Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Creates a veil of sexual allure and charismatic comeliness. Used for casting Venusian glamours and spells for beauty, charm and sensuality.

Glamour smells like sweet, slightly powdery tea roses on me. Perhaps with a light backdrop of something like myrrh. It has that scent of a silky smooth resin on me, rather warm and pleasant.

I don't know about the veil of sexual allure and charismatic comeliness, but this is a very pretty and girlie perfume on me. I wore it around some people that I was hoping to impress, and they didn't react to me any differently than they normally would.

Still, this is a beautiful rose-ish scent on me. I find it intriguing and would definitely continue wearing it, it's a sultry sort of fragrance. :P

Is there dragon's blood in this? I swear I am picking it up, at least for a bit after putting it on, but it's herbal, too, or....something. Vague, I know, but I still lack the skill of picking out notes so well like many of the lovlies on this board are able to do.

However, after it dries down, all I get is Easter candy (and I mean this in the best way possible! :P ). It smells exactly like opening a bag of those Brach's marshmallow eggs, you know the kind....pink, blue, purple, white, yellow, green & orange. Every year I buy a bag then force myself to eat them because of some sweet childhood association--but they *do* smell good.

But that is not the best part of this oil. Oh, no, not by a long shot. But to keep this review G-rated, I'll just say, the boy was unusually amorous last night, in a way not seen in years. He was all kisses & sweet nothings, & you'd better believe I was thanking Beth in my head the whole time....wait--that sounded creepy.

Still, I am chalking this one up to the oil, because, this was seriously one for the history books. As a matter of fact, I plan on writing an erotic novel based on the experience & becoming filthy, stinking rich. Keep your eyes peeled. :D

Yeah, big bottle purchase all the way.

ETA: I wore this again & could not believe I didn't notice before how similar this smelled to Blood Rose to me!

Edited by sixthsentinel

In Bottle: Sweet resinous floral

On Skin: This scent is very powdery and I smell rose at first. There is also a resinous background, amber or myrrh. I like that it is sweet, but the slightly tart rose note does turn me off a bit. My husband doesn’t like rose scents either so I’m not sure if he’ll like this. It’s very feminine and I do think it’s pretty. I may annoint a candle with it and see if that helps… but on my skin the rose is just amped too much.

In the bottle: Smells like sultry movie stars should smell...wowza.

On the skin:

I didn't really notice rose at first, but it makes me think of a bouquet of delicate white and pink flowers. It smells like a wee bit of tea rose in there, along with resins, amber and perhaps a touch of honey. I suppose my wearing of it was rather half-assed, because I simply picked it because the scent made me feel good and for my 1st day of Intermediate Statistics class I wanted to feel good and have confidence about myself. In that light, it worked. :P The girl sitting next to me bought me a coke at the break time and the profs seemed very attentive to my questions. Everyone who smelled the scent on me really liked it and asked what it was called. I told them "Glamour" and they all nodded and said "Yeah, it DOES smell like glamour!!"

Call me a silly fool, but this one just makes me *feel* happy. It is like the oil is infused with positive energy and positive-self-image energy, Wear this and feel like a hottie!! :D

EDITED TO ADD:

Over 24 hours later and this still is smelling delicious and makes me feel great every time I sniff my wrist. Rawr. Glamour has some mighty awesome staying power on me.

Edited by absinthea

This is very pink and feminine on me, reminiscent of the Venus oil. It's not my cup of tea in terms of perfume (I'm not a rose fan and this is JUST like tea roses as others have said) but the scent is pleasant enough to work with. In terms of results... this doesn't seem to have a direct effect on me the way Queen of the Nile does. What it does undoubtedly do is expedite my link to Venus (the goddess, not the oil!) when I work with her. This oil is almost like an offering to her and an invocation at the same time. So in a roundabout way it does deliver the goods but not as directly as I wanted.

Glamour is a beautiful blend! It smells very strongly of gardenia in the vial, but gardenia blended with something almost that tempers it and keeps it from becoming too heady and overbearing – resinous amber, perhaps? It’s definitely a warm scent like amber is on me. When I apply this blend, I instantly feel a greater sense of confidence. The first time I wore it, I didn’t do anything different than usual. I wore an outfit I’d worn the previous week. My makeup was my typical workday makeup. My hair was still a bit damp and in fact (thoroughly unglamorous of me) my legs needed to be shaved. But I was wearing TAL Glamour. Within the first 10 minutes of arriving at work, the guy in the office across from mine walked into my office and said, "Wow, you're looking good today! What is up? Did you do something different?" About 20 minutes later, I was in his office for another meeting with one of my female coworkers, and the male coworker interrupted the meeting to remark once again that something must be going on because I look really "glamorous" (his words!) today. I didn't tell him I was wearing Glamour. I just smiled and thought that's a pretty damn good indicator that this stuff works if I can be told I look glamorous when I have damp hair and unshaven legs! I also wore it to a party a week or so later and was showered with compliments all evening about how nice I looked. I’d definitely say Glamour works! And it smells lovely, too, which is a really nice bonus.

I enjoy this fragrance a lot. It starts out with some floral notes - rose, and maybe tuberose? A hint of violet? It's soft, feminine, elegant. Something else in here reminds me of Lionheart, and that could be amber. It's light and a little bit almond-like. Maybe there's heliotrope too. Whatever it is, it brings a warm, lightly earthy base to the airy flowers.

I can't report yet on how this affects others, but I felt good wearing it - a mellow, content kind of good - and I was sniffing my wrist a lot for a couple hours.

(tested primarily for scent and not for intent)

In the imp: roses and resins.

On me, wet: pink tea roses over resins. This is very sweet and girly and fairly light - a little powdery, if anything, but in a warm way.

On me, dry: still light sweet and pink roses soft over a warm resinous base. Very pink, still a bit powdery, very very girly.

Verdict: The SO thought it was pretty, but that was about it. And I think actually this is really too girly for general use. But I'll hold onto the imp for now anyway.

Glamour: roses and linens with the slightest touch of resins. It lasts and lasts, and I have worn this as a perfume and worked with in spells and such before going out and I have to say that this is incredible. I really can't go into too many details with what has happened when wearing this but I will say that I get noticed. It has the ability to bring out lust in people with whom you may be attracted to (and also those you don't) Of course it helps with what YOUR intent is and how you handle it. But damn, this is my scent to wear when I wanna get some.

Six months ago, I anointed a regular pink candle with Glamour and, was rather unclear about my goals. I think I said something about wanting to be very sexually attractive to the men I knew. The candle burned cleanly. Then I dabbed whatever cleavage I have with a bit of Glamour. Gorgeous scent, rosey and light, totally girly, and sliiiiiiight smell of resin. It's what my violin case smelled like when my mom gave me flowers after a performance. That's...oddly specific, and not a sexy association, but hey. I digress.

Results: people were more attracted to me, and more vocally so. I was slightly pawed on one occasion, a younger teacher hit on me on another, and I had to do some polite drunken turndowns (which, always awkward, and I'm shuddering just remembering the teacher incident. ARGH). At our party, I wanted to hear more bhangra, and I told the DJ so quickly and politely - one of many people asking for requests. He played several bhangra songs, and afterwards came up to me and told me that he was motivated by watching me dance and gave me a big hug. I was wearing a T-shirt and jeans, my hair was a mess from all the dancing, and I am no Bipasha Basu. In addition, the boy I had a huge and completely superficial crush on...demonstrated his interest in me, let's say. Unfortunately, there's nothing in Glamour that specifies that when you're looking hot, the cute boys kiss well. Sorry to be unladylike. Aaaaanyway, this experience taught me to be more specific in the future, for sure. Specificity in language = good.

Then, recently, I left that cute boy an online message on the occasion of his birthday. He has sent me multiple, super-complimentary, very out of the blue messages since. And I checked - he didn't send similar ones to his other friends who left online birthday wishes. We're not that close, we haven't talked since a few days after that night, and we haven't seen each other since then. I am totally blaming this on that night of my hotness wafting around in that drafty chamber of his memory. Effective blend, five thumbs up, just be careful my dears!

(edited to include an incident I forgot!)

Edited by prettypinkkitty

Scent: Headache-inducing thick floral; rose definitely, and maybe lilac? Flowers, though, and a lot of them.

Effectiveness: Used this the other night before a party. I wore a bit in a scent locket and applied some while concentrating on my appeal and focusing on becoming more attractive to people. Result? Negligible. My husband was no more affectionate, boys did not flirt, girls did not gather round, and I felt like a dog's dinner the whole day anyway. Plus it gave me a shrieking migraine.

Either I wore too much, used it wrong, or it's simply not for me. Boo. Guess I'll stick with French Creole, which works wonders.

A.

I have been feeling kind of run-down (due to illness) and not that hot lately. So last night, before going out, I put a drop of Glamour on each chakra point as I was getting ready.

When my date picked me up, he commented repeatedly that I looked so pretty, that I am so beautiful, etc. When we got to the restaurant, my friend remarked that I looked pretty. Then our other friend arrived, and he said (can you guess?) "wow aren't you looking pretty!"

:P

Well then. I think it is safe to say that Glamour is quite effective.

WOW! I have never had anything work like this in my life.

My package from TAL arrived in the mail yesterday. I was sniffing them all, and decided to try out Glamour. I anointed my chakras and stated my intent to bring out my natural beauty and to make my physical beauty apparent to myself and others. Then I sat down to knit for a while. I didn't change my clothes from work, my hair was in a pony tail, I was just normal. When my lovely spouse got home from work, I was immediately showered with compliments "Oh Xoe, you are so beautiful! You look so beautiful! You are always so beautiful!" On and On all night. That never happens! WOW!

And it smells really nice and feminine too.

Some musings about this ritual oil:

Glamour mostly smells like a single note rose scent to me: very pretty, although not my usual cup of tea for a perfume.

My theory about Glamour is that has had a kind of "stone soup" effect on me. What I mean this is the following:

After I ordered Glamour, I found myself looking in the mirror and thinking, "Tisk, my gray roots are showing. Someone who is casting a glamour certainly shouldn't have gray roots." So I went and got my hair colored before the bottle showed up. Then on Friday morning I was running late but looked in the mirror again and thought, "Tisk, I look tired. Someone who is casting a glamour certainly should put on some eye shadow." And on it went.

I've been using it since Friday, putting a little on the palms of my hands and then running my hands over my hair. This is a pretty perfunctory ritual as rituals go. So far nobody has paid me any more compliments than usual, so this may be a slow-acting TAL for me. In particular, after applying Glamour I looked in the mirror and admitted to myself that I really need to lose some weight, which is a slow process.

Really I think 99% percent of the game of beauty is intention anyway, so I look at Glamour (the TAL) as "merely" a tool to focus my intent. Time will tell how effective a tool this will be.

I did not use this for any purpose as I was not able to tolerate the scent on its own. Thus the following is purely a scent review.

In the bottle: Sweet, spicy, and a little green.

Wet: Spicier, some floral, still quite green. Almost a wee bit soapy.

Dry: Sweet, incensey powder.

I tested Glamour (thanks to a generous swapper!) a few days back at a formal occasion at my work place, and I certainly noticed an effect.

First: The scent is like a more rosey Charisma to my nose. A bit stronger and more sensual, too. However, I didn't concentrate on the scent and had something else on as a perfume, too, so I might be totally wrong there.

I think it primarily worked on the way I felt and interacted with the people I met. More open, more flirtatious, more power, too. I certainly felt attractive that night.

Edited by blu°

Wow- this is just beyond incredible. I was a little skeptical that an oil could change someone so much but Glamour definately had some effect!

The first time I wore it, I didn't say anything to the hapless victim bf, I just sat next to him and we talked while on the computer. All night long he was telling me how much he loved me :eek: (this is a guy of few emotional words, especially of the "L" word), and stroking my hair (not sure why but everytime I wear this he does that to me). Then I got the uh, er, affect I was after with not so much as a "I'm tired" ;) That is impressive from a guy who works as much (and has as much mental clutter) as he does.

The second time I wore Glamour he kept saying how pretty I was and did the same affectionate gestures. I was pretty cranky that night but it seemed like no matter what I did he was affectionate and loving the whole time we were out. BUT late into the night, after the desired effect took place, it seemed to wear off and in fact we got into a big argument. I'm wondering if it's the wear time of the oil or if it only works until you get the desired effect? In any case this is a balm to my relationship that has much tension do to a clash of careers, ideas etc. I almost feel bad using it because it works so well- I don't want to do something against his will. But really I don't think it puts a "spell" on him I think it just opens up his emotions to freely express the feelings he already has.

But if anyone is questioning if this works, believe me, it does! I will be getting a 5ml of this for sure.

As far as the fragrance goes I cant really say because I only use a VERY small dab on my neck. It seems a little sweet and rosy with some herbally smelling componant.

I've been using Glamour for some time, anointing my bits & bobs before heading out for a night on the town when I'm... er... in the market? Fiending? Designated to be naughty and toy with some fellas?

Anyway, I won't comment on the scent. I will, however, make note of several things I've noticed when wearing the oil:

1) Huge leaps in self-confidence. I carry myself differently while wearing it.

2) I get approached more, checked out more, bought more drinks, flirted with, etc. than ever.

3) I pick up.

3.1) The downside to picking up (so easily) is:

3.1 a - a couple of these poor boys have developed feelings where there ought not have been feelings

3.1 b - a couple of boys had their hearts broken

4) There's a certain amount of emotional detachment I've noticed in myself while wearing the blend. Glamour really packs a wallop as a lust blend for me, but I've thusfar managed to keep a clear head and not fallen head over heels for anyone while wearing it with the intent of using it as a lust blend

5) My girlfriends don't like the scent on me as a perfume. In fact, neither do I, but holy bejeesus does it work well for its intended purpose.

EDIT/UPDATE:

I'm leaving my original post in tact above, but I thought I should add to this original review with a little reflection. I've continued using glamour for a few months, even having to re-stock my supply because I ran out. Upon reflection of the way I use the blend with specific intent, and how I have used it with specific intent, I've come to realize that its effects are rarely on the people I interact with, but largely on how I perceive myself, and how I respond to others while wearing it (and consequently how they respond to me.)

I think that's the important, positive result of Glamour's prolonged use: how its changed me as a person, and how I see myself. I'm no longer hyper-critical of my appearance, my weight, my diet; I don't deal with the same self-esteem issues as when I first started using Glamour to bolster my own self-image. As a result, I'd like to think that I've met a good guy, who was drawn to me because of my charisma (and, ironically, not for the reasons mentioned above.)

To pack an added punch, I actually bought a Beauty Bag a few months back to use with it, but the little pink pouch has never been used because Glamour's been so potent. I thought I might keep it in my purse as a fail-safe backup for those moments of self-doubt, but it hasn't been necessary.

Glamour, accordingly, has become my go-to blend par excellence; no longer restricted to lust and love spells (the latter which I don't employ for ethical reasons; the former with no specificity, to clarify my original posting.)

Edited by elixireleven

WOW! This smells like a glamour goddess' dressing room. Beautiful perfumes, lotions, makeup all placed on an ornate dressing table. The glamour goddess looking into her huge mirror and brushing her long, perfumed locks. Definately one to try before a big night out!

I will update with how it works when I have used it. I imagine that I will anoint myself and visualise how I would like to be perceived.

In the IMP oh the sweetness ..so so lovely and sweet. On me it starts off STRONG, a very heady glamourous sweetness. Rose, violet, sugary goodness. I love this. It makes me feel so pretty and girly.

As it dries there is a cool, clean, watery sweetness that comes through.

I have interview this afternoon for some PT work (2nd job) and then a meeting with my son's teacher. I'll reapply later and see how i affects these encounters, and I want to see if my hubby notices ;)

Edited by Lilly

Hoo boy, I used this a few weeks ago, and I was not prepared. :wacko2:

Disclaimer: there were a couple of different things going on. I was at a convention and cosplaying a famously fanservicey character, and I've also lost a bunch of weight. So it might not all be the oil. But still, I dressed cute the previous evening, had the same figure, and didn't get this weird effect. I put this on to complement the sexy costume. Liked the scent--it smells kind of like Venus and Charisma mixed together, which seems appropriate--I get the watery floral of Venus and the warm ambergris(?) thing Charisma does, and it's quite pretty.

As I walked around the convention, I got a ton of attention. None of it was even really bad; mostly it was just random guys walking by and saying "Hi, (Character's Name)" or "How you doin', (Character's Name)." But after about half an hour of it, I just started feeling really bombarded, like every random comment was a tiny little needle sticking me. I'm not used to getting that much attention, I guess? I felt like I was missing some vital protective membrane.

I will definitely use this again, but I'll have to remember to shield first, for my sanity's sake.