Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lorajc

Tamora

Tamora - Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean

First impression (wet) : sweet and gentle blend with very warm undertones.

Drydown: I can't tell which of the five elements I smell more but it's a light, subtle scent. They blend so well and it reminds me of an expensive, high-end perfume, like something I would pick up at Hove in New Orleans. :D

I love this one and I plan on getting a 5ml as soon as I can. :P

Tamora smelled like vanilla sandalwood on me. I suspect that my skin's affinity for sandalwood masked the other notes and made it much less interesting on me, unfortunately. I will use up my imp, but I will not be purchasing Tamora again.

Edited by tempete

In the bottle: peach blossom and heliotrope, almost a whiff of cherry, which isn't listed, but I swear my nose said so...

Wet: sweet, sweet peach vanilla.

Drydown: much more amber and sandalwood. Very warm and nice; as others have noted, the smell is golden.

Verdict: It's quite nice on me, but holy cow, is my sister going to love it. Those who suggested it as a possible present for her in response to my query (she wears Tresor and Casmir) were dead-on. It smells like a much, much nicer Tresor that doesn't make me want to hurl, and on that basis alone, I love it to bits.

*gives sister many enormous bottles, throws Tresor away*

It took me a while to review this because I couldn't think of much to say...Tamora isn't choc-a-block with quirky personality like most of the BPAL family, and she doesn't have any qualities that remotely remind me of her Shakespearean namesake. She's just nice warm peachy ambery sandlewoody goodness.

Tamora is golden, sweet and understated on me.

The heliotrope calms down almost instantly, merging with the peach blossom. vanilla and amber into a light sugar-caramel combination.

This reminds me of a more civilized version of Thierry Mugler's Angel -- it's like being dabbed with pixie dust, versus being rolled in a vat of something sticky.

Fruity and strong in the bottle, the peach note was predominant on me for most of the wear life of this, although there was a subtle layer of honey-warm vanilla with that. Golden peaches in the orchard on a bright, warm day. This was surprisingly light on me and while beautiful had very little staying power on my oh so strange chemistry. Lovely but off to swaps.

I cant believe i didnt review this one. Its one of my favorites. Gloriously warm and sensual. I feel very confident and alluring int his. Its very smooth and almost foody. Like warm peach cobbler on me and dries down to a light powdery version of the initial bottle smell. :P

This and fae are my favorites and are similiar and complementing. Fae is for spring/summer and Tamora for fall/winter. Both delicious peach (who knew i woudl love it so.

This blend is so well executed, the notes do not come through on their own at all.

Wet: difficult to discern individual notes. Fairly floral. Sweet and warm.

Drying: The scent is flowery with a note of figgy-ness although there is no fig listed in the Lab notes. Nice.

Dries to soft scent that is not over flowery. Very approachable.

Got an unsolicited rave that I smelled really good after hugging someone I hadn't seen in a while. I know it wasn't just Tamora she was smelling. It and the mango-vanilla hair product I use probably were combined in the sniff space.

ETA: Same thing happened this afternoon. This is destined to be a good scent for feeling girly moments.

FETA: Decided this needs to be on the wish list for a big bottle. It may be a regular scent.

Edited by yellowrose

First sniff: Golden, juicy, fruity… though I don’t know that I would have recognised this as peach. One of my best friends in high school wore peach lotion as a signature scent, and it always screamed PEACH! at me – Tamora is far more subtle. The texture is smooth and soft, like velvet fuzz, and it’s very warm. I like.

Wearing: Ah, this is really lovely. The warmth of vanilla wraps around the brightness of the fruit, and it’s absolutely delicious. Wonderful stuff.

In the bottle: Tamora smelled sweet and fruity, but not so much so that it was overwhelming. I could also detect a floral note, but I'm not advanced enough to be able to distinguish distinct oils yet.

Applying: The fruitiness was pretty strong at first- although I could not particularly place it as peach, the initial smell was definitely sharp and sweet. I found it to be a bit overwhelming at first- this isn't one of the scents that I have to sniff up close at all!

20 minutes later: Usually at this point things are starting to mellow out- not the case this time! Tamora is still pretty strong. The sharp element has left, however, leaving a rather pretty peach floral. I can tell, too, that this will have some staying power on me- the sweet scents seem to last forever, for some reason. I like this and I will use it again, but I'm going to have to give it a few more tries before deciding on a larger bottle.

My first impression of this was sweet, fruity, and a bit powdery. So well-blended, I couldn't pick out individual notes.

After reading the other reviews and Lab description, I could begin to pick out the different notes. I definitely smell the vanilla and what I think is the amber. I don't really know what heliotrope smells like, or how golden sandalwood differs from other sandalwoods, so I can't quite pick those out.

I really like this one. :P

ADDED Feb. 1:

Tamora is my current fave. I always thought of Tamora as the lighter, fruitier version of O--sexy but girlishly playful. In the vial, Tamora is effervescent peach. On my skin, it's a little more grounded by the amber and sandalwood, but the peach, heliotrope, and vanilla are still the main focus--or at least that's usually how Tamora reacts. Yesterday, however, Tamora went *very* amber-y on me and it made me love it even more!

I'm definitely getting a 10ml of this.

I got an imp of this from the very kind Clover, and boy am I glad I did!

In the vial

Sweet fruitiness. Definitely peach. I also detect another floral note, which I assume is the heliotrope. And the amber.

Wet

Okay, sandalwood, I know you like my skin a lot but must you do this every single time I put on a blend that you're a part of? Needless to say, it comes screeching out. The sandalwood really drowns out everything else, except for the amber which has also smelled sharp, hard & slightly sour on me.

Drydown

However the drydown is gorgeous. My skin smells like almost too-ripe peaches dripping with juice overlaying a background of vanilla. If I inhale my skin closely, I can detect the sandalwood but it's in the far background and just provides a grounding. I don't really smell the amber that much (which is fine by me, given my pathetic history with it) but there's a golden quality to this blend that can only come from amber.

Final thoughts

I think I'm in love! :P In many ways this reminds me of a girlier version of Jezebel, probably because of the sandalwood. Jezebel has a fuller body due to the honey and is more sugary because of it, but Tamora has a stronger fruity presence and it lighter as a result. Oh, there goes another one onto my bottle wishlist.

Oh wow. And here I thought I couldn't wear stuff with fruity notes. This is quite lovely, and I can definitely see the connection to Tresor, for those who made earlier comparisons. My initial impression of this a soft, floral peach that has none of the cloying, overly artificial aspects that so many fruit-scented products out there have. The background is thick vanilla and friends (sandalwood and amber, I presume) melding into my skin, grounding it all into perfection. This is a light, cheery scent that will be great when the weather warms up, thought it does require frequent reapplying on my part.

On me Tamora smells like heavy potpourri -- like the smell you get when you walk into a craft store like Michaels. (Well, not Michaels at Christmastime, but you get the idea.) That must be the vanilla and the peach. The peach manages both to be the loudest note and to smell almost unpeach-like, at least on me. If normal peach scents could be envisioned as a pastel color, think bright loud nectarine-colored peach for Tamora. The amber whispers beneath the peach yell. I can't smell any sandalwood, though.

My husband likes this one, but I think it's going into the swap pile.

tamora is sweet, fruity, and sweet!!! i don't really get the heliotrope at all, and the sandalwood is just a bare hint- this is pure peach and vanilla on me! its yummy, it reminds me of peach cobbler (thats due in part to the sandalwood, i think, which gives a slight earthy tone to it). i love foody scents, but most of them don't seem to work on my skin. when i want to smell like dessert, i grab tamora!

I'm feeling pretty shy about writing my first real review but here goes:

In the bottle and wet on my skin Tamora smells too "loudly" of only peach blossom, in a sharp sweet way. But once it's dry I can smell the vanilla, peachy golden goodness. :D Smells a bit like peach cobbler with sweet vanilla icecream melting over it at first, and then mellows so that it no longer evokes images of food but still smells sweet and light. I might have to get a 5ml, and my boyfriend thinks this is "the best one so far." All the others have been "really bad" or "ok" to him so that's a very good thing! Tamora is a beautiful oil that feels more everyday than some of my other ones that fit only certain occasions such as Perversion.

overall: :P

Edited by Fallenangel743

In the Imp: Candy sweet, like sugared peaches covered with a scoop of melting vanilla ice cream.

Unfortunately soon as I put this on it goes right to sandalwood baby powder on me. Off to the swaps it goes.

I was so excited when my imp of this turned out to be tarted! Ahem, ok, on to the review.

I would basically describe Tamora as sweet and spicy. Not as sweet as say, Dragon's Millk, but it's there. It's a wonderful sweet, spicy, and vaguely floral goodness. I feel like I'm wearing gold. It is a very happy and bright scent, great for springtime to help perk you up after the long winter. I only get the very slightest hint of peach from it, and only if I "look" for it. The vanilla bean keeps it from being too cotton-candyish, and I'm assuming it's the heliotrope and amber that's adding the spice. I think this would also make a great work scent, as it is very nice-smelling without being obtrusive and "perfumey."

In the imp it smelled peachy and bright. Nice enough to pass the initial smell test, so I put some on and let it dry..

AAH! Same crazy, gets-stuck-in-the-back-of-your-throat sweetness that I get from Glitter. In fact, this smells just like Glitter with amber (i'm not a fan of amber, but it's subtle enough here to just ground the blend a little more.) This is pretty, but not really my style (or variety of sweetness.)

this is THE lovechild of fae and glitter! tamora took me back to my newly-popped BPAL cherry days. i could totally remember the excitement and happiness i felt when i ripped open that first box of BPAL. putting this next to the imp of glitter (which smells less astringent than the bottle i used to have) i just got, i could hardly tell the difference, but it smells more like fae than it does glitter. :P

overall, this is very nice and sweet, but it's a bit too girly for me. i was really excited to try it, though.

the peach doesn't really come out of the bottle for me, but once i put in on, it is deliciously peachy! i don't pick up the peach blossom part. straight out of the gate, this is peaches in cream. but not fresh peaches. ... . those wonderful peaches that someone you know has canned. and sweet, fresh cream.

it takes a little while, but then i begin to smell the amber and heliotrope, which gives it great depth. i am learning that amber and heliotrope smell great on me.

after a few more minutes, the scents have blended together beautifully. i pick up some sort of spice. . .but i can't place it.

over all, i really, really like this scent. it will be a staple come spring!

Vanilla and peaches! Oh boy!

In the bottle: Peaches and a light floral. It smells lovely!

On Me: Sparkling peaches, heliotrope, and a light smattering of vanilla. This is wonderful, a very youthful and innocent blend that I think would smell great on my daughter as well. The vanilla makes it a little sophisticated and that makes it very wearable.

That fades quickly, and I'm left with an amber and vanilla smell which is just as beautiful in its own way. I'm very pleased with this one, very pleased!

Starts out on a very fruity, sweet note, like juicy fruit chewing gum. After a few minutes, a warm, velvety peach and vanilla note emerges, followed by a cooling sandalwood and heliotrope. I am not usually a fan of peach fragrances, but this one is very nice, because of the sandalwood. One of the nicest woodsy peach fragrances out there. Notes include: Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

Oh, wow. I can't believe it! I've had this imp for months and months and have never tried it. I would see it and go, meh. Isn't this peach and amber? So I just kept shoving it aside. Tonight I wanted to try something different from what I usually wear, so I finally went through my untried imp box and pulled this one out. I am so glad I did. Generally amber and I don't do well, it doesn't smell bad, it just tends to go powdery. And fruits usually get too cloying. But this is gorgeous. I see the comparison to Tresor, only this one is much prettier, it has more depth and is more rounded and soft. And I also get the "golden" descriptions. I think this one works because of the vanilla and sandalwood. I've discovered that I really, really love sandalwood, and I'm constantly surprised by the lab's vanilla scents, because I've hated vanilla ever since my early run in with Vanilla Fields as a kid. I'm going to have to get some of this for my sister as she's always loved peach smells. This will blow her away.

The peach note is very strong when I first apply this.

1 hour later: Oooh, this is a very soft scent, very womanly and cuddly. I smell primarily the amber, sandalwood and vanilla. They are all mixing together to give it a sort of powdery golden amber scent. Yum!

Ok, I was having a horrid day, but wearing htis scent before bed has calmed me down and helped me make a bit more sense of things. Interesting, not what I would call a happy scent, but it is soothing and gives me clarity of thought, I would mistake this for a voodoo blend if I didn't know any better!

final thoughts: Lovely, absolutely lovely. Feminine and mysterious, with some very calming mojo underneath, faint vanilla powder scent and I am drifting to bed with a smile! Love this blend!! (Sure it's not a voodoo blend??? :D )

ETA: I can't spell :P

Edited by Jasminepearls