Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lorajc

Tamora

Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

Smells like peaches covered in cream with a hint of spice.
Creamy vanilla peach. Not overly fruity. Not overly heavy.

The undertones of the amber and sandalwood ground it and keep the peach from being too fruity and the heliotrope from jumping out too much. Understated, but still lush.

Probably a good fit for fans that like the milky creaminess of Dana O'Shee and Alice, the vanilla musk of Dorian, and the peachiness of Fae.

First impression: I couldn't isolate any specific note - just a rich creaminess.

Dries down to: A quiet, subtle scent, but alas, fleeting - it barely lasted an hour.

Additional Comment: This was the scent that made me realize that amber must be the note that gives the scents I like their richness and that amber is my scent friend.

Lasted: Not even an hour.

Rating: 2 out of 5 (because it lasts such a short time on me)

Bottle: I had a hard time smelling anything. When I did, I had a hard time thinking of how to describe it. All I could think of was, "well, it smells good". That was it. I actually considered putting this one for sale/swap until I wore it.

Worn: Fares much better here. The scents become stronger and it smelt to me like walking through a forest. Must have been the sandalwood. I also detected a lime/orange scent once it dried down. A few hours later, I actually smelt coconut.

Certainly a very subtle and pleasing scent. Not something I'd get a bigger bottle of, but I wouldn't mind getting an Imp of it. 7/10.

Rating (on skin): 2/5

Summarised in a word or two: Skin So Soft.

In the imp/bottle: Sweet peach and heavy amber.

On skin, wet: Amber and sandalwood, and just the barest hint of peach.

On skin, dry: Very round, warm and not at all sweet. There's something here, though, unsettling. I think it's the sandalwood. It reminds me of... ugh, I can't put my finger on it.

Conclusion: It took me a few hours, but I've figured out what it turns into on my skin: Avon's Skin So Soft. Problem is, I don't care at all for Skin So Soft, so this won't be sticking around.

Edited by Aredhel

*Very* round, sweet, full peachy scent. The vanilla definitely comes through, as does the peach; I can't really identify the rest of the notes. It's quite warm, and lovely if you like sweet scents - which unfortunately I don't, so this one's to swaps.

Imp: Mmm, peaches, sandalwood, how can we miss?

On me, wet: Lovely peachy goodness.

On me, dry: Where did it go?

Verdict: Love all the notes but it disappears in nothing flat. :P

Wet on me this was juicy, juicy peach :P with the sparkly, sparkly helitrope in the background, it's so sunny and bright, it's lovely. As it dries it goes through a stage which I would have sworn was white musk. Dry this is that lovely vanilla/amber dry down that I've gotten from other blends, most noticeably O :D . I like this a lot, it's my favourite peach blend that I've tried so far.

Courtesy of a swap with Batgirl

In the bottle: a green, slightly astringent smell. I can faintly smell the peach, but it's buried under something medicinal

On me: Wow - almost no smell at all. Just a faint medicinal smell. I hope this is one of those that pops out later.

In the imp and when first on my skin my reaction is yick, I'm going to smell like a peach vanilla candle. I shy away from most fruit and berry scents because I am afraid of smelling like a scented candle.

:P

But once this is on, the peach steps back and I'm left with peachy flowery O and since O is one of the nicest things to smell like in the world, things start to look up.

:D

I'm still a little on the fence about this one --- from time to time peach candle rears its ugly head --- but at the least I'll enjoy my imp. I do find it lasts and has a good throw, though in neither area is it as good as O. I would have liked some more sandalwood from this, which I did not get at all.

Wet, it was sweet and a little floral smelling.

Dry, it is warm, sweet peach. It reminds me of spring and my mom's peach pie. Growing up in SC, I love the scent of warm, fresh from a roadside stand peaches. The peach isn't strong - more like the smell of peaches drift through the air. It is also lightly woody smell. It makes me happy. I close my eyes, and I'm standing on the deck of home in SC. My mom's peach pie is almost done because I'm just starting to check whiffs of it.

My Impression: Lovely peaches, with floral notes and the slightest hint of vanilla bean. A keeper. My daughter claimed it before I could even keep it for myself.

Truly one of the loveliest.

In the bottle:

This smells like a glittering, dewy scent

On me:

The peach blossom and heliotrope really come out at first to me, it's the first thing that really strikes me about this scent. Neither are very heavy, and give a light, airy and sparkling impression. The sandalwood, amber, and vanilla aren't far behind and they give a slightly more earthy edge to this otherwise fae like scent. Despite the notes in this, it's not actually very sweet at all. It's an interesting scent and gives the distinct impression of being both warm and cool, both earthy and ethereal. The sandalwood in this is absolutely gorgeous, it's a little more subtle than I usually like, but it just works so well in this blend.

Final note:

This is really pretty. I could easily see myself wearing this on Spring Days, or on days where I'm feeling particularly full of fae like mischief.

EDIT: This reminds me a LOT of imp. It's quite similar in "vibes" so if you like Imp, you'd like Tamora I'm sure!

Edited by Brianne

This is a very pretty scent, light and not candy-sweet, though it is sweet. On me it was just a vanilla-peach with maybe a jot of amber; eventually it gained a little more gravitas through a woody note, which must have been the sandalwood, though it didn't exactly smell like it. It's a bit too girly for me; also, I'm still haunted by a bad night of peach schnapps at 14 that makes any peach scent a bit dicey for me. But that's not Tamora's fault and overall it's a lovely scent.

In bottle: a lot like SO, but sweeter--peach

Wet: SO and peach, very similar to SO, my husband smells sandalwood

Dry: dries down to a nice "skin scent" but spicier; goes really well with my natural skin scent. A more toned-down version of snake oil--I swear, everything in this last batch smell like a slightly different version of snake oil!

Sadly, this is just sickly sweet vanilla on me...I don't get any peach or amber or anything else, really. Stooopid vanilla, always ruining scents for me :P It is exactly the same wet as dry for me, as well.

Edited by Scarlettfish

Amber, buttery, dark, warm, soft, sweet. Almonds. A twist of something I don't recognize.

Checking the notes - the vanilla, how could I have missed that? It's underlying the amber and sweetening it up.

I don't get any peaches from this, or even sandalwood, although sandalwood always plays nicely with my skin. Although this is the second scent I love with peaches I can't detect (Imp being the other). Maybe I love peaches when they're underlying a mix, but not when they're prominent?

This is thick and warm - yummy. Delicious. And for me it lasted hours and hours.

this goes on very sweet and pretty. it makes me think of a light, airy, summertime dessert --- like angel food cake and peaches and lots of whipped cream. i guess the sweetness comes from the combination of heliotrope and vanilla. they, along with the peach blossom, seem to be the dominant notes here. and, amber and sandalwood always work with my skin chemistry.

i have to add that after it dried, it blended in almost completely with my skin’s natural scent. it was so weird. i sniffed my arm and cried, “it smells like ME!” never had that happen before!

I am so glad that I ordered this. Yummy!

In the imp, it's candy sweet. So very peach and vanilla. Wow. It's almost like ice cream.

Fresh on, it's such a golden and juicy scent. It's so sweet, it's like peach jelly. I was really worried about this one; I've had bad luck with apricot and I was afraid that peach would do the same thing and it would just go icky. Plus, ultra-foody scents aren't what I want in perfume, and this was definitely peach.

Fortunately, it started mellowing quickly. The peach is still prominent, but tempered by the florals and amber, a bit of vanilla. I'm not picking up any sandalwood, but that might be what's keeping it from being so sticky sweet. I really do like it.

This is very young, very summery: not really a winter scent, but certainly gorgeous. I'll get some use out of the imp, then let it sit for a bit, I think. Mmm. I'm not familiar with the Shakespearean Tamora, but this is probably because we managed to avoid reading Titus Andronicus in my Shakespeare class, assuming I remember properly, and it's not to my taste in my for-fun Shakespeare reading.

Definitely one to keep, and one to covet for a while. It makes me want summertime picnics and peach cobbler, oh yes.

Bought a 5ml of this, unsniffed. I'm not regretting it at all.

In the bottle: I can smell the peach blossom and vanilla most of all, though I think the amber gives it a little bit of an edge. Soft edge, though. It's nice.

Wet: Wow, really smelling fruity. I was a little wary that this would go peaches-and-cream on me, which I have bad scent associations with, but it never did.

Drydown: Uhoh. This has gone a little playdough-y. Not terribly, not offensively, but every now and then I get a musky, salty whiff that catches me off guard. Not exactly sure what that is. Heliotrope? Don't know what that smells like exactly. I'll be sad if it stays this way.

Dry: Nope. Many hours later, the playdough smell is gone, and it's just a warm (very warm) sort of honeyed smell. I'm keeping this one.

Supersweet peaches & vanilla! When I first applied it, it was almost too much, in the same way Hollywood Babylon was. I may need to apply this one with a lighter hand in the future ...

After it dried down, I liked it a lot more. A warm & happy scent, with a vanilla that stayed good instead of turning into playdoh. The drydown was definitely worth wearing it again - maybe not every day (I'd rather eat peaches than smell like them), but often enough to keep the imp on hand.

I, in my opinion, am supremely lucky in what Tamora smells like to me. Tamora gives me an exact dupe of Lush's Honey I Washed the Kids soap, except for some added incense note, which is fine with me.

Some Tamora is a bar of HIWTK wearing incense, some is a chunk of incense wearing HIWTK. Either is fine, though I greatly prefer the HIWTK to the incense.

I'm not going to explain HIWTK, because it's fairly unexplainable other than being a sweet scent with honey in it, and I think some sweet orange oil and maybe some fruit blossom.

I'm so pleased, another amber scent I can wear, and wear beautifully. And sandalwood! So beautiful and rich, yet subtle. I was a little afraid this would be a heavy or nauseating scent, but it's so sweet and light that it just smells like pampered woman-skin.

The peach was noticeable at first, but dissipated quite quickly, as did the amber, fading gloriously into a background note. The heliotrope is barely a whisper. What's left is just a touch of vanilla, a very tiny bit of sandalwood and the suggestion of a sweet floral.

A uniquely gentle and feminine scent.

Definately goes on the big bottle list.

:P First of all, let me say how much I LOVE this. :D

Tamora smells like Hawaiian fruit punch right out of the bottle, very juicy and yummy.

On my skin, the inital fruity smell fades a bit and the sandalwood note really pops out.

This almost reminds me of The Red Queen, but lighter.

I wish this lasted a bit longer on my skin...it's so delicious!

Regardless, I'm going to need a 5ml.

Yum!

In the bottle:

Mmm, peach wine. It's like one of those fruit-syrup wines you can get, like blackberry merlot. Isn't there a peach zinfandel or something? That's exactly what this smells like.

Wet:

The wine smell goes away on my skin, but it's still a bright, yummy peach.

Drydown:

The vanilla comes in over time, making this super-sweet. It's got a nice throw to it, though, not too strong, and it's such a pretty, peachy-smelling scent, that I'll probably hang onto the imp, even though it's a bit too sweet for my taste. Very fun, and would probably be great blended into bubblebath or something else along those lines.

I keep trying Tamora in an effort to make myself enjoy it as much on my skin as I do in the imp, but it's just not working. The amber and sandalwood are lovely here, but the peach and heliotrope are just too sweet for my tastes.

I think I'll try this one in my oil burner in order to savor the base notes more.