Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Gingerbread Poppet

Warm, cozy gingerbread spiced with nutmeg, clove and cinnamon.

Perfect scent for the foody gal; and I be one of them.

This one is the perfect combo of gingerbread and other spices. Like the pieces to a Gingerbread house baking in the oven. This one is better than Shub (aka Evil Gingersnaps- I just couldn't handle it!). Good thing it's cheaper and easier to find too than Shub too lol

Did I mention I love Clove & Nutmeg?

*hugs her 2 bottles* I heard this one gets better with age. Edited by Shollin

:P

The sweeter, gentler, foodier (and as MA pointed out above, easier to find and purchase) sister of Shub. I love the spicy yummy goodness that is Gingerbread Poppet, and I'll be sure to grab another bottle if it shows up again.

Gingerbread Poppet-

In bottle: OMFG I AM IN LOVE. This is carrot cake WITH THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING. Oh!

Wet: Less vanilla cream-cheese-y and more of the ginger blooming on my skin. Not quite so ecstatic as the first sniff, but still yummy. Let's see how it settles out.

Dry: Ah, I wish that cream cheese yumminess had done its thang on my skin too, but the sweet ginger scent is very pleasant, though it does not seem to have huge staying power on me.

Overall: I like. Will try again in larger quantity.

*hugs her 2 bottles* I heard this one gets better with age.

Oh! Where did you get your two bottles from? I just got an imp from Jenn(thanks thanks thanks!) and its SOO YUMMY AND DELICIOUS! it smells exactly like gingerbread! My arms get a little red because of the cinnamon in it but after a while it just dissapears.

Are they going to sell this one again?

Well, I was sure I was going to adore this. I love ginger scents and I love cinnamon and clove and the spicier scents Beth makes, and I do like it but I don't love it.

It is very sweet and light in the vial, I could barely smell it.

Once I put it on I could smell the gingerbread popping through but the sweetness knocked all of the spicy out by the time it was dry on me and it was almost all light ginger sugar after about an hour on.

It is a nice scent, but it isn't a scent that I will by a bottle of. It is a very warm, cozy scent though and I think I will keep it for December when I am in the holiday mood.

Gingerbread Poppet '05

A hot-from-the-oven snickerdoodle! [“Snickerdoodle”: an autumn/winter sugar cookie with a hint of gingerbread and cinnamon sprinkled on top; great with milk!]

Summary: actually, this is better than a snickerdoodle- gingerbread sometimes has a nasty bite, but not this poppet- it’s a steadier, spicy scent ! Yum! :P

This isn't the sort of gingersnap gingerbread I'd expected, but far more of a cakey, sweeter sort. Very lightly spiced, quite a pleasant scent and very foody, as to be expected. The cinnamon and cloves are all of the bakery sort, the first sniff very strangely was exactly how it turned out on my skin!

Unfortunetely, it was also quick to fade. Alas, into the swap pile.

This decanted imp of Gingerbread Poppet '05 is traveling as part of the General Catalogue swap.

Not to repeat any other posts or reviews, but cinnamon oil typically causes a horrible reaction on my skin. Who says I can't sniff?!?

Ah, I understand why so many forumites are in love with this scent. It is truly THE very scent of warm gingerbread. Lovely. Rich. Spicy. Very evocative of the holiday kitchen. Happy to have had the opportunity to at least get a whiff of it. Thanks, brownbear.

Safe travels wandering imp!

Gingerbread Poppet '04

This is a true gingerbread scent, just like it smells when it comes out of the oven. It's very heavily cinnamon, but the sugary side of it balances nicely. This is actually very very close to the original Sugar Cookie (not the re released one that smells like baking vanilla) and I'm not surprised that the next Sugar Cookie smelled completely different. Ging. Poppet is a great scent, and perfect for foody lovers that like cinnamon scents. It has a lot of throw and sticking power as well, which is always a bonus. :P

yes yes yes! YES! so delicious, even that crispy, slightly burnt smell, which I would never expect to ever like.. but somehow it balances the blend, anchors everything straight to the pan. so, so delicious.

(2005 poppet!)

Smells just like when you open a package of lebkuchen, aka Perfect Gingerbread Scent. Wonderful! And so of course I try this the first year that it's not offered for Yule. Sigh.

OOH this is is so delicious! It smells exactly like gingerbread, spicy, sweet, and warm. I love this scent, but I don't think I'll use it, so I swapped it. It doesn't smell right on my skin, it would be better as a room scent.

This ties with Beaver Moon for my all time favorite BPAL blend.No surpise,considering I ADORE gingerbread!It's not too spicy but not too buttery either,just right!I slather it so I need to find atleast 1 more bottle!

In the imp and wet on my skin, this smells exactly like delicious gingerbread fresh from the oven. Unfortunately, something goes horribly wrong as it dries. Underneath all the sweet and spicy gingerbread there's a hint of stale urine. I'm going to try it again in a few weeks in hopes that it's just a hormonal problem. :P Only I could turn fresh gingerbread into enraged incontinence musk.

Edited by evilmistressoftoast

This is the '05 version. On me this is true, but heavily iced, gingerbread. Nicely spiced, and not too cookie-like. But the sugar is cloying and ruining it for me. Luckilly I thought to put it on my boyfriend, who's a huge ginger fan. On him it's pure true gingerbread without being overly sweet or foody -- it smells like gingerbread without making you randomly crave gingerbread from smelling it. Nice and cuddly. :-D I'm just going to have to use him as a portable fragrance diffuser -- he turns gingery and foody scents into what I think they should smell like, instead of horrible sweet or soured things.

(This is the 2005 version.)

Gingerbread! Not fresh from the oven and still warm gingerbread, but a more subdued scent like gingerbread baked a couple days ago. It briefly threatens to go plasticky but never does. Unfortunately, the scent never has much throw, and it wears off really fast. I like it, though, and I'll have to try applying more next time.

Warm, cozy gingerbread spiced with nutmeg, clove and cinnamon.

This is the 2005 version.

I LOVE this scent! :P

This reminds me of warm ginger cookies that are rolled in sugar and cinnamon. The scent stays with you all day. I just can't seem to stop smelling my wrists. I love it so much I snagged another bottle on Ebay! :D

I have a 2005 decant.

Wet: I could smell ginger before I even opened the imp, and after it warmed up a bit in my hand and I finally opened it (I got distracted!), it smells just exactly like warm gingerbread (the cakey type, not cookies necessarily -- there's a richness there that is evocative of cake).

First on: There's a sweetness here that makes me think it's iced gingerbread. :D I love it; it's just so spot on.

Dry: Ack, no! Where did it go?! :P My skin just ate it up and all I have left is the vaguest hint of ginger and nutmeg. This smell is too perfect, it needs to last longer! Perhaps with some lotion...

Edit: Oh, it's back. Hooray!

Edited by Melissa Della

I received a decant of 2004 Poppet as part of a swap with a lovely Forumite.

In the vial: ginger heaven with a tiny hint of nutmeg.

Wet on skin: the ginger goodness is fading and the cinnamon really amps up. I love the scent of cinnamon, but cinnamon oil does not like me. (I get red welts from cinnamon oil :P )

I love this scent, but I will confine it to a scent locket.

2005 Lab-Direct

In the bottle: Rum and ginger and maple syrup.

On me: Gingerbread, pure and simple. Moist and sweet and spiced with a slight whiff of pumpkin as well.

Later: Cinnamon Gingerbread.

The throw isn't that good. This is something I'd wear for myself and not so others could smell me unless they were right up close and personal. Very untampered with. Nothing fake or too strong about it.

In the imp: gingerbread! sort of a butterscotch tang to it, also.

On me, wet: mm butterscotch and spices. This is warm and delicious-smelling.

On me, dry: stays sort of sweet and mildly foody and butterscotchy, and hangs around for *ages*.

Verdict: Yum! I'm not big on really foody scents usually, but this is lovely, and the SO likes it, too. I guess I'll be holding onto my rollerball of this.

The nutmeg in this is very strong and buttery! I really like this and it will go good in an oil burner! It's more of a sweet, warm, butter smell than spice (cinnamon and clove). I do wish it had a little more spice to it...but it's yummy all the same!