, it's totally unfamiliar to my nose. It's fairly pleasant, but it makes me wrinkle my nose in an effor to figure out what is in it.

After reading other reviews: Sunflower seeds! That is the scent I couldn't figure out. I didn't get any mint out of it, but I guess it's peppery sunflower seeds that I was smelling. It starts out totally citrus and astringent, and then morphs so much that it's almost like I put something different on.

sag.jpg

Eucalyptus out of the bottle, or a pine like smell. Very masculine and sagittarian. But strange things happens when it starts to dry. They mint/pine smell disappears and out comes a charming cinnamon scent that lingers. This one totally changes its personality after drying. I swear that in the end I can't smell any hint of the piney sort of scent it started out with as almost a single note. Like most of the sagittarians I know, hard to pin down and eternally changing.

My Impression: Fire in a bottle :D

At first it is pine like or maybe the eucalyptus that stands out on this one, but after a while it morphs into a complex and compelling scent...Alas I have but an imp but I would wear it daily if it were an available scent... :D

I am only sorry to not be able to have added anything worthwhile to this chain of reviews on this one. :P

But I DO recommend it :D

First on... eucalyptus and pine. Medicinal and sinus-clearing, it is. After a few minutes, it begins to get a bit woodsy. Spicy cedar and black pepper, perhaps with a hint of cinnamon or clove.

After an hour or so, this smells primarily like cedar on me, and my skin often amps up cedar. It's a spicy cedar... and I'm not lovin' it.

Sagittarius is not me. It fails to work with me much like my ex-boyfriend (a Sagittarius himself, and I never understood him) failed to work with me, lol.

Sagittarius - First impression is that this is a eucalyptus and cedar blend. Almost instantly behind that, I detect something strong and sharp like clove and maybe a bit of pepper. The eucalyptus softens upon drydown and becomes less overwhelming and blends nicely with the other notes, and around this same point, the clove really begins to amp up and become the dominant note in this blend, with the cedar not too far behind it. This is an incredibly earthy blend. It’s very masculine and outdoorsy. It’s definitely not a blend that would become a part of my personal repertoire, but I can imagine that there are quite a few people who would enjoy this, possibly men in particular (I think I'd really like to smell it on my husband!). It has a nice level of throw – enough to enjoy yourself without offending others, and its wear length is about average.

This is herbal and bitter on first application, not unpleasant, but certainly medicinal. As it dries, it gets a little spicy, but the astringent note strengthens as well. Yikes! Given time, I start to smell sweeter notes--something woodsy and clean. A nice and cleansing scent, but not one I'd wear as perfume.

Frimp from a Lab auction.

Wet? Yup. That's eucalyptus. Great for medicinal purposes, and I love eucalyptus boiled lollies, but like tea-tree oil, this isn't something I want to smell like. Everyone will think I have the flu.

It vanishes quickly though. A brief wave of peppery woods, and then the whole lot fades away to a faint, barely there nondescript dusty wood.

I'm afraid this one isn't doing it for me.

SAGITTARIUS

In Bottle: Spicy herbal

On Skin: This is the original formula, not the reissue. This scent opens my sinuses right after I apply it, full of menthol and herbal notes. I get a sweetness too… woody… maybe cedar? Yes, cedar for sure… it reminds me of a sauna my friends had made of cedar wood. Soft, warm and slightly medicinal. There is a bit of spice here too… how interesting. Chilly with the herbal note and warm with the cedar and spice. A nice contrast. It’s not a scent I would wear, but I enjoyed reviewing it. It has an average throw and fairly long wearlength.

Given the age of this blend, don't really get the menthol in this. It has an herbal note, which I think is sage, and definitely pepper in it. I think there is either spruce or fir, and a hint of cedar, as it dries, to a warm slightly woody spicy blend.

There is something slightly golden about this blend.