Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thesibylqueen

The Best Mint Blends

My gfriend is wild about mint scents and wants a minty BPAL but I'm having a hard time finding any. So far, I've only noticed Spooky and Envy as mint-y scents. Are there any others (hopefully no discontinued scents)? Thanks for any help,

Audra

Edited by ivyandpeony
adjusted title to reflect the path the discussion has taken

Cathode starts out minty. Undertow is supposed to have a strong mint component. Pain has a type of mint in it.

Otherwise, try to find Frost Moon, and if you can't do that, some of the Black Broom Exclusive orisha oils are high on mint factor.

shattered and ellegua (black broom scent) are THE minty scents.

juke joint should be a lovely boozy mint

ultraviolet is minty, as is viscomte de valmont

Mint scents are my absolute favorite ones.

Undertow and Frost Moon are the best ones that I have tried. I also think that Nine Mysteries is a good one too.

In terms of mint scents -

Spooky, as you've noted.

Undertow and Shattered, which are similar in smell on me. I prefer Undertow over Shattered though.

Frost Moon is a beautiful, creamy mint.

Mad Hatter, which didn't smell all that masculine on me is extremely minty. However the pennyroyal didn't come out on me at all, so how minty it is may depend on how much pennyroyal comes out on your girlfriend's skin.

Nine Mysteries (currently unreleased) is pure peppermint from the get-go, but it morphs a lot in the drydown. It didn't last that long on me and I remember it not smelling much like mint at the end.

I second Nine Misteries (though you get lets of different scents with the mint too, as the name implies :D ) and Shattered. I haven't tried that many mint scents yet and I'm still waiting for my Spooky, but Shattered is one of my faves. It's really light and refreshing and not just pure mint. :P

I've got Spooky, and I love the mint note in that, but the sweeter notes make it too sticky for summer wear for me anymore.

I'm looking for icy, minty, cold, crisp scents to wear on those hot muggy days when all you can do is lay about wishing you had a freezer large enough to crawl into.

I've tried Envy and Ultraviolet, and didn't care for them too much. I'm pretty sure I've posted reviews on them, if you're curious.

I fell in love with Tulzscha from Springtime in Arkham

Minty at first and softens with a cucumber note that I find perfect for spring and summer.

I've been loving Snowblind & Lick It lately, but those obviously were LEs. Tulzcha was a great cucumber and mint scent, very watery and cool.

You might want to try Pain (pennyroyal & lavender), Mad Hatter (lavender citron, black musk, and pennyroyal) or some of the more masculine blends. I get a cool feeling from a lot of the masculine scents (Villain, Wilde, Vicomte de Valmont). I'd definitely recommend The Mock Turtle from the general catalogue as well (blurry aquatic notes, with a confusing, contrary splort of iris, ambrette, green apple, vodka, white mint and a squish of lime).

My friend loves R'lyeh for the summer, as it goes to a chilly aquatic grapefruit on her, though it smells awful on me, personally.

A lot of the tea scents like Embalming Fluid or Shanghai can be really refreshing as well.

And you might want to try some of the fruity blends like Shango (crisp apple on me) or Yemaya (lovely, summery melon).

Have you tried Undertow?

Mint, lotus and juniper. I never expected to like it, but I tried it recently & am quite entranced by it.

interesting.

I suppose I should mention that the citrus notes tend to go very cleaning product-y on me, at least the lemon in embalming fluid et al did.

I tend to wear Snow White or Dana O'Shee most of the year 'round, for reference.

I'll go look up reviews of the scents suggested.

I think Szepassony is really nice for these hot days we've been having. It seems very "cooling" to me.

I agree with Arylkin about Szepasszony being the most "cooling" non-tea/citrus GC scent.

For wintery mintiness it is hard to beat Nuclear Winter or Lick It. Lick It actually leaves a cold spot on my wrist when I apply it.

Yep. Lick It's definitely the one for me in warm weather. :P

I also love Embalming Fluid (sparkling lemonade), Dorian (citrus tea), Yemaya (melons) and Empyreal Mist (light, green apples) for happy, light, summery blends. :D

I agree with Tulzscha as a great quencher. Milk Moon, Chaste Moon and Black Cat are nice additions to any collection if you're a mint lover - and yeah, Spooky. Sweet and cold, on me it's just sweet enough to wear on those hot summer days without getting cloying.

If I want a really cooling scent in hot weather, I definetely go for Cathode, Embalming Fluid, the Mock Turtle's Lessons (a recent hot weather favorite!) or Asphodel

Nuclear Winter's an LE, but it's so perfectly chilly.

Undertow is nice and refreshing, and a lot easier to wear than I thought it would be. And I just discovered Tarot: The Star :P so perfect for summer. Lime, light, light coconut and mint. Embalming Fluid's another solid bet. Mmm green tea with lemon.

I keep my Tulzcha in the fridge. It's perfect, and I don't even *like* most icy scents. The Star is nice refrigerated, too.