Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
beetiger

BPAL scents appropriate for very young children?

After calculating how much oil I would need I realized 2 oz bottles would last me quite a while. I decided to get both types of oil and I will have the little one try them and see how they are on, ahem, IMMATURE skin. lol. I will let you know!

My girls started with bpal the same time as me. Both girls have, according to their classmates, signatures. My oldest (started wearing at 9 years) will only wear Drink Me. My youngest (started at 7 years) is the more open to scents. She wears Zombi the most, along with any gingerbread scents. But, she's also liked Fae, Titania, Twinkle twinkle little bat, and all of the snowballs she's tried.

I agree that even when young they can have different skin chemistries. My girls can wear the same scent and it smell completely different on each of them. And as puberty is starting, their skin chems are starting to change on them too.

A few other light ones id recommend would be baobhan sith and Juliet. Or even lemon scented sticky bat.

I'm kind of amazed no one's mentioned the Fraggle Rock line. Maybe I just missed it? Seems right up a kid's ally along with the Paranorman scents. Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo reminds me of being a kid. It smells just like fruity scratch and sniff stickers to me, and Shoggoth smelled like a little girl's perfume to me, surprisingly. Fruit cocktail and bright, happy flowers.

My 13 year old son has had really great luck with Neutral (which just smells like clean musk, so it's very simple), Event Horizon (surprising, but it's not heavy, just slightly resiny and musky), and Baneberry (very strong, very clean). I haven't got around to ordering my rollerballs yet, so we are applying 2 swipes from the imp cap each day, one on each wrist.

When first applying, none of these are very overwhelming, and they are light enough that you can't smell them unless you're in his personal bubble. By the time he gets home at night I don't really smell any lingering scent, but he doesn't have that teenager smell, lol.

I'm letting him test out the Phoenix and Yule decants I've ordered before we place his first bottles order. As others haven mentioned, Paranorman, Coraline, and The Fraggle Rock collection seem great for kids! I'm very excited to get him on the bandwagon!