Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lorajc

Tamora

Tamora - Illyria -

Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

I got a sample of this in a swap and again it's not a surprise that I like it, as I love all of the notes in it. It is yet another well blended work of art by Elizabeth. It is a lighter fragrance even though it has the amber and sandalwood in it. This would be a scent I would wear in the spring and summer, as I tend to like heavier ones in the cold weather (actually all year round). I only tested this on my wrist so far and have not actually worn it all day long, so I'll have to update this after wearing it, but I don't recall any particular notes standing out. They all blend together well and I don't think the sandalwood or amber were particularly heavy in this one. It was a very slightly woody peach vanilla scent. I will update this after wearing.

A sweet, fruity vanilla... almost has a cotton candy note. I like it... it makes me smile when I smell it! It's not really me, though. Maybe I'll let my 10 year old daughter try it and see what she thinks!

I had decided to use a quick going-over with my LUSH Fever massage bar as my moisuriser this morning, and I'm so glad that I did, as it complimented Tamora perfectly, surrounding me with a wonderful fragrance all day.

Tamora is a beautifully rounded, warm, vanilla-y floral perfume - almost a 'golden' smell - probably the heliotrope. I found it most comfortable to wear and it was greatly admired in the office. It has faded to a soft sandalwood by now (early evening) but is still very lovely.

I have a 5 mL bottle of this oil on order. The peach hits me first, bright and sweet, then dries down to a warm honey vanilla with a little bit of woodiness. It's a light, warm fragrance on me, but not in the sense of being "lightweight." The mood is bright and warm, I'm reminded of a place I visit sometimes during the hot summer months - the long grasses dry to a golden straw, and the heat causes the sweet scent of the grasses and wood to rise. *sigh*

Elizabeth included this sample with my order and I really liked it. I think it's the heliotrope that really comes out on me since everyone who smelled it was trying to place the floral but couldn't. It's not overly floral though, the other notes blend very well. This one also had good staying power on me.

Initial Impression:

Sharper than I expected when I first sniff, but the sweetness of the vanilla and peach hits me as I exhale. Interesting.

After Wearing It:

The peach is strong when the fragrance is wet, but not so much it turns me off. It's a sweet warm peach, like being in an orchard rather than a sticky or candy smell. The amber and vanilla really enrich this scent, making it warm and luxurious smelling. As it wears down it stays sweet but goes more powdery, though in a pleasant way. All around really great fragrance.

Final Thoughts:

Might have to get a bottle of this. Will have to wear a few more times to be sure!

Definitely soft, smooth, and sexy-sweet. Enough vanilla and amber to keep this warm and lush, while the peach dries down without being sticky. Heliotrope doesn't come out much on me, but this still has great depth.

Will be wearing regularly this winter, as it's not too bright or fruity for the time of year.

upon opening the vial it was very sweet, almost like sugar. A very peachy scent that almost gave way to a cherry flavor (I say flavor cause it was as if I could almost taste it as I was smelling it.)

Once I put it on it still had the sweet scent to it but in the background there was an almost woody scent. This was after only 5 min wear time.

After about an hour or 2 the scent started to fade on me. But Took on a more musky spiciness to it. But retained the sweetness but in a much more down played way.

I

t faded very quickly on me, but other than that I loved it.

I didn’t realise I had a thing for peach, but I seem to have ordered a few from BPAL which have some sort of peach in them. The others are Fae and Imp, and I love all three – each different in their own ways. Tamora is soft and sensual and I find that my hand is often pressed against my nose as I breathe it in, which probably isn’t all that sensual to see! It has a more floral aspect with the peach blossom but not obviously floral and the vanilla bean gives it a wonderful warmth and the amber a slight spiciness. The final dry down maintains all those aspects but it also becomes slightly powdery and musky. Yum. Another beautiful blend, my only wish that it lasted a tad longer on me.

Tamora took a few trials for me to fall in love with. The first time I ever sampled it, I was blown away by the raw strength of it, wet on my skin. I coudln't smell any of the peach fruit or vanilla bean at all - only amber, sandalwood, and a floral (that I assume was the peach blossom). With each successive sampling however, I have liked it more and more. The opening is still a little sharp to me, with the amber/sandalwood/floral combination, but once it has dried down I can definitely smell the peach weaving in and out between the incredibly delicious vanilla bean. However, this is not a foody scent at all, and you wouldn't smell this and think, "Hey, hey...there's a peach. And there's a vanilla bean." Tamora reminds me a bit of being outdoors one a late summer's day. I especially can't wait to wear this in the wintertime. :P

And, best of all - it passed the "girlfriend test." :D I will have to get a 5mL of this.

:P My apologies to Beth, who very generously included this sample with my order, but at first sniff from the vial it smelled very strong and brought to mind the scent of a urinal cake!

Wet, it kind of smelled like a peachy "foo foo" drink. Syrupy sweet and fruity.

On drydown it stays very, very candy-sweet, but now I detect the amber, heliotrope and sandalwood as well.

After a few hours of dry down it has become a light fruity/vanilla scent. The more it dries down and fades away, the more I like it!

Edited by Scylla

This is sweet and strong, boozy and honeyed to my nose, with a tiny bit of sharpness that makes it totally wearable, as opposed to the overwhelming-to-me sharpness of Hellcat, which I think it resembles a bit. This is like the sweeter, wearable version. It has that STRONG note, I think maybe it's amber or sandalwood, that is difficult to tolerate in large amounts, but here it's tempered with the vanilla and heliotrope. I really love this one for a sexy, power-woman scent. I wore it to a formal ball last night and it was awesome, very festive.

ADDED May 10:

Also I just realized that this is a lot like Carnivale, another one I love. It lacks the fruity berry smell of Carnivale, and is a slightly sweeter, lighter version -- the sweet and warm notes are very similar, so if Carnivale is too fruity for you but you like the basic tone of it, you might love this one.

Edited by Shollin

I received this in a swap and so far I'm really enjoying it! someone else metioned that it went really well with Lush's Fever massage bar, and I have to agree. to me it smells like a stronger, sweeter version of Fever. slightly fruiter, but the same sandalwoody base. Tamora fades kinda quickly on me, but the initial scent is wondeful!

:P

I got this one for a friend, but had to try it on myself first. It was already on my wishlist .. and now I know why!

In the bottle: Peach! Oh, my, but this one was sweet, and sticky. Like a delicious peach pie .. I wasn't so sure about it then.

First 5 minutes on: It's softened some, but it's still very present, like it doesn't quite want to mellow out on my skin. There's more to it now though than the peach, which is a good thing, and I have hope.

Wearing: Yum. It's soft on me, and might just need a reapplication after a few hours .. not a major deal. I can smell the amber more now than anything .. or maybe it's the heliotrope I'm catching. Whatever it is, it smells good.

Overall: I need this. I don't know if I'll get a 5ml of it, but I'll have to order some of my own an keep it on hand always.

ETA: It's now well over 12 hours later and I can still smell this on my wrist .. I'm quite impressed .. thus far only Nyx and Brujah have had this staying power on me. And now, I should go to bed.

Edited by TygherRayn

First Impression: Sweet childhood memory. This smells just like Fun Dip candy.

Second Impression: I can't believe this has amber or sandalwood in it. I do get peaches and vanilla bean. It's Fun Dip and I want some!

Final Analysis: I don't usually go for such candy sweet smells, but I like this if only for the sweet, sweet memories of walking with my sister to Vinnie's armed with our allowances for candy treats.

Tamora smells very golden to me, and that is great, for I love fragrances that smell "golden." Peachy vanilla-y amber... oh god, I knew I would love this one. The sandalwood and amber give the peach a drier tone rather than a juicy peach note... it smells like some heavenly peach-based cocktail. This is just amazing. It doesn't smell at all candy-like on me, just a wonderful, dry-fruity spicy scent. Definitely need a larger bottle of this one.

I love vanilla and heliotrophe and was very curious about Tamora- I was not disappointed :D First sniff at the bottle was a little overpowering, the vanilla note was very strong. I applied it to my wrist and immediately the fragrance got softer- it is sweet and innocent but not foody at all. I really like it :P

Edited by Beautiful_Helena

At first this smells very sweet, like candy-powder. Later on the amber comes through more, and the scent gets a bit more depth, but stays very sweet as well.

This reminds me a bit of O, but a fruitier, more floral version. The peachy scent is strong when wet but calms down quickly. Unfortunately, Tamora faded on me so quickly that I couldn't enjoy it. Maybe mixed with lotion it will last longer.

This is a sophisticated and feminine scent with a touch of sweetness, but not too much - a very nicely blended and layered fragrance that is self-possessed, but with a warm softness to it.

I don't think this would be out of place in a posh parfumerie. This would be a good one to attract people to BPAL that wouldn't perhaps think of buying from them at first.

In the vial: peach, peach, peach -- with a hint of heliotrope and vanilla.

On me: Amber, amber, amber. But on the drydown, the softer sweet vanilla and heliotrope come forward. The amber goes powdery, so it ends up being a very soft, sweet baby powder on me. But it's still delightful!

This is O without the strong honey note -- perfect for those days when I don't want to smell like I just stepped out of a bakery.

In bottle: Smells like an alcoholic drink I've had...unfortunately I can't think of what. I can't make out individual notes.

On me: Becomes rather sweet and candy-like. It makes me think of artificial berry flavors. Maybe this is the peach and vanilla somehow? Again, I'm not familiar enough with the notes to pick them out individually. I like this, tho'.

Tamora starts off sweet, cool, and fruity, reminiscent of a delicate sorbet. There is a lovely floral backdrop to it as well, subtle and well-blended, which compliments the fruity notes nicely.

I don't really detect much change as time passes -- I'm not noticing an emergence of any additional notes, it remains the same gentle golden blend of fruit and florals. The only real difference between wet and dry, is that the scent softens just a touch as it dries down, the fruits lose their bite and mingle a little more smoothly with the flowers.

This strikes me as an ideal scent to wear in hot weather, it seems to have a cheerful, cooling effect.

When I first put this on, it's sparkling peach (or is it apricot?), which gave me this huge Fae impression. However, this has very little staying power on me, and this is barely detectable at hour 3. In between application and hour 3, Tamora mellowed out and wasn't so sparkly. It just became a flat, warm peach-colored scent.

On me this was apricot, sandalwood and vanilla with some sort of soft floral brewing underneath it all. I will be ordering a big bottle because it is so lovely on. I had to reapply after 4 hours but I don't mind because I got to smell all the different stages again and they are all gorgeous :P

Kimberly