Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Smell sanctified! A blend of pure, pious frankincense and graceful myrrh.

Yesss. Dry, resinous, slightly smoky frankincense and myrrh. To me, this is an ‘ultimate incense’ scent. Like if you want to smell like a pack of lightly sweet, run of the mill incense, this is perfect. I got a sample to make sure, but I’ll most definitely be buying a bottle.

In the imp: Frankincense and myrrh. They're blended, but I can pick out each note distinctly. 

On my skin:

Yep. Still the light, powdery resinous-ness (resinence? no, spell check does not like that) of frankincense and myrrh. Dry, it's powdery myrrh first with a slight hint of lemon -- I'm guessing from the frankincense -- just a beat afterward. This settles down to be a top note of bright frankincense with a base of powdery myrrh.

I'm amazed by this blend. I have a few blends where the myrrh is prominent on my skin and where the myrrh is one note that helps make it a "sexy" perfume. While this blend isn't demure or chaste on me, necessarily, it is more subdued and cerebral. It might make a nice meditation blend. And while I'm not sure how much I love it for a perfume, it definitely is a nice scent on me. I'll probably keep this imp but won't feel the need to purchase additional quantities. 

It's the same insence as in hymn on me! Actually, it's that, without the strong white rose and something a little more dusty...maybe spicy? I should give this another try very soon, I've actually been quite stuffy for a few weeks, but I'm really intrigued. It's got something 1001 nights about it. 

Edited by Cali

What it says on the tin. Dry, powdery, a little lemony. The frankincense is stronger than the myrrh on me. This would probably be very good layered with something else, but by itself it's not as pretty and complex as other bpal frank/myrrh blends.

Yep, this is classic frankincense & myrrh. This version starts off dry, a bit lemony, and more incense smoke than resin. After drydown, the frankincense kicks in more and it gets smoother, deeper, and more resinous. Not the kind of thing I need a bottle of, but do recommend if you want a classic resinous scent.

I got this one in the incense scents imp pack, although I was a little disappointed, I don't really get any incense smell from it.

When wet I got a lot of that lemony note, it reminds me of something like lemon myrtle or lemon verbena. Then as it dried, it turned... vaguely sweet and indistinct. It's not an unpleasant smell by any means, I wouldn't mind this as a scented candle or if someone else was wearing it, it's just a bit one-note for me; I'd probably look to something like Whitechapel for a similar lemony, clean, and masculine scent, with just a bit more complexity.

I am a HUGE incense lover so I had high hopes for this one! It changed a lot as I wore it. Freshly applied, it started off smelling like cologne scented soap :unsure: Uh-oh. But after a couple of minutes, I began smelling something deep and mildly smoky in the background. As it continued to dry down, the soapiness faded. Ten minutes after application, it smells like rich, deep incense and musky citrus. There is a masculine, cologne-like quality to it. After an hour, it settled into a powdery, mildly sweet incense cologne scent with a hint of spiciness in the background. I really love it. It's rich and complex, and so up my alley.