Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Pixie-elf

Honeysuckle blends

Hey!

Okay, my Aunt Gina wanted me to get her a Honeysuckle Imp the first time I ordered... but she backed out at the last minute... Okay so she told me about a week ago this time to go on and get it and I was like well....

"I don't know if I can because it was discontinued. I had no clue they were gonna discontinue it when I ordered the first time, otherwise I would have gone on and got it!"

So, I need some scents that are strongest on the Honeysuckle, and a bit of a desc. of what else they smell like to you, pretty please? Or even if it's HALF Honeysuckle and a few other things, just describe it pretty please? lol.

Thanks!

--Mystina

So here are some scents are good options:

New Orleans. This one is strongly jasmine and honeysuckle. It's got a noticeable undercurrent of lemon and spice. But mainly, just the two top notes that I mentioned.

Twilight. The description says lavender and jasmine with just a touch of honeysuckle. In reality this one has about a third of honeysuckle in the scent; or at least that's how it behaved on my skin.

Eos. A new scent. It would be a bit of a gamble, but apparently it's got jasmine, buttercup, honeysuckle and "glowing skin" -- which I would interpret to be a musk with possibly vanilla or honey or ylang ylang? Those are the three scents when mixed with a light musk that remind me of glowing skin in Beth's repetoire.

Scents that might work, or might not:

Juliet. Haven't tried it, but I get the impression that it's a blended floral with white musk and pear. The honeysuckle note probably isn't too prominent, but you never know. Read the reviews and see if anyone noticed the honeysuckle.

Chiroptera. Hey, at least it would be going towards a good cause. Even though there aren't any reviews of this, is sounds just lovely and it's got honeysuckle in it. How strongly, who can say. But it's a morally happy scent. :P

Shanghai. This one's got a great crisp scent to it. It's mainly green tea and lemon verbena. But right behind all of that is the honeysuckle note. It's pretty pure (cause it's not competing with other florals), just not prominent.

Ananthema. I'm not sure you'll want to get this one for your aunt, because some folks have bad reactions to the scent of vetivert. On the other hand, some people just love the smell of it and it's only got three ingredients, one of which is honeysuckle. Once again, reviews will be your friend here.

Scents that I would stay away from:

Chimera. God this is a gorgeous scent, but really only if you're a cinnamon fan and you like smelling like cinnamon sugar cookies. So if you're looking for strong honeysuckle notes, this is not it.

Lolita. Smells like punch. In a very yummy, backyard, mid-summer sort of way. But not in a "strong honeysuckle" way, which is why I'd avoid it for this purpose.

Skallywag: Aquatic like as in Lotus? lol. Just checking... ^^

Hypothermya: Thank you SO much, that really was helpful!

And now, I must buy Eos, because my little Aurora's other nickname around our house is THAT, since it's the other Goddess of the Dawn's other name.... (Which, we sometimes jokingly call her "Eos!" lol.) Thank you I had -no- clue they had one coming up with her name. :P

All of this is really helpful, thanks you guys, anymore advice would be very much welcomed!

Has no Hanna is all honeysuckle on me. New Orleans was a bit more jasminey, I think.

Eos, Twilight, and Chuparosa are my favorite honeysuckle blends. Twilight sometimes goes soapy, and Chuparosa does have a strong cinnamon note, just as a warning.

I have to second the Chuparosa rec. it is my favorite honeysuckle blend. Many people report in reviews that they get rose from it, but on my skin I get a very pure honeysuckle scent. It's lovely!

Edited by euterpe414

Of the various scents I've tried that list honeysuckle as a note, I get the strongest honeysuckle from Eos. New Orleans went strongly jasmine on me, Twilight was overwhelmingly lavender, and while I like Juliet very much, it's more a generic fruity/floral on me.

Hi all,

I'm going to place an order for a scent for my mother's Christmas present with my next purchase, so I wondered what the best honeysuckle scent is. I'd prefer the honeysuckle to be the predominant note as she absolutely loves the smell.

The possibles are:

Lolita (hmm not sure I want to give her a scent called Lolita, even though she wouldn't mind) Bright, sweet and youthful, but swelling with a poisonous sexuality. Glittering heliotrope, honeysuckle, orange blossom and lemon verbena.

Twilight (I have an imp of this on the way so may be a good one - she loves lavender too - but I wonder if the honeysuckle would come out) An enigmatic, otherworldly scent, brimming with power and mystery. Lavender and jasmine, with a touch of glowing honeysuckle.

Chimera

Parthenope (CD)

Juliet

Hermia

New Orleans

What do you reckon? I'd also look at trying to get hold of a discontinued LE if there was one that sounded promising.

Eos, maybe?

The Rising Sun. She is Ostara, Easter, the Anglo-Saxon goddess of fertility and the dawn. She is a protector and friend to all children. Her scent is that of softly glowing skin, jasmine, buttercup and honeysuckle.

It's quite pretty. Although I wouldn't say it dominated the blend, it was still very prominent, if I am remembering correctly.

Anathema might be another one. I seem to remember a lot of honeysuckle in that one.

A scent as heavy as thunder from the Vatican, with notes that inspire every sin and excess. Black opium, with vetivert and honeysuckle.

Edited by sixthsentinel

Definitely agree with you on New Orleans. I don't usually like the florals, so I can't help you much more than that!

Hi all,

I'm going to place an order for a scent for my mother's Christmas present with my next purchase, so I wondered what the best honeysuckle scent is. I'd prefer the honeysuckle to be the predominant note as she absolutely loves the smell.

The possibles are:

Lolita (hmm not sure I want to give her a scent called Lolita, even though she wouldn't mind) Bright, sweet and youthful, but swelling with a poisonous sexuality. Glittering heliotrope, honeysuckle, orange blossom and lemon verbena.

Twilight (I have an imp of this on the way so may be a good one - she loves lavender too - but I wonder if the honeysuckle would come out) An enigmatic, otherworldly scent, brimming with power and mystery. Lavender and jasmine, with a touch of glowing honeysuckle.

Chimera

Parthenope (CD)

Juliet

Hermia

New Orleans

What do you reckon? I'd also look at trying to get hold of a discontinued LE if there was one that sounded promising.

Chimera is delicious, but not because of the honeysuckle, which is only a slight touch and honestly I can't say that I even knew there was honeysuckle in there - because Chimera smells like resinous warm Cinnamon Buns of glory.

Parthenope was a powdery jasmine/baby powder scent on me, and not noticeably honeysuckle.

I vote very strongly for Eos, it's a bright, dripping-with-sunshine honeysuckle blend and it's quite beautiful - I gifted my best friend a 5mL, she looooves it and it's the only BPAL she owns.

I also vote very strongly for Juliet, which is an incredible morpher depending on whether it's fresh or aged. When it's brand new, it has a crisp pear note and is a lightly fruity floral, but after it's aged for a year or two it's the most beautiful scent in the world on me - my BPAL GC holy grail. It's just fanstastic, highly recommended!!!

Another wonderful scent is New Orleans, it has a lovely sweet jasmine note and the honeysuckle lazily swirls in beautifully. I very highly recommend New Orleans as well.

I haven't tried Hermia, but after reading the description, I will be on the lookout for it! Same goes for Lolita.

I remember liking Twilight, although for some reason I never wrote a review, so I can't remember whether it was awesome or just "meh, okay."

If your mom likes lavender, try to find some aged Ode on Melancholy. It's a soft, gentle lavender, with beautiful wisteria, which smells sweet and pretty and has a similar quality as honeysuckle.

My votes, in order of honeysuckle-ness, are:

#1: Eos

#2: New Orleans

#3: aged Juliet (if you can find some)

Have fun BPAL'ing!!! :P

Oh, I hadn't spotted Eos! I think I will go with a 5ml of that and also get an imp of New Orleans to try (I like honeysuckle too, and the spice sounds more down my alley than hers). I also want to try Chimera now because it sounds delicious!

I love when people enable their moms! :P I also love honeysuckle, whether it's growing in my yard or in BPAL bottles.

Here are my opinions on the ones you suggested:

Lolita : This one ends up a little candy-sweet to me instead of being a pretty floral and I ended up passing the imp along with no regrets.

Twilight: This could be a good choice for your mom! The jasmine can be a little bit bossy though and could overwhelm the honeysuckle, depending on her chemistry. It's good that you are going to get to try it first.

Chimera: Like AEris, I get a sugar cookie-cinnamon bun vibe from this much more than a floral vibe. It is beautiful, but if you are looking for something in the floral family I'd pass on it.

Parthenope (CD): Although the honeysuckle is not the dominant note, it does show up and this is a beautiful and unique blend! The other notes give the florals a sweet-earthy base.

Juliet: A favorite of mine, whether it's fresh from the Lab or aged :D Very pretty, feminine and sweet, I also think it's a good choice for someone who is new to BPAL.

Hermia: I love Hermia, but I don't get lots and lots of honeysuckle from it - it ends up a spicy peppery amber on my skin.

New Orleans - might be one of the honeysuckle-est blends of all! Of the group you asked about, I think I would pick it.

However, here are a few of my favorites for you to consider too:

Eos: thirding the rec! It's got loads of honeysuckle and not a lot to compete with it, it's sunshiney and pretty. I think I'd pick it over NO too, it is a less sharp scent.

Shanghai: I like it because it is crisp and clean, yet has sweet honeysuckle to girl it up.

Schlafende Baigneuse (from the Salon): this is one GORGEOUS floral. The notes are skin musk, white cream, honeycomb, yellow rose, King mandarin, chrysanthemum, golden amber, honeysuckle, and wide-throated yellow monkey-flower accord. :D I adore this blend! I'd create a new scent category for Eos and Schlafende, in contrast to "White florals," and I'd call it "yellow florals:" a little less sharp and a little less heady, a little more sunshiny and sweet.

Vampire Tears: I think this is still available on the site - I love this because it bridges the gap between hard-core floral scents like New Orleans and the crisp clean Shanghai. The notes are wisteria, white grapefruit, neroli, green tea, jasmine, white ginger, honeysuckle, iris, and tonka.

The Oval Portrait: May be hard to find, it sold out fast when it was offered at Dark Delicacies. Honeysuckle and spicy florals with a creamy vanilla background. Notes: honeysuckle, carnation, stargazer lily, bluebonnet, vanilla musk, and rice flower.

Good luck, I am sure your mom will love whatever you decide to get for her!

I didn't see it listed, but Bayou went crazy-honeysuckle on me...and I'm allergic to it! D:

Maybe it's right up this thread's alley, I couldn't stand the stuff, but someone else may like it!

I didn't see it listed, but Bayou went crazy-honeysuckle on me...and I'm allergic to it! D:

Maybe it's right up this thread's alley, I couldn't stand the stuff, but someone else may like it!

Anything close to Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner? TIA! :P