Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lorajc

Tamora

Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

Wet: Peachy amber.
Dry: Sweet amber, vanilla & sandalwood.
The heliotrope is there, but super-subtle. A real GC treasure.

Edited to add: Layers beautifully with Samhain. Super long-lasting in a silver scent locket. Also, Tamora (like Snake Oil, Samhain, Love's Philosophy, & a few other blends,) stings the thin skin on my neck when wet.

Very sweet. For some reason I'm thinking of cherry blossom in warm sunlight. Hm. Resiny, thick, fuzzy peach and overly soy scented candles.

Warm golden amber, sandalwood, and heliotrope, candied by the vanilla and peach. 

Like those big plastic buckets of multi-colored sherbet, warmed to the point of smelling almost boozy.

This started out lovely, vanilla and peach,

I sniffed my wrists fondly, "Please, more I beseech"

But now it's been hours, and what's this, oh no!

This creamy peach scent is all naught but play-dough.

Poem aside, amber might do this to me, this is very much like O... vanilla and amber = play-dough, but this one is admittedly lightly peach play-dough. Such a shame the beginning was AMAZING. 

Tamora is very, very sweet.  Sweet peach, sweet amber, and vanilla. After an hour or so a smooth sandalwood becomes apparent.  I'm not too clear on what heliotrope smells like, but this is definitely more fruit than floral.  I tested this ages ago and kept the imp; I'm retesting the aged scent now to see if I should keep a new frimp.  While I definitely appreciate that this is pretty, I'm not sure when I would ever want to smell this sweet or this peachy.  

What!? PEACH! Can there finally be a peach scent that doesn’t turn into a generic perfume counter on me? I swear I can smell the fuzz and everything! It’s backed up by a lovely sweet creaminess from the other notes but it stays very fresh and true. I may well need a bottle!

On 6/27/2016 at 8:29 AM, badseed1980 said:

I wasn't sure which of the notes was going to be most prominent in this after reading reviews, but for the first hour or so, it was all sweet, sweet peach. It was a very sticky-sweet peach, sort of a wet peach, not quite as warm and golden as the smell of the actual fruit (which I happened to bring to work today as a snack, so it's easy to compare). It wasn't unpleasant to have a whiff of it, but wearing it, especially since it has a lot of throw, it began to cloy pretty quickly. Finally now, after an hour and a half, I'm starting to be able to get some of that amber and sandalwood, and the sweet fruit is fading. It's actually becoming reasonably enjoyable, but I am not going to buy a full-size bottle of it when it annoys me for the first hour or so that I wear it. It's not what I was hoping for. Too bad!

So this is my review of this scent from six years ago. I don't think I ever touched the imp again after that, until today. Today, I have tried it again. The peach is still the most obvious, in-your-face note up front, but I'm getting a bit more of the amber and sandalwood, with a whisper of the heliotrope. It no longer seems to have the same longevity that it did six years ago, as after only 30 minutes or so, it's faded significantly. I'm finding it very pleasant, though, and may consider wearing it more often this summer. It no longer strikes me as cloying, and it seems better balanced.

Amber and vanilla is my favourite combination of notes, so I knew I had to try this one. And indeed, it's beautiful and golden and glowing from the amber and warm and rich with vanilla, with a floral swirl that keeps it from being too much or too sexy like O. Unfortunately, I can't figure out why, but this has no throw at all. I can only smell it by pressing my nose up right to it. Even wearing much, much more of it than I probably should, I still smell absolutely nothing. :(

Nice, sweet, cool, I definitely get the Vanilla Come through on the first whiff but after a few minutes it fades into fruitiness. Very gentle, soft scent 

For me, this is a soft, golden amber vanilla with a syrupy fruit note from the peach, all over a rich layer of sandalwood.  It's really beautiful and quite wearable.