Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Pixie-elf

Honeysuckle blends

I haven't tried that particular conditioner, rymorg2, but I am going to be looking for it next time I'm at Whole Foods - honeysuckle rose sounds wonderful.

There are only a few blends that contain both honeysuckle and rose - first up, the only one that's currently available from the Lab is Schlafende Bagneuse, from the Salon. The notes are skin musk, white cream, honeycomb, yellow rose, King mandarin, chrysanthemum, golden amber, honeysuckle, and wide-throated yellow monkey-flower accord. It's a gorgeous blend, but I have no idea how much it might resemble your conditioner =)

Her Voice, an LE from early 2008 (Lupercalia update), has hyacinth, beeswax, wild roses, vanilla amber, lily of the valley, tiger lily, honeysuckle, carnation, and heliotrope. Bearded Lady, an older LE from 2005/2006, is getting hard to find - the notes in it are Turkish rose, stargazer lily, violet, honeysuckle, amber, star jasmine and vanilla.

I was surprised that so few blends combine these two notes, but then again, both can be very assertive notes - BPAL honeysuckle seems to be a cousin of jasmine. Maybe some of the jasmine/rose blends might be fun to try to see if they are up your alley too.

I haven't tried that particular conditioner, rymorg2, but I am going to be looking for it next time I'm at Whole Foods - honeysuckle rose sounds wonderful.

There are only a few blends that contain both honeysuckle and rose - first up, the only one that's currently available from the Lab is Schlafende Bagneuse, from the Salon. The notes are skin musk, white cream, honeycomb, yellow rose, King mandarin, chrysanthemum, golden amber, honeysuckle, and wide-throated yellow monkey-flower accord. It's a gorgeous blend, but I have no idea how much it might resemble your conditioner =)

Her Voice, an LE from early 2008 (Lupercalia update), has hyacinth, beeswax, wild roses, vanilla amber, lily of the valley, tiger lily, honeysuckle, carnation, and heliotrope. Bearded Lady, an older LE from 2005/2006, is getting hard to find - the notes in it are Turkish rose, stargazer lily, violet, honeysuckle, amber, star jasmine and vanilla.

I was surprised that so few blends combine these two notes, but then again, both can be very assertive notes - BPAL honeysuckle seems to be a cousin of jasmine. Maybe some of the jasmine/rose blends might be fun to try to see if they are up your alley too.

Thanks for those recs! I'll check on the Schlafende Bagneuse for sure! :P

I'm a diehard honeysuckle rose conditioner user! I use it as a leave in (thick, curly hair). Bat Woman is my new honeysuckle lover.

Honeysuckle is my favorite floral fragrance of all time. But I have a stupid question... does the version of the honeysuckle plant from the southern US smell different from the one in the northern US? I ask because I have ever only been able to find one perfume that smells like the honeysuckle that blooms up here in CT, and that's Demeter's Honeysuckle perfume. The lab blends and other companies' scents smell... different. I don't know how to explain it, but it just doesn't smell like honeysuckle to me :( And I notice that there's always connections made between the south and honeysuckle, so I wasn't sure if it was any different.

Edited by Delirium1009

All the honeysuckle bushes in my part of the world are in bloom right now and it smells soooooo good. I'm looking for a BPAL that has honeysuckle in it and doesn't deviate too much from just honeysuckle.

All the honeysuckle bushes in my part of the world are in bloom right now and it smells soooooo good. I'm looking for a BPAL that has honeysuckle in it and doesn't deviate too much from just honeysuckle.

I'm a big, big honeysuckle fan (I have some really great memories associated with that smell), and the scent that does it best for me is Eos. It also includes jasmine, buttercup and "softly glowing skin" (skin musk?), but to me, it smells like a warm, sweet Summer breeze scented with honeysuckle. New Orleans is similar and also mostly honeysuckle on me, but there's an undertone of... decay, for lack of a better word, that makes it atmospheric but not necessarily the pure honeysuckle you're looking for.

Just curious what your favorites would be if you were looking for honeysuckle? I'm mostly interested in things where that is the main scent. So, what's your choice?

Eos.

I've tried a few other scents with honeysuckle in it and Eos was by far the winner for me (in fact, I have not liked the others at all!). I've read in the reviews that some people get heavy jasmine from it, but the jasmine note is not dominant on me at all.

(Edit to add the others I've tried: Juliet was ALL lilies, Lolita was all heliotrope with none of the sweetness that everyone else seems to get, and New Orleans was just... yucky.) (Adding later: "yucky" is a terrible description, and not helpful at all. It amps jasmine like crazy on me and I guess the "decay" note is strong on me because it smells like rotting flowers).

Edited by Tiada

Twilight is beautiful. The lavender is a bit strong at the beginning, but it tones down nicely and it's a really lovely scent. Sort of glowing, very warm and sensual.

Chimera is a spicy, warm honeysuckle backed by a light resin from the copal. Shanghai is very clean and light. If you've tried Embalming Fluid, it has a similar feel but is more floral from the honeysuckle.

My favourite by far is Twilight. It is a seriously beautiful scent.

My husband is very fond of the smell of honeysuckle, so I'd like to wear a BPAL scent that is primarily this to thank him for wearing Iago for me. (Iago makes me weak in the knees.)

Reading over a thread from 2004, New Orleans and Twilight seem to be suggestions. But I'm a little wary of the jasmine in both -- jasmine tends to do weird things on me. It goes slutty, but not in a nice way; more of a trashy way. Think Morgan Fairchild, those of you who are old enough. And smelling like Morgan Fairchild circa 1983 is definitely *not* a way to express apprecation to one's spouse.

I did see other blends mentioned, but honeysuckle doesn't seem to be the main note in them. And of course the search function on the site is being revamped, so I can't make use of that.

Suggestions, anyone? Thanks! :wub2:

I would absolutely suggest Anathema (Black opium, with vetivert and honeysuckle). Although the opium and vetivert sound like they might drown out the honeysuckle; they don't, they just support and emphasize the honeysuckle - to my nose.

I would absolutely suggest Anathema (Black opium, with vetivert and honeysuckle). Although the opium and vetivert sound like they might drown out the honeysuckle; they don't, they just support and emphasize the honeysuckle - to my nose.

Hmm. Might be worth a shot. What is the black opium like, anyway? I've seen it in other descriptions and can't bring up a smell memory of it.

I know there's Jasmine in Nude Woman Reclining, but it is an amazing Honeysuckle scent...at least, in my humble opinion. :)

Enchroacing Madness, from the Weenies from last year should.. be wonderfull :huh?:

I myself had to swap it away, on me it did not work, but it truly IS a lot honeysuckle :P

Hmm. Those both sound intriguing. (Although I try not to bond deeply with LE scents, so as to avoid getting my heart broken. I actually try to do this with people as well. Um, not that there are LE people, but there are people who are less...well, available, and I've learned the hard way to avoid becoming smitten with them.)

If you can hunt down some Joyful Moon, that is painfully pretty. A soft vanillaish honeysuckle.

ahw yes! how can I forget :P this scent wonderfull :wub2:

I LOVE honeysuckle and have yet to find a bpal that smells like it. Joyful Moon and Encroaching Madness are two of my favorite scents, but I don't really get honeysuckle from them.

I've had to go to other companies for my honeysuckle fix unfortunately.

I haven't tried this one personally, but it sounds lovely.

no jasmine in sight :D

HERMIA

How low am I, thou painted maypole? speak;

How low am I? I am not yet so low

But that my nails can reach unto thine eyes.

Pink pepper, golden amber, honeysuckle, and passion flower.