Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
beetiger

BPAL scents appropriate for very young children?

The little people (4 and 2) demand a swipe of perfume every morning. They don't seem to care much what it is, although of course the foody stuff is preferred (they LOVE Knave of Hearts, which smells awful on me). Fae and Maenad were nice on them. They also like a bit of lavender EO on their clean sheets; maybe I should try some Paris.

They enjoy partaking in the mailbox ritual and confiscate any candy or fruity tea sent to me by swappers. As someone mentioned above, BPAL brings families together.

The little people (4 and 2) demand a swipe of perfume every morning. They don't seem to care much what it is, although of course the foody stuff is preferred (they LOVE Knave of Hearts, which smells awful on me). Fae and Maenad were nice on them. They also like a bit of lavender EO on their clean sheets; maybe I should try some Paris.

They enjoy partaking in the mailbox ritual and confiscate any candy or fruity tea sent to me by swappers. As someone mentioned above, BPAL brings families together.

Oh, my mail is not my own anymore, to the point where if I can grab it as it drops through the door without them knowing I childishly hide it. BUT I have to have something that's mine. I like to wait until I have done chores to "earn" the package and open it slowly and carefully look at everything. They want to rip it open and spread it everywhere.

Shoggoth smells like coconutty floral fruit salad to me - nothing very heavy or sultry, despite the musk - and it might work well on a pre-teen who likes the idea of smelling like a space monster.

My lil boy loves my perfumes - I think he likes that they're in these neat little bottles, with cool labels, or these tiny vials..

we've developed a kind of put-on-perfume-ritual together - he goes to my BPAL box and picks out a bottle or imp, then I open it, let him sniff, and he either says Mmm! or NO!, if no he keeps on picking until he grabs something that he :lol:wants on him.. then I dab a tiny bit on him with the bottle cap or wand.. and he smells his wrist and goes MMMM! and then holds his hand up to me to smell, then goes and makes daddy see how good he smells, and sometimes grandma :lol:

i don't have children, but if i did, these would what they would wear:

- titania - pure, fairy princess!

- the unicorn

- boo

- TKO

- 2, 5, 7

and maybe even shanghai.

i can imagine children loving plastic pink flamingo, lawn gnome, velvet unicorn and pink snowballs as well.. if not for anything else, then for the names alone. in fact, they're high on my wish list.. i'm such a child. ^___^

Anything foodie is good for my kid. She especially likes Beaver Moon and Tweedle Dee and Dum.

Candy Butcher is nicer on her than on me....D:

I don't have any kids yet, though a good friend of mine does have a 13/14 year old girl. She LOVED LOVED LOVED "Boo", which i put into a cream base for her. She said it smelled just like white chocolate cocoa. ^.^ But not overpoweringly foody.

haha she wanted to put it all over her face and sleep on it! lol

I like Boo myself too, but i love layering it with anything i feel could use the "creamy" scent like heavy florals or astringent greens (absinthe for example).

As evidenced in the "Spills" thread, my six year old daughter LOVES Joyful Moon. I don't let her wear any... but I did once let her have a swipe of Mouse's Long Sad Tale, and she liked that! She's more interested in smelling them than wearing them, so far, thankfully.

My daughter just loves, adores, and traysheers her bottle of Strawberry Moon from '05. The more recent version is a little to green for her skin, but the older version smells sweet and more appropriat for a child. Well, at least on her skin. We are very careful with it though, because it is harder to get a hold of. She does like to sniff and try everything, so maybe well find another favorite soon.

My 4 year old monster has absconded with my bottle of Gingerbread Poppet and my imps of Cheshire Cat, The Unicorn, Queen Mab, and Dirty... they even stay in a special bag in mommy's perfume box. :-) thinking about getting her a few more imps for her birthday...

Thought I'd bump this one up -- my 2 1/2 year old boy was watching me spray in some Hair Gloss the other day and asked what I was doing. I said I was putting in hair perfume, and now he wants some too! I dabbed a little of NAVA's Bastet's Amber on him the other morning, and it was a lovely clean white amber on his little head. Now trying to think of BPALs that might work on him. Clean fresh sweet baby is what I'm thinking of, and probably GC, because I don't want to waste the SuperPrecious on him!

His brothers both love Embalming Fluid, so maybe I'll try some from their shared bottle on him.

My 10 yr old has been gifted with 2 full bottles of MILK CHOCOLATE WITH MACADAMIA NUT, COCONUT, BUTTOM MUSHROOM, AND MARSHMALLOW {Had to copy that one cus the name in my head is shroomy chocolate} and 2 bottles of Gluttony. She has been wearing Gluttony for years

ALAS the future commercial perfume wearing kids in her school told her Gluttony smelled horrible and she won't wear it anymore. I think she has a few other bottles as well... beaver moon or strawberry moon or something like that. She does the foody obviously. I have totally forgotten what I have given her since when she hit 8 I let her house her own bottles in her own little box in her own room. But I remember the gluttony and mean girls whenever I see a request for it..... I wonder if she would mind my swapping it?

My 5yo daughter loves wearing whatever I wear, and she really like the foodie ones like Strawberry Moon, Purple and Velvet Phoenix, PP V, etc.

I just told her I'm going to try Tweedledee on her tomorrow as it starts out nice on me but goes really weird on the dry down, so hopefully it's better on her.

I would be afraid to do that on the kids of my friend

but IF you do it I guess Pancake Breakfast and Alice would be nice :lol:

Also a lot of Paranorman ;)

I hugged my 3-year-old son just after putting on Honey Moon '05, and it got on his shirt, I think. Teachers commented on how wonderful he smells. It's a great baby-like scent! I'm cautious and I'm not ready to put anything directly on his skin, but Honey Moon '05 was a hit rubbed off onto his clothes. :)

Maybe I will just start letting him sniff my stuff and see what he likes.

I want to be careful with his skin, but hair was a great place to dab it. Lasted forever, and I could smell it whenever I kiss his little head. Which is a lot.

Might try something like Dana O'Shee if I have some around.

I used Tweedledee on my daughter today and it smells so much better on her than me. It's now dried down to a pleasant book-like skin scent, and it was really orangey earlier. She didn't seem to get any of the black pepper, which I think is what went strange on my skin.

It's been a couple of years and many more updates since this thread was last active, so I'm wondering if other BPAL parents have recommendations for kids!

My son (3 1/2) is into anything cakey. He has a roller bottle of Very Pink Surprise Cake that he loves. He is also following me around hoping to get his hands on my Boo HG. (Nope, too precious!) We have a ritual that if he wakes up with a nightmare, I dab a bit of Somnus on one wrist (to help him sleep) and a bit of Baku on the other (for nightmares). He will say, "I need smells! The sleepy one and the no monsters!" He also likes vanilla smells (which he adorably pronounces "familla").

My daughter (7), goes for the fruity and flowery. Her favorites right now are Mermaid, Blue Lollipops, and Love-in-Idleness. She is going to get a roller of Mariposita (which she says smells like strawberry gummi bears) as soon as I get my act together and make it up. She likes a lot of blends I have tried, but sometimes I think they are too complicated, grown up, or the name is downright inappropriate! :D I have been surprised she rejects all of the other foody things she's tried (VPSC, Pralines, Boo), saying they smell bad to her. Not sure if it's her body chemistry or the way her nose is wired.

Anyone else have kids with favorites or stashes of their own? I would also appreciate recommendations for "simple" floral or fruit scents.

Xeia, thanks for pointing this thread out to me!

My daughter has no favorites *yet* but she's very interested. She chose Boo hair gloss and is super-excited to get it. (she's 10) These are all great ideas in this thread! I *think* that she will lean towards foody and sugary, but I can never tell with her.

I'm curious how many kids are affected as much by the concept as the scent -- she is actually super-interested in the Lovecraft line although I can't quite see her liking the smells! I think she will want to try the whole Alice line -- she identifies very strongly with Alice. Still waiting to see if she'll want to use anything as a scent, or stick with HG and maybe a lotion. What other ways do any of you use bpal for kids?

Xeia -- when you make your kids' roller bottles up; you said you do about 3 ml oil plus 1 ml scent (like, an imp's worth)? And you use fractionated coconut oil? I see a lot of people using jojoba oil, why did you go with the coconut? I have zero clue on this, but I'm definitely wanting to try it!

I'm curious how many kids are affected as much by the concept as the scent -- she is actually super-interested in the Lovecraft line although I can't quite see her liking the smells! I think she will want to try the whole Alice line -- she identifies very strongly with Alice. Still waiting to see if she'll want to use anything as a scent, or stick with HG and maybe a lotion. What other ways do any of you use bpal for kids?

Xeia -- when you make your kids' roller bottles up; you said you do about 3 ml oil plus 1 ml scent (like, an imp's worth)? And you use fractionated coconut oil? I see a lot of people using jojoba oil, why did you go with the coconut? I have zero clue on this, but I'm definitely wanting to try it!

I suspect we like Mermaid because of the name/concept: it's against "type" that she generally picks. She's excited to get decants of the Liliths and wanted to pick among the pictures, so I ended up editing her wishlist due to notes. And budget.

Dilution: honestly, I was considering both because supposedly both are long-lasting and won't interfere with scent, but the coconut came across my path at a good price/quantity first. Wish I could say there was thoughtful deliberation! :rolleyes2: I chose roller bottles because I wanted the kids to be as independent as possible, minimizing spillage. They also each get to dip into lotion I've scented sometimes.

Dilution: honestly, I was considering both because supposedly both are long-lasting and won't interfere with scent, but the coconut came across my path at a good price/quantity first. Wish I could say there was thoughtful deliberation! :rolleyes2: I chose roller bottles because I wanted the kids to be as independent as possible, minimizing spillage. They also each get to dip into lotion I've scented sometimes.

Ha! Well that is a good answer. I'll poke around a bit and see if there's any reason one would be better than the other for my girl. I'm definitely doing the diluted roller bottles for her, one way or another!!