Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
slave1

Tweedledum

Absurd! Green mango, fig, patchouli and green tea.

This one didn't do much for me. I get a vaguely fruity sweet note from it, but I can't pick out any individual notes. It fades quickly to a simply sweet/indistinct gourmand note. I like Tweedledee much more.

Tweedledum is my favorite that I've tried of the new MTP scents but I'm not quite sure how to describe it. As a color, it's orange and green in my mind, not too surprisingly -- the mango and green tea play off each other nicely. As someone else stated, it reminds me of a sort of Pier 1 candle scent, but without that artificial, waxy smell.

At first it's mostly mango and tea with a bit more strength and earthiness to it than such a light scent would normally have. I chalk that up to the patchouli though I don't really smell it. Gradually the fig starts to chime in, a very distinct, gritty and slightly sweet scent.

I don't see where I'd wear it a whole lot but it's definitely a unique scent in the lab's arsenal and would work well for anyone who likes that fruity candle sort of scent. Good room scent too perhaps? Nice pairing for Tweedledee. I'll definitely try to wear it around this summer and see if it grows on me even more.

Tweedledum and Tweedledee

Began to fight and grapple

Said Tweedledee

To Tweedledum

You smell a lot like Snapple.

Tweedledum is fun-silly fruity. It won't be a staple, but it's nice to have around.

In the vial and wet on my skin, I get a very vague scent of fig and patchouli with a ity bitty end note of mango.

As Tweedledum starts dries down, the scent is fading quickly! I am getting more of the mango but it and the fig are being over powered by the patchouli.

and then.... it disappears? Dang it!! It seems I have had more than my share of scents that just disappear on me lately. What fun is that? I will give it another half hour and see then...

It took about 20 minutes and then I could smell it again. At complete dry down, Tweedledum is mango on a base of sweet fig and patchouli (no tea to be found!). It is a very light fragrance - unlike it's twin Tweedle Dee that is loud, Tweedledum in shy and cautious. This isn't a winner for me - I can't smell it very well. This goes into the swaps!

efs

Edited by Shollin

In the imp - definate mango. It smells much more like candy, whereas T.dee smells more like fresh fruit. On it sort of a bright sweet fruit scent with a bit of tanginess. Reminds me of tropical life-savers candies. Yummy!

Tweedledum

As anything with fruit in it, Tweedledum is mostly fruity on me. The good thing is it doesn't turn into scented erasor or bubble gum or bubble bath or something like that as most fruits and berries do. It is very bright and playful and childish, but not artificial. Instead, it's a juicy, sunripe, sweet, yellow tropical fruit. It seems mango actually works on my skin, so I've finally found one fruit besides apricot that does.

I get a strong patchouli from this but the mango tones it down a lot… which is good because not a *huge huge* fan of patchouli. This is such a fruity green scent. A bit “woodsy” because of the patchouli I think but very do-able for me.

Oh my, I loooove this.

I got to try this because of the General Catalog Circular Swap!

My impression wet was, sweet, fruity, darkened, YUM!

Sniffing this dry, well, you guys are all going to think I'm nuts, but it bears a strong resemblance to Midway + fruits! It smells buttery and sweet to me. You may not want to base your experience on this though, 'cause I have some pretty wacky chemistry sometimes.

Mmmm. Spicy mango. This is a very orange and green scent in my mind, as someone else said above, I think. The patchouli is not overly obvious, but it definitely keeps the mango from being too WOAH FRUIT on me, and the fig and tea add really neat depth. Definitely something I am glad I ordered in a bottle right off the bat.

at first: the slightly bitter freshness of green tea, with mango, sweet fig, and a bit of earthy patchouli.

on: lots of patchouli, which is nice. the other notes are there, too, but the patchouli is enveloping them.

2.5 hours later: mostly, i smell the green tea, with just a hint of fig.

6.5 hours later: mostly the freshness of the green tea with a bit of earthy patchouli.

overall: this is a really fun, crazy scent, but i don't think i'd really reach for it often.

In the vial: very sweet fruit.

Wet: very sweet fruit. Uh, oh.

Dry: Oh, my! The patchouli came through and made this absolutely delightful. This is the perfect summer patchouli scent!

This one came out too fruity and sweet to me. A friend of mine and I both came to the consensus that I smelled like a candle store.

I couldn't tell that there was a green tea note in this one; it was cloying on my skin. Another analogy was that of a melted piece of candy.

Not for me.

-doreen

I thought this would be my favourite out of Dum & Dee because it would be heavier. But no, whilst T'dee is still wafting off my wrist, T'dum has almost vanished entirely. Most surprising. The patchouli is very gentle, the green tea sleeps in the background and the green mango slaps you round the face when wet with an almost metallic tang, then skulks in the corner before buggering off entirely, presumably to meet with fig who doesn't seem keen to play either. Most disappointing.

Wow! This is lovely, tart and sweet on first application. I adore mango, so I'm glad to see it pop up in another GC. This blend is delicious fruit tea to my nose, so close it makes me thirsty.

my friend Gonzo makes truly delish frozen mango drink.

but, then, my friend Gonzo really likes his rum.... and his rum drinks... so maybe that's what i like. i dunno.

i'm thinking mango is much like BPAL apricot in that it just turns wrong on me.

i do get hints of patchouli and green tea... the fig that i *think* is what makes some blends so rich and earthy is... either not showing up or being overshadowed by the MaNgO

impsniff: mango and green tea

skinsniff, wet: mango

skinsniff, dry: mango

I can't believe I'm running through my imp in less than a week.

At first very sweet, juicy, tart and fragrant mango -the fruit of fruits -, then the fig earthiness joins in. I can't detect any tea, but I suppose it keeps the whole thing from going syrupy as some other fruit blends, and adds a "that's real, fresh fruit" vibe - as in my beloved Bewitched.

Actually, I can see why my imp life is going to be a short one..:P

Tweedledum is an earthy spicy mango tea. It starts out with a lot of patchouli & fig at the start, but it tones down to a balanced fruit-spicy scent. I'm glad it didn't turn out as fruity on me as it did on others.

I ordered this as a 5ml unsniffed, 'cause I am obsessed...I sort of regret this purchase because Tweedledum does not last long on me at all (weird cause it has patchouli, and that note always sticks around).

The blend is lovely, dark and fruity, and reminded me a lot of Shango for some reason, although minus the wafts of banana that Shango has on me. All of the notes appear on my skin very well blended, but as I said, don't stick around for more than an hour.

I did, though, find a somewhat solution to this, since I decided to not sell my bottle. Layering it with a drop of Luperci brought out the patchouli and made it stick around for a bit longer. So, if this doesn't last long on you, I highly recommend trying this combo.

I love this scent - it is fresh, fruity and sweet, but not too much, just perfect. It is a wonderful sommer scent.

It reminds me of Shango as well, but this is lighter and works better with my skin.

I can't make out individual notes, but it smells exactly like if you place a bunch of very ripe fruits ( mangoes, peaches, pears....) out on the kitchen table for a while, truly fuity, not artificial fruity.

Far too light. I smelled a brief note of mango and something sweet (oddly, didn't notice any patchouli at all, and that is a note that really hates me and generally amps itself way up). And then it is rapidly fading, fading, and I'm left with a mild sweetness on my wrist that can't be described as either fruity or foody or herbal or anything, it's just...sweet. I'm pretty indifferent on Tweedledum, maybe Tweedledee will be better.

Tweedledum - When I first apply this, it’s predominantly mango and although it’s light, it smells so fresh and delectable. As the oil warms up on my skin, the scent of the green tea mixing with the mango becomes noticeable (and it makes me thirsty for mango iced tea!) It’s not long until the sweet and meaty scent of the fig comes bouncing out with the rest of the notes. I’m so surprised by what a fun and delightful fragrance this is. Patchouli sometimes works on me and sometimes doesn’t, and this is one instance where it really works well. Upon full drydown, the patchouli becomes noticeable and provides depth and richness to the fruit and tea notes, grounding them and keeping them down-to-earth. Overall, I’m really impressed by this interesting and unexpected combination of notes. The throw is well below average, as is the staying power, but it’s such a fun scent, that when I wear it, I won’t mind reapplying over and over to keep the scent about me all day long.

In the imp and wet on my skin, this is so fruity and delicious. But as soon as it dries, the patchouli takes over. I'm not usually a fan of patchouli, although I've found some BPAL patchouli blends that work for me. This, however, is evil, rank, nasty patchouli. It's really too bad, because if the patch had behaved itself, I think this would have been a favorite.

Edited by maijasu

Oh wow, I loved this one. Out of all the ones I've tried so far, this one just blew me out of the water, it was perfect. The mango was just sweet/fruity enough w/o being overpowering and based in patchouli so that it wasn't too heady w/ just fruit, but a beautiful light, sweet scent. Definitely a 5ml for me. :P

This smells overpoweringly like alcohol in the imp and wayyyy too mango sweet and boozy on my skin. No patchouli at all for me. *sigh* :P

Edit: Well, dang if this doesn't get better the longer it's on my skin! NOw I get the patchouli overpowering the mango in such a nice way

Edited by Eunice_Branca