Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lorajc

Tamora

Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

Lush regal floral. Being at a well to do funeral with expensive flowers. I could see a woman of power wearing this so it fits the character.

Sweet but not heavy. Nice.

But, in about an hour, turns into annoying gross old attic smell. Icky.

Ooh, This is nice. :P

The primary scent is peach, the vanilla secondary and then a light touch of amber and heliotrope underneath. The last two being lighter than in Fae. It's not as bright as Fae, it's a touch more subdued. It also seems to be more complex, almost "perfumey" in the floral sense but stops just short of that.

The dry down is best on this, which is rare for me. It's a medium light scent.

This gives Fae a run for it's money for being the best BPAL peach scent.

I would buy a larger bottle of this blend.

Happy sigh. This is definitely one to get again.

I think the mix of amber and vanilla is great, and...maybe it's the heliotrope? Whatever it is, it makes this smell a little bit like graham crackers on me. That's okay, though, because I love graham crackers. Once it's been dry for a while I get more of the peach, and it blends well with the vanilla. Overall, the effect is sweet and creamy and warm, kind of comforting.

First Sniff: All I can smell right now is floral :D

On my skin: Floral with a bit of peach.

After 1 hour: This turned out to be such a fabulous combination of scents on my skin. Every time I smell it on my skin it's a bit different, from florals to peach to vanilla to a blend etc etc.

Final verdict: When I first sniffed this in the imp I didn't think I would like it so I gave it away. I received an imp in my last order from the lab and thought that maybe it was meant to be so I tried again :P I am soo glad I did. Most floral fragrances don't last at all on me, this lasts all day.

Tamora - from a swap with bootso'rourk!

In the bottle: Ugh! Do I want to even try this? It smells horrid. Well, here goes...

On me/wet: How fast can I wash this off? There's something sharp and musty at the same time. Thankfully, Titania is on my other wrist and I can keep smelling that instead while this drys.

Drydown: Ah, sandalwood. How my skin loves you! :D Luckily, my skin seems to like golden sandalwood than red sandalwood, so maybe the other notes will be allowed to play. A hint of vanilla, perhaps? It's turning a bit powdery, which might be the amber.

Eventually: This one mellows so nicely. It turns into a lovely combination of vanilla, a hint of peach/fruit, a little sandalwood, and a touch of powder. :P Once it's been on for a while, it's a delicate but lush scent. Whoa, I'm glad I live through the first stage.

I'm in love again...dang all this stuff that I love. How many and much can I love thee...apparently it's endless!!

TAMORA!!!!! Mmmmmmmm.... :P :D

I've been noticing that I seem to be blessed with skin chemistry that seems to love to play up peach notes, something I'm very happy about.

The short-short review of Tamora is that it smells like a creamy, smooth apricot smoothie with a dash of vanilla and drop or two of heliotrope.

It's like Jack, but in more of a creamy fruit way instead of Jack's yummy baker-ish peach cobbler edge.

It's also darker than Fae, as Fae is a fairy-light peach with the white musk and oakmoss. All three are now in a dead heat with Tamora as my favorite peach scent. I have bottles of all 3, hallelujah. :D

Initial Sniff: I definitely smell the peach and the amber in the bottle, but there is more there, I just can't differentiate the notes.

Wearing: At first, sticky sweet peach dominates, but as it dries the amber and sandalwood take over. The drydown is gently floral with heliotrope, gently sweet with peach, and overwhelmingly golden warmth.

Final Impressions: This is just gorgeous. I was really wary of the peach at first, but this works so well with my skin. :P

Edited by paperdoll

Lovely. This is a light, floaty peach, and the touch of sandalwood just makes it ever so grounded, such that it's not sticky or candy-like. Just a kitten-soft, sweet peach. There's also a gentle sparkle to it . . . probably from the heliotrope.

Some of the peach blends (like Imp) can be overbearing, but this one is very light and wearable. As it dries, the sandalwood becomes more apparant, which usually is a bad thing for me, but the sweetness of the peach prevents it from becoming too masculine.

This is not a "holy grail" oil for me, but it's very pleasant, and I'll really enjoy using up my imp during the summer, when I feel like something fruity but can't deal with the sticky ripeness of some of my favorite fruit blends like Kabuki. I won't be getting a big bottle, however, due to sandalwood, which, although not that obtrusive in this blend, quickly is becoming my nemesis by being present in so many otherwise glorious fruit oils -- yes Zephyr and Kuang Shi, I'm talking to you. :P

Edited by summer

Tamora

In the Vial: Peach, Sweet, but darkened by something else in it.

Wet: Sweet Vanilla and Peach. It's a bit candyish, but just mostly I smell juicy peach... Something a little bit darker comes out.

Dry: Peach, with a hint of vanilla, and something dark in it. It's sweet still, but not as sweet as it was. Something has grounded it, in a way.

Conclusion: It's nice, very nice. If you like peachy scents you'll love this, but it's not what I'm looking for. I'll use up the imp and possibly use up a second one, but... it's just not a scent for me.

(I got this as a bonus imp from a wonderful swappee!)

I am in love! Tamora has notes that are very reminiscent of my beloved Fae, with a good amount of peachiness (but just like Fae, it is not cloying), but it is different enough to not have the same associations. Plus it has the underlying sandalwood hint, just enough to be pleasant without being overpowering. It is a lighter scent than Fae, so you could wear it if you like lighter scents, or just reapply more frequently.

The lab kindly gifted me with an imp of Tamora in my last order :D . It's something I wouldn't have tried as I don't do well with fruity scents but Tamora almost works for me. I can certainly understand why so many people adore it. When I first put it on, it was a lovely nosegasm of sweet and dry notes, almost spicy. I don't know if I've tried any other blends with golden sandalwood but it's divine, other sandalwoods have been kind of dry and raspy on me. As this dries down, I love the smell on my wrist, I can't stop sniffing it, but the waft is a little too fruity and headache-inducing. The final drydown is glorious, the amber and vanilla really come out and the fruity peach/heliotrope notes are a mere accent. I'm going to be swapping this because of the headache stage but it makes me sad :P to give it up.

I really like this! I bought the scent because of the vanilla and amber, two of my favorite scents, and it didn't disappoint.

In the bottle: I smell amber and vanilla and heliotrope. No peach as of yet.

On me: A mellow and golden scent, sweet but not excessively so. Creamy is a good word for it; it has qualities that remind me of my other favorites, like O and Dana O'Shee, but is somehow less "heady." This is a scent I can feel comfortable wearing, without worrying about overwhelming people. It's subtle.

Two hours plus: This isn't something that stays very strong on me. As the vanilla and amber mellow out, the peach finally comes out, delicately, which is good. I like peach (mmmm, peach cream soda, peach schnapps) but the scent and flavor can be a bit overpowering. I really like how the vanilla and peach work together on this one.

This is among my favorites, but may be too similar to some of the 5 mls I already have to get a big bottle right off. It sure is a yummy scent!

Ancientgirl

I generally don't go for fruity smells, so I was surprised by how much I liked this. The peach blends completely into the amber and sandelwood, leaving behind this exquisite sweet spicy, slighty fruity blend. This is a very warm scent, very ripe. This is a perfume for a WOMAN. I wish it had better staying power and more throw on me, though. After half an hour or so I have to smush my wrist to my nose to smell it, which I do a lot. I'll use up the imp before I decide about getting a larger bottle. This is definitely the good side of Tamora the mother and lover, not so much of the ravenous tiger.

Sniff: Light, light sandalwood. Which instantly produces the "ahhhh" sound from me.

On: Yep. Amber, sandalwood, and a faint, teasing hint of something peachy. So far? I love.

After 10: Not so much vanilla bean so far, and still only a hint of peach, but WHAM on the amber, heliotrope, and sandalwood.

Impressions: Tamora seems to me like Aureus-light. For everyone that thought Aureus was too woody or with too much oomph, you might give Tamora a try. It's very, very golden in that same way that Aureus is, but much softer. I find it to be a very sunny, but mature blend. Definately a smell for the sophisticate. And very much one that's going on the bottle list.

After about 20 more minutes, I should add that a sexy as hell creamy note does begin to emerge - it just increases my love for this one.

First sniff on skin: Georgia Peach SN! Really fruity and Hi-C on me

Initial drydown: Vanilla is coming out a bit and calming the peach--very creamy :D

Further into drydown: Peach smoothy--I can definately ID the vanilla as the Vanilla Bean SN, which I ADORE :P Also the golden amber comes out--this is just creamy and golden and YUM!

Edited by joseybird

In Bottle: Peach and bubble gum.

On skin: Is Heliotrope the note that gives many scents that bubble gum smell? I’ve noticed many scents that have this smell that way… Anyway… I love this scent. The peach and vanilla are so sweet and tasty. I notice I love sweet scents. The sandlewood gives it more depth than the other girly fruity scents I’ve tried like Siren, Fae, Lolita, and Aunt Caroline’s Joy Mojo. I also love amber notes, so I think the amber in this scent gives it a sexy vibe. I think the peach and sandalwood are strongest in this. Oh my, I want a big bottle of this scent for sure.

I just lost my FIRST review...DARN :D

Okay...here I go for the 2nd time.... :D

I received this from a generous Ebay'er when I won an auction for I think Kali...which went by the way to my sis. :evil: Even though this wasn't on my official wish list to try, I figured what do I have to lose???

From the bottle: I get tons of fruit..that must be the peach and sweetness...but not bubblegum sweet..just fruits and sweetness. :P

Applied wet on skin: I am getting the fruit and sweetness..along with the heliotrope..but intermingled with this is also what I think is the amber/sandalwood rounding out the fragrance..giving it lushness...WOW :D

I have worn this three times previously before reviewing...just to make sure what I was smelling..and so far..it has been very consistent. I am usually NOT an amber person...the only amber fragrance I have been able to enjoy is I Promfumi't Ambra Del Nepal which blends amber with a sweet/smoky vanilla..beautifully done. However with Tamora, amber is done with fruit and sandalwood in addition to vanilla..and this indeed is truly spectacular.

Dry on skin: I now smell more of the amber and vanilla/heliotrope..with the fruitness of the peach more of a faint background. I am enjoying this immensely.

I find this oil to have pretty good staying power..although I haven't actually worn it to work..I have worn it to bed and awoke to still smell soft whiffs of it... :D

Bottom Line: This is basically has scored a HOME RUN for me. I never, NEVER thought I would ever enjoy wearing amber scents no less than amber blended with fruit and a peeking floral...but I have been proven wrong...I happily and gratefully admit. For me..this is the perfect late fall/ winter fragrance...the fragrance for me is golden, warm, and fruity..but done in such a sohphisticated way..it isn't screaming fruit..but the peach melds so beautifully with the other notes...it truly is amazing...and I cannot wait to wear it as a compliment to th chilly weather.

Bows down...thank you Beth.. :P

tamora.jpg

"Lovely" is the only word that can describe Tamora. The essence of femininity in a bottle. You might say it's like a mighty rose, but there is no rose in the formula. Spice? Not really. Soothing, somewhat maternal (in a very sexy way) it's flowers with no flowers to speak of, peach or apricot? Not so that you could pick it out particularly. It is so well blended that it reminds you of that day that made you so happy, but you don't remember what really happened that day. What a scent. This one is a real classic.

There is nothing animal or "puey" about Tamora but yet it is quintessentially "come hither". It's the antithesis of astringent, not a smell for those who want to be seen as hyper intelligent. The scent lasts and lasts all day long. I'd say it's the scent that Venus wore when she was in the lineup in front of Paris. How could he resist?

in the bottle: sandalwood and peaches, not much else, but Oy! That’s strong.

wet: the sandalwood is still dominant but not along. The sweetness of the peaches is very much there, and I believe I can get the vanilla as well, since there’s a warmth to the peaches that normally isn’t there. A few sniffs more and I can get the amber, no clue what heliotrope smells like though.

drying/5 minutes: I’m getting more spices than peach or vanilla. It’s nice but a bit heavy on the incense/resin odors.

dry/35 minutes: a sweet tinge to sandalwood and amber. Ah well. Not as peachy/vanilla as I’d hoped.

I wasn't sure if I'd like this one, since I don't really care for peach that much. Thankfully I do, even though it's all peach on me, since I ended up with most of a 5ml. :P

In the bottle: Musk(?), sandalwood, then peach. Maybe a bit of faint vanilla?

First on: It comes out almost just like the bottle, I smell musk & sandalwood with peach in the background. It's not what I would have pictured from the character, but it's nice.

Drydown: This turns into straight peach cobbler on me, which I like, but only for certain occasions when I'm in a more girly mood.

Mmmm. Peach. Lush is an excellent word for this one.

Lots of peach, a juicy peach, but not an overly sweet one. A bit of vanilla, and the loveliness of amber. Small touches of heliotrope and sandalwood.

Feels rather summery - a small bit of floral, and a large ripe peach.

(How many more times can I say peach?) :P

Gorgeous!

Bottle (Imp): Really really sweet, with a bare hint of flowers.

Just On: This smells like something really sweet, but I'm not quite sure what. Untrained nose and all, so I don't usually pick out notes very well. I think there is some kind of very mild flower scent as well, but I'm not sure.

An hour or two later: It's not really morphing so much as maturing into a beautiful sweet scent that I'm adoring.

Around 6 hours: It's getting pretty faded, but it's still the same sweet beautiful smell that I am loving.

12 hours: Just barely can smell the sweet goodness, and I think this just hit the top of my lists, or very close to it. Definitely in the top twenty at least.

Overall: This has to go on the big bottle list. I've traded the imp for others I wanted, but I'll be ordering this as soon as I can afford to.

After reading other reviews: I really didn't sense the amber and sandalwood, and I'm guessing the heliotrop is the faint flowers that I get. It stays very sweet on me all the way through, but so blended that I couldn't really pick out notes. This is a huge hit with me, and it's moved way up on my list.

Very light and springy. Fruity light peach at first, sweet and warm. Goes floral after a bit: rather sophisticated, fruity, commercial perfume-y. Very work appropriate. A little spice (from the amber?) comes through later. Goes almost boozy at one point, like peach wine. Hours in, goes a little dusty. Fades fast after that. A separate imp seemed more vanilla and sandalwood-y to me.

On me, Tamora is Golden Priapus's sweeter, juicier, peachier sister. The drydown is almost the same, though the initial stages definitely have that sweet fresh peach scent to them, and it only lasts a few hours (as opposed to g.p., which lasts all day). But it's a lovely, warm, fresh vanilla-with-friends scent on me, great for days when the priapus isn't quite girly enough ;-)

This was one of the first scents I tried when I was introduced to bpal. My nose wasnt quite developed back then, and I quickly threw it in the swap pile. But I recently got another imp of this...thanks to the lab and I am really enjoying this. Very creamy and fruity. Very well blended. This one is a keeper.