Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lorajc

Tamora

Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

Reminds me a lot of Imp minus the patch note. This is really pretty and sweet floral peach. It smells better the longer I have it on.

In the imp: When this first arrived, I mostly smelled peach and vanilla, but after settling for a few days, the amber and sandalwood have become more prominent.

Wet: The peach blossom seems to be the strongest note at first. Then, the amber starts to emerge. I definitely get the vanilla. The sandalwood is present as well (and it is a lot stronger in the crook of my elbow than it is on my wrist). I'm not really sure what heliotrope smells like.

Dry: It's a sweet vanilla, peach blossom, and resin scent.

Verdict: I like this, but I don't feel the need to spring for a bottle just yet. I will keep my imp and see how often I reach for it.

In the imp: Very, very fruity - I originally thought orange (while testing blind), but nope, that's definitely peach. It's a very rich, opulent, almost voluptuous scent - the amber does a wonderful job of kicking the peach up a notch from the fruity body splashes of my youth.

Wet: At first, an interesting spiciness is about equal with the fruit, creating an interesting sort of fruity floriental. ...But then, after a few minutes, I discover fruit, especially peach, is one of my death notes. The sillage is huge, and the peach sweeps all before it. No amber, no sandalwood, no vanilla, only the faintest touch of florals; it's pretty much, as my notes say, "like being punched in the face by a radioactive peach."

Dry: After two or three hours, the peach finally calms the hell down, allowing the sandalwood-amber combo to finally shine. It eventually dries down to a pleasant, slightly sweet, woodsy amber, but it's too little, too late - that peach was *intense*, lemme tell you.

I'll put this in the back of my aging drawer and let it sit for awhile - hopefully that fruity edge will grow out of its impetuous youth and into something much more subtle.

I like my peach with more dry ingredients. if this had more sandalwood, it would have been perfect for me. it's a little too monolithically sweet and juicy.

At first wiff on skin, overpowering peachy sweetness. However, in 10 minutes, this all settles and I am veiled with a rich concoction and can smell each note listed.An hour later, I am left with the prettiest flower infused sandal.

Wet, this is warm amber and vanilla bean (some how slightly foodier than just vanilla) with a touch of driness from the sandalwood. I think it must be the heliotrope that I can't identify, but it is not a good scent on me--kind of sickly sweet. No real peachiness, if I try reallyyyy hard I can detect a note, but it might just be in my head at that point. Not for me at all.

Edited by delighted

In the imp - Dark and a little heady.

Wet - This sweetens up a bit. A lot, actually. My, this is the darkest sweet scent I’ve encountered. I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I’m not familiar with heliotrope, but I suspect I should become better acquainted with it. And the peach blossom in here is divine when swirled with the sweetness of the vanilla bean.

Drydown - I think my skin is starting to like sandalwood more and more. Or maybe golden sandalwood is just a better blend for me. Either way, I’m putting this one in the “win” column. I can only imagine what this will be like when it ages.

Verdict - It is highly likely that I will be purchasing a bottle of this in my next order. Yay for finding GC scents that work on me!!

In the imp: Sweet fruit juice?

Wet on my skin: Vanilla and peach, with hints of flowers. Actually, it's reminding me of how Hollywood Babylon smells on me.

Dry: This still reminds me of Hollywood Babylon after being aged a few months, but less cherry and more peach in terms of fruit. They share several important notes, so I'm not surprised. I THINK I like this one better, though. This is lovely, musky amber and peach close to the skin, with the heliotrope and vanilla swirling through it. I'm actually not getting any sandalwood, but maybe that's in there with the musk, grounding what might otherwise be too feminine and sweet for me.

In the imp: Exactly as described - this is somehow both warm & bright at the same time!

Wet on skin: Mostly peach blossom, amber & vanilla! Potent, but pretty!

Dry on skin: Same notes as wet, but far less intense. This is really pretty!

After a few hours: About the same as newly dry, only more faded & with a touch more sandalwood.

Verdict: I quite like this one! It's not as exciting as some other BPAL perfumes, but I'll definitely get some use out of this!

Wet: It almost smelled like there was patchouli in there for a second! Reminded me of Depraved, but that quickly faded (maybe the heliotrope? I don't know what that smells like. The amber takes over quickly, as my skin amps it.

Dry: Sweet amber with hints of vanilla. Unfortunately I don't get much of the peach blossom. But I do really like it! Might need a bottle. This is the first amber blend I've tried that hasn't been completely overwhelming.

Thus far this is my most favorite. I've gone through a couple bottles. It does have kind of a Play-Doh kind of thing going on. It lasts a very long time. I didn't think I liked sweet scented perfume until I smelled this. Now I'm not as timid about trying scents with fruits or vanilla. I've loved Amber for a while now. I've been asked several times about why I smell so good when I have this on. It's kind of like a security blanket/comfort food all rolled up in one.

Imp: cloying peach floral sickly sweet.

Wet: floral sandalwood sickly sweet

Dry: peach floral but too much of a cloying sickly sweet for me.

Edited by Missa_Moth

Bottle: Sickly sweet and fruity -- peach and heliotrope paired with a buttery amber.

Wet: Heliotrope and peaches in syrup. I still get the amber but the whole is quite trounced by the sweetness while wet.

Dry: Relief comes as the volatile top notes drift off. The amber remains and the vanilla and sandalwood come out. I like this particular sandalwood. A little of the peach does linger for a while, and it's nice at this volume.

Such sweetness, though, was overbearing and seems strange for the character of Tamora. Even though this blend becomes more pleasant when dry, it's is a nay for me.

First on Tamora smells a lot like a peach danish pastry. It is making my mouth water and now I want a danish. Not sure about smelling like a peach pastry, however, but let's see where this goes....

2 hours later - peaches in sweet syrup. Yuck. Tempted to wash it off, but other reviews indicate that it develops into something less sweet and more balanced so I'm going to ride it out.

4 hours later - fresh peach with vanilla and a hint of sandalwood. Ah, that's nicer, and what's this? A vanilla that seems to like me! Hooray!

Final verdict - not for me, too sweet at the beginning and in the mid-phase and not really my style in any case. But it smells delicious and gives me hope that there may be other blends where vanilla will work on me - perhaps the vanilla bean is key?

I wasn't sure which of the notes was going to be most prominent in this after reading reviews, but for the first hour or so, it was all sweet, sweet peach. It was a very sticky-sweet peach, sort of a wet peach, not quite as warm and golden as the smell of the actual fruit (which I happened to bring to work today as a snack, so it's easy to compare). It wasn't unpleasant to have a whiff of it, but wearing it, especially since it has a lot of throw, it began to cloy pretty quickly. Finally now, after an hour and a half, I'm starting to be able to get some of that amber and sandalwood, and the sweet fruit is fading. It's actually becoming reasonably enjoyable, but I am not going to buy a full-size bottle of it when it annoys me for the first hour or so that I wear it. It's not what I was hoping for. Too bad!

The imp of this I received seems to be fairly old. The peach blossom is strong and melds with the amber in the dry down to a very rich, warm effect with just the lightest breath of fruitiness. The vanilla bean is also very strong. It's a pretty, feminine and sweet scent without being girlish.

ETA: a fresher imp I have received is much peachier. A very soft golden peach, accented by sandalwood and amber.

Edited by roseus

Expectation: Deliciousness. I mean, just look at that list of notes.

First Impression: sweet, fruity, foody

Tamora is my second most worn scent so far (after High John, although I've ended up combining them as well). It starts off with a really appealing sweetness that is almost punchy. Wet on the skin it gains a slight hint of a candy-like quality. The fruit from the blossom is not in-your-face peach, which is good otherwise it could have overpowered the other notes. Not long afterwards I start getting the warmth of the amber and vanilla and it calms down. I just sniff my wrists for a boost of lingering loveliness.

Verdict: a definite keeper. I keep going back to it because it's just a pleasant scent to wear.

First Sniff: Gentle, soft musk and light plastic toy (the last is really faint)

Initial Wet Application: I’m thinking the plastic toy scent is vanilla, as per the description. This is incredibly light and feminine but it’s barely detectable within the first few minutes.

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): As this completed the dry down I was getting light peaches which was nice. Maybe white peach?

My Reaction: I wanted to like this one, for the peaches, but it was just too light. Plus, the imp leaked so there wasn’t a lot to keep anyway.

Rating: 2

What a surprise! I expected a scent inspired by The Most Evil Lady in the Shakespeare Canon (sorry, Lady M, but handing your enemy's daughter over for gang rape and mutilation > conspiring with your husband to stab a king in his sleep in my book!) to be dark and difficult and basically smell like vengeful poison. Instead this smells straight-up pretty, without any hints at steel behind the sweetness. For me the peach is the strongest note, both straight out of the frimp and over an hour later, but I do get a bit of sandalwood and amber too.

Upon first application this is a very ripe, creamy vanilla-peach. At first I was a bit worried, as this started out being almost syrupy-sweet, but within a couple of minutes, it softens quite a bit and, doesn't feel cloying at all. Reminds me of warm vanilla ice cream melting over spiced peach pie. Close to the skin, but still vibrant and long-lasting. The peach and vanilla remain the dominant notes for me through the duration of wearing it. A gorgeous fruity and sweet blend, one of my favorite GC scents

I will start off by saying I don't typically like the scent of peach. But Tamora is one of my favorite GC scents and I wear it very often.

Wet: the peach and sandalwood are top notes with the floral being very present as well, in a wonderful way.

Drydown: the vanilla and amber show up to round out the scent and ground it quickly. The heliotrope fades somewhat on my skin in the dry down, but doesn't disappear. It is lightly floral and the peach is simply gorgeous. It is like a warm, vanilla peach that is lightly spiced. The throw isn't overpowering and remains close, but I always get complements on how wonderful it smells when I wear it.

I thought I'd love this one. The only note I was iffy about was the heliotrope, and unfortunately that's the note that was strongest in this on me.

On me this is a very almondy vanilla and amber, with a touch of floral from the peach blossom, and barely any sandalwood. The almond note from the heliotrope unfortunately makes this smell slightly medicinal if you sniff a little too closely.

Overall this wasn't that great. I have vanilla, amber, and sandalwood oils I like much better, and I have much stronger smelling peach blossom and peach oils I prefer. Not that interesting, and almond/heliotrope isn't a scent I always enjoy.

Received an imp of this with my latest order, which was lovely as it's a scent I'd been curious about. In the bottle I notice the vanilla strongly, but on my skin I mostly get the sandalwood and amber. It's a nice, warm scent I'll certainly keep for occasional use, but it isn't nearly as vanilla on me as I'd hoped.