Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

The Pool of Tears

A sea of salty tears drowning out Alice's light floral perfume.

In the imp: Strong ozoney lavender

Drying on my skin: The sharp lavender softens to a sweet lavender with strong saltnotes in the background. It smells like fresh very salty seawater spilled over candied lavender. Yumm! There are also some very faint, powdery flowers in the background (rose?).

Throw and staying power: Medium throw, about 8 hours

Colour impression: Soft lilac with hints of pale green

Verdict: Amazing! I love this scent very much!
Unique, soft and chilly. Sweet and very salty at the same time. The flowery perfume in the background has a slightely oldfashioned touch - not in a "old ladies" way but girlish. Almost like looking at old photographies from the 19th century.

It's so salty! It captures the smell of tears so well, and the gorgeous floral note really is drowning in it! It's gorgeous and a lovelier aquatic than I was expecting! I think I'm in love.

Imp: Salty perfume, now that is uncanny. A sweet little girl's perfume drenched in tears, absolutely as described.

Wet: The perfume comes out on my skin, with the salt as a backdrop that I can't seem to decide whether or not I like.

Dry: I have decided I do like! The salt gives the otherwise delicate perfume a little extra oomph and makes it more complex than your average floral. Really quite pleasant on the drydown. Nothing I will be jumping up and down over and wearing every day, but definitely a keeper. The salty aqautic aspect comes out a little more as it dries, but the florals tend to win out and keeping it from being a straight aquatic, thankfully. 3/5

In Imp: salty, spicy, sweet, and waxy?

On Wet: slightly soapy, aquatic note, spicy florals

On Dry: a soft clean smell (like fresh laundry out of a dryer or mild soap)

This scent is not for me (not a body scent), it's great if I wanted to smell like really nice clean laundry though. I will probably put some on my clothes or car.

It's probably my body's chemistry fault.

Edited by Celune

In the bottle - A hint of salty roses

Wet on me - Soft, green, soapy florals

Dry on me - A soft, pale, floral tinged with salt water

Overall - Not really my cup of tea

Aquatics don't work with my chemistry. They always turn to dryer sheets and soapiness. I do love smelling them in the imp, though. I love how this really smells like salty, spicy carnation, but watered-down Alice.

First Sniff: A bit of ozone, salt and some wet sea grass. Maybe even a hint of mint.

Wet: It softens when it hits my skin and still smells pleasantly salty. There’s something soft underneath, probably the Alice scent coming through.

Dry: It fades to a very light, salt smell on my skin. There’s also something vaguely flowery underneath.

My Reaction: It’s definitely got that salty smell to it. Not unpleasant and really evocative of the name. A very feminine scent, light and airy. Unfortunately, as I’m finding most aquatics, they don’t last long with my skin chemistry. I really liked the initial smell though.

Rating 1-5: 3

Just as the description says. I'm not too crazy about the Alice, but this scent drowns it out and gives it a different twist. And it smells salty >_<

5/5 <3

ITI: Strong aquatic with an overarching note of salt. The undertone is a slightly more exotic floral.

Wet: I smell like salt and aquatics with florals underneath, like lily or iris. There is a little greenness to the aquatic, like a touch of juniper, but the salt really throws me off and makes me almost nauseous.

Dry: Salty sweat after 15 hours. That's a nope for me.

Other Impressions: Interesting is all I got from my husband. It's musky florals when I asked him if he could classify them. Then he mentioned something about flowers having certain pieces male anatomy.

Edited by mymymai

Salty aquatic, as described. Turns to cheap soap in the extreme on me. Most aquatics don't work on me, so no surprise here.

On me it's a lovely blend of watery, salty lavender with hints of sweetness. Clean and creamy. It smells like the ocean and if I close my eyes it takes me too a cottage by the sea, the soft ocean breeze blowing through open windows with crisp linen curtains, comfy cream sofas and white washed walls. Beautiful.

In bottle: Mostly ocean with a touch of light floral. Wet: More nuanced on the skin. The ocean scent is more interesting and less uniform than the general run when combined with the florals which are also more individual when warm. Still not my thing, but I was going to dismiss this as a bit dull, and now I can’t. Dry: mostly Ocean scent.

Imp: Salt water. Surprised how easily I can pick out the salt note. It sorta hits you in the face going "Hey, remember me? :D" Bunch of lavender underneath. Doesn't smell very floral at all. Strangely nice.

Wet: The lavender heightens. It's a very sharp, spicy lavender. I wouldn't describe it as light. It is very sharp, between the lavender and the salt.

Dry: Salty lavender. That's abouttttt it.

Wet: Strong lavender layered over a sweet aquatic.

Drydown: The aquatic component comes forward a bit more and some spicy florals join the lavender. There’s something sort of old-fashioned and ladylike about it. It becomes saltier and less sweet as it dries.

Dry: Lavender soap. It’s a pretty soap - the kind you might hold up to your nose and sniff with a smile before using. But, yeah, it’s definitely soap.

6 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

In the vial: aquatic florals

Wet: Exactly what it sounds like. Salty, aquatic, and just a hint of florals. Tears and drowned florals.

Dry: It’s very clean. The aquatic note is very nice. It gets warm and a little spicy. Other reviewers have said there’s a lavender note, which I think I’m detecting. The lavender is making my allergies act up. It’s not a bad scent, but it’s not evocative or gorgeous or really “me”.

Wet: salty aquatic with a bit of floral carnation. Dry: salt dies down slightly and the carnation blooms a bit more, making this a soft aquatic floral. Low throw and probably won't stick around very long (already reapplied and it hasn't been more than 2 hours, but this is great for situations where you can't have fragrances on, it's a stick to you type of scent. Nice, but I will not need a bottle.

In the imp: A salty floral blend. I think there may be a lavender note in the floral component of this scent. I hope this ends up being more of a floral blend than an aquatic one. I'm generally not fond of aquatic scents.

Wet: The salty tears are the dominant note. This note, combined with the floral note, makes the blend veer into 'soapy' territory.

Okay, this is odd. The florals are more prominent now (although I am not getting any lavender on my skin), but this note, combined with the salty note, is giving me the impression of a bathroom cleaner. Oh no!

Dry: The blend seems to have rounded itself out now, but something in it is still off-putting. I think it is the floral component of this blend.

Verdict: I will stick to my sugary florals. I am going to keep my imp of this (as I want at least an imp of everything that has been in the Mad Tea Party collection), but I won't be upgrading this to a bottle.

In the bottle: An aquatic, soft floral blend, with a hint of carnation.

Wet: It's very delicate on my skin, and still very floral, with carnation. It reminds me of Alice, but a bit more salty and aquatic.

Dry: Oops, it just turned bitter during dry-down. It seems temporary, but what remains afterwards smells like deodorant.

Verdict: It started o.k., but turned bad. Not a keeper.

Edited by RedRoseMaze

So I thought aquatics were my jam, then I got burned by a few recently (not literally, silly) and had to get rid of them. I guess I have to have some sort of organic note to go along with the water, or it just doesn't work. The saltiness described in this one gives me hope.

In the imp I get a bit of florals but then...boooo....that too-sharp, bright-blue Yankee-Candle-knockoff "ocean" smell. The smell that caused me to ditch Sea of Glass and Windward Passage. It's definitely softer than those two, but I'm not sure.

After a few minutes, it's like someone mixed Zest bar soap with a bit of flowery shower gel. I feel like it's trying to be Egle (one of my favorites) but is too sharp.

Note to self: maybe I should confine my aquatics to mainly inland bodies of water, like rivers and lakes. Except for Egle, the ocean and I don't seem to get along.

This is a very salty aquatic. I wish there was more to say about it, though. It wasn't more than just a salty aquatic for me and there are other similar scents that bring more to the table.

Wet: Ozone and lavender, with ozone being the stronger of the two.

Dry: Salt! Salty ozone, with still some lavender in the background. Unfortunately, it's reading a bit soapy now, though.

I liked the wet stage, but aquatic + floral typically doesn't work on my skin in the long run.

There's a sad but funny story about this one! It accidentally leaked in the mail and emptied itself onto other imps-- sad, but strangely, really fitting given its name haha! After I let it settle I had a smudge enough to do a single test.

Wet: Green, salty, slightly floral

On: As it dries it surprisingly smells more like tears but with a smudge of floral. I'm not good with picking flowers but it's maybe a white rose and carnation. 

Dry down: This ends as quite a nice blend. Nothing stands out too distinctly but it seems almost vanilla-ish at the end with the green edge and a very light floral.