Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sookster

Dixie Love Perfume

A powerful old Voodoo love oil. It increases your sex appeal tenfold, inspires romance, and draws others to you.

initial whiff from the bottle this is a very heavy floral and not for the faint of heart...thick jasmine and roses...

it reminds me very much of bpal's voodoo blend "love me" but this one has much more depth and strength...

i think this would be perfect for a scent locket and will report back as to how much this draws others to me :P

My favorite Voodoo blend is Love Me.

i didn't think that i'd find anything similar,let alone EVEN BETTER!

Dixie Love Perfume is Love Me plus...honeysuckles. (well,that's what it smells like on me,anyways...).

Cinnamon Red-Hots and honeysuckles. This is FABULOUS :P

In the bottle I kept thinking that this smells kind of like marijuana :D and I get the same toned down smell on my skin at first. Thankfully, some spices come out to cover up that impression.

This isn't intensely floral on me, but I am getting a good dose of cinnamon. It smells like dusty, old, wooden trunks and cinnamon on me. Sort of reminds me of playing around in my grandmother's attic and finding some of her old spice racks. In the drydown, I'm getting an herbal, sweet sort of floral. Perhaps jasmine or honeysuckle.

Dixie Love Perfume smells very heady and intriguing on me. I'll enjoy wearing a tiny bit of this for the boy and seeing what unfolds :P

Yowsa! Patchouli? Dunno... no one else had said they smell it, but it sure smells like it to me and since I love it, that's just fine! Definitely cinnamon, and I had the 30 minute red patches to prove it (hurts so good :P ). There's something else underneath... maybe jasmine, honeysuckle as someone else noted, or ylang ylang. I really can't tell, but it's verrrry nice to my nose. Right after I put this on my daughter told me I smelled good, and hubby did too a short time later. I ran some errands this morning and it seemed like everyone was super-nice and friendly. One of those errands was getting a headlight on my car fixed, and the guy at the shop did this in less than 10 minutes (there were a BUNCH of other cars there... wonder how I got to the head of the line???) and when he came to get me he told me that he didn't charge me any labor for it... I just paid for the part. Now, that could have been because of the short amount of time it took, but I'd like to think it was because I smelled sooooo sexayyy!

This is very, very good stuff! I can always use a blend that will draw people to me, and this seemed to make them very friendly as well.

Wow. This WORKS. :P

I agree that it does smell similar to Love Me, only perhaps a bit sultrier. I'll say it draws others to me -- suffice to say that the first night I wore this out, I ended up kissing every single person in the large group that I was out with. :D People also kept remarking to me, througout the night, in various ways, that I am "hot," "fun," and "a rock star."

Yowza! This one packs a major punch for me and is probably the most effective mojo-increasing oil I've ever used.

I'm not going to review the scent because I put it on a candle, not on me.

This is really really effective. I don't know about "draws others to you" because that wasn't what I was going for, but there was definitely a lot of romance and passion.

Dixie Love Perfume is definitely a keeper! I'm not sure whether I'll need a whole 5 mL of it or not; we'll see how fast I go through my imp. :P

Given that this is called Dixie Love PERFUME, I'm working on the assumption that it's one of the TAL oils (like Amor) that's actually meant to be worn as an intent-driven perfume. (I'm sure it would be good for anointing candles as well, but I haven't used it for that so I can't speak to that use.)

It smells fabulous. I can't really describe it. It reminds me of sweet incense, somehow...but whatever the scent is, it's so sexy that I want to ravish myself when I wear it.

At any rate, I'm pretty impressed with its effectiveness. I've only worn it out in public once, after doing a quick "increase my magnetism" visualization, but the day I did I was approached by a very cute boy who I'd met once, briefly, about two months before and hadn't really seen since then (we'd been in the same class but he never made any attempt to come talk to me after that first meeting). The day I wore Dixie Love, he suddenly approached me out of the blue - twice - and was extremely attentive and chatty and flirty. I'd forgotten I was wearing it, actually, so I was like "WTF?" because I didn't look particularly cute that day. Score one for Dixie Love :P . I'll have to road test it some more, but so far so good!

Dixie Love Perfume - Wow, this is pure jasmine from the first whiff in the vial to when I apply it on my skin. The scent is so incredibly strong and overpowering that a tiny drop will more than suffice. Jasmine and I don’t get along well, but something about this one made me decide to not wash it off right away and see what happened. Sure enough, after about 30 minutes, I noticed the heaviness of the jasmine subsiding and something else floral (honeysuckle?) came forward and blended with the jasmine to create a scent that was quite enticing. It was not something I would have ever guessed I’d enjoy because the jasmine was still quite strong. However, the longer I wore it, the mellower it became until I started to really enjoy the scent wafting around me. It didn’t draw any romance or passion my way, but that was probably due to the fact that the one time so far I decided to give it a test run was also a night that my husband was puking his guts up from food poisoning. :P I’ll have to give it a trial run again some other time.

dixie love perfume has a very intense smell - i identify it mostly as jasmine, but it is not a soft lilting jasmine, like i am used to...it's rather harsh, sharp and dizzying. perhaps , as someone noted, there is ylang ylang here as well. i wasn't sure i liked the scent at first, but i've found that it's grown on me; it's unusual. and does sort of pull you under its spell.

for effectiveness, i'm not sure yet. i wore it to a party one night, and while i didn't meet the love of my life, i had a lot of people flocking around me, though it was more just socializing, than romance. still, i feel like people i had never interacted with before were almost "latching on" to me. hmm. interesting.

since then i've *just* begun to use it with candles, but it's too soon to know if it's working yet. i like this oil! it's not what i usually choose to smell like, but it does seem to have some sort of magnetic thing going on, and puts me in a nice mood.

Damn. I've been dying to try this, and finally bought several imps from the lovely Roesmoker.

And I don't like the scent.

Of course, I know TAL's are for more than scent, and I do intend to try it out for real, but I also like to try them first for scent if its a wearable blend, because I should know how I'm going to react to it, right?

I don't think this would work for me to attract people, because I'd feel self-conscious wearing it.

It is simply too strong on me. It smells just like "Love me": a sort of musky cinnamon with something animalistic in it--not just musk. Turns more cinnamon as it dries. cinnamon and powder. Very very cinnamon though, with something a little like civet beneath. I suppose this could be red musk, which is more animalistic than other musks on me, but it really seems stronger than that (and when I compared it to Satyr in the bottle, I thought it was very similiar, though lighter). It is very strong, with a lot of throw. I wish I got jasmine or honeysuckle from it like others did, but I don’t until the very end, when finally the cinamon has faded and I get a very heavy animalistic jasmine.

Well, determined spell-caster that I am, I'm determined to try it out, so I expect I'll keep a bit, but I certainly don't need three (!) imps of it.

I will report back after I've done more than smell it.

ETA: results? Inconclusive. I've tried it out several times in my boxing class, and some days guys seem a little more friendly. But I'm self-concious when I wear it because it is SO heavy. I don't much like the smell of it wafting off me, though I don't absolutely hate it either. Mostly I've tried to put it on, then layer something heavy over it (Mme. Moriarity was a successful blend), but then I wonder if that reduces it's effectiveness?

Anyway, I'll keep what I have, but I think it is not the ideal love/attraction blend for me.

Edited by cuervosueno

i am a bit in awe at the moment. please excuse me while i rant a bit and explore the magic i just experienced. *mods: if this is too babbly for this thread, please let me know and i will edit. thanks*

perhaps i will report back again with a review based on scent, though i can't remember what it smells like exactly in this moment. i know it's probably not something i would buy for scent alone, though it's good enough that i don't mind wearing it at all. though for now i am here to report my experiences with it.

i applied this (yes, like another reviewer said i think perfume makes this an acceptable TAL oil to wear on one's body,) on my neck and wrists both last night and the night prior and well, all i need to say is ---> i had a very good weekend. ;d

tee.hee.

ok, also, i've been wondering how much i enchant mySelf when i wear TALoils on me. i don't always put them on my skin, actually, if i do wear them i usually put them on my clothing or hair.

i noticed that the effect of this on me was a bit of selfconfidence and an overall sense of openness to others too, which would be the flip side of having people drawn to you, wouldn't it? also i suppose i did feel sexy too. not smutty sexy though, more a deep subconscious grounded sexy. more sophisticated than slutty, if this makes sense. i was out meeting many new people and everyone [well ok many] i came in contact with seemed very, just, uhm, well nice to me. and actually spoke to me, rather than me trying to pull teeth trying to engage others, if this makes sense. it's like it lightened the blanket of that awkward moment when you first meet someone. perhaps i charm myself, and by feeling more open, others are more open to me. ... hmm

also one boy, right after i was introduced to him, told me i smell really good. then he said it again several minutes later. love that.

[i'm sure it didn't hurt that i also was wearing at least a couple other oils, both BP&T.AL blends, one of which was probably charisma. ;} and i surely was wearing both bat's blood and purple phoenix since i just got those in the mail... /digress.]

i only have an imp of this, decanted by a fabulous forum friend, and though i need to experiment more perhaps with wearing this scent sans others, it is very possibly a future bottle.

I just luv this stuff. :P I'm not around a lot of people at work, and I don't have a steady boyfriend right now (the one person I know who could possibly come to fill this position would just attack me no matter WHAT I'm wearing, probably), so I can't speak to the efficacy right now. I adore how I smell with this, so I don't care! It's a patchouli-edged sweet floral on me, maybe cinnamon in there, maybe cassia, not sure. Just for fun, I'll definitely try it around large groups of people (big festivals here this weekend) and see if I come off like a rock star, like our Ms. Summer here.

This stuff is hot. It smells wonderful - as many have noted, jasmine features strongly and not sure what else, possibly sandalwood or something, and definitely cinnamon as it burnt my skin a little on initial application, even though I've never had a problem with it in other blends. I know this is crazy, but there is also a slight...crayony smell about it too!

Does it work? Well, to be honest, when I wore it last I was pretty bloody randy to begin with but it still made me...um, more ardent. Again, hard to judge if it worked in relation to my bedfellow when said person was fairly...open to my advances.

Still, I'm pretty sure it's liquid sex and I'd like to see how it compares to other TAL love/lust/attraction blends I have and am waiting to test.

Smells OK, but seems to be a complete loss on me.

I've tried it a couple of times, anointing candle and myself along with meditation and focusing on what the oil is suppose to help generate. Two very different outings (both at bars, though one was a dive bar the other was a swanky theater bar); the first one I got the same reaction from everyone that I always get, no effect; the second one I got even less attention than what I'd consider usual.

Had someone tell me I smelled like incense, not necessarily in a good way. Not a scent I'd wear if it were *just* a perfume, and it does seem to be *just* a perfume to me.

------

EDIT: Tried it one more time, this time adding a red colored candle instead of just plain white, and including a piece of rose quartz on the alter. Worst. Night. Ever. Ended up crying in the ladies' at my favorite bar because this guy came up and decided he could steal my chair if he said enough upsetting things to get me to leave. Not crude, or inappropriately sexual or like Dixie was being too powerful, no, hurtful, mean things. So I went to the upstairs part. No matter where I went, if people came up to me, it was to be mean. I finally got tired of everyone just throwing all their negativity and anger on me and went home. NEVER USING DIXIE AGAIN!

Edited by izile

I like jasmine, I like ylang ylang, but the combination of the two is overpowering... and thats what this seems to be.. (I think I sense a touch of cinnamon as well?) I wore this once and hubby liked it although he rarely likes florals ...

But just now, in a room burner.. overpowering.

I think its lovely, but so strong... I dont want to dilute it...

As far as effectiveness, I think the fact that he likes it and doesnt like florals speaks for itself... hes always on me like glue.. so .... :P

I seem to be one of the few who doesn't like this scent. I find it kind of syrupy, and the jasmine doesn't smell like the usual BPAL jasmine. The one time I wore it around a boyfriend, it was the only perfume he specifically asked me not to wear again.

In terms of its effectiveness, I burned a candle with this and Blinding Glory of Love. It was a powerful combination to say the least. I was getting so many lustful looks and innuendoes from people that it was making me uncomfortable, which I never thought could happen.

Dixie Love Perfume is pretty intense. I'm not a ritual kind of girl, so I wear my TAL oils layered with regular BPAL as a sort of intent focusing thing. Both times that I've worn Dixie Love Perfume out and about, I've had people tell me that I "smell really good" in a slightly lustful tone of voice. And that's just when I wear a dab behind each ear. I'm a little scared of what will happen if I apply it normally!

Oh my goodness, this smells fabulous!I haven't tried it with purpose yet but the smell makes me want to take advantage of MYSELF.

This is a thick floral that so far is staying nicely on me, which they never do; but there's other stuff in there. It starts out a lot like Salome (which is one of my go-to scents), with a sweet but slightly nail-polish-remover thing going on, but then blossoms out bigger and with more happening. I smell jasmine and honeysuckle and possibly roses; then it flares out into this spicy, not-quite-cinnamon note that's present but not overpowering (quite a trick, because cinnamon is usually a very in-your-face kind of scent IMO); there's an aquatic thing there that I like, which usually I don't go for that note except in a room spray; and a sweet, custardy floral that's probably magnolia and gardenia frolicking together. Poooosibly also a touch of a light, high musk in there, or could that be vetiver? (If I'm remembering vetiver correctly.)

I'll post any results later; I live (but am not from) a small community where pretty much everyone's been married since right after graduation, but there's a big event that draws people from out of town soon. Hmm! Here's hoping...

Post-Festival: Nothing in particular; people were friendly but they usually are around here. I was also working and sleep-deprived, so that likely didn't help. Two men were VERY happy to see me, but one was gay (therefore off the menu, though I love him dearly) and they were both excited because I brought homemade baked goods. :D But I smelled great and it perked me up a bit, so I'm happy.

Edited by mercutia