Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
oakmoss

How full is full?

Can you explain why there was hardly anything in it then? The base was incredibly thick/high but the fill level really low. The machine can't work perfectly as I've had two bottles of Dorian, one average, the other nearly full to the lid.

Can you explain why there was hardly anything in it then? The base was incredibly thick/high but the fill level really low. The machine can't work perfectly as I've had two bottles of Dorian, one average, the other nearly full to the lid.

Is this a rhetorical question? I have not seen your specific bottle, so I have no idea what was or was not in it. I was explaining that the bottles are filled by volume and not by weight as you had suggested previously. If you feel shortchanged, you may want to send a photo of the bottle to the Lab's customer service.

I accidentally clicked on this forum and the topic popped out at me... in my experience the lab is super generous. I have decanted a wee bit now and I easily get 6 imps out of bottles. I have been told I fill my imps very very full so it is not me being stingy either. Most bottles go into the neck so if I get one that is just below shoulder I figure it is what it is 'supposed' to be. Now I have gotten plenty of bottles of hair gloss and atmosphere sprays that are just barely at top of label and I assumed they packed them that way since the bottles are squishier than glass until I got one super full. I certainly do not complain. I have enough hair gloss and bath oil and atmosphere spray to last a long time. Way longer than when the lab/post manages to tempt me with something oh so shiny and new. :blush2:

I have total anesthesia love since it is my sleepy time scent ~~ take a picture and send it to lab if you feel like your bottle is not full. The staff is really nice. But I do suggest that the lab's typical generosity may have skewed your sense of what a 5 ml looks like in the bottle. Not to sound rude but if you got a bottle of Dorian full to lid and one just below shoulder yeah that is proof that there is no exactness but to shoulder is still above 5 ml in my experience {and some people look at the dip of meniscus to gauge fill level and seriously if the top of the curve is at shoulder and you are decanting you can generally get over 5 full decants out of the bottle... trust me on this}. I have added two full imps from lab to full from lab {at shoulder}bottles and not hit the lid and not thought I was shorted in the bottle department.

I know it's somewhere on the forum but I can't find it. I know there is a picture that someone made that shows a bottle and lines where each level is. Like a line where 30% full is and so on. Does anyone have it or know where it is?