Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lorajc

Tamora

Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

Wet: Tamora smells like Fun Dip candy, from the fizzy tart fruity candy to the chalky vanilla cream of the dipping stick. This is like peach gummy candy mixed with vanilla, and a bit of this odd bitter note as well.

Dry: Even dry, it continues to smell similar to its wet stage, although it also takes on this weird "dirty clothes" smell. Gag.

This one lasts on the skin for a longgggggggg time - I could still smell it on my skin 24 hours after applying, and that's after trying to scrub this off with highly scented detergent. I like fruity florals, and my favorite perfumes all either have a peach note or remind me of peach, but this was just...ick.

I don't think my skin likes peach -- that's all I smelled for the first hour. Sticky, sugary, peach, like peach-flavored cake frosting. Then it turned the play-doh, the first bpal to do such. Drat.

Fresh lab frimp!

In the imp: Something sweet and mild with a hint of spice.

On wet: Sweet (canned?) peaches

Drydown: Spiced peach potpourri and amber =/ Hm, I think amber and sandalwood don't play nice on my skin. It's going a little air freshener.

I'll be keeping the imp though! Love peach, and always gotta love having more Shakespeare characters in my arsenal...

Wet: Peach and vanilla frosting

Drydown: Vanilla and amber with just a touch of peach. I'm not crazy about the vanilla-amber combo at first, but then everything begins to soften and the notes blend more nicely.

Dry: Light vanilla cream warmed by amber and sandalwood. The peach is barely there - I can't smell it when I put my nose to my wrist but every once in a while I'll catch a bit of it when my arms are at more of a distance.

The notes in this blend faded quite a lot from start to finish, especially the peach which was the note I was most looking forward to. Once dry it became a light and warm vanilla. It's inoffensive and pleasant, but not terribly unique on me. This would be a good starter scent for someone hesitant about trying the more out-there BPALs.

7 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

Ughhh this literally makes me nauseous. I wish it didn't because peach and vanilla sound so great. However to me this smelled exactly like cherry chapstick, which isn't necessarily bad but on my skin=instant nausea. O does the same thing to me so I'm not sure if its the vanilla scent or what. I'll keep it around and try it in a few months.

Super bummed but I'm still searching for my hg oil

Imp: Fruit! Luscious fruit! I would say peaches, definitely

Wet: Instant powder, which is probably from the amber. :( . The vanilla starts to come out, at least, and I can get wafts of the peaches.

Dry: In the end, it smells like a mix of honeyed peaches and vanilla cream. It's not candy or syrup - it is really surprising that honey is not a note. I'm lucky for that, though; this would smell like bad BO otherwise.

Verdict: Keeper. Imps, for now, but I'll have to try it a few more times to see if a bottle is required.

On paper this blend looks great. I like fruit, vanilla, amber, and while sandalwood isn't a favorite it's not a death note either. It smells somewhat astringent in the imp like that cough syrupy smell but not overpowering. On my skin straight up sandalwood with maybe a little baby powder and vanilla in the background. Sweet, but not cloying. Not bad, but not great for me either.

This is soooo goood! Warm and golden, feels like a perfect late summer day.

And I have been wearing it all summer, we had a very warm, sunny weather and Tamora was perfect for it!

The only problem was that it fades away quickly, so it needs to be reapplied often.

I just received this as a frimp with a forum purchase from a darling forumite who stalked my wishlist. The only note I wasn't sure about in this one was the heliotrope.

In the imp: Lovely! fruity/floral/golden

As I was putting it on I got one whiff of something tangy/medicinal, but it was gone in about half a second.

On me, this is delightful. Golden vanilla and sandalwood dripped over peach blossom. I need a bottle. This will be perfect for summer.

Sillage seems pretty good, too. I didn't slather by any means, but I'm getting whiffs when I move my arms.

My first impression is sweet pipe tobacco.

It is a lovely, round, golden scent. Quite pretty and somewhat innocent. I like it quite a bit, but not sure if it is dirty enough for me. I'm guessing that Hubs will love it.

ETA: I was going through my imp pile the other night, deciding what to keep and what to swap and ran across Tamora. I gave it a sniff and absentmindedly swiped a bit on my wrist, then continued on my sniff-orgy.

As I was going through the rest of my imps, I kept getting whiffs of this and really liking it.

So after I was done testing, I did the full slather and I have to say, I really ADORE this! This was a bit of a surprise since I usually am not a fan of florals OR fruits.

If "O" is innocence defiled, then Tamora is innocence not yet defiled. But it's an innocence that knows and use its sexuality.

It ~may~ skew a bit young to some because it is quite sweet, but I felt quite comfortable wearing it and I'm not young anymore. ;)

Where "O" can go a little dirty and sweaty (in the best possible way!),Tamora has the earthiness of the vanilla/amber combo, but the heliotrope and peach lend it a fresh, almost dew-kissed quality.

So glad I decided to give this a second try. It is going on my short list for bottle purchases. Nice job, Beth!

Edited by ih8perfume

My first impression of this blend was that it smelled like Carmex :P Now that I see the notes I guess I'm able to discern sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla most. It's incredibly light, but pretty pleasant and I always enjoy those weird scent associations

Edited by MCS4096

:applies:

:sniffs:

:shudders in ecstasy:

Oh this is definitely a top 5, buy asap from first application. I would be hard-pressed to tell you what amber or heliotrope smell like, but they LOVE my skin (my favorite bath and body works scent had amber in it, and it used to smell amazing on me until my nose got too sensitized to the alcohol). Vanilla is also a note that always seems to come down in my favor, and this vanilla plays perfectly nice, sweetening and warming and never taking over. The sandalwood keep its mature, for being too super girly, color impression changing from a pink, to a softer, more golden peachy. Its not quite as peachy smelling as I would have hoped, but the peach pokes it head out occasionally, shy I guess :pets peach, its ok sweetie, you can stay inside if you want, but you're always welcome:

Average throw, and surprisingly good staying power (fruity-flowery blends tend to fade immediately on me), an hour and a half later it still smells as strong as when I first applied.

The third time is the charm for me with Tamora.

I ordered and received an imp of this two months ago, in late March. I wore it for the first time then, new and fresh, and then about two weeks later, according to my notes. Both times it was pretty and pleasant, but didn't wow me.

I put it on this morning, and: Wow. Peachy vanilla amber, warm, sweet, and golden. I don't know whether it's because of the slight aging, or the warm weather making the scent bloom on my skin, or a combination of the two, but all I want to do is sniff my arm.

Tamora is a perfect late-spring-into-summer scent on me. It does fade fairly quickly, but reapplying will not be a hardship.

Stash rec.

In the imp: I'm getting a very sweet smell, somewhere between a sweet floral and candy. I'm probably getting mostly the peach blossom and vanilla here.

Wet on skin: Still a sweet, fruity peach blossom. None of the notes really stand out particularly. I mean

Dried down: Same. This hasn't changed at all, really, from imp to skin.

Throw: I get a nice hint of it without having to sniff my wrists. It's like the barest presence of a scent.

Verdict: *** 1/* This is really nice, actually, but maybe a little too sweet for me. I didn't get the amber or sandalwood at all, and I think if I had, it would have rounded out the scent for me. It is very well blended, though - I can't really pick out the individual notes at all. I may try it again at some point, but I don't think I'll be getting a bottle.

In the vial: sweet, fruity, mildly floral. Pleasing. The heliotrope and vanilla are dominant.

Wet: Immediately, what I smell is a sweet orange-ginger-shortbread cookie. I can pick out the amber and heliotrope. The peach blossom doesn’t smell peach-like, exactly, but it gives the blend a sweet fruitiness. The vanilla bean is the strongest on me, I think. I can’t pick out the sandalwood, but I’m assuming the dry feeling comes from that note. After 5 minutes, it’s a sweet fruity woody smell. It’s a very interesting combination. It’s almost like an incense muffin (boy doesn’t that sound weird). I like it. It warms as it dries. Not much throw.

Dry: It’s warm woody peach vanilla bean. And it’s definitely vanilla bean, not “normal” vanilla.

4 hours later: It has a REALLY nice spice to it! I’m not sure which note it’s coming from, but my wrist smells like a sweet and spicy vanilla bean with just a touch of peach. It’s beautiful. I love it!!! This might have to be a bottle purchase!

I hadn't tried Tamora in a while, so I thought I'd give it another go.

Wet: PEACH. OMG PEACH. Wet and sticky and way too sweet.

Initial dry: Still very much peach, but a little tempered by vanilla and amber.

Dry: Ugh, still much too sweet for my tastes. I think I like peach, just not here. I need it as an accent note, not the whole scent.

Husband's reaction to it wet was, "Skittles!" When dry, I shoved the crook of my elbow under his nose, and his response was, "Melty skittles!"

Not for me, I think :P

Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean

Frimp from the lab:

Someone said this reminded them of sweet pipe tobacco and I agree.

Wet: Peach but not your normal peach. It does not smell of fresh peaches. Maybe cooked peaches sort of like peach cobbler (I suspect the “cobbler” I am smelling is the heliotrope). :( I was hoping for ripe sweet peach. Of course this is PEACH BLOSSOM not PEACHES…sooo..
The vanilla is here as is the sandalwood. I think I am picking up on the amber only slightly.

After dry down it’s very nice. All the scents are well blended and it’s getting harder and harder to pick out singular notes (Other than Vanilla because I amp it). I am also picking up on a floral-ish, resin-sih smell. It does smell a bit like tobacco.

It’s pretty and very easy to wear. It’s not too strong so this would be a good work scent and I can see myself wearing this in the summer.
The staying power was not too good. It only lasted a few hours on me tops. The throw on me was pretty low.

Peach is one of my favorite smells. I am torn about getting a bottle. A part of me says “get it you know you would wear it” and the other part is telling me to hold off for a true PEACH smell.
I don’t know what I will do.

I do know Tamora is nice. It’s bottle worthy if you looking for a peach-ish blend and don’t mind the lack of real peach smell.

I may get a bottle of this with my summer order. I would wear this…and that’s what it’s about... right.

Thoughts before testing: Every note listed here works really well on my skin, so I have high hopes for a big GC win today!

Wet: Blech :sick: This is sickly sweet candied peach on my skin. It turned my stomach and I nearly washed it off!

Dry down: After a horrific wet stage, the peach blossom comes shining through and saves me from having to scrub this off. This is a really pretty and realistic peach blossom (I live in peach country and peach blossom is one of my favorite smells of springtime) and it's just lovely.

Dry: This completely vanishes from my skin after half an hour. I can't smell it, no one around me can smell it. It's bizarre.

Final thoughts: Between the vanishing act and the horrendous wet stage, Tamora is definitely not a keeper.

Verdict: Off to the sales!

This is all amber and sandalwood on me. There's the faintest hint of vanilla, but I'm not getting any of the peach... Sadly!!

It's a beautiful warm scent. The word "sensual" comes to mind.

Preconceived Notions: I really just got this scent because of the name. I love the character. I wasn’t too concerned about the notes. My skin loves vanilla and always amps it up. The rest sound like pleasant-gold-goodness.

Imp: No note is particularly standing out to me, but it has a very mature scent to it. Which makes sense, but not what I was hoping for.

Wet: Smells like straw. Ugh.

Dry (10 minutes): This is pretty mild which is a good thing because it’s friggin weird on me. It’s like… a smoky peach. Come on vanilla, I’m depending on you.

Dry (3 hours): Well good, the vanilla finally kicked in, and so did the amber. I occasionally get a whiff of peach, but its gone for the most part.

Dry (5 hours): Same as before, but there really is no throw.

Consensus: It’s an ok scent. But I’m not feelin’ it. I think it’s a little too mature for my taste, and I have plenty of other vanilla scents I prefer, so this one will be going to the swap pile.

In the imp: Sweet and slightly fruity.

Wet on skin: Woah, this is vanilla, but it's fake and plastic-y on my skin ... imitation vanilla.

Drydown: Play-dough vanilla. Seriously, if play-dough came out with scents, the vanilla one would smell like this.

This scent is reminiscent of Go to Sleep Darlings or Snow White from the 2013 Yules, because of that specific vanilla play-dough smell. Tamora doesn't have a ton of throw, but it lasts all day. I put this on in the morning and could still smell it on my arm at dinnertime. Reading the scent description, I would imagine this scent to be beautiful ... "Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean" ... just not on me. :lol: If Go to Sleep Darlings or Snow White worked for you, I think may like this one.

This one is very sweet and creamy and delicious!

I'm not sure what heliotrope smells like, but I get a big burst of peach blossom, which is nice. The vanilla is there faintly to sweeten up the blend, and there is a teeny bit of sandalwood in the background to give it a slightly woodsy feel.

I don't detect the amber outright, but it must be grounding the scent.

On me it doesn't morph much, but that's all the same, because it's beautiful just the way it is. This definitely is a keeper!

Tamora started off nice but quickly turned into 'play-dough mixed with baby powder' on my skin.

I really wanted this one to work. Bummer.

Edited by icecreamcone

In the bottle this smells almost like a fruit overload. But that smell lies. Because it is not a fruit overload. It is the softest, smoothest, gently sweet blend. The amber and the vanilla are at the forefront and it almost has a hint of O to it ... but not enough because the peach blossom and heliotrope give it a fruity twist and the sandalwood gives it a base to sit on. This is sitting out on a warm summer day as a kid, eating some peach ice cream and swinging your feet just enjoying life and the scene around you.