Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

Femme Fatale Scents

Hi,

I am in search of my ultimate femme-fatale perfume.

I made a research and have come up with this bpals. Here are:

Liz: A light, feminine vanilla floral perfume and a swirl of smoke and leather

Mama-ji: Spices, cardamom, nutmeg, and flowers

Lamia: Deadly elegance: pale orchid, vanilla amber, black currant, white peach, champaca, coconut, Arabian myrrh, Burmese vetiver, and oude

Mastermind: An elegant cologne of olibanum, opoponax, leather accord, black amber, bois de jasmine, cade wood, pale balsam, orange blossom, oudh, black plum, bourbon vanilla, and sandalwood.

Opium Poppy: Opium teaches only one thing, which is that aside from physical suffering, there is nothing real. A bitter, soft, fragile flower

Black Lily: Breathtaking darkness, a vision of grace in shadow

Black Rose: Exquisitely melancholy. The background scent to an ancient exequies. Heavy, dark and floral: a blend of roses, with a touch of amber and musk

Belle époque: Lily of the Valley, vanilla, mandarin and red sandalwood

Kubla Khan: Through sunlit caves of ice, roses unfurl amidst dancing waves of serpentine opium smoke and amber tobacco, golden sandalwood, champaca, tea leaf, sugared lily, ginger, rich hay absolute, leather, dark vanilla, mandarin, peru balsam, and Moroccan jasmine

Lucretia: Iris, black amber, sage, Kashmir wood, vanilla musk, mandarin and violet

Marquis de Merteuile: Opulent galbanum and amber, glistening peach, and a bouquet of French florals, with a merciless undertone of jonquil and heartless vetiver

Medea: Night-blooming cereus, black orchid, black currant and myrtle leaf enshrouded in the incense of Hecate's cypress and myrrh, and the dark rage of magickal labdanum and intoxicating poppy

New Orleans: Reminiscent of hothouse blooms on a humid night, ripe, but touched with decay. Sweet honeysuckle and jasmine with a hint of lemon and spice

Fallen: Cherubic white sandalwood and golden musk with a dark halo of amber, a breath of imperial florals, unbending woods, and the shadow cast by vetiver and violet

Languor: Paperwhite and black narcissus, three lilies, black poppy and tuberose and a hint of hypnotic opium den haze

Whip: Agony and ecstasy: black leather and damp red rose

Salomé: Exotic and lush, brimming with grace and viciousness: almond with star jasmine, oakmoss, red sandalwood and Egyptian musk.

What do you think of these? I could not decide. Help me to chose my film-noirish type femme-fatale scent :think:

I'm going to second "Intrigue" -- it was lovely and dark but I couldn't carry off the fig in that context. I passed it on to a gal pal -- definitely a feminine sort of shadowy.

Hi,

I am in search of my ultimate femme-fatale perfume.

I made a research and have come up with this bpals. Here are:

Liz: A light, feminine vanilla floral perfume and a swirl of smoke and leather

Mama-ji: Spices, cardamom, nutmeg, and flowers

Lamia: Deadly elegance: pale orchid, vanilla amber, black currant, white peach, champaca, coconut, Arabian myrrh, Burmese vetiver, and oude

Mastermind: An elegant cologne of olibanum, opoponax, leather accord, black amber, bois de jasmine, cade wood, pale balsam, orange blossom, oudh, black plum, bourbon vanilla, and sandalwood.

Opium Poppy: Opium teaches only one thing, which is that aside from physical suffering, there is nothing real. A bitter, soft, fragile flower

Black Lily: Breathtaking darkness, a vision of grace in shadow

Black Rose: Exquisitely melancholy. The background scent to an ancient exequies. Heavy, dark and floral: a blend of roses, with a touch of amber and musk

Belle époque: Lily of the Valley, vanilla, mandarin and red sandalwood

Kubla Khan: Through sunlit caves of ice, roses unfurl amidst dancing waves of serpentine opium smoke and amber tobacco, golden sandalwood, champaca, tea leaf, sugared lily, ginger, rich hay absolute, leather, dark vanilla, mandarin, peru balsam, and Moroccan jasmine

Lucretia: Iris, black amber, sage, Kashmir wood, vanilla musk, mandarin and violet

Marquis de Merteuile: Opulent galbanum and amber, glistening peach, and a bouquet of French florals, with a merciless undertone of jonquil and heartless vetiver

Medea: Night-blooming cereus, black orchid, black currant and myrtle leaf enshrouded in the incense of Hecate's cypress and myrrh, and the dark rage of magickal labdanum and intoxicating poppy

New Orleans: Reminiscent of hothouse blooms on a humid night, ripe, but touched with decay. Sweet honeysuckle and jasmine with a hint of lemon and spice

Fallen: Cherubic white sandalwood and golden musk with a dark halo of amber, a breath of imperial florals, unbending woods, and the shadow cast by vetiver and violet

Languor: Paperwhite and black narcissus, three lilies, black poppy and tuberose and a hint of hypnotic opium den haze

Whip: Agony and ecstasy: black leather and damp red rose

Salomé: Exotic and lush, brimming with grace and viciousness: almond with star jasmine, oakmoss, red sandalwood and Egyptian musk.

What do you think of these? I could not decide. Help me to chose my film-noirish type femme-fatale scent :think:

Well, from your list I have only tried Black Rose which smelled more romantic than anything to me, but skin chemistry does differ. The BPALs I have so far found to be femme fatale-ish were Hell's Belle, Black Dahlia, Wanda and Vixen. I hope this is helpful :)

I think Whip and Liz are both amazing! Both have leather, but are quite different. Whip is a gorgeous light rose with leather that smells slightly airy to me. Clean leather.

Liz is mostly vanilla, leather and a touch of smoke. Warmer than Whip. I think either could represent the femme fatale. To be fair, i haven't tried many of the others on the list. :)

Scent creates such a tapestry of emotion and feeling for me. Im looking for a scent that will evoke the raw sensuous power of the Femme Fatale archetype.

Something dark, mysterious but undeniably feminine. Help!

I love this type of scent! My go-to Femme Fatale scents are:

Whip black leather and damp red rose.

Tombeur Deadly and seductive: vanilla-infused sandalwood, blood musk, antique patchouli, vetiver, lavender, bitter almond, amber, and a trickle of Snake Oil.

The Black Temple Burlesque Troupe Cacao, black musk, and tobacco absolute.

Sing the Wild Song Red musk and threads of saffron with sweet wild tobacco, blackened clove, white sandalwood, cypress, and black pine pitch

La Femme de Satan Red musk and cacao with clove, caramelized tobacco, aged patchouli, red currant, black leather, and vanilla-infused amber.

Aradia A veil of smoked patchouli, sweet oak, and opoponax sweetened by bourbon vanilla

L'Essence de la Passion Red musk, carnation, myrrh, and honey.

Mod Note: Merged this with the existing Femme Fatale topic here in Reccs. Please do a search before starting a new topic, thank you! :)

On topic for this thread, I love Psychodynamic Discharge as a femme fatale scent!

Oh sorry I searched and found nothing, probably because I wasnt looking correctly!
These are some lovely recommendations- with a couple already on my to try list!

Scent creates such a tapestry of emotion and feeling for me. Im looking for a scent that will evoke the raw sensuous power of the Femme Fatale archetype.

I definitely recommend Snake Oil, Vixen, and Mme. Moriarty.

adding to the above: insects, lady lucille sharpe, lady macbeth, blood popsicle, qandisa, vilf, the top, elizabeth of bohemia, peacock queen, witches sabbath, the initiation

My mental concept of femme fatale often seems to involve a mixture of fruit, floral, and incense notes. Lady Lucille, Morgause, Spellbound, Lilith are some of my go-tos. White Witch always seems like it should be--it's got a lot of the same notes as these others--but on me it's too heavy on the patchouli, which brings it farther down to earth. It's sexy but more hippie sexy.

Joyleaf Tombeur is still available on the Lab's site I believe. IMO it is a stellar BPAL blend, truly one of the best.

I'm a newbie who has discovered love for more femme fatale kind of scents, the ones with a hint of darkness in them. So far I've fallen in love with Scherezade, Spellbound, and Blood. I liked Brisingamen as well but unfortunately it doesn't have much staying power on me.

I'd love to know if there are similar scents I could try. Something incensey and resinous with darker edge.

I cannot believe no one has recommended Black Annis - when I reviewed it, I think I mentioned that this is the scent of the type of woman who consumes her mate after copulation. ;) For me, it is the musk that adds a femme fatale element to it. It has all the notes I should hate (anise and vetiver), but I really like it for certain occasions. :biggrin:

A plug for Lady Death Savage as a femme fatale scent

Also: Mama Ji, Kali, Salome, Lady Lucille Sharp, Bilquis, Hell's Belle, Countess Willie, Lady Macbeth, Witch Queen, Sacred Whore of Babylon, Bastet, Nefertiti

Edited by sprout

I cannot believe no one has recommended Black Annis - when I reviewed it, I think I mentioned that this is the scent of the type of woman who consumes her mate after copulation. ;) For me, it is the musk that adds a femme fatale element to it. It has all the notes I should hate (anise and vetiver), but I really like it for certain occasions. :biggrin:

black annis was one of my first bpal loves and bottle buys. I'm embarrassed that I left her off of my list.

Blood Kiss, Salome, Morgause, Lady Lucille Sharpe, and Obsidian Widow are some of my favorite evil seductress blends, all of which have a darker, incensey edge. Crimson was a heavier Scherezade on me, and I could see it as a femme fatal scent.

Question - I see Countess Willie listed among the femme fatales, and I 've long eyed her with interest as plum, DARK chocolate, and ginger sound deliciously sexy, but I've also seen her compared to Bordello a lot, which was total yuck on me. No depth. No sexy. Just sticky, syrupy almond. So should I give up on the Countess or is she sufficiently darker/ heavier than Bordello to be worth a try? Any advice?

Blood Kiss, Salome, Morgause, Lady Lucille Sharpe, and Obsidian Widow are some of my favorite evil seductress blends, all of which have a darker, incensey edge. Crimson was a heavier Scherezade on me, and I could see it as a femme fatal scent.

Question - I see Countess Willie listed among the femme fatales, and I 've long eyed her with interest as plum, DARK chocolate, and ginger sound deliciously sexy, but I've also seen her compared to Bordello a lot, which was total yuck on me. No depth. No sexy. Just sticky, syrupy almond. So should I give up on the Countess or is she sufficiently darker/ heavier than Bordello to be worth a try? Any advice?

Countess Willie didn't remind me much of Bordello. It did remind me of, oh what was that Shojo Beat vampire one? Midnight Kiss? Except Countess Willie worked better on me of the two. I amp red musk though, which the Countess has and Bordello does not, so that's probably why they were so different on me.

I have trouble with one of the Lab's plum notes - turns straight to plastic on me. Both Bordello and Countess Willie did that - straight up plastic. Makes me think they have the same plum note, which is likely why some find them similar, the plum note is maybe most dominant on them. It sounds like it's the amaretto in Bordello that's giving you the problem though, so maybe Countess Willie will be really great on you! I remember it smelling pretty fantastic in the imp, before my skin destroyed it.

Thanks ladies for your responses. Perhaps I will not knock Willie off the list just yet. Midnight Kiss sounds amazing btw.

LizzieLuck - so is C.W.'s amaretto note not the same as the almonds in Bordello?