Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Salice

Tobacco scents

There's a candle I really like at CandlesByCows. It's Amber & Ash.

Basically, it's tobacco and amber scented, and it's really, really yummy.

I was wondering if anyone could recomment anything with a tobacco note, or something that smells similar, but may not be exactly the same.

I have Kali, but haven't tried it. I have Roadhouse, but the smell wasn't there in it for me. Perversion is on my list.

Any others? :P

The only other I can think of is Hellfire (the new one), which has tobacco, musk, ambergris, leather and incense notes. The musk and ambergris should be fine on you... Any aversion to leather or incense?

It looks like you've tried everything except Hellfire, which hypothermya just mentioned. Here's the description on BPAL

Sin & Salvation Hellfire NEW FORMULATION

A scent celebrating Sir Francis Dashwood’s Order of the Knights of St. Francis of Wycombe, also known as the Hellfire Club. A swirl of pipe tobacco, hot leather, ambergris, dark musk and the lingering incense smoke from their Black Mass.

I love leather, actually. As long as it's a -good- leather. I have Hellfire at home. I've been really lapse about trying the new things.

Scarecrow and Mad Hatter own my heart, and I'm lazy.

I'll try that one when I get home, and see. It's description leads me to believe I'll love it. I know I tried it -once-, but it was on a multi-oil day, where I was cramming in several.

Also, what about getting something like Djinn and layering it with a single note Amber? That might actually be really yummy, although it would be *definitely* more ashy than tobacco.

Oh. That's complicated stuff, layering. I don't know if I could do that and not end up smelling really bad.

It's advanced techniques, they scare me! I'm just a novice!!!

Kali went really sweet on me - I think it's the wine, but I really got the yummy tobacco note out of Hellfire and Perversion. Hellfire is one of the only ones to make me picture a place, that's how good I think it is.

It makes me think of a rake out of a crotch novel - or his study anyway. A dark room with a fireplace and dark leather chairs and books and scotch and two glasses. Yum.

Sorry, I really love Hellfire and will wax on for a really long time.

I'll definitely have to try it. But on a side-note?

I read shadow's post as a 'rake out a crotch novel'. And was trying to picture what this novel was. What sort of novel -rakes out- a crotch?!

Then .. I re-read. Yeah. So, Hellfire. It sounds like it should be exactly what I put it on my list for. Should be good. Now .. to find a single-note Amber.

Mmm. Formula 54.

My fear on that one is I'll fall in love with it, and then .. poof. It'll be gone.

Then where will I be? I'd hate to have to actually stalk someone else who ordered a bottle. :P

Rake out a crotch? I'm dying over here. That sounds really horrible, and if there is ever a book that does that, I'm running.

Salice, both Djinn and Brimstone are... er... kinda just plain Ash. Those with the single note of amber might be pretty groovy, though...

Hmm .. we have Djinn. I have a single note of Egyptian Amber. I'll haveta test that out on him, Beth. I'll letcha know. :D

i think formula 54 has a tobbacco note in it - if you can get a bottle!  :P

I'm already planning on stalking the forums on Monday, don't you worry.

Edited by TygherRayn

Okay. So the consensus is ... Djinn and Single-note Amber, since I don't have Brimstone.

All hail q-spice, for I believe she's the one who sent that amber to us. Thanks, ladies! :P

So. On my hand I've now one part Djinn, one part Egyptian Amber.

I'm liking it. It's ashy. Very, ashy. And Amber. Imagine that, Beth was right. :P

Yay. Thanks for the advice.

Can anyone recommend tobacco notes from anywhere and everywhere?

Candles by Cows doesn't have the tobacco candle anymore. *pouts*

I've tried Medicine Show, Hellfire, and Santo Domingo (and have 5mLs of them now) as well as Elegba and Perversion.

I want a good tobacco scent for my car. His name is Rupert and if you saw him, you'd know right away he needs to smell of tobacco.

So recommend me ANY tobacco scents!

Can anyone recommend tobacco notes from anywhere and everywhere?

Candles by Cows doesn't have the tobacco candle anymore. *pouts*

I've tried Medicine Show, Hellfire, and Santo Domingo (and have 5mLs of them now) as well as Elegba and Perversion.

I want a good tobacco scent for my car. His name is Rupert and if you saw him, you'd know right away he needs to smell of tobacco.

So recommend me ANY tobacco scents!

Love in the Asylum, a recent limited edition (meaning it shouldn't be TOO painful to find,) was a nice rose-tobacco-incense scent.

While I haven't smelled it, I also have heard someone say Dracul had a nice tobacco note in it.

Non-BPAL, Geparlys' Darkness comes to mind. It's little-known but much loved by many who do know it (in my experience). It is a somewhat sweet, but rather masculine tobacco/tonka blend. (I figure since it's for a car masculine edge doesn't matter!) It's a bit hard to find anywhere but on E-Bay, but you usually can get it fairly cheap there.

Love in the Asylum, a recent limited edition (meaning it shouldn't be TOO painful to find,) was a nice rose-tobacco-incense scent.

While I haven't smelled it, I also have heard someone say Dracul had a nice tobacco note in it.

Non-BPAL, Geparlys' Darkness comes to mind. It's little-known but much loved by many who do know it (in my experience). It is a somewhat sweet, but rather masculine tobacco/tonka blend. (I figure since it's for a car masculine edge doesn't matter!) It's a bit hard to find anywhere but on E-Bay, but you usually can get it fairly cheap there.

Dracul didn't like me. I'm not too sure about the Rose part, as it really REALLY hates me, but tobacco AND tonka!!!????

*stalks on ebay for it*

Tobacco and amber is one of my favorite combos, too.

Just in case you'd want to check out a non-BPAL scent to complement all of the wonderful recommendations here, you might also want to try "mutation no. 1" by next guru now. I think it's actually on sale right now at beautyhabit (I'm totally not affiliated with these companies, btw).

It's a lovely tobacco-amber blend, with a smidge of tarragon I think, that dries down to a delicious, soft amber-vanilla-tobacco. Really great!

I think Gothrosary's Wicked is a very nice fresh, green tobacco scent. It also has a leather note which makes it strong and sweet and creamy though, perhaps better as a skin scent than for a car named Rupert?

I really liked Herr Drosselmeyer form the Yule '05 collection and was wondering if anyone has suggestions for scents from the GC that have the scent of tobacco in them. For those of you familiar with Herr Dross, is there anything else that is similar? Thanks for your help.

Try Dee -- the pipe-tobacco in there is similar to that in Herr Drosselmeyer, plus leather and yummy tonka.

I also hear that the tobacco note in Perversion's pretty nice, but I haven't tried it.

Not quite the same, but Hellfire is a warm pipe tobacco scent.

It's not GC, but I liked the tobacco note in Medicine Show until my chemistry started amping it like crazy.