Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thesibylqueen

The Best Mint Blends

maybe treasure ships coming in will deliver what you seek. King mandarin, green mint, green tea leaf, and white musk.

I love love love lick it now, but it's very sugar heavy. mint strong at the start, then fades to the background. it doesn't have a huge throw.

I've never smelled it, but green tree viper sounds amazing to me. forum bottles tend to be too pricey for me, so I'm hoping it will return with the carnival. Snake Oil with four mints, bergamot, and green tea.

how doth the little crocodile has chocolate peppermint listed as a note, but I didn't find it to be so minty.

Thanks so much for the recommendations!

Ichigo, my skin loves marzipan, so I'll definitely have to give it a go.

annemathematics: Treasure Ships Coming In sounds like a combination of pretty much everything I love! I'll definitely have to check it out. Lick It Now, unfortunately, disappeared from my skin within minutes. Green Tree Viper is likely a no on me, alas, due to the patchouli in SO. I amp patchouli to an almost unbelievable degree, even in SO. I'll have to try out How Doth the Little Crocodile even if it's not super minty, because it looks awesome.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the recommendations!

Ichigo, my skin loves marzipan, so I'll definitely have to give it a go.

annemathematics: Treasure Ships Coming In sounds like a combination of pretty much everything I love! I'll definitely have to check it out. Lick It Now, unfortunately, disappeared from my skin within minutes. Green Tree Viper is likely a no on me, alas, due to the patchouli in SO. I amp patchouli to an almost unbelievable degree, even in SO. I'll have to try out How Doth the Little Crocodile even if it's not super minty, because it looks awesome.

Thanks again!

up on etsy is MENACING IONOSPHERIC RESEARCH INSTRUMENT, which takes mint in an herbal metallic direction, if that's of interest to you.

"Electrically charged white amber, violet, sage, mint, and neroli flanked by dazzling metals and shining wires."

Hello minty friends. I am specifically looking for the type of mint that is in Lick It, the one that actually feels cool on the skin...

Hello minty friends. I am specifically looking for the type of mint that is in Lick It, the one that actually feels cool on the skin...

The only Lick It I have is Lick It Now (2013), and Tokyo Stomp is very similar...

Have you tried Anesthesia? It has the same peppermint with lavender.

Hmm, I have NOT. but I will! Thank you for that. I love the idea of the mint with lavender, as I use them for sleep blends.

Are there any mint blends where mint remains part of the scent for some time? It seems like an ephemeral top note that goes away quickly. I loved Mad Hatter for five minutes before the black musk stomped all over the lovely mint.

edited to add: I am not really looking for a candy mint, more of a mint-tea or refreshing spearmint/peppermint,

Edited by Myrrha

I recommend Green Tree Viper, which is mint and a soft backing of snake oil muskiness on me. You might be able to find an old bottle for sale, or wait until it's released with CD.

My favourite mint of all time is Spooky. I love it so much! To me its very chocolate mint. I'm trying how doth the little crocodile in hopes of similarities.

I also find Envy a beautiful herbal mint on me.

ETA: How Doth the Little Crocodile may be my new fav mint blend - on me it's chocolate mint with hints of woods....lovely!

Edited by Liz617113

I did get Anesthesia, it is amazing (and I am reading Good Omens right now).

Mad Hatter is so gorgeous. It smells like summer.

My mint (cold) faves

Ultraviolet

Cathode

Nuclear Winter

Black Ice

Country of Eternal Light

Tokyo Stomp

Tulzcha

Ice (from Kabuki series)

I need to try Numb, Pain, Anesthesia, Snowblind, the Coil, Menacing Ionospheric, Lick it

Edited by sprout

You know, I had a strange relationship with Ice. On first meeting it, I thought it was way too "male " for me, and I put it up for sale. Fortunately nobody bit, because I now find it to be a very multilayered thing, much more complex then I first saw it.

Sprout, get some Anesthesia...

Necro-bump! What are everyone's favourite mint scents right now? I was wearing 404 gateway timeout earlier and kept waving my wrist in a circle and sniffing, mmm. I get sweet mint with some sort of fainter maybe fruity/juicy/herbal notes. It doesn't last long at all though. 

Green Tree Viper, Psionicist, and Green Lovebird are my current faves! I'm especially enjoying the vanilla with the mint in Green Lovebird. 

Edited by feyofthefellwood

22 hours ago, feyofthefellwood said:

Green Tree Viper, Psionicist, and Green Lovebird are my current faves! I'm especially enjoying the vanilla with the mint in Green Lovebird. 

Ooh I was worried about the pistachio (though I love to eat them!!) in green lovebird but the reviews sound lovely, thank you!